PDA

View Full Version : David "Wedge Antilles" Ankrum question...

Capntarpals
07-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Okay. He's listed as the voice of Wedge for A New Hope, as Denis Lawson has a heavy Scottish accent or whatnot. I don't see why that was a problem in the first place, but I digress. So...

1) Was Mr. Ankrum the voice of Wedge in all three OT films?

2) I borrowed the Nintendo Game Cube Star Wars Rogue Squadron II game, but I can't play it as of yet. On the package, it says it features the voice of Denis Lawson as Wedge. Now, what's the draw there? Wouldn't that mean that the game's Wedge would sound completely different from the OT's Wedge that we all know and love?

It really doesn't matter, as I'm getting my OTC Wedge figure signed by David Ankrum anyway. But, I am a tad confused on the whole situation.

starwarsgrapher
07-04-2007, 11:41 PM
From what I understand most of the pilots in ANH were dubbed over with American voices. Ankrum was one of them they used. He was only used as Wedge's voice for ANH and not ESB or ROTJ.

I believe they also kept the voice of Drewe Henley. He told me at the time he could easily ditch his English accent and he did a good job.

Capntarpals
07-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the info.

So, what you're saying is that Mr. Ankrum voiced the line in ANH, "What about that tower?" To which Luke responded, "You worry about those fighters. I'll worry about the tower!" Correct?

Or, was David Ankrum only used for the fkae Wedge's voice in the briefing room on Yavin?

I'm confused http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Lukesgirl1970
07-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Yes, and 'Look at the size of that thing' was Ankrum too.

Denis Lawson apparently told George Lucas on Ep5 that he was surprised to have been dubbed, offered to do the American accent from then onwards, and the rest is history.

Lukesgirl1970
07-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Yes, and 'Look at the size of that thing' was Ankrum too.

Denis Lawson apparently told George Lucas on Ep5 that he was surprised to have been dubbed, offered to do the American accent from then onwards, and the rest is history.