PDA

View Full Version : FORCE-CAST FANTASY FOOTBALL PLAYOFF MATCHUPS

MickC
12-12-2007, 11:38 AM
The first ever season of the FCFFL is in the books, and now the second season begins....the playoffs!!

Four teams have advanced to the postseason. They are:

NES Tecmo Superbowlers(Division Winner)
Aluminum Falcons(Division Winner)
Obi-Wan's Wampas(Division Winner)
Ryan's Raging Rancors(Wildcard)

There are 2 matchups this week in the semi-final round. The winners will advance to the 1st ever FCFFL Super Bowl.

ESPN'S own Chris Berman,"The Swamii", has joined us to breakdown the 2 key games:

Ryan's Raging Rancors @ NEW Superbowlers:
The Rancors head down to the Koopa Troopa Bowl to take on the Superbowlers in what should be an exciting playoff matchup. The Rancor's have been feasting on Twi'leks all week to beef up for their playoff battle. Team owner Ryan Withey has posted a full sized image of Mario & Luigi at the team's practice facility as visual stimulation for his band of vicious Rancors. As further motivation, Ryan has shot flaming hot fireballs at the team to really irritate them, and prepare them for the very hostile Nintendo Powered environment they are playing in this week.

The Bowlers have had much more subdued, and focused practice sessions this week, as team owner John Fagan tries to keep the team from looking ahead to the championship too soon. The Bowlers owned the best record in the FCFFL, and they are the obvious favorite, but the Mushrooms and Champagne have not been put on ice just yet. This one will come right down to the wire, so get ready for a good one.
Current Line: SuperBowlers +5

Aluminum Falcons @ Obi-Wan's Wampas
The Falcon's head down to the frozen tundra of the Hoth Bowl to take on the Wampa's in the other semi-final game. Team owner Luis Velez spared no expense to make sure his team would be ready to brave the elements. He had special thermal insulated origami parka's designed to keep his team warm on the sideline this week. As an added touch there is also foil lined helemt warmers which will be used to keep all the players headgear toasty in between series. Does Luis know something about foil the rest of us don't? We'll certainly find out.

The Wampa's are feeling good right now as they have feasted on filet of Taun Taun, in celebration of their playoff berth. Some fans feel they might lack some focus this week, but an impromptu mauling of some Wampa fan's at yesterday's practice seemed to squash any rumors of whether the team was still "hungry" for a championship. It will be a battle of "Hoth-like" proportions as Imperial Walkers have been called in to beef up security outside the stadium. We'll see if the Wampa's will come to play, or if the Falcon's will "foil" their plans.
Current Line: Falcon's -2

On that pathetic one liner, we would like to wish all four playoff teams good luck, and we'll see you next week for the FCFFL Super Bowl.

DarthFagan
12-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Mick you really made this Fantasy Football thing so exciting! I have played Fantasy sports before, but I always lost interest. You stories make it interesting each week! Thanks so much for all the time and effort you put into this! An for anyone out there like Jason (hint, hint!) that doesn't know anything about football... you should play! After I selected my team off a Chunky Soup commercial (McNabb) I have done pretty well. I still have no idea who any of my players are!

We should definitely get a Fantasy Baseball league going in the spring and have a March Madness tournament as well!

BradAdams
12-12-2007, 02:59 PM
I agree with Chris. Thanks for writing this up every week Mike. I can't want to see the pictures of trophy Jedi Shua has been working on.

JediShua
12-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Well, I put up a few pictures in an earlier thread, and I'm expecting the final piece for Pete's team today, so I will get the final result up this week. Thanks to everyone who sent me stuff, I had a blast making it!

Here is the picture from the previous thread.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/Football_Trophy_part_deux.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/Football_Trophy_part_deux.jpg)

MickC
12-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Shua,

That trophy is FANTASTIC!! It is absolutely unbelievable!! I really need to buckle down, and prepare for next season's draft so I can have a shot at winning that thing. Great job!!

Mick

JediShua
12-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks!
Stay tuned! I expect the final piece tomorrow!

TallestJawa
12-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Mick you really made this Fantasy Football thing so exciting!

Agreed! We don't like football. We don't follow football. We were never interested in fantasy football. But your weekly updates on the FCFFL became required reading in the Sandcrawler because they are just so funny! You did an outstanding job entertaining even the most reluctant of fans. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BradAdams
12-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Looks like the two underdogs are going to be playing for the championship trophy. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DarthFagan
12-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Congrats to Ryan! My mushroom power apparently ran out! Go get them Ryan!

Buffalo_Bill
01-03-2008, 09:26 PM
John,

Thanks for the vote of confidence...My Rancor's rage has finally hit it's peak for the playoffs and subsequently all the way to the title....I only hope they don't get their hands on the trophy. I don't want it to end up like that poor fat green Gamorrean Guard.

Ryan