Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unproduced Star Wars Toys - Sansweet Article

Unproduced Star Wars Toys - Sansweet Article

Hello Scummers,

I've been reading up on the unproduced Kenner toys from their 1985-86 binder and there is an article referenced by Stephen Sansweet that I would love to read. Apparently the article was entitled "Galactic Bazaar: Tales of Phantom Toys: Unproduced Kenner Star Wars toys" and was in "Topps' Star Wars Galaxy Collector Magazine, Issue 2, Winter 1995."

I am really hoping someone on this forum might have an old copy? If they were able to scan the article and PM me with it I would be really massively grateful. Thank you in advance if you can help you are an absolute star!
    BONSAI'S BIG COLLECTION...of little figures July 2016 UPDATE! Vintage Price Guide
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1086230/

Definitely a magazine worth seeking out. Seems like yesterday I eagerly bought it at a comic book store.

In the meantime, you can amuse yourself with this feature, which has some similar information:

Star Wars Is Forever: 1985-86 Line Extension Presentation Binder
    Ron Salvatore (rsalvatore11@hvc.rr.com)
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive
    www.theswca.com
    NAGAMAROO!

I might have that issue. I just moved though so I am not sure where that box is.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ronsalvatore View Post
    Definitely a magazine worth seeking out. Seems like yesterday I eagerly bought it at a comic book store.

In the meantime, you can amuse yourself with this feature, which has some similar information:

I love the Imperial Attack Droids.

Droid C is amazing but what the hell is going on with Droid B

Pretty cool concept pieces....thanks Ron

Imperial base playset for the ATAT would have been wonderful. Maybe priced like the GIJOE flagg.

-James

hey HAS, what are u waiting for!!! wake up the modern TVC line and get these goodies in production!!!! I know i know,,,, wishful thinking.... Would be nice to see AT AT with that cannon on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoth_My_Fav View Post
    hey HAS, what are u waiting for!!! wake up the modern TVC line and get these goodies in production!!!! I know i know,,,, wishful thinking.... Would be nice to see AT AT with that cannon on the back.
    There was a really nice custom w/ a Death Star cannon mounted on the back on Evilbay a few years ago. I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to make.
    Last edited by Kenner76; 04-04-2014 at 06:10 PM.
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai_Tree_Ent View Post
    I've been reading up on the unproduced Kenner toys from their 1985-86 binder and there is an article referenced by Stephen Sansweet that I would love to read. Apparently the article was entitled "Galactic Bazaar: Tales of Phantom Toys: Unproduced Kenner Star Wars toys" and was in "Topps' Star Wars Galaxy Collector Magazine, Issue 2, Winter 1995."

I am really hoping someone on this forum might have an old copy? If they were able to scan the article and PM me with it I would be really massively grateful. Thank you in advance if you can help you are an absolute star!
    Here you go (I scanned my copy):

http://web.ncf.ca/cn333/swgmagtoys.PDF

Enjoy!

I had forgotten what a great magazine this was. Lots of interesting articles and bonus posters, cards etc. It's a shame it lasted only 8 issues.
    Last edited by Scott_Bradley; 04-05-2014 at 12:12 AM.
    Visit the Canadian Star Wars Gallery:
    http://web.ncf.ca/cn333/starwars.htm
    Star Wars with a Canadian focus
    WTB: a Canadian carded 4-LOM and Kenner Canada 3-Packs / Multipacks

Quote Originally Posted by ronsalvatore View Post

While that Imperial Outpost would have been great, I am less than impressed with Kenner's ideas for the Star Wars line's future. It's like they weren't even trying.
    Visit the Canadian Star Wars Gallery:
    http://web.ncf.ca/cn333/starwars.htm
    Star Wars with a Canadian focus
    WTB: a Canadian carded 4-LOM and Kenner Canada 3-Packs / Multipacks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast