PDA

View Full Version : G.I.Joe 25th Target Exclusive Vehicle Pics

Destro
01-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Just posted some new in package pics of 2008 vehicles
Awe Striker with Crank Case, Night Spector with Grand Slam and Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank with Cobra Trooper.

Ewok_Slayer
01-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Awe Striker with Crank Case, Night Spector with Grand Slam and Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank with Cobra Trooper.

oh yeah...where?

ThorOakenfelder
01-18-2008, 09:30 PM

oh yeah...where?

hisstank.com

Flashback
01-22-2008, 12:39 PM
These look great. I'm in for the AWE and the SHARC repaint, but I already have that same exact blue HISS from the 2000-2001 collection, or I'd get that too.

DacaZ
01-22-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm going to get a crapload of those HISS tanks!

I'll get one AWE Striker, I already have a couple of the last release.

Definitely get two SHARCs. Never had the original as a kid and always wanted one.

iambob13
01-22-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm definetely going to be picking these babies up.

I never had any vehicles whatsoever as a kid... Actually, I did have the COBRA hanglider, but it was all busted up. I don't even know where I got it. It just appeared one day. Too bad more stuff doesn't just appear.

Buddha
01-22-2008, 03:02 PM
When are these things supposed to start hitting?

Trev
01-23-2008, 01:18 PM
These are great vehicles, but there's so many older vehicles I'd really like to see rereleased. How about rereleasing the Tomahawk or Killer Whale? I know they're bigger and won't have a low price point, but it's been over 20 years since those have been on the shelves versus just a couple years for the AWE Striker and HISS.

iambob13
01-23-2008, 08:03 PM
The more recent these have been made the better for the company. It costs much less to take a newer mold and mass produce them for profit than it does for 20 year old molds. Could those old molds still be used after so long? I think they are trying to pump out these easier vehicles while tooling new molds for bigger and better vehicles.

That's my take on it.

Masume
01-24-2008, 11:55 AM
I'll probably grab them because I either don't have them in my old Joe collection, or purely for Nostalgic reasons. Their cool but I can't see army building them, I'm way more interested in (hopefully) all new vehicles. The old ones rocked back in the day but compared to current standards their pretty...meh.

Trev
01-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Sure, I get the basic economics of it - recently used molds require less if any tooling. Smaller vehicles = lower price point and less shelf required at stores making them attractive to retailers. I'd just like to see SOMETHING else released other than the usual assortment of vehicles.

And if they need to just start from scratch, I'm okay w/ that, too. The Humvee, Rhino and ROCC were all cool vehicles. I just want something other than the usual vehicles we seem to get with each branding of GI Joe.

SirTristram
01-24-2008, 12:09 PM
I just wish they had the old packaging. I really miss the excellent drawings of the vehichles.
That was one of the major reasons that I even bothered with the new 25th ann. line of figures to begin with....The card backs.

That is part of the anniversary and retro thing, afterall. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Tusken_Raiders
01-24-2008, 12:20 PM
What I would love is Cobra Terrodrome, WHALE and Tomahawk...thats it, however, I might pick up the AWE and Sharc, since I really want the figs..

Tusken_Raiders
01-24-2008, 12:24 PM
I just wish they had the old packaging. I really miss the excellent drawings of the vehichles.
That was one of the major reasons that I even bothered with the new 25th ann. line of figures to begin with....The card backs.

That is part of the anniversary and retro thing, afterall. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Very true...Not only that, I dont ahve the room for loose vehicles...so the cardbox are easier to stack than the window look...But I figure that the retailers rather have the novice buyer pick these up because the expose look...

SirTristram
01-24-2008, 12:57 PM
What I would love is Cobra Terrodrome, WHALE and Tomahawk...thats it, however, I might pick up the AWE and Sharc, since I really want the figs..

And a Sky Striker and a Rattler and the original Joe Headquarterrs and the Definant and the FLAGG!!!!

Tusken_Raiders
01-24-2008, 01:00 PM

And a Sky Striker and a Rattler and the original Joe Headquarterrs and the Definant and the FLAGG!!!!

How could I have forgotten the Rattler, that was my favorite vehicle...the other on your list are AWESOME as well, but NO WAY...I just dont have the space, nor cash for a FLAGG...But again, a very AWESOME list..

SirTristram
01-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Those were some of my favorites when they firs tcame out!

I will NEVER EVER forget the day I got the Flagg!!

Oh, I also loved some of the forgotten vehichles that I always thought were cool.
The MOBAT, the VAMP Jeep, the APC (I loved that!) and one of my all time favorites was the RAM Cycle! I just loved that! Especially because of its role in the comic Hot Potato with SE, Scarlett and rock n' Roll!!!

