PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into ROBOTECH?

autobot1976
09-21-2007, 04:24 PM
There's gotta be a few fans here. I am a huge Robotech fan. The Macross Saga is my favorite. I've got all on DVD, all the Jack McKinney novels, all the original Comico comics, most of the Toynami Masterpiece series, Battlecry GC / TMS for GBA, and even some of the old Matchbox toys.

Shadow Chronicles came out recently, I dug it. Can't wait for Shadow Rising OR the new Warner Brothers live action Robotech movie!

Who else? Show of hands???

macross7
09-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Just saw Shadow Chronicles in the theater. Cool they are making a 2nd movie (I hadn't heard of it). I have a pretty big RT collection. Almost the whole Matchbox line (including a complete carded set) & tons of Macross products.

jamesanshutz
10-15-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm also into Robotech but it's been a long time since Ive seen a few episodes of Robotech. I watched some back in 1998 when i was in college on the Sci Fi channel. Then there's those paperback books I read when I was in middle school and high school but I didnt know much about Robotech except that there was one main guy character dealing with all of the action going on and the vehicles turned into robots sort of. Like I said. Im not a big fan of Robotech but I did like watching some of the episodes back then. Nowadays there's those cheap 4.99 single DVDs of a Robotech episode at Kmart

Hrvat
10-25-2007, 01:35 PM
I just watched Macross Zero and fell in love with it. I already had the Zero-A, Zero-S, and Ivanov before seeing this and new it would rock based on the quality of the toys. I am now venturing into Macross Plus and have all those toys.

I just finished the original series again and last month the showed The Shadow Chronicles at the local theater for one night only.

After watching Zero, I am torn between the two lines, but happy with the adventure.

spires75
01-24-2008, 05:32 PM
I am a big Robotech fan as well. Fell in love with the series when I was a kid and found the Robotech site a year or two after it started. I'm starting to focus more on Star Wars though, I have a few masterpiece veritechs from toynami but I think I'll get rid of those. They are only Miriya and Ben. Not real popular choices. I did like the Shadow Chronicles and can't wait for the continuation of that series and the possible live action movie. We'll see, I'm not holding my breath for new toys are a release date for the movie the way things go for Robotech anyway.

ThallJoben
01-05-2015, 11:58 PM
Bumping this thread to discuss Robotech toys; this is kind of a companion post to my other recent one in Wuher's cantina.

In any case, I had some of the old Robotech Matchbox toys back in the '80's, but have no idea where they are now. Even at the time, I felt the toys were somewhat "cheap" looking (especially the figures), and I also wasn't impressed with the scale issues - i.e., they had a huge Robotch Battloid that Dana Sterling piloted, and the Robotech Masters robot was miniscule in comparison - despite the fact that they were almost the same size on the show.

These days, the only Robotech toy I have is the Masterpiece collection Rick Hunter Veritech that I got back in the 200X's. Great toy, but I never got any others - and, it looks like all of these Masterpiece toys go for big bucks these days...

It would be nice to see a new line of Robotech toys devoted to the three series, with an emphasis on the cool mecha (IMHO we don't really need figures, but that's me). However, I'm sure it would be very unlikely for anything like this to come out, given that this is such an old series & very little new material has come out...

jedimasterc
01-11-2015, 06:33 PM
I have 2 of the Masterpiece Veritech fighters, Roy Foker and Rick Hunter. I only took them out of the box and transformed them 3 times and never touched them again. The Daedalus attack was unreal back in 1985 which became my favorite scene from the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLi7ULuqDkQ

Bolingbroke
01-15-2015, 01:29 PM
The problem with veritech models is that 90% of the time the legs are too skinny, also because of fighter mode. The ones I like best are the first superposeable ones from Toynami, which unsurprisingly, don't transform but look miles better than anything else on the market. Pity about the way the legs are splayed though.

I used to love this series when I was a kid, too.

ThallJoben
01-17-2015, 05:14 PM
The problem is that since the Matchbox line from the '80's, none of the Robotech toys have gotten a mainstream, wide release. Makes perfect sense, however, since the Matchbox toys were made to support the TV series that was on in the mid-'80's, and there hasn't really been anything new since then.