PDA

View Full Version : STARS booth at Emerald City Comic-Con?

MaxWedge
01-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Hi all,

I've talked to a few of you already about this idea, but I thought I'd throw it out to the whole group. I'm sitting on a bunch of older Hasbro SW stuff I'd like to get rid of, and I imagine you are too. So, I'm trying to gauge interest on going in together on a booth at Emerald City Comic Con to sell the stuff.

I just saw today that ECCC has moved and is later in the year (May 10-11 in the WA State Convention Center in downtown Seattle) if that helps with planning.

Respond in this thread if you're interested. Perhaps we could work in shifts to cover both days. I imagine we'd have to have a system to know whose item sold and for what price, and perhaps a list of the lowest you would accept for it (in case you weren't around the booth) or a way to quickly get answers.

Jim

JoshEEE
01-03-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm tentatively interested in liquidating a bunch of extra crap I have. It would depend on a lot of things:

1. Exactly how much does a booth cost (and how much room is there at a booth. Would we have signs or something? The costs have to be weighed and divided to see if selling 100 or so figures at less than 5 bucks each is even worth it.

2. Logistically, how would we handle space issues (and figuring out whose stuff is whose, considering we've probably got a bunch of overlaps).

3. Staffing the booth (Does everyone hang out to sell their own crap, or do we take shifts and sell everyone's?)

4. Would we have consistent pricing, or would everyone bring their own stuff at their own prices? That's important because if we had different prices....we'd have space issues displaying all the figures (and possibly be competing with one another for sales)

MaxWedge
01-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Good questions, Josh.

1. ECCC Exhibitor App (http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/images/pdfs/ExhibitorApplication2008.pdf) - according to the application, a 10' x 10' booth with 2 tables and 2 badges is $425. So, it will be $50-100 each if split 4-8 ways.

2. The best way to handle space would probably be to crate/tub your stuff for sale, and use color coded sticky notes to mark price and show ownership. As thing sell, we can pull more from the tubs, or we can sell from an inventory sheet if someone wants something in particular and pull directly from tubs.

3. I would be up for working most of the con, but would like a little help each day. If stuff is well marked and priced, it shouldn't be too hard to sell others stuff. Grabbing the colored sticky note off the item when it sells, marking down the price it sells for, and pasting them on a sheet should work (it works at garage sales http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif).

4. The key here would be to having an inventory of all items for sale BEFORE the event, then I could pump it into a spreadsheet and we could look for duplicates and set consistent prices.

Another question, do we just work on a cash basis? I'm not sure we could take credit cards and I would rather not deal with checks.

I'm a little worried about setup, with only 2 exhibitor badges given (we can get extras for $20 each, good for both days of the show and early entry http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif). Not sure if it's a managable setup for 2 people. Also we should have cheap shelving or wire board and pegs to display merch beyond the two tables we are given.