Chrakalackis
01-24-2008, 02:38 PM

Oh... my favorite Joe vehicle the Sky Striker. That would be awesome!!! Sad thing is I never owned it. My best friend down the street did though, I tried trading him out of that thing so many times..

DacaZ
01-26-2008, 09:51 AM
I think my favorite vehicle was the Rattler. I owned one as a kid, but it got beaten up and thrown away. I bought the most recent TRU reissue, but it just wasn't the same... terrible color scheme, awful day-glo missiles and no canopy top on the gunner position.

If Hasbro ever brought back a traditional blue Rattler (AND WE ALL KNOW YOU STILL HAVE THE MOLD!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif) I would seriously buy at least three or four of them.

SirTristram
01-26-2008, 10:52 AM
The Night Raven and the Conquest were cool too! God, I remember throwing them all out! Jeez....

ShmashWitdaclub
01-26-2008, 08:56 PM
I am proud to say I still own all of my old Joes from when I was a kid - but they are in sad - sad condition http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But good times were had as they battled in the desert (sandbox), ocean (hot tub), and air (thrown over balconies).

Anywho - I never owned a Rattler - so I would agree, that would be a cool one to put back out there.

WarCry
01-26-2008, 11:31 PM
I am proud to say I still own all of my old Joes from when I was a kid - but they are in sad - sad condition http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But good times were had as they battled in the desert (sandbox), ocean (hot tub), and air (thrown over balconies).

And this, my friend, is the whole bloody point of this line of toys. Playing hard and having fun, not looking for every figure with a paint mix up...

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Maybe it's just me...

red_skeleton7
01-28-2008, 09:48 PM

And this, my friend, is the whole bloody point of this line of toys. Playing hard and having fun, not looking for every figure with a paint mix up...

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Maybe it's just me...

I wish I still had all my Joes from when I was a kid. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Funny thing was, when i was a kid....it was easier to find Joes than it is nowadays.....weird....LOL http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ShmashWitdaclub
01-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Funny thing was, when i was a kid....it was easier to find Joes than it is nowadays.....weird....LOL http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

That is the odd part now isn't it?

For starters, I received all Joes/Star Wars I received as gifts usually from my childhood birthday parties or Christmas. I know darn well that my parents didn't have to go on "hunts" to find the figs that I wanted, and I don't recall going with them to the store to pick out many of the toys I wanted either, but yet, I had a huge array of Joes/Star Wars.

If I collected without going on hunts today, there would be no way I would have the HTF figs like TAC w5 or most of McQuaries etc etc.

And yet, I don't remember there being a single Joe/Star Wars fig I had to "hunt" for when I was a child.

Darth_Brett
01-29-2008, 06:51 PM
This is probably due to the simple fact that when we were kids only one wave came out each year (granted, SW had maybe 10-20 a year and GI Joe had a good 15-30 per wave). This gave us ample time to find new figures for a whole entire year. Also, figures from older waves or previous years weren't discontinued as quickly back then. For instance, a GI Joe who was released in 1983 was usually still distributed until 1985. All of this made figure way easier to find back then. Now if Hasbro decided to only release 20-30 figures all at once for GI Joe in a year, I'd be happy. With Star Wars it couldn't happen since there are OT, PT and EU characters/figures. Although, they could always just release a wave of 10-20 figures for each group in one year. Another big factor is that there were hardly any grown -up "collectors" like there are today and selling toys to make a profit wasn't as easy as it is today (I'm talking about ebay, of course.)

red_skeleton7
01-29-2008, 07:46 PM
This is probably due to the simple fact that when we were kids only one wave came out each year (granted, SW had maybe 10-20 a year and GI Joe had a good 15-30 per wave). This gave us ample time to find new figures for a whole entire year. Also, figures from older waves or previous years weren't discontinued as quickly back then. For instance, a GI Joe who was released in 1983 was usually still distributed until 1985. All of this made figure way easier to find back then. Now if Hasbro decided to only release 20-30 figures all at once for GI Joe in a year, I'd be happy. With Star Wars it couldn't happen since there are OT, PT and EU characters/figures. Although, they could always just release a wave of 10-20 figures for each group in one year. Another big factor is that there were hardly any grown -up "collectors" like there are today and selling toys to make a profit wasn't as easy as it is today (I'm talking about ebay, of course.)

Makes sense, Gosh these darn collectors spoil everything!!

