Close please

Jack_Fauth
06-08-2007, 12:50 PM
dibs on a McQ fett, a reg stormie and 1 of each of the ROTS and AOTC coins
PM for payment details
Jack

darthjacen
06-08-2007, 12:56 PM
$4 each? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Is that a typo? Im not trying to be a jerk or anything im just giving the benefit of the doubt http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

devo73
06-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Don't like? Looking elsewhere might be better. Next time saving your two cents for something else might serve you better. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thanks for the purchase Jack.

GalacticHero
06-08-2007, 03:13 PM
I agree, $4 for a plastic coin is rediculous.

devo73
06-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Plastic coin? O-K

darthjacen
06-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah Galactic Hero, he's got you there, these ARE metal coins made out of the cheapest tin hasbro could aquire, NOT plastic... (like the material is the point here...) http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif as for selling them for $4, isnt that scalping since the figure cost $7 and the coin is essentially a free pack-in? I mean, great if someone will pay you that much i feel bad for them, thus far I've given mine away to fellow collectors. I guess maybe I should do like you and start a thread...

devo73
06-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Maybe you should- instead of making annoying comments on this thread. As for selling the coins there are many collectors collecting JUST the coins so therefore a market exists. Call it scalping or otherwise.... although everyone's a scalper to to so many on these forums. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jack_Fauth
06-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Yeah Galactic Hero, he's got you there, these ARE metal coins made out of the cheapest tin hasbro could aquire, NOT plastic... (like the material is the point here...) http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif as for selling them for $4, isnt that scalping since the figure cost $7 and the coin is essentially a free pack-in? I mean, great if someone will pay you that much i feel bad for them, thus far I've given mine away to fellow collectors. I guess maybe I should do like you and start a thread...

the fett coins are fetching more than the figure cost at retail, and if i wanted to buy any of the above coins on e-bay the would charge 2 or 3 bucks just for the shipping
If you don't like his prices Troll somewhere else. I don't collect the figures so this was a bargain to me
Thanks devo http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JediCKSL
06-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Not trying to be a pest, but actually, he is charging royal for it. We consider Brian's as a scalper, but their coins are only 2.99 (Except for McCoins), and thus yes, I'd consider it a high price. These pack ins should only go for a dollar or so since they're free with a figure.

John_A_Graham
06-08-2007, 10:29 PM
devo73 May I, Thank You....

The coins are $6.99 at retail and the figure that comes with them is an added bonus.

Please folks let the gentleman sell his coins as he sees fit. If the MOD's think that there is scalping going on then let them deal with it.

Otherwise please comment only if you're interested in purchasing the coins, it's only fair to the seller.

Remember you can always report the thread if you feel there is anything wrong with it.

-John

R1G4R3PO
06-08-2007, 11:09 PM
also have to consider usps shipping increases recently. he didn't say "shipping extra", btw pm sent in regards to movie coins

darthjacen
06-09-2007, 11:09 AM
also have to consider usps shipping increases recently. he didn't say "shipping extra", btw pm sent in regards to movie coins

Ok, so then my question Devo, is if I was to buy multiple coins would you lower the price per unit since you can ship 1 or 10 coins for relativly the same price?

GalacticHero
06-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Makes me wonder if he is one of those guys that's swiping the coins from the store, just to make a profit.

devo73
06-09-2007, 11:35 AM
I sold off 4 coins to Jack and charged him $1 shipping.
So does that answer your question?

Also GalacticHero are you insinuating that I'm stealing these coins? I wonder if you'd make the same insinuation when a keyboard and monitor didn't act as your safe haven.

Just a bunch of [censored] whiny, cry baby, [censored].
Maybe you need something constructive to do with your time other than these forums? I can send free of charge a tissue and vaseline if needed. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

darthjacen
06-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Wait... You mean to say that shipping ISNT included in the $4 and that you charged an additional $1 to ship 4 coins? Wow, any shred of sympathy you had from anyone yet to post on this topic just evaporated. Now on top of this you're becoming disturbingly angry, per your use of language... You ARE a scalper, and I sent a PM to a mod.

John_A_Grahm, no offense sir, but with the mentality that "you are paying for the coin not the figure" Im sure some equally inventive person though lacking integrity, could use that reasoning and say "I'm only buying the packaging, the figure is free, so I'll take the free figure from the store and leave the packaging behind." We all know hasbro isnt in the business of making coins (they even contract out to another company to make TAC coins) they are a toy company. The coins are a free pack-in please dont fool yourself into thinking otherwise...http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

devo73
06-09-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm shivering here in my undies (gingham boxers to be exact). Not sure where you were under the impression I was looking for sympathy at all.

I know where to find it in the dictionary if I'm looking.

As I said I'll ship free vaseline and tissues to you anytime.

BrettX209
06-09-2007, 02:28 PM
The coins are $6.99 at retail and the figure that comes with them is an added bonus.

yea, scalping or not, this is a weak argument.

John_A_Graham
06-09-2007, 05:51 PM
You ARE a scalper, and I sent a PM to a mod.

John_A_Grahm, no offense sir, but with the mentality that "you are paying for the coin not the figure" Im sure some equally inventive person though lacking integrity, could use that reasoning and say "I'm only buying the packaging, the figure is free, so I'll take the free figure from the store and leave the packaging behind." We all know hasbro isnt in the business of making coins (they even contract out to another company to make TAC coins) they are a toy company. The coins are a free pack-in please dont fool yourself into thinking otherwise...:(

WoW!! a pm to a mod and yet nothings been done yet, that's because neither of the MOD's for this forum have been on since June 02nd.

yea, scalping or not, this is a weak argument.

Boy you two are thick!!! You just don't get it do you???

You can't even pick up the slight scent of sarcasm can you?

In A,B,C's for ya: If you don't like the price then don't buy, but don't derail the man's for sell thread either.

He is not charging more than retail regardless of weather or not these coins are pack-ins or not, so there is no scalping going on.

-John

John_A_Graham
06-09-2007, 05:53 PM
devo73 shoot me a PM with a price including shipping for the following three coins please.

Stormtrooper X1
AOTC movie coin X1
ROTS movie coin X1

Cheers,

-John

darthjacen
06-09-2007, 06:26 PM
You're right John, we're both idiots. Man, how could we miss your sarcasm in backing Devo here. With you taking his side of the position, I'd have thought you wouldnt have to stoop to the sarcastic methods of most gradeschoolers to make your point. Im new here so unlike you I dont know the wherabouts of the moderators at all times. I will attempt to better myself in this area. Have fun scalpers!

*edit* so by your methods of reasoning John, should he EVER decide to sell any of the figures themselves, he CANNOT ask more than $2.99 apiece for them, because that would break the $6.99???!!! Sign me up for 3x McFetts! (who needs 3 anyway? $20 says they're already on ebay... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

Power_Droid
06-09-2007, 06:28 PM
When I walk into a store and find something I like, but feel the price is too high, then I walk out and go to another store. I don't walk up to the sales person and tell them that they are wrong, stupid or that I am going to report them for asking prices I think are too high. Life is too short to get yourself riled up about something you can't change.

Devo73 is a good seller, have worked with him before and never had a problem. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

darthjacen
06-09-2007, 06:34 PM
You're right Rulair, I shouldnt have Posted my original response, that would have been better served in a PM, my being riled up was more because of his reply and being called a troll. I never called him stupid, unles thats latin for Scalper (though the two terms are synonymous) That'll be my last post on this thread Scalper, dont want you to pop a blood vessel or something...

Randy_S
06-09-2007, 06:34 PM
if the price is too high on something, no one buying will let the seller know
please be courteous and not hijack a seller's thread with price complaints

JediCKSL
06-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah, guess I shouldn't complain here, but I guess many people just thinks the price is a little high and doesn't want some other people to lose out.

But one more things I feel like just sayin... In Devo's other thread for selling figure - Airborne Trooper is 7$ (No coins if I'm right?All are loose and complete (stands and/or coins aren't included if applicable) and now a seperate coin for 4$? Doesn't that make 11$? And same with many things in his thread but I just don't want too much fuss. I just want people to be alert when they buy stuff

John_A_Graham
06-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Alright, lets make this a little more simple.

There are collectors that don't want the figures or the expense of buying the figures, all they want to collect are the coins.

Everyone Follow.

Now, to obtain the coins for less than the retail price of a MOC figure, even at half the price is a bonus to anyone collecting just the coins. (You can not buy just the coins from Hasbro).

Make sense to everybody.

If you don't like the price then don't buy them!!!!! There are those of us who find the price fair enough for our collecting needs.

Ok, I'm done with this thread.

Cheers,

-John

StoneWallAdam
06-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Alright, lets make this a little more simple.

There are collectors that don't want the figures or the expense of buying the figures, all they want to collect are the coins.

Everyone Follow.

Now, to obtain the coins for less than the retail price of a MOC figure, even at half the price is a bonus to anyone collecting just the coins. (You can not buy just the coins from Hasbro).

Make sense to everybody.

If you don't like the price then don't buy them!!!!! There are those of us who find the price fair enough for our collecting needs.

Ok, I'm done with this thread.

Cheers,

-John

Hey John,

This is a collectors site not a scalper business site! Get it. Devo is trying to scalp by selling figures for $7 each and coins for $4 each, follow?

Devo should set up his own website and sale whatever he wants for whatever he can but should not bring it into this collector site! Make sense?

Scalpers are not wanted here and people who justify it should leave with them!

Set up shop elsewhere Devo!!!!!

John_A_Graham
06-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey John,

This is a collectors site not a scalper business site! Get it.

Adam you are correct and I can assure you that I would be one of the first people to go off on someone scalping, trust me on this.

But what you're not contemplating is the fact that I myself am collecting the coins along with MOC figures, so for me and other coin only collectors these prices are a great help to us. It saves us tons of money and we further don't have to deal with getting rid of a bunch of loose figures.

Besides I'm not a 100% sure why it bothers you, are you or are you not buying your figures on-line because of gas prices and you think the world is full of scalpers and Target for whatever reason has it in for you. I have no problem finding merchandise at Target and it seems many others don't either.

I'll agree that Target can get aggravating at times, but what the heck any retail outlet can.

Also, if devo is selling the figures in another thread, well that may very well be great for a loose collector who doesn't want to deal with the coins. HaHa, I'm joking of course.

Look it's not like devo is selling the coins for the price of a carded figure, in the process of selling them loose he is helping out some collectors, and unless the people who have bought from him have a problem with him, then don't sweat what your not involved in.

Remember it's always better to turn the other cheek.. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'd like to add one more personal side note and that is, that I feel anyone selling a loose figure at or even close to retial price is NOT doing any kind of a service to any collector, and with that also includes SMASHED carded figures...Now how many people on these very boards do that??? This includes smashed Lucas Stormies for $20.00

-John

PS:@ Adam a late congrats on the baby.

PPS: Well if for no other reason other than this thread has gone way off topic, I'm sure it's going to get closed down.

devo73
06-10-2007, 02:02 PM
The loose figures are for sale for loose figure collectors- the coins for those like John mentioned who are interested only in the coins.

I could care less what people like Adam think of me. He still has his panties in a bunch over an issue ovr a year ago. I'm actually shocked you have had time to make a baby since what I do seems to consume you still.

I have had several sales here and not one complaint yet. I have sold below retail on many items. I have done discounts for large purchases and/or free shipping included. To those that have bought from me and dealt with me they know how I work. To those that call me scalper or whatever else- I can at least know that I haunt your mind(s). I can't say I give you a second thought in any part of my day. Maybe that's just one big difference between us....

I think many people truly believe that other people should care what someone sitting behind a keyboard thinks of them.
I know I don't.... Although the entertainment value of knowing your panties are in knots is worth a luagh or two.

The term scalper is so grossly overused on these forums it's laughable to see it any longer. Everyone's a scalper- from those charging a buck more for a figure than retail to the guy that walked away with the 10 vintage Snowtroopers that you'd have bought if just 60 secnds earlier- because you're an "army builder".... but, he's a scalper. Silly little girls you are....