PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with forceonetoys

Arbal
04-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Hello readers,

I'm one of the owner of Mintinbox.net website (in France). I was contacted 1 month ago by the owner of Forceonetoys web shop to be partner of Mintinbox.
As a test I placed a pretty expensive order on the shop. The owner received it and confirmed it, then I never got the information reagarding my shipping (tracking number and confirmation). I sent many many emails but no response. Today the shop is off line.
Does anybody know the owner, have already dealt with him ?
Somebody can help to find a solution on my problem ?

Thanks by advance for this much needed help but is pretty tough to deal with it from France.

Pierre

Yoda_Worshiper
04-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Pierre,

There are quite a few of us on the Gentle Giant Collectors website who are in the same boat as you are, me included. It appears that this individual is a scam artist, at least what any of us have been able to figure out so far and he has gotten away with alot of money from us.

I'm personally having to go through my bank to get my money back by filing fraudulent charges against this guy and his business. Maybe you can go that route as well. Chances are you won't see your merchandise. I'm sorry to hear about your problems, as this just confirms alot or our fears.

YW

Arbal
04-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the answer ...
As a test on the website, I placed an order of $155 to know
if the guy is reliable.
I paid with Propay payment.
On the 28th of March I sent this email :
/On Wed Mar 28 4:38 , 'Arbal' sent:
Hello,
I tried several times to contact you by email but I did not get any response. I'm worrying about my order seriously ...
Did you send it ? When ? Is there a tracking number ?
Please let me know,
Regards,
Pierre

Then I got the following response on the 29th of March :
/forceone@forceonetoys.com a écrit :
Hello, sorry for the delayed response I have had several large orders come in or shipments of toys and had to let someone go so ended up doing their job as well.I will check on your items but they were in fact sent and by my calculations should have been there or at least should be
there in a day if not already. I will check and get back to you in the morning and again sorry for the delay I forgot to check my other email, this is the best address to reach me at.

Since then, I tried to send him emails but without any response. And the site went offline and the email address does not work anymore.

I contacted the ISP of the seller and I logged a request to have personal information of the seller beause the other email from Florentino Mendez does not answer anymore too.

I already contacted Propay that told me they cannot do anything for me.
I contacted my bank and they cannot to anything either.

If somebody can help to find the guy ...

Mapman
04-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Drop me a PM and I will pass on the phone number and gmail account I have for the owner.

I just called the number and I got voicemail, but it's at least not disconected, yet.

UPDATE: I just got an email from them, they are still around, and hope to have the website back up in a day or so. Look for an update from them soon on the boards, not sure which one though, probably yodanews and/or GGC.

Arbal
04-05-2007, 03:42 PM
thanks I sent you a MP ...

did you try the gmail account to contact them ?

DARTHJOSEPH
04-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Sounds very similar to a 419 scam to me...

http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm

If you have not yet heard from them or recieved your money back...it could be trouble. Sorry guys http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Arbal
04-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Interesting iformation there :
http://forums.thebothanspy.com/showthread.php?p=73990&posted=1#post73990 BothanSpy (http://forums.thebothanspy.com/showthread.php?p=73990&posted=1#post73990)

Arbal
04-05-2007, 07:34 PM
I just reached Tony on the phone. He explained me he had personal issues and security issue on the website.
So as I told him, I'll post you this message that he told me he will deal all the orders that have not been already sent.

Mapman
04-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I got another email asking to publically post the email they can access and are responding to. So if you have an outstanding order you are waiting on, send it to the gmail account.

forceonetoys@gmail.com

Arbal
04-13-2007, 02:02 PM
No news regarding my order ...

I really do need help ...

Pierre

Arbal
04-13-2007, 02:29 PM
I just got Tony on the phone, he is going to send me by email my "so waited" tracking number within the next hours. He put the bos at the post.
He hired a new guy to redo the website and it will be online within 3 days (he told me sunday evening Eastern Time I guess).
I hope it helped you guys, he also told me he dealt other orders on the dock ...

Pierre

Yoda_Worshiper
04-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Still no website.

Still nothing to anyone in regards to orders, or emails.

As I stated on the GGC Forums, this guy is bad news. I've filed paperwork and the whole shebang to get my money back. I highly advise anyone else to do it as well.

Arbal
04-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Still no website.

Still nothing to anyone in regards to orders, or emails.

As I stated on the GGC Forums, this guy is bad news. I've filed paperwork and the whole shebang to get my money back. I highly advise anyone else to do it as well.

Weel I'm afraid you are right ...
I could write a huge post regarding what happened to me wuth this guy !