PDA

View Full Version : WM AT Joes

Bantha5
09-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Just wondering if any one here picked up the 5 wal mart adventure team joes? Is there anyone here even interested in vintage style joes? Ryan

Ryan1982
09-15-2007, 12:43 PM
I bought one the other day just to see what the figure was like. These were a little bit before my time. I grew up with the 3 3/4 Joes from the 80's. I was a little disappointed in the fact that you cant really see what you are getting/ what the figure looks like until you open the box.
-Ryan

red_skeleton7
09-22-2007, 03:14 PM
I saw them, because someone else opened some. I wasn't too impressed by them, but you have got to remember they are based off the original designs from years ago. So they aren't going to be all that.

Only collectors from those years will probably be more interested in them. For now I pass.

Anonymous01
09-23-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm old enough to remember playing with these guys. I grew up right in the middle of the kung-fu grip era and it was great to walk into a Wal-Mart and see these reproductions right down to the actual boxes. I bought my favorite that I remember as a kid, the Sea Adventurer. Opened him up and thought, "Gee, I remember this being much bigger!" Still great to experience the old box opening again.