PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro's G.I. JOE Announcement: Q&A Session

Pages : [1] 2

*___*
04-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Hasbro's G.I. Joe Q&A Session Begins! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_GI_JOE_Announcement_QA_Session_Planned_105 004.asp)

Want to ask Hasbro's G.I. Joe brand team a question? Cool Toy Review will be taking part in a bi-monthly Q&A session with Hasbro, and we will send in 5 of your questions! Click on the link above for the full scoop.

Similar to the Star Wars Q&A, post your G.I. Joe questions in thie thread, and I'll pass them along to the team at Hasbro.

In the meantime, take a look at the special G.I. Joe logo music box Hasbro sent along!

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/GIJoe/GIJoe-001-tn.jpg

Tusken_Raiders
04-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Hasbro's G.I. Joe Q&A Session Begins! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_GI_JOE_Announcement_QA_Session_Planned_105 004.asp)

Want to ask Hasbro's G.I. Joe brand team a question? Cool Toy Review will be taking part in a bi-monthly Q&A session with Hasbro, and we will send in 5 of your questions! Click on the link above for the full scoop.

Similar to the Star Wars Q&A, post your G.I. Joe questions in thie thread, and I'll pass them along to the team at Hasbro.

In the meantime, take a look at the special G.I. Joe logo music box Hasbro sent along!

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/GIJoe/GIJoe-001-tn.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Curto...

That music box is going to be sweet...''He'll fight for freedom wherever there's trouble GI JOE is there"...Nice...

Im going to have to work on a few questions...

ThorOakenfelder
04-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Will Hasbro be releasing the DTC Wave 4?

Flashback
04-14-2007, 08:56 PM
This is great, now I wish Transformers would get a Q&A...

Masterfett
04-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Will Hasbro be releasing the DTC Wave 4?

Ditto, been wating long time for answers to this!

ttubach
04-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Has Hasbro considered a "galactic heroes" type of line for GI Joe (ARAH)?

ThorOakenfelder
04-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Will Hasbro have mail in figures for the new line?

will they do fan favorite figures?

04-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Will the anniversary assortment contain new file cards written by Larry Hamma?

Thanks!

Eric

doomdeath
04-15-2007, 11:32 PM
now that hasbro has confirmed the 25th line will contune through 2008...will we see new versons of VAMP,SLUGGER,SHARC,DRAGONFLY ect ect something that will fit in the 19.99-25.00 price point....

will there be 12" new or old versons of the joe and cobra figures

Smoba_Fett
04-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I would be interested to know if they plan on producing any large vehicles or playsets.

JadBean
04-18-2007, 12:51 PM
I'll echo doomdeath, can we expect 12" RAH Joes?

NeoMikomi
04-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Will Zartan's skin change colors?

Will the figures in the 5 packs be available on single cards?

*___*
04-23-2007, 03:21 PM
The first edition of the bi-monthly Q&A is now posted!
Hasbro's 1st G.I. JOE Q&A: The Answers! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_1st_GI_JOE_QA_The_Answers_105249.asp)

bac
04-23-2007, 06:02 PM
It would appear Hasbro isn't ready to talk '08 yet, thus the vague nature of these responses.

That said, I'll throw out a week two question I posted on another forum for week one that's more in tune with this year's line:

The second Cobra 5-pack showing up on retailer websites for pre-order lists a Cobra Jet Pack Trooper. Can you confirm this pack is on the way, and, to help kick off the Joe q/a sessions in style, share a picture of this mystery figure with us?

Tusken_Raiders
04-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Will you continue the 6-Six army builders sets similiar to the Viper 6-pack?

I would love a Night Viper set...

RolandofGilead
04-24-2007, 12:21 PM
With Hasbro's focus on GI Joe shifting so much to the Anniversary, I have a couple of questions:

1.) Does this mean that the current Modernized Real Action Hero line available through Hasbro's Toy Shop and at Toys R Us is now finished?

2.) Will the focus be primarily be on the golden age of those early Joes, or will you delve deeper into the series? I've always loved the Destro's Iron Grenadiers sub-line and would like to see it's return.

TheStoerm
04-24-2007, 05:13 PM
With Hasbro's focus on GI Joe shifting so much to the Anniversary, I have a couple of questions:

1.) Does this mean that the current Modernized Real Action Hero line available through Hasbro's Toy Shop and at Toys R Us is now finished?

2.) Will the focus be primarily be on the golden age of those early Joes, or will you delve deeper into the series? I've always loved the Destro's Iron Grenadiers sub-line and would like to see it's return.

Along these lines, I'm wondering if we're going to see a Serpentor/Cobra-la wave/line/whatever.

MaulFan
04-25-2007, 09:55 PM
I too would like to know if we can expect to see a Serpentor figure in the Anniversary line.

BDarin73
04-27-2007, 09:24 PM
can we see a picture of Duke and/or Roadblock with thier helmets off?

GI_Joe
05-01-2007, 08:36 AM
will there be a titanium line of joes or joe vehicles?

ThorOakenfelder
05-01-2007, 02:56 PM
we have heard that the Cobra Soldier will be single packed, will any of the other multipacked figures later be released on vintage style single pack cards?

Has any thought been given to releasing a vintage style two pack of Tomax and Xamot?

RUmor has it that vehicles may be in the offing for 2008, would these vehicles be re-release and repaints of old molds or new vehicles built as an homage to the classic vehicles?

infallible
05-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I know it was just announced, but will the exclusive [censored] Daddy Destro be available online?

ThorOakenfelder
05-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Will we be seeing any of the characters that Hasbro doesn't have the copyright for their names? For example
Hawk
Breaker
Flash
Etc.

If we see these Characters will they be known as Clayton "Hawk" Abernathy, Alvin "Breaker" Kibbey, Anthony "Flash" Gambello, or will they be known by Specialty General, Communications, Laser Rifle Trooper?

Will the comic packs be continuing?

Is Hasbro working with the rights holders for the 1980's cartoon to get those reissued for the anniversary?

ThorOakenfelder
06-08-2007, 09:40 PM
what happened to the Q&As?

Trev
06-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Any update on when (not if http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) we'll see the last wave of the DTC / TRU figures - i.e. Airtight, Night Viper, Falcon, Outback and Minutia?

BigDumbWookiee
06-11-2007, 05:22 AM
we have heard that the Cobra Soldier will be single packed, will any of the other multipacked figures later be released on vintage style single pack cards?

The Cobra soldier from the multipack is also going to be released carded? The Cobra Trooper? I realize the Cobra Officer will be, but hadnt heard the Trooper would be too.

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/rah/closeup.cfm?image=CobraTrooperLargeID.jpg

ThorOakenfelder
06-11-2007, 07:45 PM

The Cobra soldier from the multipack is also going to be released carded? The Cobra Trooper? I realize the Cobra Officer will be, but hadnt heard the Trooper would be too.

Yes, the Cobra Trooper will be offered on single card.

BigDumbWookiee
06-12-2007, 05:53 AM

Yes, the Cobra Trooper will be offered on single card.

Ah, just saw that he was in series 2. Coolness.

Masterfett
06-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Any update on when (not if http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) we'll see the last wave of the DTC / TRU figures - i.e. Airtight, Night Viper, Falcon, Outback and Minutia?

Seconded, These were some cool looking figures!
If I cannot get these figure I may decide to Boycott the 25th Annviversay figures! If you don't believe me I did it with those mini Unleashed when Hasbro decided to replace the real Unleashed line!

*___*
06-18-2007, 09:34 AM
The second edition of the bi-monthly Q&A is now posted!
Hasbro's 2nd G.I. JOE Q&A: The Answers! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_2nd_GI_JOE_QA_The_Answers_106854.asp)

Trev
06-18-2007, 11:46 PM
WOW - (inserting sarcasm) - aside from detail on Destro's availability, they didn't really say much. If it's just a case of "wait until comic con for answers" then why bother.

ProgMatinee
06-20-2007, 10:06 AM
WOW - (inserting sarcasm) - aside from detail on Destro's availability, they didn't really say much. If it's just a case of "wait until comic con for answers" then why bother.

Agree. Its almost better not to interview them at all than to interview them and have them say something like "we don't know yet" or "no comment" on every question.

Why not just ask them to say what they know and make it more of a "released statement" than a "q and a"?

I appreciate the work that goes into getting them on the phone and then transcribing them and all that, but what a waste of time for you and us.

elrapha
07-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Will vehicle drivers (such as the grey painted Cobra Officer for the Stinger-hint hint) be a part of the 25th anniversary line?

Are Night Force, Python Patrol, and other sub-lines going to make it into the new line? They're just repaints and would make great exclusives, just like they once were...

Vehicles vehicles vehicles...maybe if they hear it enough, they'll rerelease them as part of the line.

BigDumbWookiee
07-05-2007, 05:45 AM
If they do vehicles, I hope it's not just rehashes. I want all new vehicles, with the same attention to detail as the 25 Anniversary figures.

Ewok_Slayer
07-05-2007, 10:37 AM
ummm...can we get re-releases of the USS Flagg and Terror Drome? Please...pretty please?

Trev
07-05-2007, 11:50 AM
ummm...can we get re-releases of the USS Flagg and Terror Drome? Please...pretty please?

I'd really like to see new versions of some of the classics but then I see your suggestions on the Flagg and the Terror Drome - I never had the first one and the Terror Drome was just too cool - I'd buy both of those in an instant.

TheStoerm
07-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Here, let me fix that...

ummm...can we get re-releases of the USS Flagg and Terror Drome (With Firebat) ? Please...pretty please?

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheStoerm
07-11-2007, 10:27 AM
There has been a huge rumor going around about the Iron Grenadier "Blade" Destro in the works. Can this be officially confirmed by Hasbro? I think that it is just speculation right now.

Trev
07-11-2007, 10:52 AM
I know it's been asked before and given a vague answer, but where are we on getting the last assortment of DTC Joes released?

