PDA

View Full Version : SSC 1:4 Scale Boba Fett Part 2

Amir
03-30-2007, 01:33 AM
Please continue your discussion on the SSC 1:4 Scale Boba Fett here.

Continued from: Part 1. (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2481638&Main=1997750#Post2481638)

jango22
04-01-2007, 05:10 AM
cancelled mine - looks so cheap -with all of the cast seals evident.

Not worth the price.

DXiRoNMaN
04-01-2007, 08:34 AM
i could really ignore the plastic body if the base was solid polystone and the stupid antenna stayed up straight. how could they screw up the antenna!??!

I_need_a_hero
04-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Yea I sold mine -I could not understand why even the base was not up to par with the other figures in this line. I mean surely that had nothing to do with plastic shrinkage or whatever the reasoning was that Boba had to be plastic. This statue was just a total let down for me. I really hope with Maul they go back to the way the other figures have been made. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SgtPsych
04-01-2007, 12:13 PM
I was over at another collectors site, and it seems like its an even split down the middle among those who are happy with Boba, and those who are not.

I for one love this piece, but with all of the controversy and lack of satisfaction for the majority, I can see this piece being easily picked up later down the road for cheaper on Ebay. But then again, all the PF seems to be selling for less than retail on Ebay at least Star Wars.

FartVader
04-01-2007, 03:52 PM
I absolutely love this piece. You can't tell it's made out of plastic unless you go by weight alone. I have all the PF statues and this one isn't lighter than the Leia as an example. I really can't understand all the fuss but to each his own. The one detail I noticed (and not until I placed him next of all my other statues is that he doesn't seem to be in the correct scale. Wasn't Boba Fett about an entire head smaller than darth vader in Empire Strikes Back? This Boba Fett statue is almost the same height as SS Vader.

I think GG got the scaling correctly when they made Boba Fett and Vader. Other than that, I think this is truly an amazing piece.

Trebor
04-01-2007, 04:24 PM
I absolutely love this piece. You can't tell it's made out of plastic unless you go by weight alone. I have all the PF statues and this one isn't lighter than the Leia as an example. I really can't understand all the fuss but to each his own. The one detail I noticed (and not until I placed him next of all my other statues is that he doesn't seem to be in the correct scale. Wasn't Boba Fett about an entire head smaller than darth vader in Empire Strikes Back? This Boba Fett statue is almost the same height as SS Vader.

I think GG got the scaling correctly when they made Boba Fett and Vader. Other than that, I think this is truly an amazing piece.

Do you have any pics of Fett next to Vader?

K_D
04-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Perhaps its down to the pose and base? Is the Fett base thicker than the Vader base?
Vaders front leg is bent but Fett is pretty much stood straight I'd imagine if Vader was stood int he same pose as Fett he'd be a bit taller?

jango22
04-02-2007, 02:50 AM
I disagree - you can tell it is made out of plastic - because of all the joins and cheap looking accessories - like the jet pack and rifle.

It just looks so cheap - and this is supposed to be a high end collectable.

I mean - why is the base,feet,hands,rifle made out of plastic - surely they could have been polystone at least - I am so glad I cancelled mine.

DXiRoNMaN
04-02-2007, 07:58 AM
using their "shrinkage" excuse pretty much everything could've been polystone except for the torso. make the lower half polystone and have the torso snap in place or something. the jetpack, gun and base all look and feel so cheap. his antenna doesn't stay up straight (even the Hasbro Fett's didn't have this problem!).
the SS Vader has plastic armor and his body is polystone. i was hoping it wouldn't be the case but in the end it looks like SS did cheap out on us. they pulled a Master Replicas. just too bad it was with the one everybody wanted and not a Luke. hopefully they redeem themselves with Maul

Combat2000
04-02-2007, 08:12 AM
I'll admit it could have been cheaper price-wise. I wish the antenna would stay up without help, but I gotta say I still love the thing, and it looks awesome to me. I do wish he had fabric gloves like the proto, but I'm keeping mine.

Neal
04-02-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure if it's supposed to be removable, but the little piece on the side of Fett's helmet that holds his range finder in place comes off on mine. It easily snaps back into place, and if you press it in a bit tighter, the range finder stays all the way upright without a problem. For those of you having issues with this, you may want to lightly squeeze the sides of his helmet. Results may vary.

Mister_Gosh
04-02-2007, 12:08 PM
the SS Vader has plastic armor and his body is polystone.

No, Vader has Polystone armor in most places. The outer helmet is the notable exception.

They could get away with this because the armor is a few thick pieces that are practically an extension of the underlying body, where with Fett the thin pieces have to sit so that they are obviously on top of the clothes.

DXiRoNMaN
04-02-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm not sure if it's supposed to be removable, but the little piece on the side of Fett's helmet that holds his range finder in place comes off on mine. It easily snaps back into place, and if you press it in a bit tighter, the range finder stays all the way upright without a problem. For those of you having issues with this, you may want to lightly squeeze the sides of his helmet. Results may vary.

are you serious? you're saying that part can be pushed in and hold the antenna in place?

Neal
04-02-2007, 03:17 PM

are you serious? you're saying that part can be pushed in and hold the antenna in place?

With mine, when I applied a bit of pressure to the piece, it seemed to have tightened up a bit. The range finder now stands straight up with no problems.

Tweekem
04-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Ok everyone. I need some serious help with this decision here... Im a BIG Boba head.. just love this character. I think because of the mystery behind him and the armor.

Here is my delimma.... I have #71 (SS EX PF Fett) and I decided to send him back due to the hoses being kinked and the antenna being loose and bent. My issue here is that I dont know if I should return it or take the replacement. I like the way it looks but am upset that the quality is WAY below the othe PF figs as far as materials and obvious shortcomings like plastic instead of cloth gloves. This is my first PF and unless there is a Jango coming it will be my last just because they are a big focus in my collection (seen here)

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Hasbromoderdisplays&Number=2381304&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

I have gotten a lot since these pics were taken as well... ANYWAY.. I am getting the MR helm due out this year and I have the SE Blaster on its way as soon as they release it... SO seeing as I am a completest should I keep it as it is paid for or because I have so much already should I let it go?

I know how much some of you hate this thing and I dont blame you.. I agree with most of the arguements but I still think its beautiful... help a brother out with some opinions.

Thanks is advance for the help guys. I know I will do what I want but to have an outside opinion helps a lot.

Derek
AKA Tweekem

DXiRoNMaN
04-02-2007, 04:16 PM
send it back if you're not happy. they all have messed up antennas and hoses apparently. besides that he does LOOK nice, if you don't mind the cheap materials

Bothan_Jedi
04-02-2007, 04:21 PM
sorry but you really need to decide for yourself. i know i can't put a value on it for you. for me i think the piece is worth the money, kinked hoses and all. but for someone else it's way over priced for a few pieces of plastic.

from the looks of your collection, your not short of a penny or two, so what's an extra $300!

will sideshow allow you to keep the low #'d base if you exchange it?

