Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legacy Collection General Discussion Thread

Re: TLC General Discussion - v.1

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorPalpitate
    Maybe I missed it during all my whining about '08, but did they ever announce which films will be represented in TLC? I know there's a second ROTJ wave coming, but what else? Any ANH or ESB?

ROTJ
    CWA
    ROTS
    ANH
    ROTJ

TPM,AOTC and ESB are comming in 09, but that's what's rumored for this year.

I know there's a second ROTJ wave coming, but what else?
    Where did you hear that?
    "I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

Quote Originally Posted by HaloHawk87
    I know there's a second ROTJ wave coming, but what else?
    Where did you hear that?

Check the rumor thread. It's not confirmed by any means, but at this point it seems most logical.

I like the fact that most figures are Super Articulated by now.

Nothing comes out on 7/26? That's a dissapointment! I thought Wal-Mart's Droid Factory 2-packs were due out soon... =/

So if the estimated on shelf date is late july, then the first sightings should come in around early june, and nobody en masse will be able to find them until mid september

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof
    Nothing comes out on 7/26? That's a dissapointment! I thought Wal-Mart's Droid Factory 2-packs were due out soon... =/
    So you meant "Nothing comes out BEFORE 7/26?" I take it?

Yeah, there's a long gap. Hasbro claims it's so everyone has a chance to get all the Force Unleashed figures since from a retailer standpoint it's the "end of the line", the TAC line that is, and is usually under-ordered and poorly distributed (I hardly saw any of the Wal-Mart exclusive TSC figures in stores, with weeks of searching; just a couple Nabruns, Labrias, and bugs). But with around 5 months of nothing but those for basics, I think everyone will have their fill. Hasbro may also be hoping that Indiana Jones will distract many of us from the lack of new SW product.

I actually think the whole Indiana Jones thing is EXACTLY what they're counting on to fill the gap. They're guessing that we're going to be bored and make impulse buys, because it's "close" - and I bet they're right. I can almost see it happening to some - bet we even get RA posts on the topic (or off the topic as the case would be)...

'78
    40+ YEARS of 3.75" collecting, 3.75" should always drive the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Since1978
    They're guessing that we're going to be bored and make impulse buys, because it's "close" - and I bet they're right.
    conspiracy theory alert

Have you noticed how many times a new product type or line is in heavy circulation at the same time we are experiencing a drought in the basic figure line. The last time I can remember this was during Saga 06 around wave 3. There were next to no basic figures on the pegs, but Titanium was in heavy circulation. I've always assumed this was intentional on the part of Hasbro to allow the new lines to gain traction.

In my personal case, it worked. I never would have started buying the Titanium vehicles if the pegs had been filled with Utapau clones.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof
    Well, the Walmart DF 2 packs had a date of on shelf for May 1st. That was according to Hasbro's slide show thing at Toy Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete
    So if the estimated on shelf date is late july, then the first sightings should come in around early june, and nobody en masse will be able to find them until mid september
    If it is a hard set date (like CW3D figures), I would not expect to see any on the shelf before that 07-27-08 date.
    I am a Jedi, like my father before me!
    My Trade List & ask for customs link

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast