PDA

View Full Version : Recent Acquisitions--30th Anniversary(VA/MD/DC)V.5

Pages : [1] 2 3

BlueLeader
06-10-2007, 10:13 AM
The old thread was almost at 500 so time for a new thread. Happy Hunting and post your finds here. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

vadarthdad
06-11-2007, 05:52 AM
Manassas WM (Liberia) had 4 cases of Legends out. Clones everywhere - Shock, ROTS, AOTC...left 'em all...still no FD set...

BlueLeader
06-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Target in Alexandria on Hwy 1 had a case of wave 3 this morning, except for McQ Chewy of course.

DARTHJOSEPH
06-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Wow, Legends, Legends everywhere. These are the new H&V GB's! It's about time that TAC started over taking Saga! Guess it's time to get used to seeing the same figures every single time we go to the stores...at least they're mainly clones and droids! Wait...actualy that could get expensive http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BlueLeader
06-11-2007, 04:37 PM
VTSC on HTS right now including Snowtrooper and don't forget the CELEBRATION code for 10% off.
HTS Vintage figs (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=78&ST=SO&PG=1)

BlueLeader
06-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Ohh Yeahhh!!! Just got 3 Snowtroopers, 2 IG-88's, and 1 Han Solo and with using the "Celebration" code it ended up being free shipping and about $1 more off. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif Wow, I just checked how many Snowtroopers are in stock and there is over 1250 available http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

jedisquared
06-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Glen Burnie TRU had Saga Legends Wave 1(minus shocktrooper), plenty of stock on all 6 VTAC & most of TAC wave 3 minus Luke & McChewie.

Flacksguy
06-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Picked up another VTAC Luke and IG-88. Just need another Han and Leia and I'll have 3 of each, and a bunch of Snowtroopers.
Think I'll be able to find Han and Leia? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Also found another Jawa and 2 more Stormtroopers.
Haven't seen Legends yet, but I don't care. There's nothing I need from that wave, and I'm not looking forward to seeing them clog the pegs everywhere. As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't mind if we never got them.

Vadarthdad,
If you still haven't found the Father's Day set, I can grab one and send it your way. We have a ton out here.
I don't know what your store is waiting for. They aren't going to sell many of them after sunday. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

vadarthdad
06-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks - my point exactly - this just shows how poor WM's distribution is - an exclusive figure that they won't get until after the holiday that it's made for....

However, don't grab me one just yet. I'm holding out hope for my two WM's - they have 3 days left...plus my wife wants to go shopping near Dulles Town Center this weekend and I've been told the WM off 28 out there has them.

Glassman6
06-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Columbia wally had 1 R2 from wave 1 on the pegs. So they have finally seen wave 1 of tac.
Target had leftovers from wave 3.

BlueLeader
06-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Well still no Father's Day packs at the WM in WB and just a few pegwarmers hanging around. That WM is almost as bad as the one on Hwy 1. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anakin21
06-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Ugh - that WM on Rt 1 (Ft. Belvoir) is AWFUL! They've had the same 12+ Rep Beens for almost 3 months now!

Found Wave 3 Jawa and Luke at Target yesterday. No McQ Chewie. Not much time for hunting until early Aug. Any help on the McQ Chewie front would be very much appreciated!

Glassman6
06-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Nothing new at columbia wally or target.
No fathers day at wal-mart. Just like no neyo 2 pack and just like no cantina band tins...I havent seen any exclusive at that wally since the wave 10 from end of last year... They suck.

vadarthdad
06-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Agree. I've been leaving for work early and hit both Manassas WM's every day this week. M-F. Liberia WM and 66WM. No FD sets. One last day - tomorrow, then I won't really care, other than the principle of the thing. WM sucks.

jedisquared
06-15-2007, 06:12 PM
South Glen B. Target on Rte. 3 had all Saga Legends wave 1 except Red Shockie.

vadarthdad
06-16-2007, 07:57 PM
As expected, went to Sterling WM to get the FD set so that I can get it tomorrow morning from my kids.

Flacksguy
06-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Well,
glad you got one anyway.
I can't believe how stupid those Wal-Mart are. That isn't even something they can clearance later on. NOBODY will buy them after today.

I got 3 more Snowtroopers in the mail, another Jawa and an opener McChewie, all from trades. That keeps me out of the stores until wave 4 shows up.

By the way,
to anyone who opened the CIV McQuarrie figures:
would you be interested in selling or trading your star case? the one with the little CIV sticker on it.
I'd like to try and get enough to put all 12 McQuarrie figures in them.
Send me a PM if your interested, I could pay for it, or trade you another star case and pay shipping, or work something else out.
Thanks alot.

BlueLeader
06-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Just got these in the mail from HTS today:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/944/medium/P6190005.JPG

vadarthdad
06-20-2007, 05:08 PM
This week: 2 McLuke's (still waiting for 2 more from HTS - not sure where there are...) 5 WDW Cantina set. Plus just pre-ordered Wave 6 and 7 from NFC. My wallet is sore.

BlueLeader
06-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Just read on the UGH thread that somebody found an UGH so get ready to beat the Hotwheels scalpers to the pegs at opening or late night when the cases are brought out of the back at WM http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anakin21
06-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Is anyone on here actually trying to find the UGH this time around? I've firmly resolved to not even bother. Its just a chintzy coin IMHO. The gas and time are more precious to me.

Picked up a Shocktrooper today when running errands. Still need the McQ Chewie and the battle droids. Speaking of which, anyone find variants of those around here yet ... or are those coming in later waves?

jedisquared
06-21-2007, 02:03 PM
It's not just you, Vadarthdad...my McQuarrie Lukes supposedly shipped on 6/14. As of today, I still haven't received. That's Hasbro snail-mail for you.

DARTHJOSEPH
06-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Is anyone on here actually trying to find the UGH this time around? I've firmly resolved to not even bother. Its just a chintzy coin IMHO. The gas and time are more precious to me.

Picked up a Shocktrooper today when running errands. Still need the McQ Chewie and the battle droids. Speaking of which, anyone find variants of those around here yet ... or are those coming in later waves?

UGH is crap. Didn't bother last year, no need to this year. Anyways how is a gold coin any more *****y than a silver base??? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As far as the variants, I believe they are changing over the course of the year. I've not seen any but the tan/yellow ones. There's like 4 different ones going to ship right?

vadarthdad
06-21-2007, 06:42 PM
My 2nd two McLuke's arrived today.
I'm not boycotting UGH, but I'm not planning on hunting for them, either - if I find one on the pegs, however, I doubt I will pass it up.

BlueLeader
06-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Finally got my two C4 Lukes in the mail today and they are great and in minty condition. One of the cases doesn't have the C4 logo sticker though, so that's the one I am going to open. As for the UGH Hunt, yes I am going to try and get a full set to keep MOMC, I just haven't decided if I will get a set to open and add the coins to the album that my 6 yo daughter and I are putting together.

acave
06-24-2007, 03:47 AM
Got four McLukes a couple of days ago. Also just picked up three McFetts and three Mcstomies. My Walmart just got in three boxes of wave 2/wave 1 and one box of saga wave 8 rev 6

jedisquared
06-24-2007, 07:51 AM
...still no CIV McQ. Lukes from HTS. AAArrrrgh!

vadarthdad
06-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Looks like Manassas (66) WM either re-stocked with 2006 Wave 9/10 over the weekend or someone returned a bunch...I suspect the former. Surprised to see no TAC and a bunch of new SAGA, including an Aura Sing. Left them all....
Manassas Target also stocked with 2006 Wave 9 or equivalent revision.

Any clue when TAC Wave 4 will be here?

jedisquared
06-26-2007, 03:44 AM
I would say end of July at earliest.

Glassman6
06-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Is everybody taking a break from hunting?
Columbia target had wave 1 legends and wave3 tac leftovers full pegs. VSTC full also.

jedisquared
06-29-2007, 09:35 AM
I know I am...at least until wave 4. I have not set out to buy doubles of all TAC figs. just to fill a coin album. So, I'm not bending over backwards on this gold coin UGH promo.

Flacksguy
06-29-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm all caught up, so I've been taking a nice little break from hunting. There's nothing out there anyway.

Been doing a little hunting in Modern Classifieds, but don't really need much there either.

DARTHJOSEPH
06-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Yep, taking a much needed break!!! (unfortunately those damn new PocketModels are becomming a quick obsession)

Only need McChewie since I was able to get Mc3po/r2 from starwars shop and McLuke from HTS! Oh...I guess I should pre-order the EE exclusive set.

Just hope the ComiCon Shadow Scout ends up on SW or HTS...he looks pretty slick! It's almost time Hasbro forgets the word "EXCLUSIVE" since they seem to have no idea what the word means http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not that I'm really complaining!

BlueLeader
07-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Happy 4th of July everybody http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hey does anybody still see the Father's Day Gift pack in any local WM and are they clearanced?

Flacksguy
07-01-2007, 02:39 PM
I picked one up the other day for another board member, but they were still 10 bucks. The WM I got it from is famous for never putting anything on clearance. They still have a stack of Cantina Band tins at 26.98.
Hell, they had a bunch of Marvel Legends Galactus wave figures that they JUST finally clearanced this past February.

DarthSmittyous
07-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been "lurking" for a while, but I decided to get a log-in today. Actually, I used to have a log-in a while back, but I forgot what it was because I never posted much OOPS! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Anyway... I live in NoVA and was wondering how much luck people have finding figures around here. I sporadically check the Woodbridge/Springfield area (TRU, WM and Target). I rarely come across anythinig interesting. How often do you have to check the stores to find the newer figures?

I have lucked out a couple of times, but usually I find pegs full of Moff Jerjerrod or C-3PO. I am always surprised when I go to a store in the area and they have 5-10 figures total. A couple of months ago, I went to the K-Mart in Springfield and they literally had no figures whatsoever. Do the stores around here just not stock that many figures or are there tons of SW collectors here?

I am not a completist/dealer/army builder. I usually only buy one of each figure I like (mainly RotS clones). Any suggestions on where to check (besides Ebay) for a McQ Stormtrooper?

As for an area report... today, the Springfield Target had the Vintage figs (why are these $2 more than at TRU/WM?), a TAC Tatooine Luke, and the usual TAC suspects (Mace, Obi-Wan, R2... funny how those are going to be UGH figures).

Good hunting to everyone.

Flacksguy
07-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Welcome Darth Smittyous,
we have a great group of guys here in the area who will gladly help you out. I just traded away a McTrooper, otherwise I would have sent it your way.
I'll keep my eyes out for another. In the meantime, check out Modern Classifieds everyday. I see them listed for sale all the time.
Yeah, Target has the VTAC figures $2 more than everywhere else, but they will also put them on clearance before everyone else too, so look out for that. Last year I got a bunch for 3 bucks a piece.

Anakin21
07-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Welcome (back) to the boards DarthSmitty. I've been out of the hunt for a month or so now - but on the rare occassion I have made it out, its been the same story you're reporting.

Waves have been shipping/stocking in what seems like 1 or 2 cases and for the most part moving fast once stocked. Most of the McQ figures are never making it out of backrooms (or past the store opening Hotwheelers). With some patience, and luck - you should score something eventually.

In the area you're shopping in, the TRU (believe it or not) has been the luckiest place for me. The WM there is awful (as is the one in Ft. Belvoir, Rt. 1). Targets are hit or miss - best to go early mornings I've found (if you have the luxury).

Otherwise, keep us posted on what you need and Im sure someone will come through - like Flacks said, we're a pretty helpful bunch.

RS Modern Classifieds tend to be good too - but better deals are to be had there when you barter as opposed to buy...at least that's my experience.

DarthSmittyous
07-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the info, guys.

It is strange that stores are only putting out a case or two at a time when it looks like there is room for more. I guess that is all they are getting.

In some of the other figure threads, people talk about some figures at near pegwarmer status, when I have never even seen them at a store around here. A few weeks ago, I caved and bought a Commander Appo at the Wizard World Philly show for $10. I didn't think that was too much of a premium considering the difficulty I had finding that figure.

It usually seems that it is just dumb luck when I find figures I like. For a while, KB in Springfield was good. I found a Commander Cody UGH just sitting on the front of a peg there, and then later on, they put out several cases of figures with lots of clones. Now they have 5-10 figures max. It seems like the stores are a little "hit" and a lot of "miss."

vadarthdad
07-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Smitty - I PM'd you with a recommendation of 2 places to check. I've passed on 3 McFetts this week and am seeing many Wave 2 revision cases. I'm actually shocked that I'm not seeing much Wave 3. I truely think that I've seen more McFetts than McChewies over the past month....

I used e-bay to grab two Sacul's recently - no modern scummers were interrested in a 4-for-1 (McFett/McChewie/McStormie/etc.) deal, which surprised me. Ended up costing less in the long run - got one for less than $25 with shipping and the other for $30 with shipping. They had been averaging around $40.

vadarthdad
07-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Finds this AM - 6am Manassas WM (Rt 66):
5 cases of TAC - 2 cases Wave 3, 3 cases Wave 2, all still on the pallet, unfortunately, I was the first in the AM and someone must have gotten to them at night, as all 5 cases were opened and gone through. No McFigs in any of the 5 TAC cases (except for 1 McChewie), but it looks like there were at least 2 Wave 2 revision cases marked R5 and R6 - they seemed to have no figs missing - and no McFigs, so maybe these revision cases have no McQuarries in them? The person who went through the 5 TAC look like they may have grabbed one McChewie, one Jawa, and the 2McFigs from one Wave 2 revision case that had 2 missing....

5 cases of Legends - 2 were stocked on the pegs, 3 were still on the pallet and they were gone through, too, but it looks like all legends were still there - 5 shock troopers and more clones than a small army.

Please go there and clear all of these figures out to make room for Wave 4!!!! (in 2 months at the rate this WM get's stuff).

darth666
07-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Hi, I haven't posted in a while and I know this is the wrong place for this, but this is where everyone in the DC area looks. I have a LEGO piece that I want to sell or trade. It's probably to fragile too ship anywhere, so I hope someone in the area will want it.

My father in law got it for me at a garage sale, and its pretty cool, but I'm not into collecting LEGO stuff.

From what I know, its a display from a Target store. Its an Ultimate Collection Series X-Wing in a plastic display case. It's half of the X-Wing mounted on a mirrored background.

I'm also thinning out my collection a little bit and have some POTF 2 through TSC items I want to sell or trade.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

vadarthdad
07-08-2007, 08:40 AM
I've got a line on 4 McFetts. PM if interrested.

BlueLeader
07-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Got 2 Stormtroopers at WM on Hwy 1, looks like they had put out 3 cases of wave 3 but no McQ's and no more Stormies. I also got my third McQ Luke in the mail from HTS and it is in mint condition and finally a coin that would grade mint state 69 or C9 or higher vs the beat up condition of all the other coins http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Flacksguy
07-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Broke down and bought some Saga Legends today. A couple of Ep II Clones. Blame it on the drought.
Also, my Death Star Briefing set came from BigBadToyStore, and the pegwarmers that I got cheap from TRU.com came in the mail.

BlueLeader
07-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Broke down and bought some Saga Legends today. A couple of Ep II Clones. Blame it on the drought.
Also, my Death Star Briefing set came from BigBadToyStore, and the pegwarmers that I got cheap from TRU.com came in the mail.

Isn't it hard to leave those poor clones on the pegs sitting there all homeless and unloved http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Went to WM on 1 to buy pool supplies and got to see two guys yelling and cussing at each other, no punches though just full of hot air. Oh and nothing new as far as SW goes. Sure would like to see them put the Comic Packs on clearance so I could pick up a few more ARC Troopers for custom fodder.

acave
07-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Got death star brief, 2 stormtroopers from wave 3 and McChewie.

vadarthdad
07-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Broke down and pre-ordered the 14 pc. EE Mandalorian special.

Glassman6
07-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Broke down and pre-ordered the 14 pc. EE Mandalorian special.

Plan on doing the same, but i'm dragging my feet.
Columbia target had wave 2 and one lonely trooper from wave 3.
Wally had nothing, as usual.

1zzy
07-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Glassman,

Let me know if you come across the next wave of GHs http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks.

Scott S.

Anakin21
07-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Saw VTSC on clearance at Target today - $8.34 per figure.

vadarthdad
07-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Grabbed the 4 McFetts (2 for Slacktrooper and 2 for DarthSmittyous if they still want them) and an Appo for Me (Target).
Passed on the TAC Jawa and Stormtrooper (Target).
Passed on three Legends Shocktroopers (Target & WM).
Passed on one Snowtrooper (TRU) but relocated it to the overhead bin.
Saw one local Target had $8.34? VTAC (but no Snowtroopers).

jedisquared
07-14-2007, 03:57 AM
This weekend the new 2007 Hallmark SW ornaments are unveiled at your local Gold Crown Hallmark store. There is a ltd. edition Tusken Raider which is only available Sat. & Sunday. Check out the cool 30th anniv. pieces with lights & sound chips. Happy hunting!

DarthSmittyous
07-14-2007, 01:25 PM
PM sent... and thanks!

Grabbed the 4 McFetts (2 for Slacktrooper and 2 for DarthSmittyous if they still want them) and an Appo for Me (Target).

SlackTrooper
07-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Same here, Thanks!

PM sent... and thanks!

SlackTrooper
07-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Saw VTSC on clearance at Target today - $8.34 per figure.

The one on Rt 1. has them all minus Snowtroopers and Luke. I picked up the Leia, Han, and IG-88 I was holding off on. I guess I'll buy my Luke from Hasbrotoyshop.

DarthSmittyous
07-14-2007, 05:57 PM
I looked at the Springfield area stores today.

Wal-Mart in Kingstowne had Saga Legends - I wanted to buy a ROTS clone, an AOTC clone and a Shocktrooper, but the store was really busy so I didn't want to wait in line

Toys R Us in Kingstowne - nothing too exciting figure wise, but I was tempted by the Xbox 360 Activision buy 2 get one free game offer... although I passed on that too

Target at Springfield Mall - VTAC at $8.38 but they only had Leia and Bossk, also had several TAC figures just nothing exciting

As a belated "recent" acquisition, I picked a McQuarrie Stormtrooper and Chewbacca at Wal-Mart. I also bought the Vader with Obi-Wan robe and a regular Stormtrooper.

Glassman6
07-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Columbia Target filled pegs with saga, wave 2 and wave 3. Saw my 3rd Concept Chewie ever. I grabbed the 2 stormtroppers and an episode 1 clone.

DarthSmittyous
07-17-2007, 05:51 PM
I received two McQuarrie Boba Fett figures from vadarthdad. Dave, thank you very much for your help.

SlackTrooper
07-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Also received a McFett from vaderthdad, Thanks a lot! I am all caught up on my McQuarrie figures now.

Glassman6
07-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Concept Chewies everywhere!
I mentioned tuesday that i only saw the Ralph Chewie 3 times. Well i've seen one every day since. Columbia target keeps refreshing. I keep grabbing the stormtroopers!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As ( i think it was blue leader) said, they look all innocent hanging there in white, i have to save them!!

Rio target had the same, all of wave 3. I grabbed another stormie there too!

Flacksguy
07-20-2007, 09:19 PM
My Wal-Mart was doing a serious cleaning today and they must have found a couple of figures that had fallen behind the shelves. There were two ROTS figures on the pegs in pretty beat up packages. One was a #41 SA Clone, so I took it up front to see how much it was and it rang up at .50 cents!!
Needless to say, I bought it.
The other figure was a Neimodian Warrior....they'd have to pay me .50 cents to take that one.

lowenbotten
07-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Figured I'd stop by and make a post as it's probably been months since I've said anything. I stepped away from collecting everything and now just get the things I really really want (like the VTSC IG-88).

Anyway, my wife and I are moving to Texas in a month! We've wanted a big house (not going to happen with the crazy MD prices) and get away from the skyrocketing cost of living here. So I'll be gone from the area but want to thank Flacksguy and Glassman for the assists they've given me before. Now if only we could get a buyer for our home here. It's a crappy market.

Flacksguy
07-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Wow man,
sorry to see you go, but I can totally understand. That's exactly why we moved out to Winchester, there's was no way we could afford a big house in MD.
Best of luck in Texas, keep in touch.

SlackTrooper
07-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Figured I'd stop by and make a post as it's probably been months since I've said anything. I stepped away from collecting everything and now just get the things I really really want (like the VTSC IG-88).

Anyway, my wife and I are moving to Texas in a month! We've wanted a big house (not going to happen with the crazy MD prices) and get away from the skyrocketing cost of living here. So I'll be gone from the area but want to thank Flacksguy and Glassman for the assists they've given me before. Now if only we could get a buyer for our home here. It's a crappy market.

I had a friend that moved to Texas for the same reason. He loves it down there, as it is easy to live close to big cities, yet still have a nice secluded house of your own. Hope you like it down there.

Glassman6
07-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Well low, you were always welcome for any assistance i may have given in furthering your colletion.
I know what you mean about the housing market. Our neighbor has been trying to sell for a year. A buddy of mine is in the same boat too. I wish you and your wife the best of luck both here and in texas.

First Flack leaves now lowenbotten... Columbia is MINE!!!! Bwa Ha Ha Ha Haaaaah! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

1zzy
07-24-2007, 04:09 AM
Not so fast Glassman - there is another http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif Find an TAC Wave4s or GHs yet?

Glassman6
07-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Well, izzy nothing but wave 2 and 3 at columbia this morning.
I grabbed a stormie...lost count on how many i got now.

1zzy
07-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Nada up in Mount Airy or Westminster. Will check out Laurel and 100/103? tomorrow on the way home.

Glassman6
07-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Skipped the stores today, but i finally got my VTAC Coin set in the mail yesterday. It took forever.

vadarthdad
07-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Just back from 10 days of vacation to/from the Chicagoland area. Scored the following:

1) Random stop at a Target in Morgantown, WVA (for the Starbucks!) found a lone Appo - couldn't leave him sitting there....

2) Thanks to DarthAcroyear and his posting of a nice SW centric Comic store (AP Comics Plainfield - near Indianapolis) I took the southern route through Indy to visit this GREAT shop - lots of "loose" (individually cased) figures that were somewhat reasonable - many other very cool Hasbro/Kenner SW stuff. I'm not an expert on prices, but they seemed somewhat in-line with e-bay and some e-tail stores, although I thought some of the carded stuff was on the high side. Scored 2 different evolution stormtroopers (loose - about $4 each?) and a boxed Detention Block Rescue ($15?) set that my son was dying to have. Other "interesting" things on the pegs - loose McTrooper for $9.99, loose Lucas in stormtrooper disguise for $25 - passed on these as they seemed to be on the high side for what I would be willing to pay.....Seemed to have a lot of red/green carded figs, and some other nice playsets.

3) A few stops at some local Targets/WM/TRU around the Northwest Suburbs yielded nothing. These guys (Chicagoland area) have virtually no TAC.

4) Random stop in a Walgreens drug store for some Motrin yielded another lone Appo. Got him, too.

5) Visited the Lego Store on Michigan Ave. - they have a life-size R2-D2 and a life-size Darth Vader - very cool. Picked up the MTT - last one on the shelves. They also had a bunch of Sith Infiltrators, but after dropping $99 on the MTT, I passed on the Sith Infiltrator. Saw the Anakin starfighter with blaster ring? Not interrested - not that it wasn't cool, my son has enought lego jedi starfighters. No Hoth set, however - I wanted 2 of those - probably not out yet.

Anakin21
07-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Darthdad - impressive report - you should be commended for going above and beyond in doing your part to keep the US consumer economy afloat! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Havent seen anything worth reporting lately - some Targets had massive TAC wave 3 refreshes last week, but as usual I missed all the McQ figures.

Haven't seen a single McQ figure on the pegs since the line started. Got my only McQ find (Stormie) from lucking out and seeing some unopened cases on the floor before being stocked. I feel cheated.

Kevin_Gianotto
07-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Concept Chewie at KBToys.com

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4774955/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

Glassman6
08-01-2007, 09:06 AM
WoW its quiet. no posts in almost 2 days. Is this a sign of our economy or just hasbros distribution?
Wave 3 galore at Columbia target. Stopped off for huggies and ended up with stormtroopers.

vadarthdad
08-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Ordered R2-KT and McObi/McYoda from HTS when they went up first time, Shadow Scout/Speeder from SWS, and BBTS is shipping me a UGH Wave 2(J) case this week. I swore I wasn't going to do UGH but with this drought between TAC Wave 3 and Wave 4, I was itchy and wanted at least the gold McTrooper.... Nothing out here new - no Wave 4, no new comic packs, no Legends Wave 2. Lots of full pegs of a variety of items - not just the traditional pegwarmers.

1zzy
08-02-2007, 11:22 AM
No GH figs - did find on TRU the pre-order for both the Naboo set and the Hoth set. Comes to ~$60 shipped and will be out 8/23. So at least I took care of those.

jedisquared
08-02-2007, 11:53 AM
...maybe I can break some of the collecting monotony...just scored all 3 Comic Two-Packs Wave 3 at north Glen Burnie Target(left 1 full set of #8, 9 & 10).

Flacksguy
08-02-2007, 03:37 PM
My McQuarrie Obi-Wan/Yoda came from HTS today, and I picked up a couple of VTAC Leias and Bossks on clearance from Target for 2.98.

If, anyone comes across a Luke or Han for that price, and would like a Bossk instead, let me know.

Glassman6
08-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Columbia target moved their toy isle. Same figures from wedensday though. They did have the 25th ani Joes. Single figs and box sets.
Gaithersburg Target has wave 3 chewie included!!

acave
08-08-2007, 02:46 AM
got comic book wave 3

vadarthdad
08-08-2007, 06:41 AM
1 Case UGH 4.25? (J) from BBTS because I have no patience, am tired of seeing the same W1-3 figs on the pegs with very little movement, and for some reason felt the urge to ensure I got a McQ Vader, UGH McTrooper, and the WV4 Fett. 1 pack Hero's/Villians playing card decks from WM.

Anakin21
08-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Scored some VTAC when up north on clearance at Target for $2.98. Other than that, nothing much to write about unfortunately.

lowenbotten
08-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Well low, you were always welcome for any assistance i may have given in furthering your colletion.
I know what you mean about the housing market. Our neighbor has been trying to sell for a year. A buddy of mine is in the same boat too. I wish you and your wife the best of luck both here and in texas.

First Flack leaves now lowenbotten... Columbia is MINE!!!! Bwa Ha Ha Ha Haaaaah! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Man, I hope it doesn't take a year to sell this place. We'll be gone before the end of this month and I'll have 2 mortgages. Yippee. It'll be worth it in the long run though. I swear, the home buying process is the most stressful thing a person can go through in life.

By the way, packing makes one realize just how big a collection has become.

I still keep my eyes open for stuff, but you guys are on top of things far more than me these days.

1zzy
08-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Just wanted to post that Wal-mart in Columbia had nothing new. Target had a McChewie that I left sitting right out front this morning. Also came across R2 Laptops at both places. Not impressed with them. Still no GH Logray set.

vadarthdad
08-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Found two new 501st clones and 1 purple battle droids set this AM at Target, but that was it. Either someone took the rest last night (can't imagine a collector would leave the 501sts and the droids) or they only stocked part of the case.

jedisquared
08-13-2007, 04:40 AM
North Glen Burnie WalMart had all Saga Legends; wave 1.

vadarthdad
08-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Manassas WM (Rt. 66) has VTAC2 on clearance for $5.50 each. No Snowtroopers, but about 3 IG-88's, 2 Bossks, and a bunch of Luke/Leia/Han's. Not in the toy isle - around the pet-food section with a bunch of clearance toys.

Returned a bunch of $11.99 VTAC2 to Target, then ran into them 6 hours later "re-stocked" in clearance for $2.98 each!Thank goodness my wife forgot to tell me to get a gift-card for my nephew, or I wouldn't have had to go back out! I originally returned them because I thought I overbought. At $2.98 each I changed my mind and bought them back. I was shocked to see them still on the floor.

Anakin21
08-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Saw a Leia/Vader Wave 3 comic pack today. Passed though. Will get it when I see all 3 at once.

Otherwise, its a dismal sight lately - lots of pegwarming Wave 1-3 figures, and still lots of '06 SAGA pegwarmers occupying otherwise valuable TAC basic figure space.

It seems to me at least that Legends is selling better than alot of the TAC figures. Seems to go pretty quick, comparatively speaking.

jedisquared
08-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Glen Burnie North Target had wave 3 comic two-packs.

vadarthdad
08-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Manassas TRU had Wave 3 comic packs (left 1 of each).
Manassas WM (66) had a McTrooper and McChewie (left both). Between Manassas TRU and Manassas WM, I think they had virtually every Wave 1/2/3 figure (except McFett) plus any army builder clone/trooper. Pegs are over-flowing with figures that should have been out 2 months ago. There is no room for Wave 4 if it were to show up.

starwarsdaddy
08-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Amazing. After months and months of never finding anything new at the Laurel, MD Wal Mart, I stumbled upon the remnants of the new Saga Legends wave today. I picked up 2 of the Sandtroopers and left Leia Boussh, Darth Vader (Anakin), Saesee Tiin and 501st Legion Trooper.

Did you know that the Sandtrooper picture used on the front of the new card is of a local 501st Old Line Garrison member? Of course, Hasbro/LFL just snatched his picture from his personal website without asking, but he thinks it's still pretty cool!

1zzy
08-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Is it Mike?

starwarsdaddy
08-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Yep, it's Mike. I'm packing up one of his Sandtroopers to mail to him for his autograph.

Glassman6
08-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Grabbed all 3 comic packs at columbia target. Pegs full of wave 2 and 3. I did my part to free some space and grabbed a couple more stormies. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anakin21
08-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Its raining Stormtroopers - thats for sure. Saw tons on the pegs at Target and TRU today.

Also saw the new MR FFx Yoda and Vader sabers at TRU.

No new basics though, and still haven't seen a single McQ figure on the pegs.

Flacksguy
08-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Got my Wave 4 today in the mail from another scummer.
He was one of those who bought all 4 revision cases to complete the UGH set, so I bought some of the extras. One each of Wave 4, plus a Vader w/Obi-Wan cloak at a discount.

1zzy
08-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Found one set of the newest Galactic Heroes at the Mt. Airy Walmart again. My buddy Tim took two of the sets and didn't want the Han/Logray and Death Star Trooper/Imperial Officer sets. The packaging isn't mint as there is small creases in each corner of the H/L and the middle of the other one has an indentation going across the face horizontally - otherwise they are perfect for openers.

If anybody close enough wants them, they can have them at cost. I work in Ft. Meade and could meet up with someone during the day, otherwise I will just return them to Walmart tomorrow for a refund.

Glassman6
08-17-2007, 08:02 AM
Nothing new at columbia wal mart, still a ghost-town in the toy isle. Columbia target had leftovers of the comic packs and LOTS of wave3. I got a e-mail saying my wave 4 shipped from EE. I ordered it back in may or june.

BlueLeader
08-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Glassman which wave 4 case did you order, an UGH revision case? I went by WM on 1 in Alexandria this am and was shocked to find and grab a McQ Stormie among the dozens of SAGA Vaders, Rep's, and C3's. Otherwise nothing new.

jedisquared
08-17-2007, 01:16 PM
North Glen Burnie WalMart had AT-AP Titanium wave in hanging dump display, Catonsville RTe. 40 WalMart had all of Saga Legends wave 2...lots of 501st & Sandtroopers.

JediWalsh
08-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Picked up some 501st, a "Mike Harrison" Sandtrooper, and the red Battle Droids 2-pack. As of 4:30 PM, (1) 501st, (1) Red Battle Droid, and (1) crumpled sandtrooper left.

Glassman6
08-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Glassman which wave 4 case did you order,

This one (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87500D)

jedisquared
08-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Hasbro merchandisers put out Saga Legends wave 2 earlier today at north Glen Burnie WalMart. They had sandtroopers, but no 501st.

MaddysDaddy
08-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Picked up all the new Galactic Heroes today at the Carroll Island Wal-Mart. Duros and Garindan, DS Trooper and Imp officer , At-At Commander and At At Driver, Padme and Anakin, Han and Logray, and Obi-Wan and Jango.

Later Jay

vadarthdad
08-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Couldn't believe my eyes today - at WM this AM there were 9 cases of TAC Wave 2 Revision 2 !!!! NINE!!!! (FYI - 1 McTrooper, 1 McFett per case) and 1 case of Wave 1 revision ? on a pallet. These pegs are already filled with TAC (W1/2/3) and some W1 SL - the last thing I wanted to see were more of these! The pegs were so crowded with figs (estimate 4-6 cases worth already, and have been for 2 weeks, with virtually no movement), they took all 10 cases and wheeled them into the back, as there was no room for any more figures before these arrived! I'm thinking of waiting 3 more months before Wave 4 hits the pegs at this WM!

On a related subject, I'd love to talk to the person who gets there the night before and goes through these cases....are they a collector, or scalper? What are are they looking for? The last 3 times I found 6AM cases on a pallet, many were already gone through and some items missing - but not all - typically 1-2 of the more desired figs. Anyone know when the typical truck arrives and when they leave the pallet in the middle of the toy isle? Maybe it's a worker, but my guess is they unload a truck sometime between 8PM and 12PM? closing, and the night-crew then re-stocks the shelves off these pallets, and brings what doesn't fit into the stockroom. I'm guessing someone hits before the night-crew arrives, but while the store is still open? Again, I don't think they are a scalper, as it looks like they just went through 1 case and possibly took the McFett/McTrooper (this AM), but other cases were still intact. Previously, they took 1 McChewie but left 1, then they took 1 shock trooper but left Maul.

Flacksguy
08-21-2007, 07:47 PM
That sucks darthdad. I know how you feel though, it's happened to me many times. And every time I think my store will never get any new figures in, they surprise me and sell through the crap and clear it out.
....I'll probably see the same thing this week.

Regarding the guy who goes through the cases, it's probably just a collector who works there. I bet if you casually ask one of the ladies who work in the toy section "Hey, you guys have a collector who works here don't you?" you'll get your answer.

You DO make friends with the ladies in the toy section, DON'T you???? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jedisquared
08-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Columbia TRU had some new Saga Legends(no Sandie); alot of TAC wave 3. Columbia WalMart isn't even worth mentioning. Both south(on pallets) & north(on shelf) Glen Burnie WalMarts had new GH wave, as well as wave 3(all there) comic two-packs.

acave
08-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Woodstock Walmart got Wave 2 of Legends and wave 3 of comic packs.

BlueLeader
08-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Went to TRU in WB with the family after stuffing our bellies with some great food at Smokey Bones http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif Nothing new except Anakin's Jedi Starfighter and the Republic Gunship Ultra Titanium's of which I bought both. When I first walked down the Star Wars isle I looked at the Starighter and put it in the cart right away but when I looked at the only Gunship the front logo had been torn on one side so I put it back and wasn't going to buy it. When I was leaving the isle another guy walked up looking at the SW stuff. Well I walked around some more with the family and in a few minutes I saw that guy walk buy and he had a Gunship in his hands. So a few minutes later I walked back down the SW isle and there sat another Gunship in mint condition so I grabbed it up and now it's part of my collection http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif Don't know where it came from as I was in that area and never saw a worker in there to stock it? Otherwise, I know the market is saturated around here when SL Shock Trooper's are starting to pegwarm http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Flacksguy
08-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Got some more VTAC in the mail today.
Thanks Anakin21.

vadarthdad
08-22-2007, 08:40 PM
The "other" WM by me stocked 3 case of SL W2. Grabbed 2 of the 3 Bobas and left everything else (3 dirty sandtroopers, 3 501st clones, etc.)

hbk1313
08-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Picked up McQuarrie Concept Chewie at Target in White Marsh. Left one on the pegs for the next collector.

Glassman6
08-23-2007, 09:09 AM
My wave4 case arrived from EE yesterday, i havnet had the chance to go through it cause my parents came over to see the grandkids. After that i had some customs to work on. Hopefully tonight.

MaddysDaddy
08-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Picked all 3 Wave 3 Comic packs finally at the Aberdeen Wal-Mart.
Later Jay

jedisquared
08-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks to a tip from a fellow collector(Thanks Dave!)...I was able to p/u Umpass, ROTJ Luke & pig-faced alien from north Glen Burnie WalMart. Arundel Mills also got in wave 4 case yesterday & sold out.

Flacksguy
08-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Legends Boba Fett today from TRU thanks to Jedi Ryan. That was the only figure I wanted from that wave. Plus a second Elis Helrot from Wal-Mart ( I really like that figure for some reason.)
And I got another VTAC coin set in the mail.

jedisquared
08-24-2007, 04:06 AM
Catonsville WalMart behind Superfresh on Rte. 40 is choked, and I mean choked with Saga Legends wave 2...multiples of each including Fett, Destroyer Droid, Chewie, etc.

jedisquared
08-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Columbia WalMart: done MOD reset but "higher-ups" standing in the toy dept. said all new stuff is in trailers & God knows when it'll put out. OK! Columbia Target had TAC wave 3 & same ol' Saga Legends. Glen Burnie north Target had new Death Star Encounter Unleashed BP's. GLen Burnie North WalMart: got Animated Boba Fett(yes!) & Elis H. No gold chase figs.) from wave 4. Glen Burnie TRU also done reset: nuthin' from wave 4; did have Darth Mauls & Red Shockies from SL wave 1. Happy hunting!

SlackTrooper
08-24-2007, 01:09 PM
I picked up the remnants of Wave 4 at Wal-Mart in Kingstown, so they are starting to hit in this area. There were a few Luke with bones left after I picked up Umpass-Stay and M'iiyoom Onith. Elis Helrot, Animated Boba, CZ-4, and McVader were long gone by the time I got there.

jedisquared
08-24-2007, 03:37 PM
It may have even been the Wave 4 Revision 4 case assortment that doesn't even have McVader or CZ-4.

DarthSmittyous
08-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Today was the first chance I had to do some figure hunting in about three weeks. The WM near Potomac Mills must have got a truck load of figures. An entire end cap was full of figures from Wave 4 and SL Wave 2. I NEVER see that many figures at that WM (except for around the movie releases). I picked up an Animated Boba, a SL Boba, and a SL Sandtrooper. There were several of each still there. I really want the McQuarrie Vader, but I only saw one McQuarrie figure and that was Boba. Even with all of those figures, I did not see a single UGH figure... kind of surprising. I have to ask, what is so great about CZ-4?

I thought the Dumfries WM would have had a similar amount of figures, but they didn't have anything new. The Kingstowne WM had the new Luke and maybe one or two other Wave 4 figures, but again the figure assortment was just a fraction of the Potomac Mills WM. The Kingstowne TRU had some of the new comic packs.

So three figures may not be a major score, but I was actually surprised to find the Animated Boba so easily.

SlackTrooper
08-24-2007, 06:31 PM
It may have even been the Wave 4 Revision 4 case assortment that doesn't even have McVader or CZ-4.

I think you are right sir.

Jedi_ryan73
08-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Was glad to help you Flacksguy, anytime. I'll keep you posted to when the Y-wing fighter arrives. Thus, I wanted to mention that, with the help of some friends, I obtained some of wave four. No CZ-4 or MCvader. Im sure I'll see them soon.

MaddysDaddy
08-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Was able to score Umpass, Luke,m'iiyoom, and Elis Helrot today at all places but the Golden Ring Wal-Mart. Somebody beat me to the others.

Later Jay

VeryLaZ
08-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Had seem there as well at Golden Ring, I came across the box of them and it was opened the night before, with all the figs taken out but those you found.

ywlowe
08-26-2007, 12:56 AM
I was at the TRU in North Glen Burnie. They have the pricing signs up for the new Y Wing fighter... Shouldn't be too long before they are in stock. No new figures. Just TAC waves 1-3 and Saga Legend wave 1.

Also, pick up the new Lego Sets (Republic Cruiser and Hoth Rebel Base) if any one collecta the Star Wars lego sets.

Glassman6
08-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Skipped wally, as i have given up on them. Columbia target still has pegs full of wave3, no room for 4. Is wave 4 showing up at any targets or is it just Wal-mart and TRU so far???

Flacksguy
08-27-2007, 10:46 AM
I thought I read somewhere that they just started showing up in CA.

Glassman6
08-27-2007, 11:33 AM
I thought I read somewhere that they just started showing up in CA.

Didnt you grab some already? I thought i read where you found them at wal mart.

Never mind, i get it showing up at target in CA... DUH me!

One more edit, I got my Concept Yoda and Kenobi from HAsbroToyshop today. Actually it came friday, cause I had it sent to my office and we lost power in the building friday so we were sent home at noon, and it was sitting here since Firday afternoon.

jedisquared
08-27-2007, 01:26 PM
North Glen Burnie Target had new Galactic Heroes & Wave 3 comic two-packs out today.

jedisquared
08-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Hit Columbia, Glen Burnie, Arundel Mills, Catonsville, Ellicott City & Laurel...and turned up zip.

Glassman6
08-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Dang Jedi, you must have had the day off.
I skipped columbia this morning for fear there would be nothing...
Germantown target had remnants of Galactic Heroes. I got the at-at driver.

Anakin21
08-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Got most of SL Wave 2 today at Target - no Destroyer Droid, Fett or Sandtrooper though.

Also got my Hasbro Toy Shop McQ Yoda/Obi Wan in the mail today.

This breaks a pretty long retail drought for me.

Anakin21
08-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Seriously, its raining Clones. Anywhere SL W.2 has hit, the pegs are chock full of clones and Stormies left over from W.2. Im not kidding, I counted 27 clones (various types) on the pegs at Target this morning.

Im hoping the past holds true and they move quickly to make room for later waves. No Sandies though.

RS homepage says McQ Chewie is "the easiest McQ figure to find". I don't know what they're smoking.

Belated thanks to Flacks for hooking me up w/ a McQ Chewie in a trade!

Glassman6
08-29-2007, 09:18 AM
I guess i'll be getting the galactic heroes one by one.
I got the imperial officer pack today at columbia target.
Thats 2 out of 4.

jedisquared
08-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Good news: Glen Burnie TRU stocked bigtime! Bad news: it was all wave 3...there were literally 4 or 5 McQ. concept Chewies just sittin' out at 1:30 this pm. Also had new GH wave. No Y-wing or Tie INT. yet.

Flacksguy
08-29-2007, 03:17 PM
First day of school here in Virginia, sent my youngest off to K http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif, so now they're both in the same school. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No Y-Wing or TIE at my TRU either. Was really hoping to find these because I already have the pilots sold.
Every trace of wave 4 that was at Wal-Mart last week is gone, the Hasbro rep was there this morning too, but she didn't have anything.

...did find the elusive Transformers Bumbleebee Concept Camaro though.

VeryLaZ
08-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Found a good amount of Wave 4 UGS's today at my local Wal Mart, only took one UGH Animated Fett and one UGH Chewie, left the rest of Wave 4 and what seemed to be about three cases of Wave 4 UGS figs on the pegs...

[img=http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/1092/dscf0001ym9.th.jpg] (http://img480.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0001ym9.jpg)

jedisquared
08-30-2007, 04:08 AM
...it doesn't really help us if you don't post where???

Glassman6
08-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Like i figured, got the rest of galactic heroes wave at columbia target. They are full of wave 3 that isnt going anywhere, so i figure they wont get wave 4 for another month.

Walmart, has rearranged the toy isles and guess what, they put out... NOTHING! Just rows of empty pegs.

jedisquared
08-30-2007, 12:49 PM
...yeah, a store mgr., no less, told me it was all in trailers. North GB Target restocked "Death Star Encounter" Unleashed BP's.

VeryLaZ
08-30-2007, 05:31 PM
oops, sorry!

It was the Abingdon Wal Mart in Harford County!

vadarthdad
08-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Do reverse acquisitions count? I returned a bunch of case filler figures today that came in two Wave 4 cases I purchased from NFC, plus a bunch of Airborne and Galactic Marine's that I thought would be impossible to find (having hopes of army building). My Target receipts were expiring today and tomorrow, so I had to make a quick move - sorry for not posting here, but you guys probably don't need any of these, either.... I had hoped to do this at a Target not near me, as it is only hurting me finding W4/5, but no luck - I screwed myself, but spread them over both my local Targets to minimize my impact....then again, they haven't had a new figure in either of them in 3 months....plus the WM has those 10 cases of TAC Wave 2 still in back....

If only I was making a trip to Winchester and the MIL's....that would get them far enough away to not hurt.... sorry Flacks!

Flacksguy
08-30-2007, 08:49 PM
I actually did something similar last time we went to my in-laws in North Carolina.
I bought about 20 Greatest Hits C-3PO's from my local WM, and returned them at this dumpy WM in N.C.
Those old folks down there probably never saw that many 3PO's in their lives.
Everybody wins!

Anakin21
08-31-2007, 09:34 AM
Picked up the Wave 3 comic packs today at Target.

Saw some 25th Anniversary GI Joes too - pretty cool actually. Has anyone seen what the boxed sets of those are going for on EBay - its crazy! I've those sets at retail too - which makes it tempting to try and flip them - but my good conscience keeps me from doing it.

Glassman6
08-31-2007, 12:19 PM
shame on you VaDarthDad and Flacks!

I thought of doing the same thing at the target near me cause i got too many rebel honor guards, but i dont want to fill the pegs with any more unwanted figs as there are enough there already. And i figure it would just be evil to do it at another store cause i would be jamming up some poor collector that frequents there. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Other than that, nothing new at columbia target or rio target this morning.
Hopefully the pegs will get emptied this weekend and make room for new figures.

Anikin, i got those joe figs and the box sets and they are nice. Takes me back.

MaddysDaddy
08-31-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey i hate to call anyone out on here, but The Abingdon Wal-Mart did not have 4 cases of wave 4 VeryLaz, because a. they only have 8 pegs and six of them are full of Saga 2, and B. My aunt Sandy runs the toy department there and gives me the heads up on any thing that goes thru there. Do me a favor and show me a receipt, because my aunt is very curious about how product makes it to the floor without her knowing. Considering I was there at close the night before and at open that day you found the Jackpot. I think i would of noticed 4 cases worth , If not I she would considering she works there.

Thanks Jason

VeryLaZ
08-31-2007, 07:10 PM
I ment to type Aberdeen Wal Mart, I keep calling the one in Abingdon, Aberdeen and vice versa!

Sorry bout the confusion MaddysDaddy! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif Please dont hate me!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MaddysDaddy
09-01-2007, 01:24 PM
No not at all, just when i saw Abingdon I was like what the hell did i Miss?.....lol. oh well on with the hunt

Later Jay

Anakin21
09-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Saw the Y-Wing and TIE Interceptor at TRU today. Otherwise, same stuff.

MaddysDaddy
09-02-2007, 04:53 PM
My wife and daughter scored the Y-Wing and Interceptor, plus a UGH McChewie somebody left laying up by the front register, that my 4 year old spotted. They found them at the BelAir TRU.

Later Jason

vadarthdad
09-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Manassas TRU - Got the LEGO Hoth set, an Umpass, an Animated Fett (looks like Wave 4 must have hit in the past few days there....) and planning on getting the Y-wing tomorrow.

jedisquared
09-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Glen Burnie TRU had all of TAC wave 4.4 'cept Boba Fett & all gold coin chasers; also had Y-wing & Tie Int. North Glen Burnie WalMart had old Jedi vs. Sith & Sidious vs. Jedi BP's in new TAC packaging.Catonsville TRU had MR lightsabers & display out in SW section.

BlueLeader
09-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Got an Interceptor MIMB today at TRU in WB, but they were sold out of Y's. No new basic figs or anything else. The Interceptor was up on top of the shelf so I got one of the guys to grab a ladder and get it down for me and turns out there was 2 of them and he kept one for his kids...he said. He said the Y's sold out the morning they were put on the shelf. Hopefully more will hit the shelves soon.

acave
09-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Picked up Elite Tie and part of wave 4 thanks Flacks.

Flacksguy
09-04-2007, 07:35 PM
..and thanks to you for the heads up about the TIE.

Clones
09-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Hello, not from VA, but I was on vacation here and...

Prime Outlets (Williamsburg) KayBee had about six-ten of AOTC Saga Legends Clones. About the same amount of ROTS troops. Also had a Maul, 3P0 with BD head, Vader, and a Galactic Marine. Beneath that were some Dagobah and Tantative IV packs (at least I'm sure that's what they were). If anyone needs vader and 501st clone trooepr masks for costumes,they have them here too. I stashed two clone troopers in a different aisle yesterday, because I had no money on hand, came back today with money and they were there! So I got one AOTC clone.

jedisquared
09-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Catonsville TRU had Y-wings out today, Glen Burnie TRU sold out, but still had some wave 4 remnants & TIE INT.

DARTHJOSEPH
09-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Got an Interceptor MIMB today at TRU in WB

Just for a laugh...how exactly can you mint collectors tell that the toy inside is mint. It could be missing parts, be bent or otherwise damaged.

It seems the great paradox is this: How can you tell the inside is mint without de-minting the box. IMPOSSIBLE I tells ya! OR are you going to admit you are just guessing the toy is actually mint??? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BlueLeader
09-05-2007, 05:49 PM
How else, MRI, XRays, sonic and thermal imaging, and ESP http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anakin21
09-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Picked a SL Chewie - also saw some YWings at TRU.

More impressively - Fair Oaks TRU had Wii's in stock!

Glassman6
09-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Zip in columbia target today and yesterday.
Wave 3 and legends filling the pegs.

It looks like i missed the new JLU 3packs also... That really hurts! I need the Big Barda pack, and the Star saphire pack... let me know if you see them.

starwarsdaddy
09-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Found Wave 4 Luke and Fett plus the TIE Interceptor and Y-Wing at the Rockville TRU. The only "new" figure left on the multitude of stocked pegs was a McChewie. There was at least 1 Y-Wing and 2 TIEs left at 2PM.

Flacksguy
09-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Got tired of running around the world and not finding a Y-Wing, so I just went ahead and ordered one from TRU.com.

I also pre-ordered a case of Wave 5 from BigBadToyStore. It works out to about a dollar fifty more than retail per figure, but at least I won't go crazy looking for them. I'll see how it works out for me, then deceide if I'll order Wave 6. Between the terrible distrubution of TAC this year, and the pretty decent case breakdown of W6, I figured I'd give it a try. The great thing is, I'll get my opener McQuarrie Vader in that case along with the new figs.

BlueLeader
09-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Well I finally found a Y, 4 actually at WB TRU, and dang it if they hadn't raised the price to $34.99 so http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif and http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anakin21
09-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Wasn't sure if you guys were aware of this exhibit up in Baltimore that ends Sept. 15.

http://www.geppismuseum.com/default.asp?sid=pr_feature

I also didnt know about the "appointment only" Star Wars toy museum the article refers to that is also in Baltimore.

jedisquared
09-08-2007, 06:44 AM
...you guys are welcome in my basement any time...for free! Maddy's Daddy...you have a pm.

jedisquared
09-10-2007, 03:57 AM
...just got my order in for Wu Concept General Grievous over at StarWarsShop.com. Showing as "out of stock" at the moment, but you can order.

JEDITOMKATT
09-10-2007, 12:38 PM
picked up the y-wing and the tie at Bel AIR Toys R us. Just order the Grievous as well

vadarthdad
09-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Tired. Tired of the daily hunt and finding nothing. No Wave 4. No UGH. WM has nothing (except for those 10 cases of Wave 1/2 that are still in the back....) Target has nothing. Saw part of Wave 4 at TRU, but no McVader. Now Wave 5 is hitting. WTF. Don't answer, just venting. Anyone see a (or 4) Fan's Choice stormtrooper with orange pauldron yet?

DARTHJOSEPH
09-10-2007, 04:29 PM
I haven't seem much of anything. 3 comic packs and the Y-Wing @ RUS. That's been it. I haven't seen anything since wave 3 and the 1st wave or repacks. Ah...the joys of midsummer. Don't forget we're only 8 or 9 weeks until the big Holiday season, you know the only time of the year that stores and toy companies really care that you can find stuff! And incidentaly the time of the year I have NO patience to figure hunt. Stupid X-Mas! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anakin21
09-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Still haven't seen a single Sandtrooper, Destroyer Droid or Fett from the Legends W2. And havent even come across Wave 4 remnants let alone the whole wave. Its been pretty slim pickings on those specific items - otherwise the shelves/pegs are pretty well stocked overall.

I think this is the problem with what is increasingly becoming a "collectors" market. The collector gems get sold right away - and the rest of the stuff geared towards the kids (in an off movie/series year) sits there. The result is that product isnt moving as fast meaning fewer collector item finds.

I agree w/ DarthJ - the next few months should see some movement - but like him i HATE hunting during the holiday blitz.

vadarthdad
09-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Bought some bags of Darth Vader helmets filled with candy for halloween - a little pricey - Target - $7.99 for 25. I'll just make sure I give them out to only the kids in Star Wars costumes!
Saw SLW2 at the same Target - it's been hard to find, too, but passed on all. Went back and checked and saw the note that projected SLW3 to be on the shelf in July and SLW4 to be mid-August. I'm sure you guys have all of these figs, right, since it's approaching mid-Sept!

vadarthdad
09-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Dirty Sandtrooper, Fett, and Destroyer Droid were at one of my local Targets this afternoon. Cards were bent - like the whole box was damaged - on most from this case - entire right edge was signficantly warped - great for openers, so they might stick around on the pegs....

I actually like hunting now that kids are back in school - better chance to find stuff, including the college kid scalpers, etc. are all gone...

Flacksguy
09-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Tired of the daily hunt and finding nothing.

That's why I went ahead and ordered a case of wave 5 online. Distribution has been TERRIBLE this year.
..and I'll probably do the same with wave 6.

Ordered the Y-Wing on Thursday from TRU.com, so that should be here any day now, and ordered the concept Grievous from SWS.com, and also got a Super Battle Droid in the mail from a trade.

BlueLeader
09-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Just got back from TRU in WB and they put out 3 cases of Wave 4 UGH Rev with McQ Chewy (No UGH Boba seen) and new GH 2 packs as well. In just the few minutes I was there two different ladies grabbed up some of the GH 2 packs and one had a little boy with her and she got some Wave 4 basics but no UGH. I got two UGH Airborne and left the rest. I also ordered the General G concept from SWS and the Unleashed ARC Heavy Gunner from EE. My daughter and I opened up Umpass, Miiyoom, and Elis and she is having a great time playing with the drum and cantina bar pieces. In fact she grabbed them up and had them put together before I could get the figures completely out of the packages. And to think, I opened them with her so she could put the coins in the album as we've done with the rest, but the coins are still sitting on my desk http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Flacksguy
09-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Got my Y-Wing in the mail today.
Looks awesome, this and last year's X-Wing are probably the two best looking boxed vehicles ever. Almost makes me want to keep one of each in the package.

vadarthdad
09-11-2007, 03:42 PM
TRU is the place to be today! Mine just got 2 cases of Wave 4 UGH, too! Don't know how long they were there, other than they all were still sitting out - front ones on the pegs, so I grabbed all 6 - 2 Airborne, 2 Holiday Fett, 2 McChewies. I'm willing to trade my extra 1 of each UGH Wave 4 for Wave 3 UGH (McFett, Vader, Biggs), if anyone has an extra set of those.

Anakin21
09-12-2007, 11:13 AM
The TRU I hit didnt have any W4 but was incredibly well stocked overall - it had basics on an end cap, in the regular spot, and at the front of the aisle on stand alone pegs. I counted 20+ TIE interceptors and 8 Y-wings and a ton of Bantha packs.

They also had alot of the TRU GH exclusives Battle of Hoth and Naboo.

Was quite a sight - except for the standard basic figs from Waves 1, 2 and 3 and some SL remnants.

jedisquared
09-12-2007, 01:03 PM
I fared better at Glen Burnie TRU...they just put out 1 case of wave 4.4 around 11:30, so I finally scored all 3 UGH(1st I've found any at retail.

acave
09-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Email from StarWarsShop advising me they sent my Concept Grevious

Jedi_ryan73
09-12-2007, 10:00 PM
I lucked out tonight. I went to wal mart and picked up wave 5. They look very nice. Keep your eyes open fellas. Im still trying to find CZ-3 or CZ-4 What ever his name is.

starwarsdaddy
09-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Last night I hit the Bowie Wal Mart and Target, Crofton K-Mart and Laurel Wal Mart--nothing new at any of them.

Laurel Wal Mart had 6 pallets out but everything appeared to be Spiderman and Transformers.

Glassman6
09-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Well, by now you should know how dismal columbia wally is, but this morning, I found Most of wave 5. Yes 5, i havnet seen wave 4 in stores yet, but today, They had all of wave 5 except Raven, Hermi and Starkiller. They also had Remnats of wave 4. So I'm thinking it was some sort of revision case.. Cause i cant see someone taking Raven and not malak.

I then stopped at wally in germantown and picked up Hermi and Raven. So i only need starkiller from wave 5 now.

So get to your area wallys today!

jedisquared
09-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Yes...WalMart is the place to check(esp. in VA). Sorry starwarsdaddy, you were a day late. I scored all 9 wave 5 plus a concept Vader from wave 4 at Bowie WalMart. Left 3 UGH gold coiners there I already had(not going to be greedy cause I wasn't really going to be looking for UGH). I also heard of wave 5 being found in Charlotte, VA.

Anakin21
09-13-2007, 02:55 PM
lol - well not ALL of VA. The WM by me restocked - but with about 10 cases of SL Wave 2 - which was fine b/c I still needed some figures from that wave anyhow. So I finally got my Fett, Destroyer Droid and Sandtrooper (only saw dirty ones)

There was a lone Luke w/ bone so I think there may have been at least 1 case of W4 or W5 - but they were all gone by the time I got there - and I had found W4 remnants at TRU last night, one of which was of course the same Luke w/ bone. So it goes!

Flacksguy
09-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Even though I have a case on order, I went out looking for a Hermi Odle. That's one of the figures I've been waiting all year for. I was happy to find one at Wal-Mart today, along with part of wave 5. I think I must have found the same revision case as Glassman. There was no Reven, but there WAS a Malak. And there was no McQuarrie figures, but there WERE UGH's. So I think we got one case of wave 4 rev 4, and one case of what ever the Wave 5 revision is.
Pretty dumb to leave out 2 of the most wanted figures in favor of 2 Yodas.
Between 2 Wal-Marts today, I've seen 6 Yodas & 4 3PO's.
They're out for one day and they're already pegwarming.

Oh, and this Wal-Mart had about 6 Treachery on Saluecami sets out. Odd...must have found a couple cases hidden in the back.

SlackTrooper
09-13-2007, 06:37 PM
I've seen a lot of Wave 2 and 3 Comic packs popping up at Target and KB. Target and Bailey's Crossraods, Potomac Yard, and the KB in Springfield had a bunch of these.

I finally picked up a Obi-Wan/Alpha pack, and it is my favorite so far, well worth the $9.99.

acave
09-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Walmart in Woodstock got wave 2 TAC with no concepts and was 2 of legends.

Anakin21
09-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Well I finally lucked out! Found all of Wave 4 at TRU today as well as 3 UGH figures, which I bought to keep as trades since Im firmly not collecting UGH this time around.

Now its on to trying to find Wave 5.

Glassman6
09-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Found another malak today at germantown wally.
I guess i just keep missing starkiller.

I'll trade malak for raven or starkiller(doesnt matter what condition the card is in, i'm opening it)

DARTHJOSEPH
09-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Well I finally lucked out! Found all of Wave 4 at TRU today

Hey Anakin21...was this the Kingstowne TRU??? If so I picked up your leavin's...Umpass, Luke & M'iiyoom.
Stil a few of those 3 left as of 12:00 pm.

acave
09-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Pick up a couple figures from wave 5, nothing good. Got a UGH Chewie and Airborne, Y-Wing and finally got a TF G1 Ultra Magnus.

Glassman6
09-14-2007, 01:51 PM
G-burg TRU has the Y-wing x3.
I contemplated getting one, but i then saw how many Luke x-wings were still on the shelves and figured i'd see it again later. I really just want the figures.

Anakin21
09-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Sure was DarthJ - found them up in the storage bins - there were 4 cases of Wave 4 - but only one still had UGH in them. Someone had beat me to the punch...was pretty shocked there were still 3 UGH in there.

vadarthdad
09-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Nothing at WM (2x), Target (2x), or TRU since Wed. UGH finds at TRU. (All Manassas area). Went to KB and KM on a whim and they were as crappy as usual. There are still leavings of Wave 4 in TRU - Never saw any Vader, CZ, etc. but some Cantina guys and 1 Umpass as of around noon. No signs of any of W4 (or 5) anywhere else - even WM (2x).

Jedi_ryan73
09-14-2007, 10:12 PM
I am still looking for CZ - 4 Does anyone have an extra noe to sell? Let me know thanks. I really dont like the fact that Hasbro is dividing the waves. It's making it hard to find the figures. shesh

Johnny5
09-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Good to see some people are finding things. I've been hitting stores for the last few weeks early in the morning and late at night and the newest thing I've found all week is a Wave 4 Luke http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'll be out wasting time tommorow morning to.

jedisquared
09-15-2007, 04:23 AM
Jedi ryan, CZ-4 has not been in any of the current waves shipping to retail. Your best bet is to order online from a dealer or on ebay...until Hasbro catches up with the distribution headaches that were wave 4. McQuarrie concept Vader is starting to show up where people have been finding wave 5.

Jedi_ryan73
09-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Oh I see. Thanks for the info. I was getting a little frustrated having a hard time finding CZ-4. I think its crazy for Hasbro to split a wave. It's much easier to just have all the characters in that wave. I hope when wave 6 comes out, Hasbro doenst do that again http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

VeryLaZ
09-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Boscos Dept. store in White Marsh Mall had one, ( a CZ-4)
amongst others of wave 4 sitting on the pegs in the toy dept.

Glassman6
09-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Colombia target filled the pegs today with, saga legends and wave 3 http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Which means it will be 3 more weeks or more till the pegs clear so a month before i can hope to find something new!

2 tac stormtroopers and a rots padme are the bounty that is Columbia wal-mart.

1zzy
09-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Had to hit Annapolis today to deposit a check and stopped at TRU. Grabbed UGH Chewie and UGH Airborner Trooper along with an Animated Fett.

Decided to hit Columbia TRU after work and returned the Luke w/Bone, Drummer Guy, Miill... alien and the Scream alien after finding out my neighbor already had them - so one of each is back there.

Both TRUs had Tie Interceptors and the Annapolis one had Y-Wings if anyone cares...

BlueLeader
09-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Found a Darth Malak and bent card Yoda from wave 5 at WM today and nothin else. Guess I won't be canceling my EE Wave 5 case order. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ywlowe
09-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Any one interested, I just picked up a yellow AOTC Clone Trooper, Clone Commander, Red Pit Droids, and a Dark Tropper (already sold out) at hasbrotoyshop.com. They also have several other figures.

Flacksguy
09-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Got Concept Grievous in the mail today from SWS.

vadarthdad
09-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Me too. Plus I got the TRU wheel - bigger than I thought. My son went to sleep with it! They had a sign buy $15 worth of SW, get it free. I told the lady (who recognizes me from my frequent visits) that I spent over $15 in SW on the weekend - does that count? And she gave me the disk for free!

jedisquared
09-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Me three. Concept Wu rocks!

Flacksguy
09-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Got a MOMC Starkiller in the mail today from a trade with another scummer.

acave
09-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Got a Y-wing in the mail and 2 concept grevious today.

vadarthdad
09-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Thought I hit the mother-load this PM at WM....then I realized they had 15 case of overstock TAC W2R5, W1R1, and Legends W2. I counted and then re-counted cases after cases on pallets, checking the markings...Finally a stocklady came up to me and asked if I was looking for a particular figure...I said yes, one released this month not back in February...she said that this was all of their overstock that was in the back and it needed to go out on the pegs. I said "But your pegs are already full." She shrugged her shoulders and said that it's getting closer to X-mas and people will buy them and explained that their registers are coded such that when someone buys enough figures, they will order more....

So, please go to Manssas Rt 66 Walmart and buy up these 15 cases of 6 month old figures so we can get even Wave 4, let alone 5 or 6!

Flacksguy
09-19-2007, 09:55 PM
4-LOM, Torture Rack Han & Smuggler Lando are in stock over at Amazon.com. No McQuarrie Snowtrooper or General McQuarrie though.

4-LOM (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000M69K44/ref=pd_luc_mri/104-1358969-3265543?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance)
Torture Rack Han (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000M69K3A/ref=pd_luc_mri/104-1358969-3265543?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance)
Smuggler Lando (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000M6B41Q/ref=pd_luc_mri/104-1358969-3265543?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance)

Shipping is free if you spend over 20 bucks.

Man, what an expensive September this is turning out to be.
Wave 4, Wave 5 now Wave 6
Legends Wave 2 & 3
UGH's
Concept Grievous
Y-Wing
TIE Interceptor

I'd say the drought of '07 is offically over.

Anakin21
09-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Got a Hermi Odle in the mail yesterday - many thanks Flacks.

Figures Amazon would have in stock the exact figures we'll be cursing as peg cloggers come Jan!

Darthdad - I feel bad but I did get a laugh at your last post - talk about a let down after seeing all those cases! I feel for ya man! The WM near me restocked with a bunch of the same. No W5 around my area.

I keep checking Kmart since I figure they're way overdue for some figures - but no luck. I hate that chain.

Glassman6
09-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Well after a week of nothing, I decided to pick up the 2 saga legends sandtroopers. Columbia target has got legens and wave 3 if anybody wants some figures.

Clones Stormies Vaders and Biggs galore!

starwarsdaddy
09-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Speaking of K-Marts--the store in Crofton had a McChewie and previous Saga wave on the pegs last night. And those were put out since last Wednesday night.

Glassman6
09-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Concept Chewie sat in Columbia target for 2 or 3 days this week.
The was one on the pegs in Rio Target this morning.

Got my Concept Grevious in the mail yesterday. Other than that, nothing to report. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jedisquared
09-21-2007, 01:38 PM
P/Ued a SW character wheel from Glen Burnie TRU. No new figs. anywhere.

Anakin21
09-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Funny you post that Glassman - I saw my first ever McQ figure on the pegs today - a McChewie at a Target here in NoVA. WM over here still has a TON of SL W2, lots of sandies just sitting there still. Otherwise, no sign of W5.

Flacksguy
09-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Yesterday I picked up a couple of AOTC clones and one ROTS clones at TRU's buy 2 get 1 sale.

Today I received some stuff in the mail from trades:
2 droids from the EE set
Wedge, Porkins, Aurra Sing, K-3PO, and the famous Kraft Mac & Cheese E.T. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SlackTrooper
09-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Picked up a Y-Wing at Toys R Us in Kingstown. I noticed they had a lot of AOTC and ROTS clones, as well as some airborn and galactic marine troopers. If anyone was trying to build up their armies, it would be a great time for that with the Buy 2 get 3rd free.

Also recieved my Legends Boba Fett and AOTC Yellow clone(whatever rank that is).

vadarthdad
09-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Missed McVader and McStarkiller this AM. Damn.

Flacksguy
09-25-2007, 08:07 PM
After saying that I wouldn't really be buying that many Saga Legends this year:
Got 5 Legends Clone Commanders in the mail from HTS
Bought 3 Legends Shocktroopers from TRU's Buy 2 Get 1 sale. Plus I returned the 3 Legends clones I bought on Sunday and re-bought them with the Shockies, in order to get the free wheel.

Anakin21
09-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Resorted to EE for Wave 5 - so I ordered that and the Elite Forces of the Republic exclusive. After shipping it came out to $6.53 per figure. Which in my book is a net savings since I'll save on gas and time by eliminating the hunt.

The next few waves of basics look like they'll be no problem to find, in fact may end up peg warming like most Hans, Landos and Rebel Generals do.

vadarthdad
09-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Found some new Wave 4R1 - Vader/CZ-4/UGH (GM, R2, Mace) at TRU at lunchtime today.

Flacksguy
09-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Got 4-LOM and Han with Torture Rack today in the mail from Amazon.
So, now I have 2 figures from wave 5 and 2 figures from wave 6. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

HTS has a pretty good coupon code this week, 25FALL gets you 25% off your order plus free shipping. Too bad they didn't have anything good. I ordered three more Shocktroopers though....after I said I would keep my ROTS Shockies and never switch to the SA. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pellaeon
09-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Found some new Wave 4R1 - Vader/CZ-4/UGH (GM, R2, Mace) at TRU at lunchtime today.

Congrats all I have been able to drag up is Wave 4R4. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jedisquared
09-27-2007, 01:41 PM
...as of right NOW, Brian's Toys has wave 6 in stock. Hurry!

BlueLeader
09-27-2007, 02:27 PM
...as of right NOW, Brian's Toys has wave 6 in stock. Hurry!

Yeah, at $10 each before shipping and handling http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif...No Thanks!
I bought two Vintage Snowtroopers and got 1 free today at TRU in Clinton. They also had all three UGH's from Rev 4, McQ Chewy, etc, and nothing else except troops and pegwarmers.

jedisquared
09-27-2007, 04:59 PM
I was too late to prebook from New Force. When you factor in all the gas & mileage(and there's still collectors waiting to complete wave 4) plus what a single concept McQ. figure goes for...in my estimation, it's not such a bad risk when you factor in how choked retail is right now with Saga Legends. I work during the day, and don't have the luxury to sit by the computer checking Hasbro Toy Shop & Amazon.com in the hope I'll get lucky. It is what it is-F.Y.I. info, which you can take advantage of or not. Frankly, I'm tired of reading reports essentially stating "I drove all over & found zip.". I'm not wasting a paragraph to do that. I'm trying to help my co=collectors save some gas. I would love to hear if anyone's got any other ideas...since Hasbro pretty much screwed the pooch on distribution for this year...and maybe beyond.

Anakin21
09-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Well I resorted to Entertainment Earth the other day to get Wave 5 - the fact I found nearly all Wave 4 + UGH (minus CZ-4) was a minor miracle since before that I was finding figures in ones and pairs at best.

Thanks for the heads up on the HTS code Flacks - was able to get the R2-KT for $7.50 - otherwise there was nothing else really worth getting - all the newest figures were long gone.

Now if only SWS would run a similar promo.

BlueLeader
09-28-2007, 06:35 AM
I often order by the case from EE...Guaranteed mint with the factory case shipped inside another box and all for $93.94 inc. shipping. That is $7.83 per figure. I will usually hold off on a preorder until I see what the revision cases will be like then order the one I want. I ordered the first release of Wave 5 which is expected to ship early Oct from EE. If I had missed out on preordering from EE then I would/do just wait until the figs hit the stores in quantity to buy. I've never paid more than EE's average price for a basic fig and never intend to.

Glassman6
09-28-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm offically calling wave 3 "the wave that wont go away!!!"
Columbia Target filled its pegs with Wave 3 again!!!

Hurry got get yourself a chewie!! Lots of stormies and clones still there too.

Jedi_ryan73
09-28-2007, 10:54 AM
I made a score. I finally got CZ-4 and Mcvader. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Now to get Reven and Starkiller and wave 6 is right around the corner!!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anakin21
09-28-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm offically calling wave 3 "the wave that wont go away!!!"

I'd like to add Waves 1 and 2 to that category as well. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Glassman6
09-28-2007, 12:22 PM
I made a score. I finally got CZ-4 and Mcvader. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

From where?

vadarthdad
09-28-2007, 07:09 PM
I hit the LEGO store at Potomac Mills this afternoon to grab a motorized AT-AT for my son's birthday next month. They are putting together the store's MAMMOTH Millenium Falcon. I wasn't that interrested on dropping $500 on a LEGO set, but this thing is probably the coolest LEGO set I've ever seen.... It is so big, however, that I'm not sure where we could put it, other than suspend it from the ceiling. It looked like they might have had 10% done. Worth stopping by and checking it out.

While in the area I did the round of the WM, TRU, and Target and was dissapointed - less new figs here than out by me.

vadarthdad
09-29-2007, 01:32 PM
If $7.49/figure for Wave 4/5 doesn't hurt, check your local Kohls. Stopped by the one and found:

McVader
Hermie Odie
3Cp0
Roron
Yoda/Kybuck
Revan
Malak
Grievous
McStarkiller

Grabbed the McVader, McStarkiller, C3P0, and Roron and left the others. The only catch is they are $9.99, but there is a 25% off sale, so they are down to $7.49. I'm going to hold them for a few days, as I hope to find them on sale elsewhere, but fat chance.

starwarsdaddy
09-29-2007, 02:01 PM
If you want to see the new LEGO Falcon really close-up...and probably even get to touch it...we plan to have one on display at the STAR WARS Roadshow #2 in Ashburn on Saturday, October the 13th.

Check it out. Everyone is invited to attend.

http://dcswcc.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=2

Glassman6
09-29-2007, 02:16 PM
If $7.49/figure for Wave 4/5 doesn't hurt, check your local Kohls.

Ya know its funny, when ROTS came out, Kohls was a good source for hard to finds... Since then, I've checked once or twice and always wonder if i should stop and see what they have.

Nice score.

Flacksguy
09-29-2007, 06:45 PM
If you want to see the new LEGO Falcon really close-up...and probably even get to touch it...we plan to have one on display at the STAR WARS Roadshow #2 in Ashburn on Saturday, October the 13th

Check it out. Everyone is invited to attend.

http://dcswcc.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=2

Hmmmm,
Ashburn huh? That's not too far for me. I'll have to check with the wife to see what we have going on that day.

Jedi_ryan73
09-29-2007, 07:27 PM
I got them at the Winchester Toys R Us, Glassman.

jedisquared
09-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Lots of SW exposure in Glen Burnie TRU...big section as you enetr with all exclusives, Lego & more wave 4 on endcap. I saw no less than 7-9 UGH gold coiners(wave 1). Arena beast set in reg SW sect., and at that price it may sit awhile.

Flacksguy
10-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Just got my Wave 5 from a scummer out in California. He orders cases online, but he only wants the coins and cardbacks, so we made a deal where I buy his loose figs for $5.00 each. Works out great for me, because I don't care about the coins anyway. I already have Waves 6, 7 & 8 lined up with him too.

Anakin21
10-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Checked up on some Kohls the last few days - no Wave 5. But did see several McChewies sitting there.

Glassman6
10-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Wave 3 back at columbia target. Get another Chewie while the gettings good!

Seriously, someone must be dumping all their extra figures at columbia target casue i cant see them still being sent wave 3 cases from hasbro, When 4 is over due 5 is due and 6 is poping up.

jedisquared
10-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Received wave 6 today from Brian's Toys 1 of every figure club at 7.99@. All caught up, but for how long.

Pellaeon
10-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Snagged the Wv 4.1 UGH set up at KB Toys Gburg, along with the McQ Vader and CZ4. Still havent been able to locate Wv5 aside from a 3P0 and Yoda for a buddy at Germantown WM a few weeks ago. Also havent seen any Wv 4.2 or Wv 4.3 UGH's yet.

vadarthdad
10-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Nothing new here. No WM, No TRU, No Target, No KB. Nothing. Still looking for UGH W4.3, W6, legends multi-colored clones, and cleaner stormtroopers (orange and white pauldron versions). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JediWalsh
10-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Snagged the Wv 4.1 UGH set up at KB Toys Gburg, along with the McQ Vader and CZ4. Still havent been able to locate Wv5 aside from a 3P0 and Yoda for a buddy at Germantown WM a few weeks ago. Also havent seen any Wv 4.2 or Wv 4.3 UGH's yet.

SO, how do the waves break down for UGHs?

Wave 4.1 = Airborne Trooper, McChewie, Holiday Fett
Wave 4.2 = ?
Wave 4.3 = ?

Flacksguy
10-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Revision 1=Galactic Marine, R2-D2, Mace Windu
Revision 2=Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, McQuarrie Stormtrooper
Revision 3=Biggs Darklighter, Darth Vader, McQuarrie Boba Fett
Revision 4=Airborne Trooper, Holiday Boba Fett, McQuarrie Chewbacca

Rev 4 is the one we've been finding all over the place.