PDA

View Full Version : 1982-1986 GI JOES

piper
11-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I decided to go back and buy the old Joes I had as a kid and wanted to know if anyone can recommend any good ebay sellers?

I bought about 20 last weekend from decent sellers, just looking for more.

Mark

KIDD
11-01-2007, 03:53 PM
you looking for loose or moc ?

piper
11-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Well I am just picking up loose in as mint of condition as I can.

Mark

iambob13
11-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Be careful with it. I bought a couple, I'll post the name of the seller later when I have time to look it up, but I think he put something in the joints. Now they can barely move. I'd prefer loose joints to joints that can barely function.

E_CHU_TA
11-02-2007, 03:22 AM
sigh
the good years.

ThorOakenfelder
11-02-2007, 06:34 PM
I've got some in that time frame. let me know what you're looking for and I'll see what I got.

RolandofGilead
11-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Those were my collecting years too. I had almost all the Joes from that timeline and they were one of the few toys to survive childhood and move around with me as an adult.

Sadly, I found out just a couple of years ago that most didn't survive the storage process. I have baggies full of arms, and torsos because the poor boys just fell apart over time. Worse still is that all the weapons I carefully packed and kept in pristine condition somehow got seperated from the figures and disappeared. It's very disappointing and I don't even know what to do to save them.

Darth_Finger
11-07-2007, 06:07 PM
I wish I never sold my old joes http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

RolandofGilead
11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
See, I learned that lesson when I sold all my Star Wars figures to buy Joes. I regretted that almost instantly. I intended to keep and save all my Joe figures forever, but they all look just sad.

ThorOakenfelder
11-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Those were my collecting years too. I had almost all the Joes from that timeline and they were one of the few toys to survive childhood and move around with me as an adult.

Sadly, I found out just a couple of years ago that most didn't survive the storage process. I have baggies full of arms, and torsos because the poor boys just fell apart over time. Worse still is that all the weapons I carefully packed and kept in pristine condition somehow got seperated from the figures and disappeared. It's very disappointing and I don't even know what to do to save them.

You can get O-Rings to rebuild them. Smalljoes.com has O-Rings, screws, and T-Hooks.

RolandofGilead
11-07-2007, 11:26 PM
I know. I think I can do it, but it'll be a long process. First the O rings and screws, then go find all their weapons. I might start with the original Joes and work my way up.