PDA

View Full Version : Voyager class Bonecrusher coming?

DarthBuff
06-17-2007, 02:33 PM
I have read reports. Have you guys heard of this?

mrmforceX
06-17-2007, 02:45 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...nope, have not heard any news on future voyager class figs. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I REALLY like the deluxe Bonecrusher, so a voyager class for me is not necessary.

Deak_Starkiller
06-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Bonecrusher IMO is a secondary character that doesn't really need the Voyager treatment. I can understand Prime and Megatron existing as both Voyager and Leader class, for those who can't shell out enough for the Leader class. With the exception of those, throwing Deluxe and Voyager class sizes into one collection, as kids might expect to do, a kinda strange.

On a semi-related note, my Voyager (Robo-vision) Prime looks great in scale with some deluxes I have like Bumblebee. Putting a Voyager Ironhide in that mix looks kinda off.

movieman78
06-18-2007, 08:28 AM
If this is true, it's great news. Bonecrusher is in dire need of a bigger figure. His deluxe class self is way too small. Normally scale doesn't bother me with Transformers since they've always been out of scale with each other; yet when it comes to the movie, being more reality based, I want to see them in relative scale.

I haven't seen it on any of the comprehensive lists out there. I have seen a Leader class Brawl is coming. Either way, I hope it's true. I'd also like to see a Leader class Blackout one day. Another who is way too small.

Deak_Starkiller
06-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Yeah, it looks like a few characters could have been switched around a bit. Looks like Hasbro was thinking on what characters were better marketable depending on what they felt could sell better in a particular class.

But I think if Hasbro spent a little more time and money into it, they could have created an interim class between Deluxe and Voyager classes for a $14.99 price point. (They sort of have this now with their SW:TF line). Anyway, I think characters like Ratchet and Ironhide would have been great for this class line w/o really stretching to fit them down to the deluxe class scale. And yes, I agree Blackout needed the Leader class treatment.

If you look at the first G1 line in retrospect, it definitely would have worked this year:

Minibots/cassettes - scout class ($6)
Autobots - deluxe class ($10)
Seekers - 'interim class' ($15)
Soundwave - Voyager class ($20)
Megatron/Prime - Leader class ($35)

boff123
06-18-2007, 12:50 PM
poor blackout is way underscaled. would have been great as a leader. his bio even says that he is the largest decepticon. also the headsculpt is kinda weak.

Deak_Starkiller
06-18-2007, 01:16 PM
I just wonder how a potential movie Devastator will be treated. He'd definitely outscale Blackout as soon as the Constructions make their debut. It would be interesting in terms of accurate scale if Hasbro chose to sell each Constructicon as a Voyager class character...just like the G1 Predacons. Put those together and we'd have one hefty mother!

Masterfett
06-19-2007, 02:17 PM
So does anyone have loose pics of these guys side by side in vehicle mode, I'm curious how close to scale they look between Bumblebee, Ironhide, and Prime.

movieman78
06-19-2007, 03:32 PM
So does anyone have loose pics of these guys side by side in vehicle mode, I'm curious how close to scale they look between Bumblebee, Ironhide, and Prime.

Seibertron Gallery pic--Autobots (http://www.seibertron.com/toys/fullsize.php?id=1192&size=1&image=107)

Seibertron.com has great galleries so poke around once you go to that link. As you can see, the Autobots are roughly in scale to each other and look good. The Decepticons are all over the place. Bonecrusher should at least be Prime's size and Blackout should at least be as big as those two (really bigger) in toy terms. You can live with the rest of the Decepticons (future Leader class Brawl considered) though a case can be made for a Leader class Starscream too. He's not as woefully undersized though.

It's nitpicky but considering these are more reality based than previous lines, it'd be nice to have the Deceps more in scale. Of course, price considerations on Hasbro's part is understood. I just hope for future releases to satisfy the dorks like me ala Leader Brawl.

MasterGrievous
06-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Pic of Leader Class Brawl as seen on the package of the Ultimate Bumblebee in case any of you are interested (http://www.tfg2.com/read.php?tid=7786)

I've heard rumors of the Voyager Bonecrusher as well, and I seriously hope they are true. Deluxe Bonecrusher is just too small to "sumo" my Robovision Prime. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GNT
06-19-2007, 08:25 PM
I must give Hasbro props. While we all want accurate and large transformers it's not always possible.

1. If Hasbro released all the characters in the larger scale parents cant afford to spending fortunes on all the characters for their kids. Voyagers cost $50 here (US$45ish) so its highly expensive.

2. Smaller deluxes are reasonably priced, quick movers and fit more on the shelves which means more turn over.

As long as all scales are offered at some point it should be good.