PDA

View Full Version : Barriss Offee Clone Wars

Sith_Dreamer
04-20-2007, 11:47 PM
While we saw her fighting in the clone wars cartoon, I always figures the Jedi Females had some alternate costumes like the males (well,at least liek the figures we got back in 2003) that would not slow them down like the large flowing dresses they normally wore. Soe this is my concept of barriss ina Clone wars outfit. The paint apps are not perfect, and the hand color cam eout wrong, so that will be fixed in version 2 as well as paint touch ups to the elgs and torso. Anyway

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/CamDun/Barriss004.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/CamDun/Barriss003.jpg

The head and body are from the SAGA Barriss Offee figure. The arms, skirt, and legs are all from the POTC3 Elizabeth swan figure. The torso on my Elizabth broke, so I decidly glued the skirt and legs to the barriss body, then added the paint apps. The arms, howeve,r I used a razor blade to widdle down so that they were near perfect fit for Barriss arm sockets. The vest is also from the Swan figure, and will have lightsabers in version 2 as well. Give me feedback, and also, cana nyone recommend a paint that matches her face well?

Slave_1
04-21-2007, 02:27 AM
Cool idea, if you could post some new pic's later.

Ruadh
04-21-2007, 02:37 AM
Probably more of an olive, I'd recommend a small brush, with even, patient strokes.

ALso probably want to clean up that waist. Looks like you're trying to hide it with the vest thingie, which is cool, but the severely skinny upper body makes the waist down part look weird.

What I'd recommend doing is finding a female figure with a barriss-esque face, and replacing that fly catching mouthed one, simply painting the face that light olive colo, and really taking the time with a fine brush to do the tattoos. I see no reason to do a new Barriss figure if you aren't going to replace that head.

HappyNoodleBoy
04-21-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm actually working on a Barriss myself (mine is more of a better articulated one than the Hasblows one).

The reason the waist looks strange is because the Hasblow version has a "pre-posed" waist where Barriss is actually arching back a bit in a stance. I too am having trouble attaching the upper body to the better articulated legs since it is at an angle rather than a straight one.

Keep trying though. I would probably scratch the original Barriss head and torso too and just find a female figure to make this one.

Good luck!

Michael_Knight
04-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Good luck on your endeavors. I am actually waiting for Hasbro to make a better version. It is a tad out of my abilities to make one at the current time.