PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had a bad expierence with attakus

TimProctor
06-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Im gong to be receiving my oola attakus statue and was wondering if anyone ever had one arrive with a bad paint job etc.

a long time ago I had an R2-D2 attakus but thats the only one i had ever owned and it looked great.

just curious.

demorathis
06-19-2007, 11:06 AM
no problems here == maybe really really minor paint scratch or worble...nothing obvious upon casual inspection

ump
06-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Attakus always provide a good painting job on each statue.No worry about this:)

ambasah
06-19-2007, 06:16 PM
I own many and have never had any issues. Their QC is by far better than most out there...

TimProctor
06-19-2007, 08:03 PM
It amazes me how much detail they put in the fabric. take a look at bib fortuna's fabric... stunning. I think they need to work a bit more on the eyes. I noticed oola should have been painted with larger pupils. I don't know, I have not seen it in person. I should have it by the end of the week or early next week.
I do think that oola has the best likeness so far. slave leia and padme .. and luke are not that spot on.

DarthPotts1975
06-20-2007, 08:08 AM
i've always been extremly happy.

LAJFett
06-20-2007, 09:53 AM
I've only got Boba and Jango, but both look fine. I bought Jango new but Boba was purchased on Ebay as a gift for me. The only complaint (and it is really minor) is that Jango's antenna comes seperate from the statue and doesn't really slot into the holder that securely. It will stay there but there is a bit of 'wiggle room' so it can lean a little.

larbob
06-21-2007, 07:11 PM
I have a lot of Attakus statues.....never had to return one due to bad paint, broken, etc.. The best SW statues I've seen.

blue_rogue
06-24-2007, 02:11 PM
While I've never seen an Attakus statue in person, what I've heard about their Star Wars statues reminds me alot of Hard Hero's Marvel statues. Both companies have much lower edition sizes on their pieces than their competitors, and they are alot slower with new releases. But it all adds up to better QC than most companies, especially when it comes to paint apps.

TimProctor
06-24-2007, 05:23 PM
after receiving my first attakus statue - OOLA, I can certainly say that when it comes to paint application they are top notch. I have owned many Gentle Giant statues in the past and as far as paint application, they do not compare. I was even worried about Oola's face and if I would be happy with it. I have to say that im 100% happy with her face.
The problem is, most pics you view are larger than the actual size so they can look odd when looking at them. However when seeing her face in person, Id have to say its pretty near perfect in my opinion.
It's as if she stepped off the screen and into my studio.
Im more than happy.

blue_rogue
06-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Congrats on the pick up, TK. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Now that there are no more movies (for the forseeable future, anyway) and with the 30th Anniversary passing by, I'd like to see some of the other companies (Gentle Giant, Sideshow) cut back a little on their edition sizes next year, and moving forward. Not saying GG should go back to making just 3,500 of each bust, but even 9,000 for a popular bust like the new Jango is too much. It would be nice to be able to pre-order a bust for around $40 and not see it going on clearance for about $10 less several months later. It would also be nice to see the more consistent paint apps that we used to see two or three years ago.