Trev
08-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Question for the next Q&A, and hopefully one Hasbro would answer w/out a cryptic "wait and see" or "we think about things like this."

What are they going to do about the quality of the card backs on single Joes? I've seen the contents of three cases on different occasions and the cards are always warped or creased. For those who collect MOMC this is very frustrating. I know with such a large card relative to figure bubble that this is a possibility, but it never happened like this when they sold Joes 25 years ago.

elrapha
08-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Will there be more variations such as Snake Eyes' two different wolves? Will variations be limited to a recoloring of accessories, like two colors for Shipwreck's parrot, or will they be something more substantial that actually enhances the figures, maybe Night/Tiger Force versions?

Gothiczartan
08-12-2007, 09:08 AM
will there be joes blowtoch, mutt, ripcord, airtight, barbecue, deep six, thunder, crankcase, quick kick, doc, breaker, grunt?

ThorOakenfelder
08-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Why did Hasbro choose such uneven case ratios? Why release a wave of 5 figures in a case of 8? Why release the 5 packs in cases of 3? It seems like a more logical case ratio would be 10 single carded and 4 5packs, with 2 of each item per case. If some items are shelfwarming longer than others, a revision case could take care of that.

ThrawnsBlueBuddy
08-19-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm going to put in another plug for Galactic Hero-type Joes. How awesome would a baby Destro be??? And the name is already built in: Real American Heroes.

Chrakalackis
08-20-2007, 07:11 AM
I'm going to put in another plug for Galactic Hero-type Joes. How awesome would a baby Destro be??? And the name is already built in: Real American Heroes.

I'm with ya, I'm lovin every Hero line, and Joes would be no exception. A Shipwreck hero would be so cute. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif

*___*
08-20-2007, 09:40 AM
The third edition of the bi-monthly Q&A is now posted!
Hasbro's 3rd G.I. JOE Q&A: The Answers! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_3rd_GI_JOE_QA_The_Answers_108278.asp)

08-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Not even an ounce of hope to get the Terrordrome?...[censored]

TheStoerm
08-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Cool Toy Review: Can we get re-releases of the USS Flagg and Terror Drome (With Firebat) ? Please...pretty please?

Hasbro: At this time there are no plans to re-release the Terror Drome or USS Flagg.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but they didn't deny that a Firebat would be made! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gothiczartan
08-21-2007, 08:42 PM
will there be new joe figures like ripcord, blowtorch, mutt and junkyard, covergirl, deep six, grand slam?

Masterfett
08-22-2007, 01:12 PM
<font color="green">Cool Toy Review: What are they going to do about the quality of the card backs on single Joes? I've seen the contents of three cases on different occasions and the cards are always warped or creased. For those who collect MOMC this is very frustrating. I know with such a large card relative to figure bubble that this is a possibility, but it never happened like this when they sold Joes 25 years ago.
</font>

Hasbro: We hear your comments and have already made a change in the quality of the cardstock for future waves. There will be a thicker card back which will solve this problem.
Say goodbuy to $4.88 and $5.99 prices, I knew it couldn't last! I open them so it really never mattered to me.

If no Terror Drome or Flagg, how about the Mobile Command Center?

ThorOakenfelder
08-24-2007, 03:01 AM

Why not ask for reasonable sized vehicles? Night Raven, Whale, Sky Striker, Tomahawk

Chrakalackis
08-24-2007, 07:54 AM

Why not ask for reasonable sized vehicles? Night Raven, Whale, Sky Striker, Tomahawk

Right on TOMAHAWK!!! Loved it!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

molleking
08-24-2007, 10:13 PM
is there a site doing "Q&A roundup reports" for GI JOE similar to Rebelscum's StarWars roundups?

08-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Is there any plans to make a SCARFACE Cobra soldier?
I've been wanting him since he first appeared in the
comics back in the 80's and he'd be a welcome addition
to the legion of Cobra! ^_^

Buddha
08-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Why the choice to make Serpentor without the cobralike hood? The original simply snapped into the hole in his back. Is there any chance you will include it as an accessory?

doomdeath
08-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Why the choice to make Serpentor without the cobralike hood? The original simply snapped into the hole in his back. Is there any chance you will include it as an accessory?

i'm thinking that they decided to update him...his outfit is very close to how he appered in the DD series and i like it i was never a fan of the vintage figure so this update is cool...

Buddha
08-28-2007, 04:04 PM

i'm thinking that they decided to update him...his outfit is very close to how he appered in the DD series and i like it i was never a fan of the vintage figure so this update is cool...

That makes sense. I guess I am probably in the minority, but I really liked the vintage fig.

Masterfett
08-28-2007, 11:13 PM

That makes sense. I guess I am probably in the minority, but I really liked the vintage fig.

You could alway buy the vintage one, I actually like this newer version.

stewbacca
08-29-2007, 09:19 AM
how about the Mobile Command Center?

That was just rereleased as a TRU exclusive I believe last year (or late 2005) -it was a huge box and took a while for them to move off the shelves locally here (and I believe it was only 50.00)- I dont see them doing it again.

jedicrippler
08-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Yep, it was $50. More like 2003-4. Sat forever, got clearanced. I think I got mine for about $20-25.

Buddha
08-29-2007, 04:55 PM

You could alway buy the vintage one, I actually like this newer version.

I like the new one too. I was just surprised since wave one and two seem to be modeled so closely to the vintage costumes. Serpentor and Zartan just seem to stand out. But they both still look really good. It won't stop me from buying them. I was just curios about the choice to do it that way.

DarthBuff
08-29-2007, 06:10 PM
I still like Vintage one more.

sambuca
09-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Here's a question.

I recently pulled a sealed case off of a pallet at Wal-Mart. When I opened it, I noticed that the cardbacks of the figures were bent because the shipping case is not big enough for the figures!!! Why change the cardstock when all that needs fixed is the shipping case size? It just needs to be a little bigger. While you are at it, make it 12 figures per case, with more troopers.

There ya go. IMO, the cardstock is fine. The actual case just needs to be bigger. You CANNOT fit a card in that case without warping it some, especially when 8 figures are wadded in there.

DESTROYLUCAS
09-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Bazooka
Tunnel Rat
Footloose
Roadpig
Alpine
Outback
Thrasher

sambuca
09-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I'm really surprised that Bazooka and Tunnel Rat haven't made a reappearance. I always considered them some of the "A-list" GIJoes from back in the day.

That's the magic of GIJoes, though. There were so many, every kid in America could pretty much have a different favorite Joe squad.

So when are Waves 2 and 3 supposed to be hitting? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

doomdeath
09-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Bazooka
Tunnel Rat
Footloose
Roadpig
Alpine
Outback
Thrasher

good choices..but i would rather see RIPPER,
TORCH,MONKEYWRENCH, ZANDAR and ZARANA before ROADPIG i mean he deserves a upgrade but hes low on the list
I think we should have

HAWK ver 1 ( all ver 1 figures areeasy repaint of snake eyes)
HAWK ver 2
BREAKER ver 1
GRUNT ver 1
ZAP (with moustache)
SHORT FUZE (with or with out glasses)
COVER GIRL
STEELER
CLUTCH
ACE
CRIMSON TWINS
WILD WEASEL
COPPER HEAD
HISS DRIVER
TELE VIPER
VIPER
GRAND SLAM (silver pads)

molleking
09-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Uhm, as for a question for the next QnA:
Are the wave 1 single carded figures still shipping? I haven't seen one in several weeks, and many of the store clerks that I ask say they haven't seen them in a while, either...

Trev
09-11-2007, 01:19 PM
As it's been a while since it was last asked - any update on when we'll see the last DTC wave released?

sambuca
09-21-2007, 02:54 PM
So, uh.........

When is the next QnA from these guys? Comic Con '08???
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

*___*
10-08-2007, 08:19 PM
is there a site doing "Q&A roundup reports" for GI JOE similar to Rebelscum's StarWars roundups?

I really don't know if there is. I'm not doing it.

So, uh.........

I sent in the questions today....which was a tough job. You guys need to post more questions! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Answers should come next week.

molleking
10-10-2007, 12:44 AM

So, uh.........

I sent in the questions today....which was a tough job. You guys need to post more questions! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1) Awww that sucks
2) yay that's great!

red_skeleton7
10-10-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm probably asking the same question that everyone has asked but here goes.... Are there plans for releasing the vehicles any time soon??? I would love to see the Cobra Tank Smasher Jet done again, plus many more!

boff123
10-10-2007, 08:30 AM
dude there are vehicles coming, basically just repaints but they are coming. target has the awe striker with figure as an exlcusive while i think there is also a blue old school hiss tank with camo pants stinger driver and gi joe shark submarine thing with a new paint job (and has the shark teeth in the front like the cw gunship). each one has a driver.

i think they will test the waters with these guys and maybe then release something new.

EmperorPalpitate
10-10-2007, 02:20 PM
More questions needed? Ok, let's see...

1.) The new Crimson Guard, while very cool, seems a bit off in the helmet area. The profile view looks ape-like, as it seems to jut out too far. Any chance this could be tweaked before release?

2.) If you do eventually release new vehicles for the 25th line, would you consider updating some classics, like the H.I.S.S.? It would be great to have one w/ working treads and a two-seated cockpit.

3.) The picture of Doc from the Con looked stellar. I noticed that the forearms appear to be based off of Duke's, only without the ugly mid-forearm articulation. Has the joint been moved up to meet the cuff of the sleeve, or has it been done away with completely? Either way, will you be using this new arm for the single card release of Duke?

Darth_Brett
10-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Is there a chance at all that we will see more of these incredible and awesome updated re-sculpts after the movie is released in a revised line?

This new 25th line has me buying Joes again!! It was in 1988 the last time I bought a Joe figure and now I am hooked and buying these guys!!!

newtypejuggalo
10-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Does Hasbro plan on making a pack of stands with names available like they did in the SW line? I have a bunch of custom ideas for these figs and it would be nice to have individual stands with names for them.

doomdeath
10-10-2007, 09:33 PM
dude there are vehicles coming, basically just repaints but they are coming. target has the awe striker with figure as an exlcusive while i think there is also a blue old school hiss tank with camo pants stinger driver and gi joe shark submarine thing with a new paint job (and has the shark teeth in the front like the cw gunship). each one has a driver.

i think they will test the waters with these guys and maybe then release something new.

IS THERE A PIC OF THE AWE STRIKER WITH FIGURE,,,,AND IS IT CRANK CASE?

I LIKE THE SHARC...BUT WHY SILVER GRANDSLAM WITH FLASH'S LASER GUN AND PACK???? IT SHOULD BE DEEP SIX UNLESS THEY ARE MAKEING IT A SKY SHARC THEN IT SHOULD HAVE RIPCORD,AIRBOURNE, OR ANY OF THE SKY PATROL FIGURES

Tontus314
10-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Dear Hasbro, do you not want my money? I've been to plenty of stores looking to spend my hard earned cash on your products, but more often than not I leave empty handed. I've been collecting Star Wars heavily for most of my life now so I won't be giving that up anytime soon, but I've only been collecting Joes for about 2 months now. I don't have as much invested in that so if I continue to get frustrated I'll just sell what I have and move on.

Also, as an army builder it is really frustrating to see that you pack 1 army builder per case but flood the market with snake eyes, storm shadow, and cobra commander. Any plans on adjusting case assortments, or even better go with a 12 figure case?

boff123
10-11-2007, 09:42 AM
there are pics out there as i saw them but i can't seem to find them as people are really excited for waves 2 & 3.

coybrafett
10-11-2007, 10:16 AM

So, uh.........

Hasbro mentioned dusty is on their shorts list. Hey hasbro will you be doing dusty's helmet with soft goods like the vintage figure or will it be molded on.

molleking
10-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I got SOOO excited yesterday when i saw a case at Walmart that said G.I.JOE - then realized it was just more of the 5-packs... :@

JadBean
10-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Have we seen the end of the 5-packs? I'd love to see another Cobra pack, and I think a Dreadnok theme would be sweet. It could include Zartan, Buzzer, Ripper, Torch, and Monkeywrench. You could also include the Cobra sound box with new audio, perhaps some Dreadnok dialogue from the cartoon? Thanks!

molleking
10-12-2007, 05:28 PM
I have a question: what's the rationale behind putting only one army builder per case? As I look around at some of the images of people's collections with 5 Cobra Officers, for instance, I can only think "that's 4 other people who won't be getting a full set of wave 1". There's nothing wrong with army-building, of course, but will Hasbro be retro-actively releasing more troopers?

newtypejuggalo
10-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Have we seen the end of the 5-packs? I'd love to see another Cobra pack, and I think a Dreadnok theme would be sweet. It could include Zartan, Buzzer, Ripper, Torch, and Monkeywrench. You could also include the Cobra sound box with new audio, perhaps some Dreadnok dialogue from the cartoon? Thanks!

RIGHT ON!!!!

It could have the Dreadnoks skull logo and play Cold Slither!!!

Darth_Brett
10-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Agreed. What's the purpose of continuing to have hooded CC and Joe SS instead of some army builders like the Cobra Officer, Trooper or even the Stinger Driver?

EmperorPalpitate
10-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Another question here:

I've noticed that some of the new Joes/Cobras have their heads molded in a non flesh-colored plastic (green, blue, black), and are then painted, while others are molded in the appropriate flesh-toned plastic. The figures w/ flesh-toned plastic faces (Roadblock, Gung Ho, Buzzer, Zartan) look infinitely better than the painted ones, which look somewhat cheap and sloppy (Duke, Shipwreck, Lady Jaye, Serpentor).

Is there a reason for this? Any way we can start moving toward the non-painted heads for all figures and get some better consistency?

ThorOakenfelder
10-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Will we see some of the shortpacked wave 1 figures as well as wave 2 and 3 in revision cases this year?

If so, will the cardbacks of those figures continue to show silhouettes of the later wave figures? Or will they show the actual image from the cardback?

Does Hasbro have any information in regards to the rights to releasing the Marvel G.I. joe run of comics or the 80's cartoons?

*___*
10-15-2007, 04:11 PM
The latest G.I. Joe Q&A session is now posted! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_4th_GI_JOE_QA_The_Answers_109477.asp)

Keep your questions coming folks! I think I've gone through all of the ones posted so far, so we need more questions!

KIDD
10-15-2007, 10:28 PM
sorry if this has been asked nad answered but does anyone know if the mail away DOC will come carded or in a baggie like the vintage joes ??
i think it should come carded like the mail away Star Wars george lucas storm trooper figure W/Star case and all http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

doomdeath
10-15-2007, 11:50 PM
sorry if this has been asked nad answered but does anyone know if the mail away DOC will come carded or in a baggie like the vintage joes ??
i think it should come carded like the mail away Star Wars george lucas storm trooper figure W/Star case and all http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hasbro quoted that it would be carded so thats cool..the pic of doc that was debuted at the joe con looks awsome....1 drawback is its DUKES UPPER TORSO!!!!!!!!!?????

the original 83 doc had long sleeves where this has the rolled to the elbow look

oh well its hasbro...least they got everything else right on him...so far

ThorOakenfelder
10-16-2007, 12:22 AM

hasbro quoted that it would be carded so thats cool..the pic of doc that was debuted at the joe con looks awsome....1 drawback is its DUKES UPPER TORSO!!!!!!!!!?????

the original 83 doc had long sleeves where this has the rolled to the elbow look

this is from yojoe. com about the original Doc
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Body Construction:
Doc's body is completely original - all new body parts.

Doc's waist, arms, and back were used later in the year for Duke. Since Doc's back was associated with Duke's chest, it was resused for some versions of Starduster and Steel Brigade, as well as Tiger Force Duke (v2) and Duke (v7) (1997) .

[/QUOTE]

It appears that Duke and Doc do share a lot of the same pieces even from back in the day. Including the arms you're complaining about being different.

doomdeath
10-16-2007, 01:50 AM

this is from yojoe. com about the original Doc
Body Construction:
Doc's body is completely original - all new body parts.

Doc's waist, arms, and back were used later in the year for Duke. Since Doc's back was associated with Duke's chest, it was resused for some versions of Starduster and Steel Brigade, as well as Tiger Force Duke (v2) and Duke (v7) (1997) .

It appears that Duke and Doc do share a lot of the same pieces even from back in the day. Including the arms you're complaining about being different.

[/QUOTE]

wow man, thanks for the info,,,i did not know that....then i guess hasbro knows what its doing in regards to doc...just sucks that its a mail in

Trev
10-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Will we see wave 1 Flint on new card stock? The other figures look to have been rereleased on better stock, but MOMC collectors could use a well packaged Flint.

EmperorPalpitate
10-17-2007, 01:43 PM
I found these two particular answers interesting:

Q2: Will there be a single carded Baroness at all?
A: I would never say the Baroness is "single" …

Q3: Are the characters shown on the SDCC trading cards yet and indication of future figures in the line?
A: The playing cards at SDCC were meant to highlight the great characters from GI Joe lore…not teasing future figures.

I'm taking that first answer to mean that Baroness will be released in a comic 2 pack w/ Destro soon. There's new art of her in an all red outfit floating around, so most likely a repaint.

The second answer...well, I think Hasbro is being coy here. The art on the playing cards was obviously new. A lot of it used for the figures released so far. Hasbro wouldn't waste money paying an artist to make new images of HISS driver, half-shirt Zartan, Spirit or v2 Roadblock just for a promo deck of cards. My guess is Hasbro underestimated the fans' ability to figure this stuff out, and they're now denying the obvious in an attempt to keep their '08 line under wraps.

iambob13
10-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Well said. But you might be forgetting that it takes money to make money. I see no reason Hasbro wouldn't pay for new art, which they're probably making new art for lots of stuff, just to get the 25th hype up a lot higher. If seeing the pictures makes you want to buy the new stuff then, to them, it is money well spent.

But, after it's all said and done, I have to agree with you. They made it too obvious and we will be getting several of those next year.

Darth_Brett
10-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Question for Hasbro.

Why do the stands only have one peg? It often makes the poses really limited and sometimes it can hardly do what it's even there for.....to support the figure! Any chance of a seeing bett er stands with two pegs?

Also, is there a chance that maybe the stands could be made to be slightly heavier in weight? Some of my heavier Joes (Roadblock, Gung-Ho and even Lady Jaye with her backpack on!) have to lean forward quite a bit to avoid having the stand flipping over and upending my Joe. (In the meantime, I'll just tape a quarter underneath to help weight it down).

Phantomrs1
11-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Any chance we will see the Destro silver and gold head exclusives again?

ThorOakenfelder
11-02-2007, 11:31 PM
will there be any kind of effort to get the arms to com up to a full 90 degree angle?

doomdeath
11-03-2007, 02:15 PM
the recent pics from the joe con was tatalizing ..ver 1 hawk
ripper and torch 2 pk (i think they were shown) shows that theres great stuff heading our way...but i was wondering whats up with the release of the sharc with grand slam? if its still underwater sharc wheres deep six? or even torpedo and wetsuit?

but if its the sky sharc...why not have a member of the sky patrol or airborne or something?

grand slam does not make sense

Sidiously_Darth
11-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Any news on when we'll be seeing Major Bludd? Or have I missed something already?

iambob13
11-04-2007, 10:58 AM
My question:

Why is almost every card, I think it may actually be EVERY card, disfigured even before it leaves the factory? The press used to press down the bubble onto the card just presses too hard and bends the card. Star Wars figures are the same way. I can't see how MOC collectors can be happy with a collectible that is damaged EVERY time before it even gets shipped out. Is there any way to lessen the amount of force applied by the manufacturing process to glue down that bubble? This may not even be the issue as to why this happens, but if not then what is the reason that this happens?

iambob13
11-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Will we ever see Flint repacked in future waves? Wave 1 supply and distribution was terrible. A lot of people who wanted this figure may never have even saw him on the pegs. Not to mention the amount of people who started buying up the new JOEs after wave 2 and 3. Everyone has had their fill of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow so how about it guys?

FireChief420
11-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Is there any chance they can scrap the Sharc for now and go with a repaint of the flight-pack instead?

RolandofGilead
11-12-2007, 12:04 PM
When will the unreleased final DTC wave be available from the GI Joe Fan Club?

TheStoerm
11-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Why is there an overlap in waves 5 & 6? BBTS has the Black Snake Eyes listed in both waves. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Buttmunch
11-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Is a Cobra Commander with swapable heads a possibility? I would like a Cobra Commander figure with both hooded and shielded masks (with the white stripe this time) as well as have the back without the pistol holster. I'd want the body to be the ligher blue color like the box set version so it is more show accurate. Please at least consider this for a future figure.

EmperorPalpitate
12-09-2007, 07:48 PM
reposting two of my old questions which are still relevant:

1.) If you do eventually release new vehicles for the 25th line, would you consider updating some classics, like the H.I.S.S.? It would be great to have one w/ working treads and a two-seated cockpit.

2.) I've noticed that some of the new Joes/Cobras have their heads molded in a non flesh-colored plastic (green, blue, black), and are then painted, while others are molded in the appropriate flesh-toned plastic. The figures w/ flesh-toned plastic faces (Roadblock, Gung Ho, Buzzer, Zartan) look infinitely better than the painted ones, which look somewhat cheap and sloppy (Duke, Shipwreck, Lady Jaye, Serpentor).

Is there a reason for this? Any way we can start moving toward non-painted heads for all figures and get some better consistency and quality?

svarthofdi
12-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Question for Hasbro:

Will figures from late 80'-early 90' be thrown into the 25th anniversary collection ahead of variations of some of the golden age figures?
For example: I would like to see guys like Airtight, Budo, Hardball, Stretcher, Hit&Run, Law&Order, Taurus, Charbroil, Dodger, Shockwave, Bullhorn, Salvo, Annihilator and Dr. Mindbender ahead of another variation of Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow.

RolandofGilead
12-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Just a suggestion more than a question. We need 25th Anniversary editions of all the classic characters fro 1982 and 1983 before anything else. The figures remaining in this line include:

1982:
Grunt
Short-Fuze
Zap
Clutch
Grand Slam (in Red pads)
Steeler

1983:
Airborne
Major Bludd
Tripwire
Cover Girl
Wild Bill

Alley Vipers and Iron Grenadiers are cool, but I want the first Joes I ever collected before anything else.

*___*
12-17-2007, 07:31 PM
The timing couldn't be any better!! We're just starting to add the 5th wave of G.I. Joe figures to our Photo Archive, and the latest Hasbro Q&A answers comes in! NICE!
Hasbro's 5th G.I. JOE Q&A: The Answers! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_5th_GI_JOE_QA_The_Answers_110935.asp)

ThorOakenfelder
12-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Uh what did this question and answer have to do with each other?

Cool Toy Review: Why is it that instead of a 25th Anniversary comic-based figure pack we don’t get (at least once) a cartoon-based pack? There’s a great number of characters that showed a remarkable variant look on the classic cartoons such as: Ace, Cover Girl(MASS Device), Lady Jaye, Wild Bill, Sparks, Torpedo, Breaker, Flint, and the “Green Shirts” (among others) that would make an outstanding appearance as figures. Although they don’t have to come with a DVD, that shouldn’t be a problem since Hasbro has released figures with CDs/DVDs containing some of the classic cartoons recently.

Hasbro: We plan on officially addressing our stance on vehicles this year at Toy Fair. Until then we just ask that you bear with us.

[/QUOTE]

Gothiczartan
12-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Will we see Blowtorch in the 25th Anniversary Line-up?

he's one of my favorate GI Joe characters, he's the original flamethrower and he's got that really cool gear since the 1984 figure that came out.

Gothiczartan
12-18-2007, 07:23 AM
will we see characters being made in 25th style figures in the future?

Joes:

deep six
mutt and junkyard
ripcord
blowtorch
airtight
barbecue
dusty
alpine
bazooka
short fuse
steeler
clutch
hawk V2
wet suit
dial tone
lift ticket
lifeline
covergirl
tripwire
tollbooth
heavy metal
frostbite
iceberg
sci fi
cross country
zap
grunt
recondo
thunder
footloose
keel haul
leatherneck
roadblock V2
claymore
sgt. slaughter
slip stream
chuckles
jinx
falcon
law and order
payload
hardtop
low light
mercer
mainframe
tunnel rat
sparks (comic book version)
budo
shockwave

Cobra:

scrap iron
copperhead
tele viper
snow serpent
lamprey
bats
dr mindbender
monkeywrench
thrasher
zarana
zandar
avac
strato viper
motor viper
raptor
croc master
techno viper

molleking
12-18-2007, 06:59 PM
My question: will they consider making a change to the current GI Joe stand? The way the peg is located on the Joe stand, leaves the Joe's heel with no support, leaving the figure very unstable. By contrast, the Cobra stand allows the figure's entire foot to make contact with the stand, and I have much fewer incidents of them randomly falling over...

molleking
12-18-2007, 07:01 PM

Cool Toy Review: Why is it that instead of a 25th Anniversary comic-based figure pack we don’t get (at least once) a cartoon-based pack? There’s a great number of characters that showed a remarkable variant look on the classic cartoons such as: Ace, Cover Girl(MASS Device), Lady Jaye, Wild Bill, Sparks, Torpedo, Breaker, Flint, and the “Green Shirts” (among others) that would make an outstanding appearance as figures. Although they don’t have to come with a DVD, that shouldn’t be a problem since Hasbro has released figures with CDs/DVDs containing some of the classic cartoons recently.

Hasbro: We plan on officially addressing our stance on vehicles this year at Toy Fair. Until then we just ask that you bear with us.

[/QUOTE]

Uhm, yeah. That's pretty messed up.

redxavier
12-18-2007, 07:05 PM
1. For any figures with helmets such as EELs, Snow Serpents, Dusty and Footloose released in the 25th line, are we likely to see them removeable or will the design reflect the original? For instance, both the new and old Duke have a removeable helm whereas both Crimson Guards have it as part of the headsculpt.

2. Wherever possible, will you be releasing figures with updated versions of their accessories? Would say, the Snow Serpent, also feature the same fantastic range of accessories of the original (parachute 'bum-bag', backpack, AK-47, missle and stand, and snow shoes)?

3. Are there plans to release all the old vehicle drivers on single cards at some stage?

ThorOakenfelder
12-18-2007, 08:39 PM
When Dusty is released, will he have a cloth flap on the back of his helmet like the original one?

will the comic pack figures eventually be available on single cards? (I ask since I would love a modern single pack Breaker to go with my vintage one.)

Will we see a return of the JUMP Jet Pack?

Will we see original series limited or mail order only figures IE Starduster, Steel Brigade, Claymore.

Tontus314
12-19-2007, 02:05 PM
will the comic pack figures eventually be available on single cards? (I ask since I would love a modern single pack Breaker to go with my vintage one.)

I can answer that one! Habsro official answer will be "at this time we have no plans for doing that, but thanks for the suggestion." When in reality the answer is "we want you to buy the comic packs, so we will make you believe they will not be on single cards, but after the comic packs have run their course, we want more of your money so they will be single carded."

Chrakalackis
12-19-2007, 02:58 PM

I can answer that one! Habsro official answer will be "at this time we have no plans for doing that, but thanks for the suggestion." When in reality the answer is "we want you to buy the comic packs, so we will make you believe they will not be on single cards, but after the comic packs have run their course, we want more of your money so they will be single carded."

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif WOW... That's the most honest answer we've ever gotten from Hasbro. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

*___*
12-19-2007, 03:30 PM

[/QUOTE]

This has now been updated. I'm guessing it was copied from another site's Q&A session and sent to us by mistake.

Gothiczartan
12-19-2007, 03:52 PM
since you don't have plans for cutter with removable life vest and have another one with a vest, would be be deep six based on the Marvel comic book series?

I hope I see Lamprey with a removable vest!

Trev
12-23-2007, 11:52 PM
When Dusty is released, will he have a cloth flap on the back of his helmet like the original one?

Couple of great questions - Dusty was a favorite and soft goods with the helmet would rock. Plus - Breaker and Grunt were the first two out of hundreds that I've bought, so a single carded version of Breaker would be a great nostalgic figure for me.

Gothiczartan
12-28-2007, 11:57 PM
since I heard there will be a quick kick figure going to be made, will his headband be plain white just like the toy package art of the same character? in the marvel comics and the classic cartoon episodes, he has a white headband with not red dot.

for the 25th quick kick figure, I would like the head band with not red dot at all.

DacaZ
01-11-2008, 02:48 AM
how about the Mobile Command Center?

That was just rereleased as a TRU exclusive I believe last year (or late 2005) -it was a huge box and took a while for them to move off the shelves locally here (and I believe it was only 50.00)- I dont see them doing it again.

Yeah, the TRU stores here had dozens of them on the risers looong after the line had been put into hiatus. Seems like it would be a reach to expect anything like that anytime soon.

ThorOakenfelder
01-11-2008, 06:38 AM
new question time:

1. Could you please take a break from Snake-Eyes and Stormshadow, to a lesser extent Cobra Commander too?

2. will you fix Flash's gun so that it more easily plugs into his backpack?

3. is it possible to make Snow Job's Skis stay in his backpack?

4. Is there any intent to get these figures to be able to bend their arms 90 degrees?

5. will we be seeing the 2007 figures packed into 2008 cases?

6. would it be possible to get a pack of heads so that we could modify some of the figures if we wanted, like having a Lady jaye, Flint, Shipwreck, and Stalker without hats, or a Beach Head and Snake-eyes without masks?

7. could we get a series of dress uniform figures? one of the most striking figures in the original line was Gung Ho in Dress blues.

8. Sgt. Flash and Cpl Breaker are listed as the same rank on their file cards E-4 which is specialist or Corporal, will there be a revision or correction to their file cards? Flint is listed as a Warrant officer, but given the grade of E-6 which is a Sergeant/ Lt. Torpedo was originally a Chief Warrant Officer W-04, will his new file card have him promoted to Lieutenant level? 0-2

9. Will we see any of the canceled DTC wave 4 figures?

10. Has any thought been given to better distribution of the SDCC exclusives for '08 since the '07 was unavailable before the weekend?

11. Will we be getting waves that have more than 5 characters in them?

12. Is distribution poor because stores aren't ordering, or you're not producing? Many stores are removing the shelf tags completely when they sell out.

13. The original greenshirts set was good because it offered the Joes some nameless soldiers to fill out their ranks, but suffered from using the same poorly painted head on every figure, Could we see some greenshirts in the future of the 25th Anniversary line?

DarthHavok1
01-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Will we ever see a figure of Cobra Commander's son Billy from the Marvel series? Perhaps in a comic 2pk? Also, would you consider doing a Kwinn the Eskimo figure, with his sled, & dog team, if not for retail, then as an exclusive?

Darth_Brett
02-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Are there any figures from the old ARAH line (specifically '82-'91) that you would never ever absolutely never consider being updated? Or is every character fair game and has a chance of someday being done?

sambuca
02-09-2008, 05:24 PM
^^^
Excellent question. Please ask that one.

Darth_Brett
02-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Is there even the slightest chance of this line continuing alongside the movie-related figure line? And what are the chances that this updated line will kick back into full gear after the movie has been released?

Delta388
03-05-2008, 03:29 AM
Even though knowing Hasbro's stance on playsets not saling very well, is it possible that sometime in the near future that we'd see the COBRA Terrordrome. The Terrordrome was one of the more popular playsets back in the day and is one of the harder vintage toys to find. Surely it would sale well with both audiences?

Also, is it possible with the upcoming vehicles that we'll see the COBRA C.L.A.W., FANG, or the Night Raven in the future?

Darth_Brett
03-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Since the new Joe line seems to be so popular now, is there a chance we can get the Q&A to be monthly anytime soon?

Sidiously_Darth
03-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Since the new Joe line seems to be so popular now, is there a chance we can get the Q&A to be monthly anytime soon?

I 2nd this motion. The Joe line has become just as popular, if not more, as the SW line. What can be done to improve the timelyness on the Q&A Dan?

*___*
03-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I'll be glad to ask, but it's not up to me. The next session is the end of this month.....so if you have questions, post them here!

SSIntimidator
03-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Just one question, and please tell me if it's been asked and answered before.

Why is the plastic used for GI Joe so different than the SW figures? It's a much softer plastic around the lower leg and forearm area. The hands especially are extremely soft as well as small. Is there a reason the scales are so different in terms of the GI Joe legs being thinner, the hands smaller and the heads smaller?

JoeDarkfall
03-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Dear Hasbro,

I've been a fan of Joe since the 3 3/4 line started. The cartoon really shaped who I liked and what I bought. My favorite on screen trio was Alpine, Bazooka, and Footloose. Are we gonna see this great comedy team anytime soon? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

iambob13
03-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Has Hasbro noticed the increase of interest in the 25th line of JOEs has reached or surpassed, in many cases, that of the Star Wars line?

If so, does Hasbro have plans to increase production on the line to meet this demand? As of right now, in most areas of the US, it is not uncommon to see empty pegs for over a month in many stores. This line has been out for several months now, and I still cannot walk into my local Wal-Marts or Targets and find even one figure.

ShmashWitdaclub
03-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Will wave 4 of the comic packs be included in the redemption offer for the mailaway Doc figure?

I am not big on repacks/repaints of figures I have already bought or army building, so if Hasbro can/will make wave 4 and beyond a part of the redemption offer it would be very helpful.

JoeDarkfall
03-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Are there any plans to bring out the ever popular Skyhawk or the Cobra Fang (Version One)?

Gothiczartan
03-26-2008, 02:38 PM
will we see new joe figures being made in all new sculpt?

airtight
blowtorch
ripcord
mutt and junkyard
deep six V2
wet-suit
sci-fi
covergirl
jinx
heavy metal
hawk V2
quick kick

bac
03-27-2008, 02:40 PM
A few:

Will you be carrying over lessons learned from feedback received from the 25th line into the movie line, i.e. better articulation for action poses, stronger hands, etc.?

Will some version of the 25th line run concurrently with the movie line? We'd hate to see the "classic" character releases come to a complete halt while popularity momentum continues to build.

Will the marketing push behind the movie open the door for releasing larger "classic" vehicles and/or playsets like the Tactical Battle Platform or Tomahawk where tooling already exists?

Any chance of a non-orange colored Devilfish with modern enhancements ala the Vamp/Armadillo/Trubble Bubble/Air Chariot appearing in the upcoming small vehicle assortment?

defleshjedi
04-01-2008, 08:33 PM
this is friggin awesome
I just went to my dad's attic and pulled out ALL my old joes my sons LOVE THEM!
as for the question is more of a statement
Please Reissue and take the masks OFF of Joes like
Barbeque and Airtight, make a new DEEP SIX with actual articulation and how bout the Cobra LA team I would like a pythona and a Better Golobulus and a more "to scale" enforcer

iambob13
04-01-2008, 09:31 PM
I'll be glad to ask, but it's not up to me. The next session is the end of this month.....so if you have questions, post them here!

So March is over now. Did the Q&A go as scheduled? If so, when can we see the answers?

Also, who chooses the questions that will be asked?

Darth_Brett
04-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Do we know which questions were submitted to Hasbro for this current round of Q&A?

Buddha
04-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Why are you raping us? I love the new GI Joe figures and I really want to buy them all, but I did not get a 25% pay increase as of April 1st. Is this really a joke or do you not care about the collecting community? I want to give you my money. I will gladly sacrifice Star Wars for GI Joe. If I understand the legalese correctly, that means I give you more money the more I buy GI Joe(Lucas doesn't get his cut) rather than Star Wars.

*___*
04-11-2008, 11:23 AM
The timing couldn't be any better!! We've had a nice run of G.I. Joe addition to our Photo Archive lately, and the latest Hasbro Q&A answers comes in! NICE!
Hasbro's 6th G.I. JOE Q&A: The Answers! (http://cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_6th_GI_JOE_QA_The_Answers_113826.asp)

sambuca
04-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Crap, now we gotta wait another 6 months for the next QnA.

1) Why the price increase? We know you don't have to pay licensing fees for GIJoe like you do for Star Wars and Indiana Jones. You're going to tell me that we went from paying 4.88 to 6.84 over the course of a few months simply because you added another peg to the GIJoe figure stand? I personally think you all figure we will pay 7 bucks each for Star Wars and Indy, why not make GIJoe 7 bucks too? That and I'm sure since the demand far outweighs supply, you guys are just raking in more with each price increase.

2) How were the Target exclusives so cheap? I pay 9.99 for a repainted figure and a vehicle, or I can go to the regular pegs and pay almost 7 dollars for a repainted figure ALL BY ITSELF. You're gonna tell me it really only costs 3 dollars more for a modified old vehicle and a window box package?

3) Hall of Heroes? That is the single worst idea ever. No wait, second worst, the $2 price hike was the worst idea. Anyway, I think you guys jumped the gun on this.

OK, sorry, #3 wasn't really a question. More of an opinion.

Anyway, I seriously am this close to done. THIS close. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

edit: one more:

4) Why are you having such a difficult time making supply meet demand? You realize by the time you get enough product out there, some people will have starved to death, waiting for restock of the precious GIJoes. Are you going to take responsibility for those poor, dead, starved fans on the toy aisle? The lady at Wal-Mart is tired of sweeping up the bodies of starved GIJoe fans.

tarcanes92
04-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Crap, now we gotta wait another 6 months for the next QnA.

The Q+A is bi-monthly, not bi-yearly...

"As part of Hasbro's bi-monthly Q&A session, Cool Toy Review passed on 5 of your burning questions and now we've got the answers for you. "

sambuca
04-18-2008, 01:45 AM
Dude, I was just exaggerating. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It feels like 6 months though, with the Star Wars QnA coming far more frequently.

Anyway...

murphbri
04-18-2008, 02:42 AM
Dude, I was just exaggerating. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It feels like 6 months though, with the Star Wars QnA coming far more frequently.

Anyway...

There actually was a four-month gap between the last two Joe Q&As http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif...check out this nifty link for the round-up of all Joe Q&A to date: http://www.generalsjoes.com/qanda.html

I agree with you on the wait. Eight weeks is way too long, but according to the latest Hasbro will be going monthly. Transformers fans, meanwhile...*crickets chirping* http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

iambob13
04-18-2008, 01:05 PM
My question is about the JOE movie. How realistic is the action going to be? I mean will soldiers die, or is it going to be like the cartoon where everybody parachutes to safety? I'm imagining some good gun action like at the end of the movie "The Kingdom".

ThorOakenfelder
04-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Where can we get stands with the names of the Target Vehicle drivers since they don't come with them?

Will the vehicle drivers that are upcoming have stands?

Darth_Brett
04-20-2008, 07:21 PM
The Cobra Trouble-Bubble is coming out soon. Will the Tele-Viper packed in with the vehicle also have his radar equipment and backpack? A Tele-Viper seems kind of, I don't know, "naked" without that gear.

SSIntimidator
04-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Seriously, why the cheap flimsy plastic for this line? The figures are hard to pose with such loose joints and easily bending limbs, most can hardly hold their weapons because the hand pose is either too big or the fingers won't allow for the weapon to be "locked" in place with the index finger being able to hold a gun - see the Clone Troopers for a perfect example of how to fix this.

And, why do you insist on making one hand into a completely unusable fist like we see in Destro and Cobra Commander?

These figures would have been much, much better if you simply patterned the line after the SA clones, with the added hip articulation.

04-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Knowing full well your stance on Playsets and Accessory Sets not selling very well, what about combining the two? You could release sets that could not only have weapons and other items, but have set pieces to build a evironment or base for the figures to battle it out. One set could build a small camp or bunker and by buying more you could expand it further?

CHEWIE
04-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Will the "movie figures" be more styled like Star Wars figures in terms of how they are constructed?

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

WarCry
04-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Will the "movie figures" be more styled like Star Wars figures in terms of how they are constructed?

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

And if the answer is "Yes" can you change your mind? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Darth_Brett
04-30-2008, 09:32 PM
They confirmed this a while back. The movie line figures are going to be the same size, same look and feel, body type, just as articulate and use the same body construction as the current line.

RogueStar
05-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Hasbro, can you please leave the stickers for the vehicles on the sticker sheet? Pre-applied labels take part of the fun out of buying GI Joe vehicles. Maybe you could do away with the window box design, and make the boxes more like the Star Wars vehicles? With the old GI Joe vehicle artwork of course. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

iambob13
05-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Hasbro, can you please leave the stickers for the vehicles on the sticker sheet? Pre-applied labels take part of the fun out of buying GI Joe vehicles. Maybe you could do away with the window box design, and make the boxes more like the Star Wars vehicles? With the old GI Joe vehicle artwork of course. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seconded! The plastic packaging can be easily damaged. That's not good to a collector. Non-bent antennaes on the AWE stricker would have been nice, too. I don't think they would have been pre-attached if the vehicle was just in a box instead of "cool action display" packaging.

Tontus314
05-07-2008, 10:00 AM
I third stopping the pre-applied labels as well. The quality control isn't quite up to par on the pre-applied labels that I've seen so far.

RogueStar
05-10-2008, 09:23 AM
I third stopping the pre-applied labels as well. The quality control isn't quite up to par on the pre-applied labels that I've seen so far.

Yeah, this is the primary reason I don't want the labels pre-applied. I had to peel off the central star sticker on my AWE Striker and re-apply it. Needless to say, now it looks like crap because the sticker has ripples and a bit of a haze under it. Do I just consider it battle damage...? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

holwer
05-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Dear Hasbro -

The original Snake Eyes from the first Anniversary Collection Set has finally been released on a single card, but it has been impossible for me and anyone else I know to find, but the second and third Snake Eyes seem to be much easier to find.

Your website is out of stock and I'm only finding it at outrageous prices elsewhere on the net. I'm wondering if the difficulty in finding this figure single carded is a result of a low amount that was made or is it because it's such a great selling figure that it's hard to keep in stock?

Either way, as this is my favorite Snake Eyes design and my all time favorite Joe figure of any era, I'm wondering if that specific figure with that specific all black paint job will ever be rereleased in a larger number on a single card anytime soon?

Keep up the great work, Holwer

JoeDarkfall
05-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Dear Hasbro,

It's probably too late now, but for future releases of such items as The Trouble Bubble, can't you include some clear plastic so that these can be elevated in a flight mode for display (such as you've done with the SW Staps)?

JoeDarkfall
05-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Will we ever see any women in Cobra Gear (female troopers, crimson guards, etc...)? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darth_Brett
05-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Dear Hasbro,

As you know, the question of whether or not this line will continue past 2008 with more updates of classic (ARAH '82-'91) figures is frequently asked; and as of yet, still hasn't been confirmed (or at least clearly). Can you tell us if we can look forward to more updates of classic characters (example, Dusty, Blowtorch, Monkeywrench, Big Boa, Low-Light, Recondo, Rip Cord, etc.) being made in 2009 and beyond? It certainly seems as though this line has made it's mark and could sustain it's popularity for many years to come!

*___*
06-02-2008, 05:16 PM
The 7th G.I. Joe Q&A session will be posted a little bit later than usually planned (supposed to come back tomorrow).

Hasbro has had so many questions and new sites joining up, it's taking them a bit longer than usual to answer them! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

As soon as I get the answers, I'll let everyone know.

*___*
06-03-2008, 04:28 PM
The 7th Hasbro G.I. Joe Q&A Session has come in!
Hasbro's 7th G.I. JOE Q&A: The Answers! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_7th_GI_JOE_QA_The_Answers_115084.asp)

Highlights include:

Wil there be a Battle Damaged B.A.T.?
Why are there so many empty pegs?
Will there be playsets/environment pieces?
Why the pre-applied stickers?
How long with the 25th line continue?

Please keep the questions coming here, because I think I've gotten through most of them in here by now. We need some new ones!

06-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I have a question? is there any HOPE of Hasbro doing an oringinal style ZARTAN, ZARANA & ZANDAR with their tradmark outfits and color change abilities??? like Zartan with his swamp Skier????

RogueStar
06-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Argh... guess I'll have to get more handy at carefully peeling off those labels! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Thanks for posting our questions. Here's another one:

Hasbro, you're probably going to hear this question a lot and get sick of hearing it: what was the reasoning behind Major Bludd having a "stiff" right arm? Besides the original figure having a similar lack of articulation, is this supposed to be something character-related? (Bludd moved that elbow plenty in the cartoon and comics.) And what chance is there that the figure will be revised sometime in the future with full articulation in that arm?

LITTLEOBIWAN
08-05-2008, 04:40 AM
I cant wait for the film and the new tie-in figures.....

iambob13
08-05-2008, 03:49 PM
This might be a weird question, but I'd love to have them:

Will there be any XBOX themes or gamertags released for G.I. JOE? Transformers has a G1 and movie set of both. I'd like to see the same with JOEs. Thanks.

*___*
08-05-2008, 05:23 PM
The 8th Hasbro G.I. Joe Q&A Session has come in!
Hasbro's 8th G.I. JOE Q&A: The Answers! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_8th_GI_JOE_QA_The_Answers_115884.asp)

Highlights include:

Will we see a new USS Flagg?
Will there be another mail-away offer?
Color change Zartan, Zarana, and Zandar?
Why the "stiff arm" Major Bludd?
Will there be any other tribute figures like Matt Tracker?

Please keep the questions coming here, otherwise, I'll have to make them up myself! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jedicrippler
08-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Okay, since they're not going to make any more figures like Matt Trakker who have absolutely no ties to the Joe universe, how about something that does. Like human characters from the Transformers: Spike (cartoon) or Buster Witwicky & Circuit Breaker (comics)? There were true, in continuity crossovers with G.I. Joe & TF in the 80s. Both comics (the mini-series, plus when Cobra rebuilt Megatron into the tank form) & the cartoon (mind you, it was in the post-movie 2006 era,but they did have Flint's granddaughter & an aged Cobra Commander). I mean, if you can do a figure that has no connection at all to Joe lore, you can certainly consider characters from the 1 line that's actually connected to it.

EmperorPalpitate
08-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Wow, what a waste of questions! Most of those have been answered in past Joe Q&A sessions, only on other sites. I can't even count how many times the FLAGG and Major Bludd ones have been asked. Let's do a little research before posting these questions guys!

The_Man_with_No_Name
08-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Okay, since they're not going to make any more figures like Matt Trakker who have absolutely no ties to the Joe universe, how about something that does. Like human characters from the Transformers: Spike (cartoon) or Buster Witwicky & Circuit Breaker (comics)? There were true, in continuity crossovers with G.I. Joe & TF in the 80s.

Don't forget the entire Marvel Universe. Spider-Man appeared in issue 3 of the original 4-part Transformers mini-series. If Transformers existed in the Joe verse and the Marvel universe, by extension, G.I. Joe also existed in the regular Marvel universe as well. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

So, with Hasbro creating a 4" superhero line, you can start paring up Snake Eyes with Daredevil or the Punisher, and Storm Shadow with Elektra and the Hand ninjas, now. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jedicrippler
08-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Okay, since they're not going to make any more figures like Matt Trakker who have absolutely no ties to the Joe universe, how about something that does. Like human characters from the Transformers: Spike (cartoon) or Buster Witwicky & Circuit Breaker (comics)? There were true, in continuity crossovers with G.I. Joe & TF in the 80s.

Don't forget the entire Marvel Universe. Spider-Man appeared in issue 3 of the original 4-part Transformers mini-series. If Transformers existed in the Joe verse and the Marvel universe, by extension, G.I. Joe also existed in the regular Marvel universe as well. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

So, with Hasbro creating a 4" superhero line, you can start paring up Snake Eyes with Daredevil or the Punisher, and Storm Shadow with Elektra and the Hand ninjas, now. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yeah, but we're already getting figures of them in this scale. They've never done any of the puny fleshlings in figure form though. If they can make Specialist Trakker, they can dang well make Circuit Breaker. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

iambob13
08-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Is there any chance of getting JOE Titanium vehicles sometime around the movie, maybe? It could be a mix of classic vehicles and new ones. I'd love to have a Rattler and Hiss tank titamiums.

DarthAndosMan
08-06-2008, 01:26 PM
i have an idea for hasbro to make all gi joe collectors happy, a seven-pack of the joes

1. snake eyes (the snake eyes with timber version without the timber)
2. duke (first sergeant version)
3. roadblock
4. flint
5. gung-ho
6. scarlet
7. shipwreck

then a cobra 7-pack featuring:
1. cobra commander (hood version)
2. zartan
3. destro
4. baroness
5. serpantor
6. storm shadow
7. cobra solider

thank you for reading my idea for hasbro folks

murphbri
08-07-2008, 08:32 PM
The 8th Hasbro G.I. Joe Q&A Session has come in!
Hasbro's 8th G.I. JOE Q&A: The Answers! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_8th_GI_JOE_QA_The_Answers_115884.asp)

Highlights include:

Will we see a new USS Flagg?
Will there be another mail-away offer?
Color change Zartan, Zarana, and Zandar?
Why the "stiff arm" Major Bludd?
Will there be any other tribute figures like Matt Tracker?

Please keep the questions coming here, otherwise, I'll have to make them up myself! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I love the Q&A and read it from all the various Joe sites! I didn't know you were in need of questions, here are some I haven't seen asked and that I think would benefit fans/collectors:

1. Could we get a nifty checklist/handbook in .pdf format similar to what the Star Wars collectors have? It would really help collectors to track down all the various exclusives if they knew the estimated release dates and which retailers had which exclusive.

2. Could we get a list of all the official, intentional variants from waves one through present on the single carded line? This would help collectors to distinguish between errors vs. variants when trying to complete their collection.

3. What are the production numbers of last year's SDCC exclusive gold/silver Destro and this year's black/blue suited Cobra Commander? I know these were limited editions, so I was curious as to how "limited" these were exactly. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kielbassa
08-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Some characters from the '80s JOE line are being re-introduced in multipacks instead of on single cards. I think several characters deserve their own carded release. Any chance of releasing the folowing figures carded?

-MASS Device Lady Jaye
-Quick Kick
-Dusty
-Tele-Viper
-Scrap-Iron
-Tripwire
-Iron Grenadier
-Mainframe ("Data Frame")

Thanks.

TRS_Janobi
08-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Any chances of making figures based on the new animated series GI Joe: Resolute in 25th figure form?

iambob13
09-16-2008, 01:03 PM
This is kind of a continuation of this question I asked earlier:

This might be a weird question, but I'd love to have them:

Will there be any XBOX themes or gamertags released for G.I. JOE? Transformers has a G1 and movie set of both. I'd like to see the same with JOEs. Thanks.

On top of that, is there any chance of getting the old JOE arcade game released on XBOX live/other console network?

With the introduction of the XBOX Avatars what are the chances of getting downloadable content, such as outfits, for these avatars? A Snake Eyes or Cobra Viper Avatar would rock.

JoeDarkfall
09-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Your recent battle packs have been awesome. Any chance of seeing battle backs consisting of Joe & Cobra Female Troopers as seen in the episode "Sirens of the Conch?" Now these would be two seperate battle packs like the Green shirts.

JoeDarkfall
09-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Will you be rereleasing the Dragonfly or the Tomahawk Or might you give us something even better such as the DragonHawk to go with our 4" LiftTicket & Wild Bill?

JoeDarkfall
09-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Dear Hasbro,

For future releases of such items as The Trouble Bubble, can't you include some clear plastic so that these can be elevated in a flight mode for display (such as you've done with the SW Staps)? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JoeDarkfall
09-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Since you're including Matt Tracker into the Joe line I was wondering if we might ever see the characters of Lennox & Epps (Transformers) included into the Joe ranks? Which of course could also beg the question of will we see Joe/Transformers movie since you own both properties? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tarcanes92
09-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Has anyone asked hasbro to produce vehicle file cards for the 3 Target exclusives from the spring? It would be nice to "complete the collection". They could put them on the website so we could print them off.

ThorOakenfelder
09-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Has anyone asked hasbro to produce vehicle file cards for the 3 Target exclusives from the spring? It would be nice to "complete the collection". They could put them on the website so we could print them off.

That would be nice, but even nicer would be stands for those characters.

solid_strider
09-23-2008, 02:18 PM
And weapons.

*___*
09-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey folks....if you've got some G.I. Joe questions you need answered, post them here for the next session.....I'm sending 5 questions in on Monday, so think of some good ones over the weekend and post them here!

Buffalo_MC
09-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Question to Hasbro
Any chance we will be seeing any larger vehicles released, perhaps the WHALE hovercraft or Joe headquarters?

ThorOakenfelder
09-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Hey folks....if you've got some G.I. Joe questions you need answered, post them here for the next session.....I'm sending 5 questions in on Monday, so think of some good ones over the weekend and post them here!

There's a lot of unasked questions already in this thread. Why not cull a few more from them?

*___*
09-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Well, crap! I missed the deadline...I completely forgot it was noon today (I thought it was 2:00) Sorry about that.

The next session isn't until November. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JoeDarkfall
09-30-2008, 06:10 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

iambob13
09-30-2008, 12:20 PM
wtf!?

Darth_Brett
10-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Besides Sgt Slaughter, are there any other characters from the classic ARAH days ('82-'91) of the Joeverse that would never be made?

WarCry
10-10-2008, 05:15 PM
The Fridge....

I honestly don't think they'll make a Crystal Ball figure. I suppose it might already be planned and I'll eat my words, but I think I've only seen the mock-up that they've released...

JediKnutt
10-11-2008, 09:58 AM
How about a Build the B.E.T. series of battlepacks? Seems like the logical next step after the MASS device.

Darth_Brett
10-11-2008, 10:55 AM
The Fridge....

I honestly don't think they'll make a Crystal Ball figure. I suppose it might already be planned and I'll eat my words, but I think I've only seen the mock-up that they've released...

Yeah, forgot about The Fridge. Now Crystal Ball on the other hand I don't think is all that far-fetched at all. I think he will eventually see a release in the new line at some point.

Darth_Brett
10-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Is there somehow a way that you could showcase all of the art so far for the new line? This includes all of the vehicle drivers and special battle packs, DVD packs and comic packs. Your website has the art for up to wave 2 but none after that. Part of what makes GI Joe so cool is the awesome artwork depicted on the filecards.

JoeDarkfall
10-16-2008, 01:45 AM
Dear Hasbro,

The current Joe line is supposed to go on a break when the Movie figures come out. I know a lot of collectors are moaning about that. Will you be continuing the comic 2 packs to at least give us our original Joe cravings just incase many collectors don't want the new figures?

Note: I don't count myself as one of those who won't buy the Joe movie figures. Much like the current Joe line, I'll only buy the figures I think are cool...not a completist.

JoeDarkfall
10-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Dear Hasbro,

Before the line goes on break for the movie figures, will we be getting a Zarana figure to round out the most important players of Zartan's group?

Sentinel18725
10-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Need to finish off the Drednoks (including both siblings) RoadPig, Thrasher Machine, Zanzibar, Gwangahyde, etc.

Loved that subset..

Then, let's get cracking on the Iron Grenadiers!

tarcanes92
11-01-2008, 02:11 AM
Need to finish off the Drednoks (including both siblings) RoadPig, Thrasher Machine, Zanzibar, Gwangahyde, etc.

Thrasher Machine???? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thrasher is the Dreadnok who came with the Thunder Machine. And etc. includes Monkeywrench. Are there any other Dreadnoks from the 80s/early 90s?

WarCry
11-01-2008, 08:52 AM
If they're going to make the Dreadnoks, I wouldn't mind seeing the classics already mentioned along with the two new ladies for the 'Noks, Zanya and Heartwrencher...

John_Solo
11-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Will you be providing replacement web gear for those of us customers whose Dusty figures (from the Arise Serpentor Arise! DVD Pack) did not include this item? This omission seems to be very widespread, and we would appreciate the oppurtunity to have the accessory sent to us as soon as possible, at Hasbro's cost, of course. Thank you.

JoeDarkfall
11-08-2008, 03:26 PM
So heres to hoping that we get questions sent in THIS TIME.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
1) Dear Hasbro,

The current Joe line is supposed to go on a break when the Movie figures come out. I know a lot of collectors are moaning about that. Will you be continuing the comic 2 packs to at least give us our original Joe cravings just incase many collectors don't want the new figures?

Note: I don't count myself as one of those who won't buy the Joe movie figures. Much like the current Joe line, I'll only buy the figures I think are cool...not a completist.

2) Before the line goes on break for the movie figures, will we be getting a Zarana figure to round out the most important players of Zartan's group?

3)It's probably too late now, but for future releases of such items as The Trouble Bubble, can't you include some clear plastic so that these can be elevated in a flight mode for display (such as you've done with the SW Staps)?

4)Will we ever see any women in Cobra Gear (female troopers, crimson guards, etc...?

5)Will you be rereleasing the Dragonfly or the Tomahawk Or might you give us something even better such as the DragonHawk to go with our 4" LiftTicket & Wild Bill?

6)Since you're including Matt Tracker into the Joe line I was wondering if we might ever see the characters of Lennox & Epps (Transformers) included into the Joe ranks? Which of course could also beg the question of will we see Joe/Transformers movie since you own both properties?

7)Your recent battle packs have been awesome. Any chance of seeing battle backs consisting of Joe & Cobra Female Troopers as seen in the episode "Sirens of the Conch?" Now these would be two seperate battle packs like the Green shirts.

CharethCutestory
11-16-2008, 01:34 AM
(Apologies if this has already been covered in another post)

For the comic packs, is there any chance that we'll see an unmasked Snake-Eyes or a Hawk with black jacket and blond hair as they appeared at various points in the Marvel run?

DarthHavok1
11-18-2008, 06:37 PM
1. Is there any chance that we'll see a figure of Billy the Cobra Commander's son, in a future comic pack?

2. What are the chances of a new figure of Kwinn the Eskimo, complete with dog team, and sled?

3. Will you ever consider making figures of the Joes in dress uniforms, as well as figures of them in civilian clothes?

ThorOakenfelder
11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
will there be a place to get the web gear for Dusty for those of us who received a Dusty without in our Serpentor battlepacks?

Jedi_Mathyus
11-28-2008, 12:23 PM
This is my first Joe question, so if it has been asked, I am sorry.

Hasbro,

With the release of Specialist (Matt) Trakker now out, do you plan to release a Miles Mayhem figure? I ask this as it says on his file card that V.E.N.O.M. is a working part of Cobra.

Thanks

*___*
12-01-2008, 06:29 PM
The 10th Hasbro G.I. Joe Q&A Session has come in!
Hasbro's 10th G.I. JOE Q&A: The Answers! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_GI_JOE_QA_Session_The_Answers_119067.asp)

Highlights include:

Will there be any female Cobra Troopers?
Can we get a downloadable pdf file for the G.I.Joe line?
Is there any way to showcase the art from the cardbacks?
Will Zarana make it into the line?
What about Dusty's web gear?

That will wrap up the Hasbro G.I. Joe Q&A sessions for 2008. Thanks go out to Michael Ritchie, Global Brand Marketing Director, G.I. Joe and all of the folks at Hasbro and Hunter PR for their tireless efforts to give us all the news we need to know. Because knowing is half the battle...

See you next year!

ThorOakenfelder
12-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Those answers are useless. I think that across the board from the Q&A's I read this month they have really gone out of their way to provide no answers. It's disheartening that they have no plans to make the missing webgear right for those of us without it.

murphbri
12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Awesome, thanks for asking some of my questions Dan! (And very clever of you to combine them into one so we can get the most out of those crafty Hasbro and Hunter PR guys). http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thunder
12-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Dear Hasbro,

When will we be getting Dr. Mindbender?

He was a key character in season 2, so it seems silly that he hasn't been released yet.

smithrm65
12-08-2008, 03:17 PM
dear hasbro,
I am a huge fan and was excited to see matt trakker, does that mean we can look forward to other figures and vehicles 3 3/4 size of M.a.s.k. as an off shoot of gijoe

ShmashWitdaclub
12-08-2008, 07:04 PM
dear hasbro,
I am a huge fan and was excited to see matt trakker, does that mean we can look forward to other figures and vehicles 3 3/4 size of M.a.s.k. as an off shoot of gijoe

Thats been answered already and the answer is no.

Trev
12-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Any plans to release the cancelled vehicle wave? I was really looking forward to the FLAK w/ Outback.

DarthTim
12-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Are there any plans to release the original Joe Headquarters?

Are there any plans to release some larger vehicles: i.e. Mauler, WHALE, Moray, etc.?

ThorOakenfelder
12-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Dear Hasbro,

In 2009 can we get more informative answers for our questions? the last year's answers were all pretty standard non answers.

jokabofe
12-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Any plans to release the cancelled vehicle wave? I was really looking forward to the FLAK w/ Outback.

If they were going to release it they wouldn't have canceled it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MonkeyCrumb
01-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Dear Hasbro

Any chance of seeing Tomax and Xamot in business suits, similar to the Cobra Commander SDCC suit, but as a general release?

orbles
02-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Dear Hasbro,
I have been having a very hard time collecting all the figures in the 25th Ann line. Some waves hit once and then never again. I am still missing 2 figures from Wave 13 and the very elusive Wraith variant. Recently both WalMarts and the Target in my area were all sent a very old assortment of Wave 4. Will there be future assortments of Waves 10-13 available at mass market? What are your plans for this line after the movie figures have hit? Thank you very much.

*___*
02-25-2009, 01:55 PM
The G.I.Joe Q&A sessions are starting back up next month, so if you have any questions that you'd like to have answered regarding the Joe line(s), post them here and I'll pass them along to the Hasbro team!

I know there's a bunch of questions already here to choose from, but if you've got some new ones, now's the time to ask! The first round for 2009 is due on Monday, March 2.

DarthTim
02-25-2009, 02:03 PM
I've got a couple questions:
When will the new 7-packs be available? Where will they be available (retail &/or e-tailers)? Cost?

With the movie line willing to produce larger scale vehicles (i.e. night raven & The PITT), will this mean that the Classics (25th anniversary) line will also get the same treatment?

When should we expect the current figure line to return to store shelves after the movie toys fail miserablly? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ThorOakenfelder
02-25-2009, 02:34 PM
would it be possible to get some characters in Dress uniforms?

SSIntimidator
02-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Why triggers! None of the figures can hold any of the weapons with full triggers molded.

murphbri
02-25-2009, 08:33 PM
1) While it was understood that Toy Fair would be focusing on the movie line, it would be reassuring to some fan's minds if you could answer exactly what product we can expect to see (and therefore know to keep an eye out for to buy http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif) come out from now until the movie line hits in July? (Singles, comic packs, vehicles, etc.)

2) Any additional info you could give on the new 7-packs would be most appreciated. Suggested retail price, approximate release date, accessories included, pics with gear, etc?

3) Fans were very happy to find that the fifth wave of vehicles has been solicited online. (Flak, Stinger, etc.) However I have seen some confusion in the forums that I was hoping you could clarify: will this wave only be available online, and will the drivers differ in deco/accessories from the announced 7-packs?

Thanks! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

*___*
03-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Our latest Hasbro G.I. Joe Q&A Session has come in!
Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A: The Answers! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_GI_JOE_QA_Session_The_Answers_121410.asp)

murphbri
03-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A: The Answers! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_GI_JOE_QA_Session_The_Answers_121410.asp)

Thanks for asking my questions Dan! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif So awesome to get my questions answered by Hasbro, even if they weren't the answers I wanted to hear. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm happy to know that the vehicles will be eventually coming to retail, but I think I'll keep my pre-order with BBTS just to be safe. Wish I had more classic goodness to look forward to before the movie line hits. Can't wait for more news/pics on the 7-packs!

EmperorPalpitate
03-14-2009, 11:55 AM
I just posted this in the 25th Anniversary thread, but just in case anybody looks here.....

Here are the links to all the Joe Q&As, including this most recent round.

http://www.generalsjoes.com/qanda.html

Count_Dracula
03-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the link Palpy, I don't check the 25th thread very often.

*___*
04-28-2009, 10:20 AM
The next G.I.Joe Q&A session is due on Sunday (I'm giving myself a day-early deadline so I don't miss out!), so if you have any questions that you'd like to have answered regarding the Joe line(s), post them here and I'll pass them along to the Hasbro team!

We get 3 questions, and I think I've got a few already, but since these are bi-monthly, they may be outdated.

So if you've got some new ones, now's the time to ask! The second round for 2009 is due on Monday, May 4.

DarthTim
04-28-2009, 12:05 PM
1. Will we be seeing larger vehicles from the Resolute series when the new Resolute figures hit retail? (i.e. hypersonic jets, helicopters, tanks, flight pods, etc.)

2. With the relative success of the BMF, AT-TE, the soon to be released Turbo Tank, and other large vehicles from Star Wars what do we have to do to show that there is a market for a Resolute USS FLAGG? We can beg if we have to or even start a petition!

ThorOakenfelder
04-28-2009, 02:10 PM
is there a chance of getting a Dusty, Quick Kick, or Alpine single carded?

echoplex
04-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Will we see all the figures including vehicle drivers from '82-'87 released in the modern 25th style?

ShmashWitdaclub
04-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Will we see a re-release of the "Best of the 80's set"? These cannot be obtained unless people are willing to pay over 3x the amount of the suggested retail price. If they will not be re-released, when will we see Alpine again? Also, how else will collectors be able to obtain the 5th and final piece to create their MASS Device?

ShmashWitdaclub
04-28-2009, 03:01 PM
We have seen the new pictures of Monkeywrench, what other Dreadnocks are next in line to be released?

echoplex
04-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Will we see a re-release of the "Best of the 80's set"? These cannot be obtained unless people are willing to pay over 3x the amount of the suggested retail price. If they will not be re-released, when will we see Alpine again? Also, how else will collectors be able to obtain the 5th and final piece to create their MASS Device?

They already said in the last Q&A that they won't re-release this set. They said they have distributed it in fair amounts. It's not Hasbro's fault that people chose to scalp this set and create artificial demand.

P.S. get your money back from that crooked ***** seller carrie and just buy it. There is one on the bay right now for $45 BIN

ShmashWitdaclub
04-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I remember, that is why I also threw in the follow up questions.

unless it is a different item, or has already been purchased, the $45 one I see up is a preorder also.

ThorOakenfelder
04-28-2009, 08:43 PM
when can we expect to see more Resolute items?

Will we see a continuation of the Resolute cartoon? Will we see it on DVD?

echoplex
04-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Will we see any more re-issued vehicles from the 80's?

solid_strider
04-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Will we see any more re-issued vehicles from the 80's?

...that are new molds AND aren't repaints?

ThorOakenfelder
04-30-2009, 01:52 PM
can we get a reissue of Falcon from the comic pack on a single card with the newer arms?

*___*
05-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A: The Answers! (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_GI_JOE_QA_Session_The_Answers_122753.asp)

DarthHavok1
06-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Dear Hasbro,
Could you please release the rest of the original vehicles, and sets from 1982? The HAL (heavy, artillery, laser), MMS (Mobile, Missile, System), JUMP jet pack (with launch pad & Grandslam with red chest guard)? Could you also release the Dragonfly? We keep getting so many Wild Bills, but we still don't have his ride http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

DarthNervous
06-24-2009, 07:28 AM
Dear Hasbro,

I think you should release updated versions of the Cobra bunker, Ammo Dump, outpost, etc to have little playsets. They are cheap to produce and do not require that much packaging...and...are awesome!!

SSIntimidator
06-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Hasbro: Nobody wants a new FLAGG more than the team on the G.I. Joe brand. Right now, we all have to sit tight, wait for the movie to be huge, and then we can think about a FLAGG for the next generation of kids.

HAHAHA, wait for the movie to be huge. They're gonna be waiting a loooooooooooooooong time.

ThorOakenfelder
06-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Dear Hasbro, Where are the 7 Packs? there aren't even any preorders online for them.

ShyTown
07-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Dear Hasbro, Where are the 7 Packs? there aren't even any preorders online for them.

Awesome question!!!