PDA

View Full Version : Travel Packages?

SirTristram
04-15-2007, 02:38 PM
I know I am in the minority here, but I have been waiting fo rth Official Site to update regarding travel packages...It announced the hotel deals almost right away, but the Travel Packages section still says 'Coming Soon' ....When? I want to book my flight but Ido not want to miss out on a deal that Celebration Europe may be able to afford me! Wil there really be deals or just regular prices? Virgin always seems to have deals and so does BA...What could CE offer, I wonder? Anything special? Why would they have put it on the website if they were not going to offer some sort of special CE deal? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lee_c00per
04-15-2007, 04:36 PM
If they do a deal on flights then it will be like the Hotel deals they hav now which offer hardly any savings at all

Jeremy
04-15-2007, 11:42 PM
The travel packages section is to list companies putting together organised tours. It will more likely be for large non-UK groups coming to CE. Think along the lines of a package trip to Greece.

Jeremy

CE_Office
04-16-2007, 04:40 AM
Indeed, as Jeremy suggested the travel packages section is for organised tours to CE via Third party operators. We understand that several operators, both outside the UK and within the UK are offering packages to CE however they have yet to advise us of any details.

Although we would love to be able to negotiate discounts for attendees for travel/flights etc this is highly unlikely as most travel operators now offer their best value flights to the public directly through their websites and further discounts simply are not available.

British Airways and Virgin Atlantic currently have some excellent priced flights to London on their respective websites.

CE_Office
04-16-2007, 05:04 AM
I am sorry to hear that you donít think our event package deals for hotels offer little or no savings.

Hotel rooms in London are among the most expensive in Europe and event packages are rare, or if not unheard of, so I would have thought that any saving was better than none at all? Our event rates are all discounted from the normal rates for that type of room at that hotel/venue during an event.

Although many of the partner venues have already sold out, or are close to selling out we are currently still able to offer Celebration Europe exclusive rates for rooms ranging from Hostel accommodation at under £50 per night to four Star hotels starting at £140 per night and above. These are all close locations within walking distance of the venue, some less than 200 feet from the front door. I think these represent good value for money for the quality of room on offer..

Granted the hotels offer far cheaper rates when no events are taking place at Excel, and it would be great if they would hold these rates to us, sadly it was hard enough to persuade them to offer any discounts or special rates at all.

I am sure there are some cheaper rooms available, and better deals to be had but visitors must understand that hotels are beyond our control.

Visitors to CE should also be wary of the location of some of the Ďcheaperí options. They may be off site locations that can only be accessed easily by car/taxi. The Excel area is part of the old East London Docklands and is crisscrossed with railway lines, major roads, rivers and canals and you may not be able to actually walk as the crow flies in a straight line. If you do not have a car, check carefully with your chosen hotel that you can access the Excel venue easily on foot or via public transport. All of the hotels/venues listed on the Celebration Europe website are within walking distance.

SirTristram
04-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Wow, I booked the Corwne Plaza at Ecell and told them I was attending CE and am a Hyperspace member and they still charged me £120...Could their normal rates be more than that? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lee_c00per
04-16-2007, 11:45 AM
How many nights for £120?

If it's too expensive then perhaps you should go halves with someone

SirTristram
04-16-2007, 05:02 PM
How many nights for £120?

If it's too expensive then perhaps you should go halves with someone

£120 per night. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lee_c00per
04-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Definately don't do that. Hotel rooms can be around £40 a night. I am looking for a room mate for the hotel i am interested in.

£400 for 4 nights including breakfast. Between 2 people £200 is a good deal although you can get better

BradP
04-16-2007, 06:21 PM
I am more worried about airfare. it seems that 900+ is all I can find..

I am splitting a room for 130 quid a night but we will be there 4 nights so we will split it. Not too bad really.

Sylvius
04-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Isn't it nice that I live in Islington then! Don't have to travel far! *L*

Sadly it's probably the most expensive city in Europe! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CE_Office
04-18-2007, 03:21 AM
Hi Sir T,

Yes, their normal rates are substantially more than £120 per night which is the special Celebration Europe rate. If you check their website you will see that the current cheapest room available on the Friday night is £200 for a basic room going up to £345 per night. This rate is far lower when no events are taking place at ExCeL, but that is how hotels operate.

This is a 4 Star Luxury Hotel with excellent facilities including a pool and sauna/health club about 300 feet from the front door of the ExCeL venue.

The Celebration Europe package rate has saved you about $150 per night, if you are staying for 3 nights that is $450 towards your airfare you have saved. London is not a cheap city and you are staying in the one of the best hotels on the ExCeL campus. Whilst this option might not suit everybody I hope this illustrates that our event packages do offer good value for money.

CE_Office
04-18-2007, 03:31 AM
Hi,

I would be very interested to learn which hotel in the ExCeL area is offering room sat this excellent £40 rate.

We have spent a considerable amount of time and effort to try and get the best value deals for visitors in the closest hotels to the venue.

You would appear to have found an amazing bargain and I am keen to learn more so we can share the info with other visitors, for London in July that rate is just fantastic....

Lee_c00per
04-18-2007, 04:20 AM
A friend of mine has got a hotel room at the Swindon Hotel near Kings Cross for £40 inc. Breakfast a night. Means he has to travelon the tube but the price difference is emense

SGHB1138
04-18-2007, 09:13 AM
I got a great deal. 2 adults, 1 child (under 5). £90 per night for 4 nights...150 metres from the Excel Convention Centre.

Ibis Excel

Lee_c00per
04-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Is Ibis Excel the name of the Hotel?

Jeremy
04-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Is Ibis Excel the name of the Hotel?

I googled "ibis excel" and got this link straight away:

http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/fichehotel/gb/ibi/3655/fiche_hotel.shtml

Jeremy

CE_Office
04-18-2007, 10:57 AM
The Ibis Hotel is one of our event partners, and offers excellent value for money at the cheaper end of the scale. The Celebration Europe rates for the Ibis are £80.00 for a single and £90.00 double but they inform us that there are only a few rooms left at these special rates.

CE_Office
04-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks

£40 in Kings Cross makes a little more sense, this area is famous for very cheap backpacker accommodation. The adage that you get what you pay for is very true here. It is quite literally a hive of scum and villainy and is the closet thing you are going to get to a real world Mos-Eiseley in London ;-) (sorry to any Kings Cross residents, no offence intended) itís a colourful place and you will certainly see some sites thatís for sure.

Seriously, it is quite seedy and not all that safe especially after dark. A lot of the hotels in this area are hostels and offer no-star no frills rooms. You should check some of the reputable travel review websites like tripadvisor carefully before you book a room in Kings Cross, some of the hotels are unsafe and pretty terrible, however there are a few gems, I cannot comment on the Swindon Hotel as I am not aware of it

You should also be aware that Kings Cross is located on completely the other side of London and will take you around 40 minutes to 1hour each way to reach ExCeL every day.

If you want a cheap safe basic room close to the venue, our options in the UEL at £43 per night are a far better, far cheaper option when you consider your travel costs each day and are only a short walk from ExCeL and you will be in the heart of the action.

The UEL's number is +44 (0) 208 223 2897, its the University Of East London. Celebration Europe takes place out of term time so they rent out the university dorm rooms to visitors to make some money. It's simple and basic, but clean and modern and safe.

Lee_c00per
04-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I don' paricurly want to travel an hour on the tube each morning.

I think i'll see about staying in the Premier Lodge or whatever it's called that backs onto the arena.

I heard that there will be stuff to do at the arena when the show ends so having the hotel next door will be benificial especially when alone at night

SirTristram
04-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Oh, I normally stay at the Millennium Gloucester in Central London, but I did NOT want to travel every day, so I went with the Crowne Plaza right near ExCel. The told me in is basically right there...just a few minutes walk to the cenvention center.

chuck654
06-01-2007, 08:41 AM
I know I am in the minority here, but I have been waiting fo rth Official Site to update regarding travel packages...It announced the hotel deals almost right away, but the Travel Packages section still says 'Coming Soon' ....When? I want to book my flight but Ido not want to miss out on a deal that Celebration Europe may be able to afford me! Wil there really be deals or just regular prices? Virgin always seems to have deals and so does BA...What could CE offer, I wonder? Anything special? Why would they have put it on the website if they were not going to offer some sort of special CE deal? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm sure what you meant to say here was...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I DON'T</font> know <font color="red">IF </font> I am in the minority here, but I have been waiting <font color="red">FOR THE Official Site to update regarding travel packages...

[/QUOTE]

I'm also a Yank, thinking I could afford to go if I could find the right deals on the flight and hotel. Where is the link to the "OFFICIAL CE SITE"?
I want to decide whether I can go so I can sign-up as a Collector Panel Volunteer.
Cheers......

SirTristram
06-01-2007, 12:24 PM

I'm sure what you meant to say here was...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I DON'T</font> know <font color="red">IF </font> I am in the minority here, but I have been waiting <font color="red">FOR THE Official Site to update regarding travel packages...

I'm also a Yank, thinking I could afford to go if I could find the right deals on the flight and hotel. Where is the link to the "OFFICIAL CE SITE"? I want to decide whether I can go so I can sign-up as a Collector Panel Voltuneer.
Cheers......

[/QUOTE]

No, I meant to say what I said. We are the minority in this instance. Most people attending CE, live in Europe and don't need travel arrangements via the air.

And thanks for correcting my type-o there. I haven't had red marks on something that I wrote for a long time.
I am sure that many people could figure out what I meant to say and that I was typing fast. It happens to us mere mortals. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif