PDA

View Full Version : Cases suitable for Sidesgow 1/4 scale

darth_gary
01-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Hi,
I wonder if anyone may have an idea where I could obtain cases for my Vader (hopefully soon to Vader & Obi-Wan), and General Grievous Sideshow 1/4 scale? I've also got the Weta Kong Vs V-Rex and the Sideshow 1/4 scale Buffy that I'm looking to house, if anyone has any suggestions?
Especially UK, to save on postage!
I'd like to find something suitable as although I don't smoke and they are displayed well away from direct light, they do get dusty.
Many thanks in advance.

Barry
01-28-2007, 02:48 PM
The best bet I've found it get them custom made. Most plastics companies can do this for you, although if you look around, there are companies that make display cases specifically. They can cost you a bit though.

I had 1 done for Luke, and one for Grievous. Luke's cost me about $50, Grievous was about $125. Luke was a fine size, but a word of advice on Grievous...

I ordered a 24" square display case for him. Sounds all fine and good, but that thing is mega huge in the end when you're actually looking at it, and not picturing it with a measuring tape. It's all in the back two lightsabers. You could get away with a much smaller case without the two back blades in place.

Be sure to measure up an area to put him in before buying. You might be able to get away with 23 or 22" for him, but it'd be a snug fit. I barely got the case in through my front door because of the size, and the only place it will fit is as an end table on the floor of my living room, or on the top of a free-standing Ikea cupboard, where it ended up going for now.

I wouldn't get them shipped due to the size and damaging possibilities. I'd check locally to see what can be found for good prices. Mine were from a plastics place in Montreal, Canada, but I live in Ottawa, so I drove the 2 hours to pick them up.

Hope this helps, even a bit. I mainly thought I'd tell you about a case for Grievous since I jumped the gun on sizing and placement for him! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here's pictures of them. (Luke's surrounded by a bit of a mess right now though...) Grievous's case may not look all that big, but keep in mind those are 11" Koto Anakin and Batman statues in the picture, and the Bond cars are 1:18 scale.

http://www.basement24.com/figures/luke-case.jpg

http://www.basement24.com/figures/grievous-case.jpg

K_D
01-28-2007, 04:38 PM
I've not had much look finding anything in the U.K, I've contacted a few plastic companies who took all measurements etc but never got back to me with a price even after several emails they just ignored them all.
I'm actually considering buying a large fishtank around 4-5ft and displaying all my SW pieces together by flipping the tank upside down and using that as a case.

DarthPotts1975
01-28-2007, 06:21 PM
with the exception of grevious the rest fit perfect in my curio cabinet. i've used casesforcollectibles.com for other statues/props in my collection.

Mike_S
01-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Those cases look great!!

DarthInwah
01-29-2007, 05:57 AM
i, too, just opened my SS Grievous. that is a big mother! The case looks great! I may just go that route as well....

darth_gary
01-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the advice. I reckon I may buy some acrylic sheets from a DIY store and try and make my own. The Grievous is the monster-as pointed out, his back 2 arms stick out a long way-mine is displayed on a wide cabinet, but even so he stands diagonally as he is too deep to stand front-on.