PDA

View Full Version : Wedge Engine Question

Diablo20
07-25-2007, 05:40 PM
I was wondering if others in this group use the Wedge Engine database for tracking their Star Wars collectibles.

Do you find the price guide to be accurate?

JoshEEE
07-25-2007, 11:41 PM
I eventually open everything, so price guides are irrelevant to me.

It's a good checklist though. Great place to check for stuff I may be missing. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Diablo20
07-26-2007, 01:31 AM
I've started using it but wanted to know if I can rely on the prices to be fair and accurate, They seemed fair to me but wanted the opinion of others in the group. If the end value I'm seeing is anywhere close to true, I need to be looking into an insurance policy for my collection.

I also have a few things I want to list for sale and really not sure what to ask for them.

Criz_Bee
09-12-2007, 01:06 PM
I also have a few things I want to list for sale and really not sure what to ask for them.

If you are not sure how much some of your pieces are worth, check Ebay. If you can't find current listings, do an advanced search and look for closed auctions. There is really no better tool than Ebay as it gives you real data in terms of what people are willing to pay for stuff.

Dr_Zoltar
09-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah, don't use the Wedge engine for prices. Use eBay. I don't think that engine is updated regularly when it comes to a piece's value. eBay is fairly accurate as it's "market controlled".

Diablo20
09-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the advice. Typically I check Ebay for pricing. I just wanted to see if others found the Wedge Engine quotes to be fairly accurate. I thought it could save me time on research. I really need to find a decent price guide that has fair/current prices so that I can properly insure my collection. I'm not really up to the task of doing an Ebay query on each item and trying to get an average market price. I'm looking for the lazy (but accurate) way around this.

Dr_Zoltar
09-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Is Lee's Toy Guide magazine still around? If so, it might have a price guide in it. I don't know how comprehensive it would be though.

Lord_Bobster
09-26-2007, 10:47 PM
I did for quite some time, but two things happened...

One: My collection grew too fast.

Two: It became diversified (Various manufacturers, GG, etc...)

Three: The Wedge Engine wasn't keeping up.

It is a good way to get an estimate of your collection for insurance purposes but is sucks on keeping up. Wish they would have better support on this.

Diablo20
09-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Since I mostly stick to the vintage and Hasbro stuff I'm in pretty good shape. I'll continue to use it to get an idea of my collections value.