LOL j/k http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hunting for figs gets a bit annoying sometimes. But when you find what you are looking for it feels good!!

Trev
01-30-2008, 12:11 PM
good points, darthbr3tt

another contributing factor is demand for shelf space. there are just more lines and more variations for retailers to try and find space for. Star Wars used to be (with the exception of the brief tenure of 12" figures) just regular figures and vehicles. Now, there's Star Wars Legends, Unleashed, Key Chains, Bobbleheads, etc.. GI Joe has figures, Sigma Six holdovers, competitive lines of same scale military figures, the comic packs. Most lines that seemed to exist at all during our childhood are now also being simultaneously offered. I started with Star Wars, then migrated to GI Joe as Star Wars tapered off, all while Transformers and Ninja Turtles had their time. Now, all four take up a huge chunk of a toy stores action figure section. Then we add in all the new items like POTC and anime lines. Toy stores just can't give a line all the shelf space they used to.

infallible
01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Not to mention that there are less brick and mortar places to get toys. Department stores used to be a reliable place to get them, but not so anymore. All we really have are TRU, Target, and Wal-Mart.

I know I didn't pay attention to things like waves when I was a kid. Did they really release 20 or so figures at once? If so, I have to assume the change has to do with cash flows. Better to have a more even distrubution of cash come in, rather than a big lump of it when the year's figures are released. But, production wise, I can't imagine them doing that many molds all at once.

Trev
01-30-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm not sure how many of a year's assortment was all released at once but it was sure a lot. I remember this cool brick and mortar - "World of Toys" - long since gone. It was right next door to my comic shop, so at least I didn't have to travel far to spend all of my money. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I remember with the 1987 series walking in to an end cap right by the door with Armored Cobra Commander, Jinx, Crystal Ball, Raptor, and a handful more new ones all showing up at the same time. So I can't say it was all of a year's figures at once, but wow, when they did ship a new assortment it was a bunch of new figures.

DacaZ
01-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Not to mention that there are less brick and mortar places to get toys. Department stores used to be a reliable place to get them, but not so anymore. All we really have are TRU, Target, and Wal-Mart.

Exactly! When I was a kid and we would go to the mall there were all sorts of places where I could find action figures, particularly KayBee and Sears... yes, I got TONS of Joes and Transformers at Sears. They had a great toy department back in the early 80s. Not to mention there were TRU's everywhere.

These days there are only two places I can go to buy figures: Wal Mart and Target. The malls here literally have no places to buy Hasbro products. Just some McFarlane figures at Spencers or Hot Topic.

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding availability of figures.

WarCry
01-30-2008, 10:44 PM
One of my key Joe shopping sites back in the day (early 90s) was a drug store that was in the mall. Yeah, we had a KayBee and I checked there too, but no one else apparently hit the drug store. That was back when I couldn't drive, so every couple of days I'd hop on the BMX and make the 1 1/2 mile ride out to the mall. 'Cause 3 miles (round trip) was worth the ride if I could get something good... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

iambob13
01-31-2008, 12:47 AM
One of my key Joe shopping sites back in the day (early 90s) was a drug store that was in the mall. Yeah, we had a KayBee and I checked there too, but no one else apparently hit the drug store. That was back when I couldn't drive, so every couple of days I'd hop on the BMX and make the 1 1/2 mile ride out to the mall. 'Cause 3 miles (round trip) was worth the ride if I could get something good... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey... I remember that my mall had a weird drug store in it too. It has long since closed, but had, what I guess to be, a decent toy area because i went there often.

stewbacca
01-31-2008, 09:37 AM

Especially the earlier batches of discount stores-- AMES-- used to be the king of G.I. Joe in my area, but then there was the Zayres, Caldor, (a clean) K Mart even Service Merchandise, Wal Mart came in and they closed up one by one.

Flashback
02-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Sad and true. You'd think the opposite would have happened...with kids AND collectors wanting toys these days, the availability ought have doubled.

I remember Zayre's. It was like toy heaven. We didnt have one in NY, but there was one when I went to visit the grandparents in Florida. I got most of the 1985 Transformers there. I remember an entire huge aisle of TF on one side and Joe figures and vehicles on the other. Good times. Im probably remembering more than I actually saw, though.

hesnojedi
02-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Next to TRU, Zayre was the place I remember seeing Skywarp for the first time. Somehow, though, I faintly recall seeing Joe's on the shelf. Mostly Star Wars and TF. Need to jog the memory a bit, but most of my memories are centered on playing with the toys and lots of box art. I don't think I kept the packaging very long, but my recall for the box art is as vivid as the times spent playing. That's equally true for TF and SW. Oh and MotU.

