65356931529 GIJ SNAKE EYES AND HARD MASTER
65356931530 GIJ BEACHHEAD AND MAINFRAME
65356931531 GIJ SCRAP IRON AND WILD BILL
All of these figures are confirmed + more

For a complete breakdown go here:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3650

TheStoerm
01-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Wow, I just spotted this over at HIsstank, and I'm really hoping this list is accurate. I never even knew Hasbro was thinking of making Hard Master, that's great. I'm also a big Mainframe fan, since I work with networks, etc.

Any guesses as to what they're referring to when they say Serpent? Could this maybe the Serpentor we all wanted in the first place?

ThorOakenfelder
01-14-2008, 09:31 PM
maybe snow serpent?

EmperorPalpitate
01-14-2008, 09:39 PM
65356932499 GIJ SINGLE SERPRENT

Is that a Snow Serpent? That would be so awesome if it is! Always loved the original Snow Serpent and a 25th version would rock. Also happy to see Bazooka and Barbecue on there. Both were a couple of my favorite figures as a kid. Now where's Alpine and Quick Kick to go along w/ ol' Bazook?

DarthHavok1
01-14-2008, 09:45 PM
YES, a new Barbecue! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can't wait to see what he looks like. Hope his helmet is removable this time. Scrap Iron, Mainframe, and Quick Kick sounds good too. The Hard Master is totally unexpected. Maybe that gives me hope that Hasbro will finally do a figure of Billy the Cobra Commander's son.

tarcanes92
01-14-2008, 09:48 PM
A Hard Master figure? Wow! If they keep this up, all those characters from the comic books that I wanted figures of will eventually exist. I remember reading the letter columns in the comics and every few issues there would be a letter asking if this character or that character would be made as a figure. And the answer was some varition of "no, not currently, but maybe in the future." I guess we juast had to wait 20 to 25 years for the answer to become yes (and for the kids who read the comic in the 80s to become the toy company employees of the 2000s).

ShmashWitdaclub
01-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Lots of good and only some bad here.

First off Hawk - I wonder if we could see a single card release from the comic pack - I would say pretty doubtful though. Probably gonna be the '86 Commander Hawk

I am gonna go with the rest of you Serpent = Snow Serpent - which will rock if true

Storm Shadow - is this the single card release of storm shadow from the original Cobra 5 pack? Don't care either way I guess - I just really hope Hasbro isnt gonna put out a SS/SE every time they turn their heads (which it looks like they are gonna do anyway).

Rest of the single card figs = awesome!

Comic packs:
Only disapointments here are another SE and another Beachhead - I hate repaints. I don't know anything really about Hard Master so I guess this pack is a wait and see.

Beachhead/Mainframe might be a pass for me just as I did on the other repaint packs.

Scrap Iron + Wild Bill = HAWT!

TheStoerm
01-15-2008, 07:59 AM
maybe snow serpent?

I hope you guys are right about that. With the great work they did on Snow Job, I really hope to see some more arctic troop characters come out. Hopefully they get the same great treatment.

JediKnutt
01-15-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm going to guess it's a more accurate Serpentor. I saw that one listed on another site. Actually it said, Serpentor -new helmet.

SSIntimidator
01-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Wal Mart exclusives? When do they hit the stores?

DMESS
01-15-2008, 09:58 AM
I am gonna go with the rest of you Serpent = Snow Serpent - which will rock if true

Storm Shadow - is this the single card release of storm shadow from the original Cobra 5 pack? Don't care either way I guess - I just really hope Hasbro isnt gonna put out a SS/SE every time they turn their heads (which it looks like they are gonna do anyway).

Snow Serpent is unlkely as Hasbro said in a Q&A it isn't on tap yet.

The 5 pack SS was already released on a single card. This is probably a new version. Maybe the one from the comic pack on a single card?

Tontus314
01-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Cool! I was just thinking to myself that Hasbro really hasn't given us enough Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows.

TheStoerm
01-15-2008, 11:17 AM

Snow Serpent is unlkely as Hasbro said in a Q&A it isn't on tap yet.

The 5 pack SS was already released on a single card. This is probably a new version. Maybe the one from the comic pack on a single card?

Ah, I didn't know that about the Q&A. I was guessing that the SS is probably a Ninja Force repaint... but I could be wrong. Seems like this was a popular paint job.

http://www.toybender.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/nfss1.jpg

RolandofGilead
01-15-2008, 12:26 PM
The only issue I have is that Wal-mart is notorious for screwing up exclusives. I'm a big time Star Wars hunter and there are several WM exclusives that I just never saw in the stores. Scalpers have Wal-mart under their thumb.

Trev
01-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah, Walmarts in my area are terrible for exclusives. I think the only exclusive I've ever seen locally for Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel Legends or anything was the holiday yoda a few years back.

Trev
01-15-2008, 12:44 PM
TheStoerm - nice SS custom - did you do that?

ShmashWitdaclub
01-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Where are these being reported as exclusives? I just figured that they were from one of the up and coming waves...

ThorOakenfelder
01-15-2008, 02:43 PM
I think that people see that it says they're listed in the Wal=Mart computer and jumping to the conclusion that it's only available at Wal-mart. Which is not what is specifically being said.

ShmashWitdaclub
01-15-2008, 02:48 PM
I think that people see that it says they're listed in the Wal=Mart computer and jumping to the conclusion that it's only available at Wal-mart. Which is not what is specifically being said.

Yeah, thats what I was guessing too. The reason they are showing up like this in Walmart's computers is because Walmart rings everything out using the specific UPC's for each item.

Whereas Target does not - they throw all the GI Joe into one category assigning them all the same price with no indication as to which figures you bought - which is very nice for making returns http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheStoerm
01-15-2008, 06:27 PM
TheStoerm - nice SS custom - did you do that?

I wish I could say I did... but unfortunately, it's not my custom... I love the work this guy did though. Check out his work at http://primetoystore.com/Toys%20for%20sale/customs.htm

He did a great Kamakura, too!

infallible
01-16-2008, 01:38 AM
No love for the BAT??? Getting a funky new 25th version of that lights my fire! It was one of my favorite figures as a kid.

Also, I doubt Hawk will be a repack. It's probably the one in the bomber-style jacket, which was another of my favorites.

As for "Serprent," I also thought "Serpentor." They had mentioned that he'd be re-done, so hopefully this will be more accurate to the show.

All in all, the singles for this list are sounding great. (Except SS, but whatever, I'm cool with it.)

I'll be getting Beachhead/Mainframe for Mainframe. Even as a kid, I was attracted to the geeky characters. I'm not sweating the repaints as much since seeing the new Firefly.

Scrap Iron/Wild Bill will have to wait and see about.

I readily admit that I don't know who Hard Master is, but I do admit that I giggle when I read it.

Buddha
01-16-2008, 07:05 PM
No love for the BAT??? Getting a funky new 25th version of that lights my fire! It was one of my favorite figures as a kid.

BAT is the one that I am the most excited about. Hands down this was my favorite figure when I was a kid. I can't wait!!!

iambob13
01-16-2008, 07:11 PM

BAT is the one that I am the most excited about. Hands down this was my favorite figure when I was a kid. I can't wait!!!

I whole-heartedly agree. I have a very clear memory of going to Target where my parents bought me the '91 BAT. And further, I remember going to a friend's house who liked the '91 BAT so much that he traded me the '91 for the '86. He probably thought that he got the better deal at the time, but the joke's on him. The '86 BAT is my favorite COBRA figure.

Trev
01-16-2008, 09:46 PM
If I had to have a gripe about the BAT it would be the lenticular sticker coming off. Otherwise, a new version for the anniversary line? Bring it on and just pack it at least 2 per case so we can army build!

Buddha
01-18-2008, 06:15 PM
If I had to have a gripe about the BAT it would be the lenticular sticker coming off. Otherwise, a new version for the anniversary line? Bring it on and just pack it at least 2 per case so we can army build!

Amen. I don't know if I will be able to stop myself from buying 6 of these.

01-20-2008, 03:51 PM
If we are going to get a Snow Serpent to go along with Snow Job, then I hope we will get a new Iceberg too, and perhaps Blizzard too.

Flashback
01-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Very excited for a new BAT and Snow Serpent (if true). Serpentor, they can keep. I hope they announce a new Dr Mindbender and Sci-Fi also.