Tweekem
04-03-2007, 08:08 AM
SS Said they will try to repair it first.. then they will destroy it and send me an un-numbered version that I can number myself.
Its not really about the $$$ when I think about it.. its the premice and the shortcommings. I have the Marmit (with the RAH Boba and Jango coming)and in my opinion its excellent except the slightly small helmet.
That isnt even my entire collection... I had to move out of the place I shared with an x last year so I am bunking with my brother and father until Fall. I guess I will wait and see if they send one to me that has no issues.
Please keep the suggestions/opinions coming.

Thanks to those who put in their 2 cents.
Derek

yodascorch
04-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't know..I'm excited to get this figure since it will be my first PF figure from SS...but hearing some of the comments and disapointment of some gets me a little worried. For me the $349 US price tag is a bit much..when you include shipping, exchange and possible duty..its going to be around $500 CAN. This might be my last PF figure..which I will determine when I get Boba, if I'm disapointed I will just stick to the regular 12" figs from SS, as I'm very happy so far with the ones I have recd.

I used the FlexPay option also..so I'm still waiting for it..

yodascorch..

CaptainCargo
04-03-2007, 05:05 PM
The bottom line for me is the piece is truly awesome! However, the price is way too high for what you get. So you've got to be ok with holding your nose and just overpaying for a very fine statue.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SgtPsych
04-03-2007, 11:17 PM
The bottom line for me is the piece is truly awesome! However, the price is way too high for what you get. So you've got to be ok with holding your nose and just overpaying for a very fine statue.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

i agree with you fully. For me, I thought it was awesome. I know I overpaid, but the way I look at it, I don't have any regrets. If you can live on with your purchase decision, more power to you. But some people may say that this is not a statue. Either ways, it is absolutely gorgeous. I can't think of a better Fett out there in that price range.

yodascorch
04-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Because I'm so excited to get this..I emailed SS and asked if they can ship my Fett ASAP..No problem..I don't have to wait for April 10/07 for my last FlexPal payment. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I will let you know when I get it and what I think of it..

yodascorch

FartVader
04-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Perhaps its down to the pose and base? Is the Fett base thicker than the Vader base?
Vaders front leg is bent but Fett is pretty much stood straight I'd imagine if Vader was stood int he same pose as Fett he'd be a bit taller?

Soory I didn't respond until now. I haven't been on the forums for a few days.

1) I do not have pics to show the comparison in terms of size.

2) The thickness of the bases is the same. Believe me, I looked to see what could be the discrepancy on the scaling of the statues but could not find it. Vader's knees are not bent. Both Boba Fett and Vader PF statues have their legs straight so it is easy to do a comparison. I will try to take a picture to post but if someone else has both statues and would like to show this discrepancy then by all means please do so.

I don't know how some people can say that the Boba Fett statue looks plastic and like a toy. I wonder how many people would have noticed the statue was made of plastic if SS never said anything? Granted, it would have been dishonest...but I truly wonder.

VadersFist5
04-04-2007, 01:29 PM
I wish SS didn't require FedEx to get a signature for delivery. I would have had this yesterday!

Jay_the_Lesser
04-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Mine is shipping this week, I'm still looking forward to getting it.

I'm just a sucker for Boba Fett collectibles.

DarthMatrix
04-05-2007, 01:03 PM
EX wait list just converted today http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Medusa
04-06-2007, 07:47 AM
I wish SS didn't require FedEx to get a signature for delivery. I would have had this yesterday!

And if your multi-100s dollar item just disappeared from your doorstep or does not even reach that position you gonna blame Sideshow to send you a new one ... ?

VadersFist5
04-06-2007, 08:13 AM

And if your multi-100s dollar item just disappeared from your doorstep or does not even reach that position you gonna blame Sideshow to send you a new one ... ?

Look, I understand the reason for it. In fact, I wasn't even seriously suggesting they shouldn't require a signature. I'm just excited to get this thing, which I still haven't btw. Lighten up.

DXiRoNMaN
04-06-2007, 06:21 PM
how many people have a problem with the antenna? i just read Michael Crawford's review and he says his stays up fine.

Chris Wyman
04-06-2007, 06:41 PM
I have no problem with my antenna at all, but the hoses are kinked. I just got an email back saying I could send it back for a replacement. I asked if I could just get some replacement parts, but they said because the tubes are affixed to the statue, they couldn't do that. Oh well, I'm sending it back, so hopefully they can fix this problem.

ump
04-07-2007, 03:28 PM
I disagree - you can tell it is made out of plastic - because of all the joins and cheap looking accessories - like the jet pack and rifle.

It just looks so cheap - and this is supposed to be a high end collectable.

I mean - why is the base,feet,hands,rifle made out of plastic - surely they could have been polystone at least - I am so glad I cancelled mine.

Saw it in toys shop here,look like a big doll,to be honest,this is not a good product ,not only make by plastic,the hemlet sharp is incorrect,green color armor look off and the RUSTY painting on the armor LOOK REALLY CHEAP(LOOK LIKE A HASBRO 12" PAINTING on the body armor)when you compare it with Gentle Giant Boba mini bust,you know what i means,its totally not worth $325 retail.Maybe some people love it,but not for me,i'm glad that have a chance to saw it in person.IMO,if this item is in 12" scale,medicom is much much better than this...look really like a big size doll...... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CaptainCargo
04-07-2007, 06:23 PM
how many people have a problem with the antenna? i just read Michael Crawford's review and he says his stays up fine.

Mine wouldnt stay up, so my Fett went back. I guess its not that big of a thing, but it bugged me... and for a $325 item, things better be perfect!

VadersFist5
04-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Mine arrived yesterday! #0238 of 2000. I have no problems with the antenna at all. A couple of the hoses were kinked a little, but it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I'll agree with what others have said, he feels a little light, but he looks great. Overall, I'm very happy!

VASith
04-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I got mine on Friday. As someone who collects both LOTR and SW stuff from Sidwshow i think this piece rocks! I don't know why everyone is complaining, I think they did a fantastic job with this statue.

ump
04-10-2007, 02:18 PM
I got mine on Friday. As someone who collects both LOTR and SW stuff from Sidwshow i think this piece rocks! I don't know why everyone is complaining, I think they did a fantastic job with this statue.

I think this itm is not worth for $325 + shipping, i saw it in person.....really cheap painting job on armor.....thats why i complain on it....

yodascorch
04-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Mine should be here this Thursday...I want to see it for myself and comment at that time..stay tuned http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yodascorch

VASith
04-11-2007, 06:03 AM
I think it's well worth what I paid for it. No regrets at all

yodascorch
04-11-2007, 07:20 AM
I got a call from FEDEX this morning and I will get it around noon today http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gifcan't wait...will give you all a full report with pics if your interested. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yodascorch

Neal
04-11-2007, 09:31 AM
will give you all a full report with pics if your interested. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sure ... bring it on. Even though I already have this figure, I like to see pics that people take of their collectibles.

ambasah
04-11-2007, 09:44 AM
it isn't my favourite piece, and really the "regular" version makes much more financial sense, but I am happy with mine. It displays very nicely with the attakus han in carbonite.

DARTHTODD
04-11-2007, 12:09 PM
I really enjoy mine too, looks great!

DarthMatrix
04-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Got my Fett today #655. Damn kinks in the hose thou overall it looks great.

K_D
04-11-2007, 02:55 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
It displays very nicely with the attakus han in carbonite.

[/QUOTE]
I'd love to see pics of the Han next to Boba. I'm considerin getting this piece myself to go along with my 1/4's

yodascorch
04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
I finally got mine today...#852/2000

So heres my $414.98 CAN worth of input...yes thats what it cost me total with shipping in CAN funds (glad I did not have to pay any duty on this like someone indicated above).

My first response when opening was WOW http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif the new box design looks great and well packaged.
The figure itself is very light...luckly the base does add a little weight to it. ( I think my daughters Barbies are heavier)
Anyways...the detail and the overall look is great it displays very well. SS made a good attemp of weathering Fetts amour..but some areas are lacking the effect, like the sides of the helmet, his under garments and his boots.
I was please that I did not have any kinks in the tubes..but have the same problem with his antenne. It should of been made of a stronger material, feels like it could break very easily.
I also don't like the way his jetpack attaches to his back and its way too light.
Also I wished he was a little more articulated in the arms and hands...not just his head, just so you could have the option to change up the pose alittle.
Love the base and weight...also I'm glad to say the exclusive Mandalorian artifact plate also was made well and not out of plastic..it also displays well.
This being my first SS PF figure I was very excited and I really don't have any others to compare Fett to. For me the price was a little high...but I'm a collector who collects to display my items and not really concerned of the value or looking to sell it off. This Figure is a great addition to my collection, which I will enjoy for may years to someday hand over everything to my son..Also love the size. Will I buy another PF figure.. who knows...for now I will stick to the 12" figures that SS is creating.
Overall I'm very happy with this figure and would give it a 8 out of 10. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

here are some of my pics
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/IMG_00117.JPG
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/IMG_00089.JPG
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/medium/IMG_000324.JPG

This is what I mean about the sides of the helmet...looks like plastic and does not really match the rest of the helmet. It does not have that look and feel of metal..like the rest of the helmet..
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/medium/IMG_00099.JPG

thanks yodascorch

SgtPsych
04-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the pics yodascorch. I am glad that you like it. Like you, this is my first PF and I am hooked. Can't wait to pick up some more.

DarthPotts1975
04-12-2007, 12:52 AM
hopefully nside will get these in soon. then i can judge it for myself.

cbrigden
04-12-2007, 07:43 AM
look really like a big size doll...... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It is a big size doll.

ambasah
04-12-2007, 07:51 AM
yodascorch, was yours shpped by fedex? Mine came out to over $500 Canadian when everything was said and done.

Chris Wyman
04-12-2007, 08:15 AM
I got my FedEx shipping label from Sideshow yesterday in my email, so I'm going to send mine back to them today. For the money paid, this thing needs to be perfect. I sat there and looked at those kinks in the hoses for quite some time and was even offered a discount on the piece for just keeping it, but I couldn't do it. Now watch, I'll get another one and the kinks will be gone, but the antenna will be messed up. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

yodascorch
04-12-2007, 09:52 AM
yodascorch, was yours shpped by fedex? Mine came out to over $500 Canadian when everything was said and done.

yes mine was sent FedEx..

DarthPotts1975
04-12-2007, 06:49 PM
thanks for the pics scortch
looks great. cant wait for mine.

Mr_Vader
04-12-2007, 07:24 PM
So, Boba arrived today, kinked tubes and limp antenna included. I was surprised how heavy the box was, especially after everyone made such a big deal on how light it is, well I'm here to tell you that its not as light as everyone has lead me to believe.

So I crack open the box, cut open the tape around the Styrofoam, lift, and then looking back at me is Boba Fett, cool! He looks great! I took him out of his plastic, removed the pain in the butt antenna plastic bag, then wrestled with the plastic around the belt, but when the battle was over Boba just looked awesome.

So I stand him on the TV stand, minus the stand which is also a very cool feature. I then use my post graduate education to figure out how to put the backpack on, but 5 minutes later, all is well. I flip the box, and its time to free the stand itself, which is indeed made out of the foamy stuff, but still looks pretty cool and works fine with the look of the other PF's I have. I install the statue onto the stand, wiggle it around a bit, look over to my Darth Vader PF, wiggle him around his stand a bit, shrug and move on.

So on to the tubes, they were kinked. So I think about it, then put some water in the teapot, bring it to a whistle, poured myself a cup, and then dunked the three tubes into the hot water and PRESTO!, instantly "un-kinked" the tubes and gently replaced them back up the sleeve. I did manage to kink it again as I was working them up the sleeve, luckily they were still a bit warm from the water so it went back into perfect shape after some molding.

The antenna, well, its not so bad, Boba's been in a few fights, his antenna should lean 5 or 6 degrees. No need to fix that.

So satisfied with the setup I step back and look at the figure. Do you ever just look at the figure, you know study, poke, prod, feel, etc. Look at it close, step back, look at it close, step back, and you know what, if you didn't know it was made out of plastic, guess what, you can't tell by looking at it. In fact, standing next to Vader, it actually looks like a superior figure.

All in all I scored Boba for a shy less than $300 shipped, and you know what, in my mind, the same mind that shelled out $200 plus shipping for Jabba's throne, (which is made out of polystone, but who besides us would care) 3/4 of which is not seen because of Jabba, the shelf and the wall, the money is justified for this figure. I like it that much.

To all the people who cancelled and sold off their Boba's for various reasons, good for you guys, I hope you use your saved money for something you will enjoy, but as for me, I love this thing. The Boba Fett Premium Format figure lives up to its name, and yes I own other Sideshow Premium Format figures so I'm not giving you a view of someone who does not know intimately how the other figures look and feel. To everyone who bought the figure, I hope you are enjoying (or soon to enjoy if you are waiting for it to ship) as much as I do mine.

DarthPotts1975
04-12-2007, 07:34 PM
just got my shipping notice form nside http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

theropod
04-13-2007, 12:24 AM
just got my shipping notice form nside http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ditto. I have my fingers crossed that I won't be disappointed. The reviews have either been at both ends of the spectrum but almost all of the photos look great. Oddly enough I am sort of glad that it is lightweight because I have a floating shelf I might want to display it on - just as long as it doesn't look cheap.
-theropod

thedevastator545
04-13-2007, 01:34 AM
i see some crappy hemlines. Oh well

Superjedi
04-15-2007, 11:23 AM
I got mine yesterday. #381.
I've read a lot of different viewpoints on this figure, mostly from people who collect all of Sideshow's PF figures. A lot of the complaints seem to deal with the materials the figure is made from.
I don't have any issues at all with mine. It came with the kinked hoses, but I plan to insert some sections of thin wire into them, which will prevent them from kinking again.
Apart from that one very minor issue, I couldn't be happier with my Boba Fett!! It just looks amazing, and it's huge. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DarthPotts1975
04-15-2007, 02:54 PM
tommorrow cant come soon enough. finally i'll be able to se it for myself

Jack_Victory
04-15-2007, 03:57 PM
tommorrow cant come soon enough. finally i'll be able to se it for myself

You won't be disappointed. Let us know what you think when you get it!

DarthPotts1975
04-16-2007, 11:51 PM
my boba arrived today.....kinks and all.
overall i'm very happy with it. once you get over the shock of how light it is. whats it matter if it wieghs 2 lbs or 10 lbs. it displays all the same. it really is an eye catcher. everytime i walk past it i cant help but admire it. i am a bit suprised how much larger it is than the luke. they almost look different a scale next to eachother.

CoolHandHan
04-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Mine will FINALLY arrive today. (Flex-Pay = DE-LAY)

yodascorch
04-17-2007, 10:59 AM
I just wanted to add....I have my Fett in a cabinet that is sealed when the door is closed...As I open it to get a closer look from time to time...I can really smell the fumes from the paint...strong.
I should let it air out a bit...anyone know how long the smell will last with thier other PF figs?

yodascorch

CoolHandHan
04-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Opened and displayed my Fett today. Yes, it felt lighter, but once you get it displayed you don't notice. It had the kinked hoses like many others. Fett's range finder stays up with no problem...BUT I wish SS would have made it out of metal instead of plastic. The range finder is bent enough that it is noticeable from a distance. I've tried to carefully bend it back into position but it doesn't stay. Anyone else have this problem?

The exclusive Mandalorian shield is much better than we saw in the beginning. It's heavy and much larger than expected. It's about the size of a PF display base, maybe a little larger than Leia's. It's still not the coolest exclusive but I'm glad I have it. Overall, it's a great addition to the PF line. I just wish SS hadn't "cheaped out" on the range finder.

darthmot
04-18-2007, 01:35 PM
yea i received mine on monday and the range finder was bent over towards his helmet. no idea how to fix it. mine had the kinks as well. pictures of boba on sideshow's site even have the kinks!! the left gauntlet on mine moves around too much as well. the other problem i have is with the neck. the helmet doesn't seem to fit right or the neck is in the wrong postion cause it sticks out to one side and cannot be repositioned. not sure if i'm going to keep it.

toyman
04-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Well, I broke down and put myself on the wait list for the SS EX version just a few days ago and lo and behold my item status has already gone into order placed!! Being a Boba Fett collector I knew I had to get this piece but had been on the fence for quite some time with the price and all. Luckily Uncle Sam was extra nice to my family this year http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Does anyone know how long it usually takes from the time of order placed to actually receiving the item? I'm really stoked about finally getting a PF figure into my collection! This is going to look nice in my Fett room!

theropod
04-19-2007, 03:50 AM
Mine arrived today.
Wow.
I have all of the previous PFs as well. Boba Fett displays amazingly and is a great addition to the line.

Kinked tubes... working on fixing that. Otherwise I'm very happy.

Now let's get to the contraversy. He's plastic. I'm about 4 feet away and it doesn't look cheap. It looks like it could be plastic, or fiberglass, or clay. It's all in the paint application really.
In this case, I am happy that it is lightweight. Currently I have it on a floating glass shelf that is mounted on my wall. The shelf would not normally hold any of my other PF's except for maybe Leia. For the time being, I've also decided to display it without the base. It's a freestanding piece even without the base. My glass wall shelf isn't deep enough for the base and the base is significantly heavier. However I think it looks more alive without the base because of the color/location of my shelving.

It's late, I should be sleeping. Instead I'm rambling here. Sorry if it doesn't make much sense.
-theropod

THj
04-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Anyone have a shot of this guy with the other PFs?

DarthPotts1975
04-19-2007, 02:36 PM

if you click below on my collection pics i have boba next to luke w/yoda. i was suprised how much bigger boba is next to him.

THj
04-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Holy cow! You're right... I'm assuming that Boba's a little closer the the lense and such, but still, he's pretty big.
And as always, beautiful collection, DARTHPOTTS!

CoolHandHan
04-19-2007, 05:42 PM

if you click below on my collection pics i have boba next to luke w/yoda. i was suprised how much bigger boba is next to him.

Well, Luke wasn't the tallest guy in the galaxy...plus, he's not standing up straight in the PF pose. I think the scale is accurate between the two statues.

DarthInwah
04-20-2007, 03:06 AM
just got my PF Boba which looks great. It is lighter and feels "cheaper" than the other PF's but like everyone says, when you look at it - it's incredible.

For those with the bent antennae, is it made of a rubbery material? You guys thought you had it bad but mine is made of plastic and was broken off out of the box!

Working on getting a replacement.

CoolHandHan
04-20-2007, 09:16 AM
If they will send a replacement without having to ship back the statute, I'll be contacting them. The bent range finder bothers me.

JorusFett
04-21-2007, 11:39 AM
After looking at mine, I am sending this back. The helmet is not right at all. The helmet is not as flared out as it should be, seems too tall and also is just too perfect. The colors are also incorrect on this helmet. The GG Bust and statue got it right (with the helmet). I am going to stick with those.

I also don't like the fact that it's made completely of plastic. Seems like a really expensive doll. I paid less for my Leia and it's actually made out of polystone, which for this price, I wouldn't expect to pay that much.

They also mixed ESB/ROTJ paint schemes with this statue. If they were going to go ROTJ, then they should have went 100%. The yellow kill stripes are from ESB. The bottom of the rangefinder is from ESB.

My hoses were also bent as well.

For price due to the materials, I would have only paid at most $175 for this item. It almost seems like an overpriced 12" figure. It it was polystone, then I wouldn't second guess the price.

Combat2000
04-22-2007, 11:05 AM
I still love him!! I can understand the frustrations though. There are some things I would change. I think the biggest thing would be having real gloves like the proto pic.

kyuzo
04-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Love mine too and not hung up about any inaccuracies. Not being polystone doesn't bother me one bit either and appreciate the lighter weight.

CoolHandHan
04-23-2007, 12:34 PM
SS is supposed to be calling me today or tomorrow on whether they can send out a replacement range finder or if I'll have to send everything back. Here's hoping for mailing me a replacement.

CoolHandHan
04-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Talked to Jamie at SS. There are NO replacement range finders. It's send back the whole thing or nothing. More hassle than it's worth. I will just live with it I guess. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Outer_Rim
04-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Just got my Boba Fett today and I like him a lot. His rangefinder was loose, I fixed it easily with a little piece of clear plastic, and no kinked hoses here. Is he overpriced? Maybe yes, but displayed he looks really awesome. I am very happy with him.

DarthInwah
04-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Talked to Jamie at SS. There are NO replacement range finders. It's send back the whole thing or nothing. More hassle than it's worth. I will just live with it I guess. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jaime actually let me know that if you are comfortable with removing Boba's head, you could just send that. I actually did and it was't all that hard since it's kind of a ball joint connection with pvc material.

CoolHandHan
04-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Interesting...I'll have to think about that. Thanks for the info!

DarthInwah
04-24-2007, 11:19 PM

don't remove the head just yet. Jaime emailed me this morning to tell me they are out of stock Boba Heads. Now why didn't they just check before they told me to do that?

anyhow, it's no big to take it off and on.

yodascorch
04-25-2007, 02:33 PM

Well by surprise I just recd. an invoice from FedEx..regarding customs charge of $129.65...now the total for Fett is $544.63 CAN http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif...nice figure but certainly not worth the total amount. I will never order directly from SS again for any of the PF figures...will stick to the regular 12" and possibly order from Legends Action Figures. (being here in Canada)
yodascorch

CoolHandHan
04-25-2007, 05:43 PM

don't remove the head just yet. Jaime emailed me this morning to tell me they are out of stock Boba Heads. Now why didn't they just check before they told me to do that?

TOO LATE!!!!!!! YARGGHHHHHHH!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Luckily, I was waiting for the FedEx shipping label.

ambasah
04-25-2007, 10:17 PM

Well by surprise I just recd. an invoice from FedEx..regarding customs charge of $129.65...now the total for Fett is $544.63 CAN http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif...nice figure but certainly not worth the total amount. I will never order directly from SS again for any of the PF figures...will stick to the regular 12" and possibly order from Legends Action Figures. (being here in Canada)
yodascorch

yeah, they really do a number on us Canadians. I am working on getting a contact in Niagara Falls / Buffalo to have items delivered to.

toyman
04-26-2007, 12:28 PM
FedEx just brought me a big box! Can't wait to take it home and open it. I'm a big believer in the wait list system now as I had no problem getting the SS EX version.

joshagainst
04-28-2007, 10:20 AM
this is just a suggestion for all the canada toy buyers, if you dont want to pay the premium from SS,(hey we all want to save a little money right??) get your stuff from cornerstorecomics.com , they get EVERYTHING from the SS pre-orders, and knock off quite a bit as well. so this will save you guys a little money for customs charges and whatnot, and they are a great bunch of guys, i have been ordering from them for almost 5 years (cases of Marvel Legends, SS 12" Star Wars figures that I missed on the pre-order day at SS) you will not be disappointed!!!!!

DXiRoNMaN
04-28-2007, 04:08 PM

they told me to send some pics of the damaged antenna and just sent me another head. really easy to replace, one of the benefits of this being a plastic toy.
the new antenna seems to be holding in place a little better, not perfect. i still don't see how they could screw the antenna up. like i said earlier, the Hasbro 4" Fetts have no problem with their antennas.
i also think SS should've used a little more than just plastic. they cheaped out. they could've done the lower body at least in polystone, give it some weight. the antenna should've been metal and there should've been another material for the hands, boots and gun. those are the parts that LOOK cheap

EvilSith
04-28-2007, 09:17 PM

I think this itm is not worth for $325 + shipping, i saw it in person.....really cheap painting job on armor.....thats why i complain on it....

and how many times you will say that? if you don't like, fine. for me, it's easily the best boba fett out there. seems like most owners are pretty happy with it. i can't wait for mine.

DarthShader32812
04-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Love mine! I have all the other SW PF figures as well, I am thrilled to have another great character for the collection. The difference in material did not take anything from this collectible IMO. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Darth_Hideous
04-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Purchased on last night on eBay for $269 delivered. First PF figure I didnt purchase direct from Sideshow. I was going to wait for teh price to drop even lower, but I got impatient. Can't wait to get it.

Darth_Hideous
05-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Got him today...VERY happy with him. The scope is a bit loose, but other than that I have no complaints!

Tweekem
05-09-2007, 05:14 AM
I am unfortunatly returning mine... Sent him back.. fixed the antenna but the hoses are all kinked. For 350 I expect better. As I was packing him up one of his spats (the clothe covering his boots) came off... looks like they just glued it. Good looking piece but not worth 350.

Sorry SS.. no more PF for me.

Gruson
05-17-2007, 11:05 PM
I love this piece. It may be plastic but it looks very high quality IMO. No problems with the antenna or hoses.
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/367/fettsidetg9.th.jpg (http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fettsidetg9.jpg)

K_D
05-18-2007, 05:48 AM
Dammit Gruson will you stop posting pics of the PF's I'm trying to persuade myself not to get!
I ordered the Luke and Yoda last week because of your pic and now I'm going to have to order Fett!

Tusken_Raiders
05-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Nice pics like always Gruson...Im more envyeous of his displays'...

Trebor
05-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Dammit Gruson will you stop posting pics of the PF's I'm trying to persuade myself not to get!
I ordered the Luke and Yoda last week because of your pic and now I'm going to have to order Fett!

Yeah, no kidding KD! Gruson is the reason that I have the Luke, Han, Obi, Vader, and Leia PFs. I just need that big display case! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif I also have the Fett on the way! Very excited!

Trebor
05-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Fett came today and he is great! Had to fix his plastic tubes a bit(ran picture hanging wire though it to make it look more like in the proto pictures) but everything else was fine! I am happy with it!

doot
06-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Can someone please verify something for me?

Did your PF Fett come with 3 or 4 tools in his ankle pockets?
Mine came with 3, but I swear there are supposed to be 4.

Trebor
06-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Can someone please verify something for me?

Did your PF Fett come with 3 or 4 tools in his ankle pockets?
Mine came with 3, but I swear there are supposed to be 4.

I checked mine, and I have 4. 2 on each side, I hope that helps.

Neal
06-26-2007, 01:40 PM
It looks like the Fett in the Photo Archives only has three tools ... one large one on the right leg, and two somewhat smaller ones on the left leg.

http://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/14bobafett/_MG_5887-tn.JPG (http://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/14bobafett/_MG_5887.JPG) http://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/14bobafett/_MG_5889-tn.JPG (http://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/14bobafett/image67.asp) http://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/14bobafett/_MG_5622-tn.JPG (http://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/14bobafett/_MG_5622.JPG)

doot
06-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Yeah, that's the three that I got with mine.
I contacted Sideshow about it when I first received him and they said they were going to put me on the "list" for replacements. But I never heard back.
I just wanted to verify that there were 4 tools before I contacted SS again.

Trebor
06-26-2007, 08:33 PM
It looks like the Fett in the Photo Archives only has three tools ... one large one on the right leg, and two somewhat smaller ones on the left leg.

http://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/14bobafett/_MG_5887-tn.JPG (http://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/14bobafett/_MG_5887.JPG) http://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/14bobafett/_MG_5889-tn.JPG (http://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/14bobafett/image67.asp) http://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/14bobafett/_MG_5622-tn.JPG (http://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/14bobafett/_MG_5622.JPG)

Mine has the fourth tool on his right leg...what looks like a silver pipe. It has rounded part on top, and almost a "gear" like bottom. It is about an inch long(maybe a little shorter). It was in the pocket when I bought it. Bonus piece?

Neal
06-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Mine has the fourth tool on his right leg...what looks like a silver pipe. It has rounded part on top, and almost a "gear" like bottom. It is about an inch long(maybe a little shorter). It was in the pocket when I bought it. Bonus piece?