Darth_Huntarr
03-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Anyone notice that the HISS has some sort of TOW missile launcher instead of the two light cannons it originally came with? Nice change of pace, I say!

SSIntimidator
03-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Why do people say they posted pictures A - without a link to it and B - without posting the same ones here so we can all save a step?

theforceamongus
03-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Why do people say they posted pictures A - without a link to it and B - without posting the same ones here so we can all save a step?

Maybe cause Destro is an admin over at Hisstank and he wants us going over to his awesome site http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SSIntimidator
03-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Hmmm. I see what you're saying. Though I would have at least included a link http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ShmashWitdaclub
03-25-2008, 08:56 AM
When are these expected out?

RolandofGilead
03-25-2008, 10:01 AM
They should start arriving in April. Some folks who work at Target and post over on Hisstank.com claim that they're in the compueter system, but haven't yet been shipped from the central distribution center.

JediKnutt
03-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Off topic, but I can't believe none of the companies that do 1:18 scale planes haven't done an F14 Tomcat. I started looking around for one in the hopes of making a custom Skystriker. No one has done one yet. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Eleyre
03-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Anyone notice that the HISS has some sort of TOW missile launcher instead of the two light cannons it originally came with? Nice change of pace, I say!

The HISS Tank that's coming as part of the Target exclusive isn't the same one that was shown at Toyfair. That one was black with some sort of missile launchers. The one that's shipping is dark blue with two cannons mounted on top.

iambob13
03-28-2008, 11:54 AM
I checked the DCPI code at my local targets, but none of them had any in stock yet.

clone1762
03-31-2008, 11:01 PM
anyone know the DPCI code for the new vehicles?

BrettX209
04-01-2008, 12:36 AM
087-06-0918 is the code for the new vehicles.

KIDD
04-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Picked up 2 of the 3 vehicles from Target here in Chicago today someone beat me to the HISS http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ShmashWitdaclub
04-01-2008, 07:50 AM
My local Target has 5 of each I believe, but they won't put them out until 4/13.

amdevil
04-01-2008, 10:48 AM
I hope it is ok to ask this here (i know this isnt on topic) but how was the FLAGG sold? it wasnt "off the shelf" was it? wasnt it mail order or something or you had to win it or something?

DarthTNT
04-01-2008, 10:53 AM
The USS Flagg was bought off the self. I was with my mom in 1987 when she bought it for my brother. It was a very Merry Christmas that year!!!

Darth_Brett
04-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, and if I remember correctly it was usually perched up high at the top of the shelves.

notanerd
04-02-2008, 01:46 AM
Back when Mervyns sold toys, that Flagg was piled about 4' high on the ground!

BrettX209
04-02-2008, 01:56 AM
Back when Mervyns sold toys, that Flagg was piled about 4' high on the ground!

i miss the good old days of the Mervyn's toy section. I remember purchasing a Hydro-Sled and a B.A.T.S. there, and probably others that I don't recall.

notanerd
04-02-2008, 02:40 AM
I remember when Mervyns was getting out of toys and they had a wall about 12'x7' of just LJN WWF wrestlers.
They also had the only Starscream I ever saw at retail.

They also had every single G.I. Joe jet, helicopter and vehicle there, too.

Those were the good old days.

lordvader97
04-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Got these this evening using the numbers, they had four cases of them and did not know when they where going to be set out so they let me have a set of them.

SERIOUS_ADDICT
04-03-2008, 02:43 AM
Here are some pics for ya!!! Picked up a sealed case at the Brentwood Target in St. Louis, MO using the DPCI code.

They rock!

Grab 'em quick.

_ADDICT

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/SEALED_CASE.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/SEALED_CASE.JPG) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/POPPED_BOX.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/POPPED_BOX.JPG) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/FRONT_VIEW.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/FRONT_VIEW.JPG) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/BACK_VIEW.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/BACK_VIEW.JPG) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/SIDE_VIEW1.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/SIDE_VIEW1.JPG) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/SIDE_VIEW2.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/SIDE_VIEW2.JPG)

ShmashWitdaclub
04-03-2008, 07:56 AM
very nice pics! can't wait to get my hands on these!

Darth_Huntarr
04-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I have the case that they came in. It says, on the side, 'Carton No. 1968(handwritten) of 5834'. Does that mean what I think it does? There is only 5,834 of each vehicle being made? Yikes! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Darth_Brett
04-04-2008, 05:03 PM
There are supposedly three different sets of numbers written on the cases. One is the number you mentioned and I think the others are a little lower (around 4,000 each I think). So, it seems as though about 11,000 of these or so were probably made.

iambob13
04-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Oh well. I got the ones I wanted the other day. I haven't decided if I want more than just the one of each yet. An opened HISS might be kind of fun, though.

WarCry
04-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Does anyone know if the DPCI can be used at Target.com? If not (and I don't mean to turn this into a WTB thread), is there anyone out there willing to pick me up a set of these three for cost +shipping to me?

I live is that last spot on earth (or at least the US) w/o a Target less than 100 miles away.... :/

(EDIT: quick afterthought...if anyone can help me out with this, PM me first...I want to make sure I make arrangements BEFORE any purchases are made....that's just the way I prefer to business)

BrettX209
04-05-2008, 07:28 PM
The only way you can look things up via the DPCI on-line is if it's something that is already listed on the website. There is a function to check availability in local stores by zip code. My g/f checked with one of her hacker friends to see if he could figure out how to input a different DPCI into it, but he tried, and tried some of his hacker buddies, and they couldn't come up with anything on it. Too bad, cause wow, that'd be a time saver and then some.

Does anyone know if the DPCI can be used at Target.com? If not (and I don't mean to turn this into a WTB thread), is there anyone out there willing to pick me up a set of these three for cost +shipping to me?

Buddha
04-07-2008, 03:53 PM
I picked my 3 vehicles this past weekend in Ohio. I did have to use the DPCI.

coeli
04-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I wanted to get a couple of the Shark vehicles for custom use, but the local stores have already sold out! Never made it to the sales floor http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Funny, they sold them out of the backroom, but yet when I ask for them, I get the "your a collector, the lowest piece of scum on the earth! Our precious items CANNOT be purchased by you!"

Masume
04-08-2008, 09:35 PM
I wanted to get a couple of the Shark vehicles for custom use, but the local stores have already sold out! Never made it to the sales floor http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Funny, they sold them out of the backroom, but yet when I ask for them, I get the "your a collector, the lowest piece of scum on the earth! Our precious items CANNOT be purchased by you!"

Nice guys huh? No luck with the Joe vehicles either, I couldn't recall if these were showing up at TRU or not as well, but I think I recall they were Target exclusives without backtracking. Hopefully I can dig some up sooner or later.

stewbacca
04-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Looking to unload the Awe Striker and Night Spector. LOOSE.

6.00 Each plus shipping. Includes instruction sheet and unapplied label sheets. Both for 11.00.

Delta388
04-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I just found two of the three vehicles out early by the checkout aisles at my local target. I dind't have to use the DCPI or anything.

*___*
04-09-2008, 12:12 PM
These are being posted throughout the day today, but you can get a sneak preview right now!

A.W.E. Striker & Crankcase
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/GIJoe/25thAWEStriker/AWEstriker.jpg (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_GIJoe25th_VEH-AWE.asp)
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/GIJoe/25thAWEStriker/Crankcase.jpg (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_GIJoe25th_VEH-Crankcase.asp)

Cobra H.I.S.S. with Cobra Driver
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/GIJoe/25thCobraHISS/HISS.jpg (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_GIJoe25th_VEH-HISS.asp)
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/GIJoe/25thCobraHISS/CobraDriver.jpg (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_GIJoe25th_VEH-CobraDriver.asp)

Night Specter with Grand Slam
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/GIJoe/25thNightSpecter/NightSpecter.jpg (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_GIJoe25th_VEH-NightSpecter.asp)
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/GIJoe/25thNightSpecter/GrandSlam.jpg (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_GIJoe25th_VEH-GrandSlam.asp)

These are great additions to the line, and for only $9.99 each, they rock!

I noticed that there are no weapons with the figures, except that Crankcase comes with a knife....yet Cobra Driver doesn't? That's weird... But I guess "drivers" don't need to have weapons...

Ya gotta love Crankcase's "recipe" http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/GIJoe/25thAWEStriker/GIJoe25th-1765-tn.jpg

Masume
04-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Got lucky and nabbed all three, worth it for the cash!

sntee25
04-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Grabbed 2 tanks and 1 awe striker today up front by the registers where they are suppose to be. And with that handy dandy $5 off coupon got them for 8.93 each including tax... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DarkRaven
04-09-2008, 10:32 PM
I just got the Cobra H.I.S.S. with Cobra Driver. I can't believe these are only $9.99! What a deal! I saw the other two as well. Very cool!

DarthTim
04-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Just picked up all three and used the $5 off coupon. What a steal!!! Might just have to pick up a couple more HISS tanks at this price!

terman123
04-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Saw them on a register endcap yesterday but no Hiss tanks left.

Chrakalackis
04-10-2008, 12:56 PM
I just got the Cobra H.I.S.S. with Cobra Driver. I can't believe these are only $9.99! What a deal! I saw the other two as well. Very cool!

Especially since the regular figs themselves are creeping up to that price. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

red_skeleton7
04-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Got the HISS Tank the other day.....was the last one left, lucky me!

Haven't had one since I was 10 years old, I'm now 34.

Funny how you remember things being bigger....when I saw the HISS I was like "WOW that's alot smaller than I remember! LOL

Just glad i got it!

Tontus314
04-11-2008, 09:38 AM
The vehicles are pretty cool, but also somewhat of a let down. I was really dissapointed that they didn't come with the stands like every other Joe so far has come with. I can overlook the lack of weapons, since I've replaced most of Hasbros offerings anyway.

I was happy to see that the labels weren't all preapplied. That was one of my favorite things back in the day. I wish they wouldn't have put any on themselves, but with the windowed box I can understand why half are already applied.

Now I need to figure out what to use as front guns on the HISS. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hrvat
04-11-2008, 03:28 PM
I hate it that these are up by the cash registers on an endcap. I mean, an adult standing there looking at them makes everyone in the immediate area focus their attention on you. And then you pick them up, have an arm full of toys, and the speculation just starts from there. Toss in a few Order 66 packs, and you really have some explaining to do. My luck was I ended up in the line of a super megga-hottie blonde cashier. We kept talking to a minimum.

Keep them in the back with the rest of the stuff. At least you can hide a little in there. But you still have to do the walk of shame.

I never had the AWE Striker. So I am very happy I picked this one up.

solid_strider
04-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Oh man, I used the DPCI to get them, and my wife wasn't done shopping yet. So I walked around the whole Super Target carrying that plus other stuff we picked up in my arms until we cashed out. I would've grabbed a cart if I knew we'd be there for another half an hour.

Tontus314
04-11-2008, 03:52 PM
But you still have to do the walk of shame.

That's funny. I feel that way whenever a new wave of SW or Joes comes out and I'm carrying 6 to 8 figures in my hands since I hardly ever bring a cart with me. It's times like that when I really question my decision to have 1000s of toys, since I know I'll be doing the exact same thing again in a month. I really miss the days when you could pick up a couple of figures at a time and still know you could go back in a few weeks and pick up more. Now it seems like if you blink, you miss them forever and have to hit the secondary market.

DarkRaven
04-13-2008, 06:09 AM
I agree if you see it and don't buy it ... it's gone! However, what is this crap about shame and people looking at you funny? Buy your toys with pride! Never be ashamed! Never! Most kids today don't even buy or play with toys. (It's sad really. Only little ones still do.) So parents and adults are the ones buying the toys. Regardless, it's what you're into (Hey, at least it's not drugs and murder!) and you're spending your hard earned money on it. You deserve respect and you should buy with pride!

When people see you coming with those toys they should say "Right on man!" in a non-sarcastic way. You're spending money and the world's still going round. Nothing wrong with it. You should see some of the crap people are into and collect. The money they spend! I'll take a whole year's worth of Star Wars action figures (or G.I.Joe) over one crummy painting from an art house.

Next time any of you go shopping ... think pride! Stop all of this sulking soldiers!

(Lastly, the truth is ... no one cares. You just think they do.)

Whoa! On topic ... these vehicles rock! I want another H.I.S.S. and both of the other two pronto! Gotta print out another $5 coupon first though.

DarthTim
04-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Picked up another H.I.S.S. tank last night. I agree that the walk is a little awkward, but I'm usually so excited that I found something that I couldn't care less what people are thinking. The Target that I went to had the display in the middle of the registers and not in front, so it was a little weird walking through lines to get to the toys. But, my reward was my second H.I.S.S.! Cobra!!!!!

red_skeleton7
04-13-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't mind the walk of shame. I could really care less what people think of me.

I just make sure to steer away from the hottie cashier...LOL

If I have no choice I would just say they are birthday presents for the kids...LOL

Red5Mustang
04-13-2008, 03:10 PM
If I have no choice I would just say they are birthday presents for poor sick children...

FIXT for better hottie reply.

jedimasterc
04-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Last Monday the Target put up thier endcap and there was a lone Night Spector there and I grabbed it.I missed the HISS and the AWE Stiker.I was more interested in the night spector though.

Hrvat
04-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Is anyone else's Target wiped out of these? I see a few TFs and Order 66 items, but absolutely no Joes, or the vehicles. I just keep seeing tumbleweeds. The only time I saw them, the guy just put them out (2x each) and I got a set. No other sightings in the wild.

spires75
04-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Zip on my end. Last I looked, they had an older wave of figures, one each, and of course no Beachhead for me. It is either getting picked over quickly or we're not getting much. I haven't seen anything in way of vehicles. Figures on the other hand, Walmart is busting at the seems with Roadblocks, Duke, Scarlett, and Destro. Snowjob and Torpedo are no where to be seen. Still on the hunt, maybe this week.

Darth_Brett
04-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Looked all over the Target by me today (I've been looking for these for the last 2 weeks now) and found zilch.

TylerEC
04-13-2008, 07:46 PM
I got all three yesterday with the number. I also used the 5 off 25 coupon with no problem. Great deal considering they cost me less than 4 single figures would.

Hrvat
04-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Maybe it will change with the "street date". There are not even single Joes on my pegs. Too bad. This was very fun when it first started. Not it just has run out of steam. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Outkast34
04-13-2008, 10:17 PM
I hit 8 targets today. I found them at 2, 1 had a spot with none left, and the other 5 didn't have their endcaps set up. I checked the toy section of all of them too. And the scanners of the ones that didn't have it that i could. They said stockroom yes. So be sure to check back. I ended up with what I wanted luckily. I got 3 HISS tanks, 1 AWE Striker, and 1 Night Specotr.

brand4D2
04-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Is anyone else's Target wiped out of these? I see a few TFs and Order 66 items, but absolutely no Joes, or the vehicles. I just keep seeing tumbleweeds. The only time I saw them, the guy just put them out (2x each) and I got a set. No other sightings in the wild.

Yes, my local Target is wiped out of them. I bought the HISS and Night Specter Saturday morning. When I returned to the same store yesterday in the afternoon, all the vehicles had been sold already and about a half of the Order 66 sets were gone. A quick punch of the vehicles DCPI showed "none in stock".

I actually like the NS better without the shark stickers so I removed the ones that were applied already.

spires75
04-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Finally found the vehicles, picked up the AWE Striker and HISS. There were plenty of Sharks and Strikers but only 1 HISS left after mine. Plenty of Order 66 figs as well. They were right on the endcap after the first set of registers. I probably would have missed them if someone hadn't previously said that is where they found them. Nothing back by the toy section, figures still picked over. Surprised they haven't restocked yet on those.

red_skeleton7
04-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Seems the HISS is short packed. When I went to find them I got the lone last one, but they had alot of the others. Either it's the most popular or short packed?

Eleyre
04-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Seems the HISS is short packed. When I went to find them I got the lone last one, but they had alot of the others. Either it's the most popular or short packed?

Each case contains one of each vehicle, so the reason you're not seeing many HISS tanks and many of the others is because the HISS tank is that much more popular than the other vehicles.

ThorOakenfelder
04-18-2008, 03:56 PM
had no problems finding these today. Picked up both Joe vehicles, left several more, and several HISS tanks.

Hrvat
04-18-2008, 04:52 PM
I finally saw these at a different Target today. They just put them out. 2 per vehicle.

Snow Job, Flash, and Torpedo have been pegwarming at this Target though. I guess people stopped going in there because they do not carry anything anymore.

Daigo_Bah
04-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Funny how you remember things being bigger....when I saw the HISS I was like "WOW that's alot smaller than I remember!

That was exactly my reaction! I wasn't pleased with the choice of blue for the HISS, so I took it apart and spraypainted it gloss black. I have a comic pack Destro in there for comparison:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//1451/hiss1.jpg

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//1451/hiss2.jpg

ShmashWitdaclub
04-20-2008, 07:11 AM
That looks nice. I bought 2 hiss' and 2 strikers - I am gonna have to do the same with one of each of them.

ThorOakenfelder
04-20-2008, 12:21 PM
I just realized that these guys don't even have stands, what is the deal with that? I mean, ok, they showed us preview images where Grand Slam had the laser rifle and backpack of Flash, but to not even give us named stands? that's lame.

Outkast34
04-20-2008, 10:15 PM
I was disappointed that the figures have no stand or gun. Plus the decals kind of sucked on the AWE Striker.

Tontus314
04-20-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm having fun with mine.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/HISS11.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/HISS11.JPG) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/HISS21.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/HISS21.JPG)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/AWE1.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/AWE1.JPG) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/AWE2.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/AWE2.JPG) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/AWE3.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/AWE3.JPG)

I'm not quite done with the HISS or CC yet.

