PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pics of TPM Naboo Royal Ship interior

Drawde
05-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Haven't posted here for a LONG time - anyway, I need some info for a ship customising project: Are there any screen-grabs from Episode 1:TPM available anywhere on the web (I don't have the Ep1 DVD) which show the interior of the Naboo Royal Starship? I'm looking for pictures of both the cabin/bridge/passenger area and the lower deck where the astromech droids are stored.

I'm currently working on a custom R2-D9 (the red R2, repainted from a regular R2 figure, and with added detail + weathering) and will post some photos of this here when it's done.

(moved to customising forum)

MasterBEN
05-18-2007, 04:13 PM
The book Incredible Cross Sections: Episode 1 has the floor plan. Also Google.

MasterBEN
05-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Also, look here. (http://www.galactic-voyage.com/The%20Phantom%20Menace%20Pictures.htm)

Drawde
05-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Many thanks for the link! I have the Episode 1 "Incredible Cross-Sections", which has a very good cutaway diagram of the ship - what I'm looking for in the screengrabs is the general look (colour, finish etc.) of the ship's interior, which is hard to tell from a drawing.

As you can probably tell I'm customising a Hasbro Royal Starship, to give it more of a "scale model" appearance. I know the Hasbro toy is out of scale (it's actually about 1/80 scale, according to the length of 250ft shown in the book - compared to 1/18 scale SW figures) - but it still looks great, and the interior is very well done (much better than, for example, the Millennium Falcon, which has the passenger cabin where the engines should be!)

I'm planning to repaint the interior and add detail (in particular, replacing the stickers with proper raised surface detail, using from Evergreen styrene sheet/stock and metal wire). The exterior will be covered with Alclad or similar metal foil to give a realistic chrome effect.