Could be. Any chance you can post a pic of it?

RediNight
06-27-2007, 01:03 AM
ump wrote:
why a Custom made result are much better than SS official product???

Brent worte: Because McHaleyArt actually took the time to make the piece perfect while Sideshow just slapped a piece of plastic together and charged $325 for it.

What a ridiculous thing to say. This Fett is very accurate, the customiser didn't make anything here, he simply has the skills and time to paint, something the factory workers lack. To be quite honest your Don Post Fett was "slapped" together, it has many inaccuracies compared to the SSC PF and customized costumes can look a lot better, which by the looks of it you have gone that route.

And no, I didn't buy this because I think they are overpriced collectibles, however it looks fantastic and I drooled over it at the conventions. But I do think the view finder should have been metal and the base polystone. SSC did cut a few corners with materials, fortunately it looks good.

doot
06-27-2007, 08:14 PM

I managed to find a pic of all the tools.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/fett_tools.jpg

Trebor
06-27-2007, 08:50 PM

I managed to find a pic of all the tools.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/fett_tools.jpg

Yeah, that's the one(the last one in the pic) I was trying to describe. Do you have it after all Doot? Hopefully it was deep in one of the pockets.

K_D
06-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Ordered mine today.

Neal
06-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Yeah, that's the one(the last one in the pic) I was trying to describe. Do you have it after all Doot? Hopefully it was deep in one of the pockets.

Well, what do you know. I checked the right-leg pocket on my PF Fett, and there was the fourth tool, hiding on me. Thanks for the info.

Trebor
06-28-2007, 11:12 PM

Well, what do you know. I checked the right-leg pocket on my PF Fett, and there was the fourth tool, hiding on me. Thanks for the info.

AWESOME Neal!!!! I'm glad it was there! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brent72
07-03-2007, 12:51 AM
What a ridiculous thing to say. This Fett is very accurate, the customiser didn't make anything here, he simply has the skills and time to paint, something the factory workers lack. To be quite honest your Don Post Fett was "slapped" together, it has many inaccuracies compared to the SSC PF and customized costumes can look a lot better, which by the looks of it you have gone that route.

Um, I think you need to go back to that post and look again because what's pictured is actually the "slapped together" Don Post life-size statue and not a customized costume. I think you just contradicted yourself by saying the DP has many inaccuracies compared to the Sideshow PF because that statement couldn't possibly be more false. The DP may not be 100% screen accurate, but it's miles ahead of the SS(which I now own by the way) and the two should never be compared on any grounds.

doot
07-03-2007, 11:32 AM

Well, I feel like a complete dope right about now.
Jeez, who would have thought that it would be "in the pocket" where it belonged. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif
So, I do indeed have all four tools.
They should have made it a bit longer so it pokes out the top of the pocket better.

K_D
07-03-2007, 05:58 PM
This is such an awesome looking piece, I don't care what its made from it looks awesome and is definately one of the best PF's yet.

AmanaMatt
07-03-2007, 07:33 PM
When this thing is down to $150 on EBAY, he's all mine. He look great, just not $350 great

DarthPotts1975
07-03-2007, 07:54 PM
When this thing is down to $150 on EBAY, he's all mine. He look great, just not $350 great

i think you will be waiting a long time then http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Trebor
07-03-2007, 08:49 PM

Well, I feel like a complete dope right about now.
Jeez, who would have thought that it would be "in the pocket" where it belonged. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif
So, I do indeed have all four tools.
They should have made it a bit longer so it pokes out the top of the pocket better.

It's cool! That particular tool can easily hide in the pocket. Just glad that you found it. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DarkKnight2k4
08-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Finding these for less that $300 on Epay... Is it that bad the way they made it.

Reading through it is mixed for most.

Spiker
08-07-2007, 04:36 AM
Here is mine. I added more weathering to the helmet and armor parts:
http://www.spaceshop-online.de/NewsImages/©BobS8.jpg

DarkKnight2k4
08-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Does the head move ?

The_Chosen_1
08-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Does the head move ?

Yeah, it has a ball joint. It's actually kind of a cool feature.

Trebor
08-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Here is mine. I added more weathering to the helmet and armor parts:
http://www.spaceshop-online.de/NewsImages/©BobS8.jpg

Again Spiker good job! Also good pic!

DarkKnight2k4
08-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Oh ok, that really helps add some attitude to the shot... the look of the piece.

Your work on it is great !

The_Chosen_1
08-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Spiker, did the tubes on your Boba Fett come kinked? If so, how did you fix them to look so nice?

Trebor
08-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Spiker, did the tubes on your Boba Fett come kinked? If so, how did you fix them to look so nice?

Yeah, they do look good and I don't see anything in them. I put picture frame hanging wire in mine to get the kinks out, and to make it look more like the prototype. It's a relatively easy mod to do.

Spiker
08-09-2007, 03:50 AM
Thanks guys http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For the tubes i took a hairdryer and heated them up. Voilá no kinks anymore http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DarkKnight2k4
08-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Thanks guys http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For the tubes i took a hairdryer and heated them up. Voilá no kinks anymore http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I am sorry. where would they be ?

DarkKnight2k4
08-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I am sorry. where would they be ?

Spiker
08-10-2007, 11:10 AM
When you heat the tubes up the will switch back in form.

DarkKnight2k4
08-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Is this body or jetpack ?

Neal
08-10-2007, 02:25 PM

Huh?

The_Chosen_1
08-10-2007, 02:26 PM

The tubes are on his right arm.

DarkKnight2k4
08-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Thank you. Want to make sure what I look for and ask as I look at these.

clear plastic... has anyone had them turn white from the kinks ?

The_Chosen_1
08-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Thank you. Want to make sure what I look for and ask as I look at these.

clear plastic... has anyone had them turn white from the kinks ?

Yeah, a little bit. I'm afraid that even if I manage to get the kinks out, the discoloring will still be there. Oh well...it's not that big a deal when you look at the piece as a whole.

Spiker
08-13-2007, 03:15 PM
The white discolouring will go away when you heat them up. Don't know why this is a big issue it took me about half a minute to get the kinks away.

Darth_Finger
09-17-2007, 11:28 PM
I am very tempted to pick this one up.

DarkKnight2k4
09-18-2007, 10:34 AM
I saw what you guys meant ... Saw one of these in Baltimore and the bends were bad in the tubes.

If the reviews were better on this one,I would have been tempted... but I am passing...

McHaleyArt
09-19-2007, 02:32 AM
I believe someone showed my custom Fett earlier in this thread, but since joining RS myself, I though I would post some pics. I almost didn't keep my order in for Fett, thinking I was going to get the 1/6 medicom figure. But I hung in there. I was (actually) pretty happy when I heard that the body was going to be plastic. It meant that it would be easier for me to modify it the way I wanted to. When it arrived I (literally) started work on it right out of the box.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/FettFinished111.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/FettFinished086.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/FettFinished084.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/FettFinished049.jpg

McHaleyArt
09-19-2007, 02:36 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/Fett053.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/FettFinished005.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/Fett056.jpg

Darth_Finger
09-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Wow nice custom job http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jedi_knite
09-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Yes that looks great! I would love to know how you did it.