WarCry
04-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Damn fine work there.....

The only suggestion I would make is to either paint parts of the rollbar black or find something to wrap around it at points. Most everyone I know (including me) likes to have some padding on bare metal that my head might hit....

Still, damn fine work....

Hrvat
04-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Well, they finally moved them off the endcap and dumped them in the back with the rest of the figures they forgot to stock at the last Target near me who got them.

Zeeks
05-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Here's a pic of my HISS tank with a few extra peeps hanging around
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj233/myspaceguy/Toys/cobras5408.jpg

05-11-2008, 04:24 PM
That was back when I couldn't drive, so every couple of days I'd hop on the BMX and make the 1 1/2 mile ride out to the mall. 'Cause 3 miles (round trip) was worth the ride if I could get something good... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh yeah! I remember those days. I used to shop at K&B Drugs and Roses -- both were about 2 miles away from my house. I had my old dirt bike (and later my 10 speed) that I used to take on weekly trips after school. I used to take short cuts through fields and empty lots. I actually made my own trails after a while. Those Summer days were brutal though, but it was worth it when I got to the store and saw new G.I. Joe stuff on the pegs! Funny how we have the same stories -- kids today don't have the same childhood.

WarCry
05-11-2008, 06:04 PM
-- kids today don't have the same childhood.

There's no point in kids going on the hunt with adults nabbing cases of stuff before they can even hit the pegs....

Twin_Sunset
05-11-2008, 07:10 PM
<font color="brown"> i think about this every time i set foot in a store. i usually try not to buy more than one of any given toy for that reason exactly... and i secretly have something against army builders, too. personally i feel like it's not only gypping other collectors, but children also... sigh...

</font>

Tontus314
05-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Army builders are good for the hobby. We increase overall sales which helps to continue the growth of the line. Besides, there is plenty to go around, and if not blame Hasbro for their case assortments. Don't blame consumers for buying what they want to buy.

DarthTim
05-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Also, don't forget that there are other outlets to buy your Joes. (i.e. HTS and other e-tailers) I know that nothing beats the feeling of finding the figures on the pegs, but with distribution being as bad as it is and gas prices the alternatives to the brick-&-mortar stores continue to look better.

Most collectors don't buy everything off of the pegs anyways, even the army builders! You have the scalper scumbags to thank for that!

DarkRaven
05-14-2008, 08:53 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/MARILLISCOOL/CobraHISS.jpg

How did any of you fit the Cobra Driver in there? He just won't fit into mine. So I used an older Cobra Viper. He fits and looks great in there. Even color matches. Oh, I gave his AK-47 to the Cobra Driver and threw in Gung-ho's knife too!

Is that pic too big?

Tontus314
05-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Bend the figure's knees and hips and put him in the seat.

DarkRaven
05-14-2008, 09:37 PM
^ Tried that and he still won't fit. I haven't got the other two vehicles. Do the new figures fit well into them or not? I think the new 25th figs are too tall to fit into the old vehicles. Sad. Gotta find those other two vehicles fast. I should have bought them all the day I got my HISS cause they had multiples of all of them. Curses!

boff123
05-14-2008, 09:40 PM
^ Tried that and he still won't fit. I haven't got the other two vehicles. Do the new figures fit well into them or not? I think the new 25th figs are too tall to fit into the old vehicles. Sad. Gotta find those other two vehicles fast. I should have bought them all the day I got my HISS cause they had multiples of all of them. Curses!

i bought the awe & hiss, went back for the shark but it was gone along w/ 10 awe. the hiss is a great value.

also nothing beats putting the stickers on yourself.

DarkRaven
05-14-2008, 09:51 PM
i bought the awe & hiss, went back for the shark but it was gone along w/ 10 awe. the hiss is a great value.

also nothing beats putting the stickers on yourself.

It brought back a lot of memories. The HISS had more stickers than I thought it did though. Some were hard to get in there. I prefer the black one. But when I bought Tomax and Xamot this morning this exact blue HISS appeared in the comic that they came with. So that was cool!

I watched a bunch of episodes of the original Joe series and the A.W.E. Striker was used a lot. It's got me dying to get one! Scarlett was always driving one. I bought her today so now I need the A.W.E. Striker to go with her.

Sentinel18725
05-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Only saw these once at retail. Hopefully, I'll see them again.

Tontus314
05-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Only saw these once at retail. Hopefully, I'll see them again.

I think that ship may have sailed.

Anyway, I've had no problems getting figures in and out of the vehicles. I'm not sure what may be causing problems. I'll try to post pics later if you think it'll help.