Page 2 of 235 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Acquisitions - Indiana Jones Edition

Re: Recent Acquisitions - Indiana Jones Edition

Whip cracking indy isn't TOO terrible. I fiddled with the craption feature a little bit and as expected it doesn't work worth a heck, and he of course has the obscenely large holster, but just standing around he presents well enough. And his artifact is the grail tablet. I call they totally knew what they were doing with that one.

This evening I picked up an extra KOTCS with and without jacket Indiana's. One to swap a head for a ROTLA indy and the without jacket to swap bodies with the ark indy to swap a head (I'm getting dizzy) to make a streets of cairo Indy. That doesn't have a foolish action feature.

I went to WM to buy a Sallah, and they didn't even frakkin' have him. So I bought another pack of Nazi's instead because I'm sorta...well...I'm sorta complulsive ok?
    ~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers': Part 1! Updated Oct/27/17!

Sallah, the Cemetery Warrior and the Monkey Man do seem to be showing up a lot less frequently then everybody else. I've only seen them once (when I bought them) and the cemetery warrior I still haven't actually seen.

Well, after only buying two figures (German soldier and German with motorcycle), I went nuts yesterday and bought a bunch of stuff:

ROTLA Indy w/ jacket
    Sallah
    Indy w/ Ark
    Marion w/ Cairo henchman
    Germans two-pack
    KOTCS Indy w/ RPG
    KOTCS Indy w/ jacket
    Ugha Warrior
    Cemetary Warrior
    Colonel Dovchenko
    Russian Soldier

I passed on the two versions of Mutt Williams (that I saw plenty of), because every single one of them had the worst face paint apps that I've ever seen on a toy. I think knock-off toys have better apps! It was so disappointing. I'm not about to shell out the $12 for both figures, then have to crack out the fine detail paint brushes, trying to fix China's mistakes.

Didn't see the female Russian (forgot her name, Spock's daughter ) and passed on the whip-cracking Indy for now. I do plan on getting both of those eventually, along with the other Deluxe Indys. I have the remaining ROTLA figures on order from HTS that still have not shipped. I'll have to email them and ask... they were incompetent with the last order I placed there, after all.

Well other than the hit & miss paint apps, I'm really happy with these figures! I don't mind the plastic robes too much, although it begs the question of why Kenner could use real cloth effectively over 25 years ago (Monkey Man, Cairo Swordsman), but not now.

Picture of my figures
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

I picked up the Russian Soldier and deluxe Indy w/horse this morning.

I used 2 of the Target coupons on the following:

Jungle Cutter
    Irina
    RotLA Whip Indy
    Dovchenko
    German Soldier

I also bought a Russian soldier at TRU

Oh wow, I didn't know that the Jungle Cutter was out! I need to buy it now!
    ~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers': Part 1! Updated Oct/27/17!

Quote Originally Posted by jodo
    Oh wow, I didn't know that the Jungle Cutter was out! I need to buy it now!
    Yep, it sure is out! I'm in Los Angeles, CA btw and so this looks like the usual pattern of West Coast appearances first and then other parts of the country later on.

It's a really great vehicle and the rubbery curtain on the right side of the cockpit was a nice surprise. Usually that part would be part of the plastic mold.

Deluxe Indy with Temple Trap. 6 POA, but still a fun little package for $10.

Earlier I bought the cargo truck, Mutt with jacket (and mostly decent pain apps ), and a second Indy with horse (keeping one carded because I expect to see the horse corrected to white). The horse is a great toy! Fully posable, more so than the Lord of the Rings 6" scale horsies. I'm glad that the saddle and reins are removable... it makes customizing the horse easier Thinking about getting another just for the hell of it and making the horse black for... well, anyone, maybe even Luke Skywalker
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

Page 2 of 235 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast