PDA

View Full Version : Anybody into Samurai Jack?

autobot1976
05-01-2007, 01:55 PM
They had some cool figures. I have most of them. They only one I am not sure was ever released was a "shape shifted Aku" ball monkey looking figure pictured on the back of Battle Action Aku. Anyone have this or seen it?

Needless to say - I love Samurai Jack. For those interested, DVD Season 4 will be out in August and Genndy has stated that we have NOT seen the last of Jack, that there will be an animated movie when he is done with Dark Crystal 2 and that he is trying for a live action movie as well.

Galvatron
08-16-2007, 12:21 AM
A friend of mine got me started watching it with him a long time ago on Saturday mornings. The one about Little Red Riding Hood was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I haven't seen it in a while, but it sure was entertainingwhen I did see it.

Mattdude
09-05-2007, 09:34 PM
I picked up Season 4 over the weekend. This season has some of the best episodes, in my opinion. Ninja black/white ep, Robosamurai vs. Mondobot, and Jack vs. Aku mano-a-mano are just outstandning. It's funny, because when these episodes first aired, I of course noticed all the Star Wars references in various episodes (particularly the one where Jack saves the Princess), but it never occurred to me that this might be related to the fact that Genndy and co. were beginning work on Clone Wars at this time this season was in production.

As far as the toys go, I just have Jack in Armor and the 9" vinyl figure. I'd really like to get the Jack Progression (http://www.cartoonnetworkshop.com/cat/Samurai-Jack-Progression-Sculpture.html) statue. It's like Samurai Jack "Evolutions". http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Matt

Sergiu
11-01-2007, 06:17 AM
I like Samurai Jack a lot. The way the story is told and directed makes it a great combination of animation (even anime sometimes) and old legends telling. Too bad I don't own any figures...

ShadowTrooper
11-01-2007, 09:16 AM
I used to watch Samurai Jack, cool show. Wish Cartoon Network still showed this, it was better than a lot of the other cartoons they've got now.

Hrvat
11-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Believe it or not, it got me through my divorce.