Also I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their Boba Fett not standing up straight. Mine has slowly over time started leaning forward.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/LeaningBF1.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/LeaningBF1.jpg) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/LeaningBF2.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/LeaningBF2.jpg)

I have no idea why it's doing this, maybe weak ankles? Does anyone have an idea how I can fix it?
Thanks

McHaleyArt
09-20-2007, 01:13 AM

Also I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their Boba Fett not standing up straight. Mine has slowly over time started leaning forward.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/LeaningBF1.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/LeaningBF1.jpg) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/LeaningBF2.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/LeaningBF2.jpg)

I have no idea why it's doing this, maybe weak ankles? Does anyone have an idea how I can fix it?
Thanks

that's really strange. Has your Fett been subject to extreme heat or been displayed in a window that lets in a lot of sunlight? The hard plastic/rubber feet are attached into the ankles or bottom of the legs. Basically they are glued and plugged in.

jedi_knite
09-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Yes he was next to a window for about 1 or 2 months. And it was pretty hot here (over 100). Is there anyway to fix him?

McHaleyArt
09-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Yes he was next to a window for about 1 or 2 months. And it was pretty hot here (over 100). Is there anyway to fix him?

wow....that would do it. I wouldn't recommending that any piece of art be put in those conditions. No matter how UV protected something might be, the sun will bend, melt, fade anything.
It's probably at the feet's pegs that there is the most warped damage. My 1st recommendation would be to take a hair dryer and heat the ankles up and hold the feet and figure back into shape and wait for it to cool. If the feet have come out of the leg's sockets a little you will probably have to remove the feet, clean out the glue residue and re-glue it (after heating the feet pegs back into shape). I would use a thicker super glue or Craft Amazing Goop (can be found in Wal-Mart's craft section). Hope this helps.

jedi_knite
09-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the help. I will try that and let you know how it turns out.

Leia_Way
09-21-2007, 10:44 PM

Thanks

That's odd. Hope you are able to get it corrected. The first thing I thought when I saw that was that it reminded me of something, but I couldn't place it. Then it hit me:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t272/Leia_Way/SmoothCriminal.jpg

Are you OK Boba? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

deathstar1000
09-22-2007, 10:57 AM
LOL!

DarthCitrix
09-23-2007, 11:53 PM

Thanks

Is the figure itself made out of plastic?

DarkKnight2k4
09-24-2007, 09:41 AM
That was the biggest complaint about this piece.. too much plastic... it made me not get it ...

Darth_Finger
09-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Just got my PF Fett today http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif I dont have a spot to display it yet http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

DarthNik
11-14-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm sure I saw a post about resin replacement helmets for this. Is there someone with a better memory who can point me in the right direction?

Combat2000
11-29-2007, 04:38 PM
The helmet is the reason I ended up selling mine. I just couldn't overlook the shape. Not enough slope to it. I loved the figure for the most part, but the helmet killed it for me.

jediriccan
12-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Being a Fett fan I 2 passed on this one. I saw it in a friend's collection and thought it's a pretty cool piece but it looks off in ways, and for the funds it would cost me to get one, I would much rather have a dead set on piece....

skoota73
12-21-2007, 12:20 PM
The helmet is the reason I ended up selling mine. I just couldn't overlook the shape. Not enough slope to it. I loved the figure for the most part, but the helmet killed it for me.

same for me. the helmet is not the same helmet shape as the one in the films. the medicom boba's nailed it in 1:6 scale.
shame sideshow couldn't do it in 1:4 scale. sad. very sad. i really wanted a boba piece this size.

toyman
04-19-2008, 09:10 AM
This may have been posted earlier in the thread somewhere, but does anyone have a homemade remedy for fixing the limp rangefinder on the PF Fett? It just will not stay up http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

theropod
04-20-2008, 09:03 PM
This may have been posted earlier in the thread somewhere, but does anyone have a homemade remedy for fixing the limp rangefinder on the PF Fett? It just will not stay up http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Viagra?
-theropod

xopolos
04-21-2008, 07:11 AM
A little piece of paper or foil seems to be the solution. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

captainsolo
04-21-2008, 07:36 AM

Viagra?
-theropod

Classic http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

toyman
04-22-2008, 07:36 AM

Viagra?
-theropod

Very funny http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I somehow thought this question would get that kind of response.

Seriously though, I was looking for a solution other than a little bit of paper or foil to go on this expensive figure. It seems like a shame that for this kind of pricetag, Sideshow couldn't get something like this right. Why did they even bother making it articulated? The rest of the figure isn't.

theropod
04-22-2008, 09:12 AM

Viagra?
-theropod

Very funny http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I somehow thought this question would get that kind of response.

Seriously though, I was looking for a solution other than a little bit of paper or foil to go on this expensive figure. It seems like a shame that for this kind of pricetag, Sideshow couldn't get something like this right. Why did they even bother making it articulated? The rest of the figure isn't.

If you use a small drop of CA glue (SuperGlue, CarzyGlue) it should do the trick. If you apply the glue with a long skinny bristle paint brush you should be able to get the drop deep enough in the housing that you can't see it. If it is more towards the surface you won't likely see it anyway since CA glue dries clear.
That'll get Boba standing tall just like Bob Dole.
-theropod

toyman
04-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the idea. I think I'll try that.

DarthCrack
04-22-2008, 08:21 PM
-theropod

Is that a euphamism or do you really mean Bob Dole? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

theropod
04-22-2008, 08:44 PM
-theropod

Is that a euphamism or do you really mean Bob Dole? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bob Dole was once a spokesman for Viagra. True story.
-theropod

DarthCrack
04-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Bob Dole was once a spokesman for Viagra. True story.
-theropod

Of all people, I should really know that, as my formal training is in presidential elections and voter behavior and now am a pharmaceutical rep. Duh! Thanks for the refresher.

Neal
04-22-2008, 10:19 PM
The little piece on Fett's helmet that holds the rangefinder to the helmet actually comes off. My rangefinder had a sagging problem as well when I first got it. I took the piece off and simply put it back on tighter. The rangefinder has never fallen down since.

captainsolo
04-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Mine actually falls down from time to time, but i dont have the stones to try and put it back on tighter. My luck i would brake something and then i would be quite pissed http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

slynger
04-23-2008, 01:03 PM
i guess i'm one of the lucky ones, I've never had an issue with this statue, not even the tiny little rangefindger. here's hoping it stays that way.

Boba86Solo
10-03-2009, 07:39 PM
I didn't see a thread for Boba, so I decided it was time to start one.

I have seen some comments that some people that own this one don't like it? I'm a big Boba Fett fan and really could use some imput as this one looks good on the Sideshow site.

If anyone has this Boba or has seen it in person, give your thought on the product quality.

Thanks,
Boba86Solo

Tusken_Raiders
10-10-2009, 05:53 PM
IMO its a great bust and its a must for any Fett fans. The problem people had with it was it wasn't made of resin, it very hollow. But again its a great piece.

boba_flint
10-10-2009, 10:14 PM
I have two gripes about the Boba PF.

1. It is the ROTJ paint scheme
2. The helmet should flare out more.

Other than that it is a good piece.

Boba86Solo
10-11-2009, 01:10 PM
So the splay on the helmet needs a little work?

You know I saw a YouTube review on Diamond Select Hoth Han, and for the price, I was impressed with the face sculp. Not that I would consider buying it, but I'm hoping if they come out with a Boba Fett that they might do as good a job with it as well. I know you are probably laughing, thinking WTF. I would be also, but I will say their likeness of Han in the face is fairly good. I have never seen these in person or handled them, and most everything about them I cannot stand, but if they get something as close to Boba as they did with their Maul, I might decided to get one at low cost and customize the hell out of it. Just a thought. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

More input on SSC PF Boba would be great if anyone else has some??? Thanks Guys http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Boba86Solo
11-20-2009, 11:43 PM
Well, I got my Dimond Select Maul and my Sideshow PF Boba Fett. They are both more impressive than I thought they would be.

The_Chosen_1
11-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Congrats! It's a great piece. Did you get the exclusive version?

Tusken_Raiders
11-22-2009, 04:49 AM
Very nice pick ups...

zoid2323
11-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Congrats on the SSC Boba PF its great. I kinda regret selling mine. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Verbal21
11-23-2009, 01:59 AM
congrats on your Boba, he was my very first PF so I didn't have anything to complain about
http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/2f215dde20f07a5352a297a789b728e70ad4607.jpg

Boba86Solo
11-24-2009, 10:27 AM
I really held off on getting him due to feedback I had read from so many about the weight of him. Not a factor since I have him. A really nice piece.

I may have done something stupid though. I pulled the trigger on ANH PF Leia in a quick moment on FleeBay. It should arrive this week. Anyone have this one, and what do you think? It really was not on my list to buy.

slynger
11-24-2009, 10:33 AM
IMHO, I think ANH Leia is a very underrated piece. I have the exclusive (which I love for the stormtrooper blaster) and think this is the definite Leia to have in any collection.

The pose is spot-on, the sculp captures a little scowl the princess always had, overall a great piece. You won't be disappointed.

Boba86Solo
11-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Cool, good to know that. I thought I might like it when it shows up, but you know how it is when you buy something last minute that you had not planned on. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rodders
11-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah, i like the looks of the ANH Leia. Congrats on a great purchase IMO.

boba_flint
11-24-2009, 01:49 PM
ANH Leia is another good choice.

The_Chosen_1
11-24-2009, 02:13 PM
ANH Leia is awesome, man. It is THE best Leia collectible on the market IMO.

Boba86Solo
11-29-2009, 01:08 AM
I just got it today and opened it tonight. Wow, that box was a total freaking B Otch to open. Some China man glued the outer sleve tight as hell.

On the other hand WOW! The face is amazing, much better than any picture I have ever seen of this. I also didn't know that the hood could be put over the head, and it is a great look. You guys are correct, this is the best Leia out there. Question: What is the deal with the granny pannies? I thought there was no underwear in space accourding to George Lucas?

This now has me wondering about the Slave Leia. The pictures look like something out of Japan with the big eyes and the small chin. Does the Slave Leia look better in person?

The_Chosen_1
11-29-2009, 03:08 AM
Glad ya like her, man! The thing with PF figures, for me, is that it reached a point where I wasn't wondering how good they would be, but just knowing they'll exceed my expectations every time. They haven't let me down so far. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

slynger
11-29-2009, 09:01 AM
see - a great piece everybody said you would enjoy. Nobody in here would lead you astray. It really is a great piece, one that needs to be seen in person IMO. Glad that you like her - now go make some more room, you're gonna need it. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Boba86Solo
11-29-2009, 10:44 AM
No kidding about the room, I have a Ben and Vader PF that are in the mail now. I must have gotten addicted somewhere. I have become one of those crazy people that spends lots of money on my collection. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif That is what I once thought. Now I have the PF collecting bug. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

slynger
11-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Now I have the PF collecting bug. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's not a bad bug to have, not at all. IMO, these are some of the best collectibles out there and will age nicely.

DarthPhlegethon
11-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Boba, I, personally, love both Leia PFs. I have a feeling the faces on the Slave Leias may just be randomly poor paint jobs, because mine looks just fine. If you do pick her up, I would recommend getting the exclusive with Salacious Crumb. It's well done, a decent size, and if you want a Crumb piece in your collection, it's certainly good enough to obviate the need to drop another C note on the GG Crumb bust.

And let's be honest, the slave Leia does have a certain aesthetic appeal.

McHaleyArt
01-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Here are a couple of new pics of Fett. I fashioned a gun strap for him while I was doing the same to my Medi Fett. Not screen accurate...but it looks cool and I like bridging the 2 different looks a bit.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/SIDESHOW/PFFett011.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/SIDESHOW/PFFett012.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/McHaleyArt/SIDESHOW/PFFett017.jpg

theropod
01-15-2010, 03:27 PM
I also like how you crossed his arms.
-theropod

Rodders
01-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Agreed, that's a much more natural pose for Fett. I still need to try and pick one of these up.

WedgeWannaBe
01-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Does the PF Fett have atriculation in the limbs or is it a solid statue?

Neal
01-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Does the PF Fett have atriculation in the limbs or is it a solid statue?

His head/neck is ball-jointed. That's about it.

WedgeWannaBe
01-18-2010, 11:34 AM
I thought that was the case. How did the Scummer above move his arms to the crossed over pose?

slynger
01-18-2010, 11:36 AM
I thought that was the case. How did the Scummer above move his arms to the crossed over pose?

that was a custom modification made only to that PF. The original PF is posed differently. It is a nice mod though!!

The_Chosen_1
01-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Seeing pics reminds me of how cool this PF is. We can only hope that a Jango Fett isn't far away!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sewbacca
01-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Man, its getting harder to resist this line and especially seeing this Fett. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sewbacca
01-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Man, its getting harder to resist this line and especially seeing this Fett. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

rnbuda
01-18-2010, 11:20 PM
If Sideshow's looked like the custom/mod version above it'd be in my collection at the moment. But I hate the ROTJ Fett along with the terrible pose.

ambasah
01-19-2010, 01:07 AM

resistance is futile http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tusken_Raiders
01-19-2010, 03:43 AM

resistance is futile http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's unaviodable...it is your destiny... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well with all your recent sales, Im not sure if your buying anything right now or are you buying something bigger???

Sewbacca
01-19-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm just really really confused,trying to thin things down but keep on seeing these amazing items. Dang the collectables world. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Verbal21
01-22-2010, 06:49 AM
Seeing pics reminds me of how cool this PF is. We can only hope that a Jango Fett isn't far away!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hopefully. I was excited to find out that a Jango Fett statue was coming out from Sideshow, but was let down when I found out it was a bronze one http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif