PDA

View Full Version : Celebration 4

Tom_Wesell
01-24-2007, 02:09 AM
Who is going to Celebration 4? And if you are, where are you staying?

kenbenobi
01-26-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm going, and I think I'm staying at the Historic Mayfair. I didn't book my flight yet though. But I really should, since it is a holiday weekend... Might be hard to find cheap flights...

Bosski
01-26-2007, 02:40 PM
I shall go too. Sounds like fun times.

barenakedleia_s
01-26-2007, 03:24 PM
I'll be there, but I haven't booked abything yet. CIII's lines were so much fun, I can't wait to do it all again!

s_marlinfan
01-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Me and Hydrospanner from the board are going togeather. I can't remeber the hotel we are staying in. But I'm looking forward to it. We will be there Thursday through Sunday. Us WI Scummers should hook up or something.

Tom_Wesell
01-27-2007, 04:45 AM
We are staying at the Historical Mayfair Hotel. Hopefully this won't be too far away. According to the website, it is about one mile away. I just hope the shuttle system works well. Swiski66 and I still need to purchase our plane tickets. We need to make this a priority this weekend. Kenbenobi, do me a favor and use your magical buying powers and see what kind of bargains you can find. I am going to look also. I think we need to leave that Wednesday in order to get there before fan club day. I just don't know what time we would like to leave. What day are you leaving Kenbenobi?

kenbenobi
01-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Me and Hydrospanner from the board are going togeather. I can't remeber the hotel we are staying in. But I'm looking forward to it. We will be there Thursday through Sunday. Us WI Scummers should hook up or something.

I met Hydrospanner at WM last month. Nice guy. Maybe us Milwaukeeans will have to meet up at some point to say "hey"...

kenbenobi
01-27-2007, 12:35 PM
We are staying at the Historical Mayfair Hotel. Hopefully this won't be too far away. According to the website, it is about one mile away. I just hope the shuttle system works well. Swiski66 and I still need to purchase our plane tickets. We need to make this a priority this weekend. Kenbenobi, do me a favor and use your magical buying powers and see what kind of bargains you can find. I am going to look also. I think we need to leave that Wednesday in order to get there before fan club day. I just don't know what time we would like to leave. What day are you leaving Kenbenobi?

On the 23rd, early in the AM. I want a day to enjoy LA, before C4... Wow, that kinda rhymed...

Val_Da_Carr
03-11-2007, 08:58 PM
I can't go but I plan on a BBQ for the forumites at my house for the weekend of C4

Sounds like an idea?

btw can someone pickup one of the C4 GG statues for me. I will get you cash by whatever means necessary.

Thanks,

VDC

kenbenobi
03-11-2007, 11:09 PM
btw can someone pickup one of the C4 GG statues for me. I will get you cash by whatever means necessary.

Thanks,

VDC

Easier said than done, man. You cant buy more than one, IF you are lucky enough to buy one (they do lottery tickets usually). So you need to find someone that has no interest in getting one for themselves... They will be selling a small quantity online, however. Details will be announced before they do...

Zamps
03-12-2007, 07:19 AM
Last year didn't they do you could pre-order items and pick them up at the show? And if so, could someone else pick it up for you? You can see where I'm going with this.....

StrangeDasein
03-12-2007, 08:10 AM
I think they did that for the San Diego Comic Con, but C3 was a mess for the exclusives. Not sure if the conventions are put on by the same people or not, but C4 should do the preorder to avoid the previous debacle.

Although I thought I heard there was going to be a 24 hour store or something...so people can wait in line for 48 hours!

kenbenobi
03-12-2007, 10:59 AM
I think they did that for the San Diego Comic Con, but C3 was a mess for the exclusives. Not sure if the conventions are put on by the same people or not, but C4 should do the preorder to avoid the previous debacle.

Although I thought I heard there was going to be a 24 hour store or something...so people can wait in line for 48 hours!

The store is for celebration merchandise. Gentle Giant will be in the dealers room...
I signed up for 11pm - 1am Thursday for the store. It is nice with assigned times...

Zamps
04-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Anyone going to C4, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could pick up the exclusive figure for me.

Clicky here (http://starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070402.html)

JTKenobi
04-02-2007, 10:38 PM
I am happy for all you guys and gals who get to go to C4. C3 was one of the best times ever for me but with my wife's work schedule and the great distance involved, we're just not going to be able to swing it this time. Here's hoping there's a C5!!

NotMertz
04-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Wow, I've never had any interest in any of the convention exclusives . . . until now. Must have the McArtoo and McThreepio somehow. This is where I hope my good collecting karma comes in and I'm able to convince someone who is attending to hook me up with one.

If I made really sad doggy eyes, will it help?

Let me know if anyone might be able to help. I'll also keep my fingers crossed for these to be released as separate figures somewhere down the road. How silly it would be for them not to release these somehow in bigger numbers.

Tom_Wesell
04-03-2007, 12:13 AM
We have our store time reserved already for 11pm to 1am on Thursday. I don't know if they are limiting figures. I am not promising anything, but I will try and get extras. I already promised my friend in Australia some of the exclusives. If I have extras of anything, I will offer them to this group first.
This year is going to be a pain getting this stuff back home without getting it damaged. I brought stuff home last year from San Diego Comic Con and a lot of my stuff got damaged. Celebration III was much better because we were able to drive. I think at least five people from this forum are going to Celebration. Out of the five of us, hopefully we can come up with extras.

Tom_Wesell
04-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Wow! I signed up the same time you did. What a coincidence.
Duh!! We are going together. I forgot!

I signed up for 11pm - 1am Thursday for the store. It is nice with assigned times...

Bosski
04-03-2007, 07:34 AM
We have our store time reserved already for 11pm to 1am on Thursday. I don't know if they are limiting figures. I am not promising anything, but I will try and get extras. I already promised my friend in Australia some of the exclusives. If I have extras of anything, I will offer them to this group first.
This year is going to be a pain getting this stuff back home without getting it damaged. I brought stuff home last year from San Diego Comic Con and a lot of my stuff got damaged. Celebration III was much better because we were able to drive. I think at least five people from this forum are going to Celebration. Out of the five of us, hopefully we can come up with extras.

They are limiting!!! If you bought the 4-day ticket, you get 4 figures. If you bought a 1-day ticket, you get only 1 figure. And so on. I'm pissed that dealers like Brian's Toys are able to purchase cases of these, while we get limited to a measly 4 total.

Tom_Wesell
04-03-2007, 08:41 AM
It looks like I won't be able to help anybody on the board if they are limiting like that. I guess it is a good thing. But it does suck that brian's toys gets to buy case(s) because they are a business. Just boycott brian's toys. I know I do. I think he is worse than Walmart.

StrangeDasein
04-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Wow, I've never had any interest in any of the convention exclusives . . . until now. Must have the McArtoo and McThreepio somehow. This is where I hope my good collecting karma comes in and I'm able to convince someone who is attending to hook me up with one.

If I made really sad doggy eyes, will it help?

Let me know if anyone might be able to help. I'll also keep my fingers crossed for these to be released as separate figures somewhere down the road. How silly it would be for them not to release these somehow in bigger numbers.

I want these figures too! But given how easy it is to pick up a C3 Vader on the cheap, either here on the boards or Ebay, I don't think it'll be hard to get these two....eventually!

Tom_Wesell
04-03-2007, 05:54 PM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2489977&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#2489977

Order a Rebelscum badge for Celebration. Pretty neat.

Darth_Fett
04-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Anyone here who is going to Celebration 4, would you be willing to grab a Gentle Giant Commander Gree Mini bust for me? I have some items for trade (if that interests you) or I could pay cash for it. Let me know.

Zamps
04-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Son of a b_itch! Another C4 figure I won't be able to get.

Click Here (http://starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20070409.html)

I really like these concept figures. They're something NEW and different.

NotMertz
04-09-2007, 10:12 PM

Yowza -- okay, these convention exclusives just HAVE to be offered up on regular cards or release somewhere down the line. This figure looks GREATASTIC!

xTEC4
04-09-2007, 10:14 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That really sucks. I was really looking forward to Luke.

<on knees>If anyone going to C4 can get me one.</on knees>

Val_Da_Carr
04-09-2007, 11:12 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That really sucks. I was really looking forward to Luke.

<on knees>If anyone going to C4 can get me one.</on knees>

Luke might be offered on the hasblatoyshop site, right?

Tom_Wesell
04-10-2007, 12:23 AM
To tell everybody the truth, I hope these figures will only
be available at C4. I hate it when you go to a convention and a figure is suppose to be exclusive, then they turn around and offer it on a website somewhere. These exclusive figures are suppose to be perks if you go to the convention. I am not just saying this because I am going. There have been exclusives in the past from conventions in other countries that I wanted, and had to pay a premium price to get. If convention EXCLUSIVES are available to everybody, then they are not special to me.

StrangeDasein
04-10-2007, 07:42 AM
I hope these are offered online like the C3 Vader. If not I'll pay the 20 bucks on ebay for them. Sure is cheaper than going all the way to C4. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

s_marlinfan
04-10-2007, 10:06 AM
be available at C4. I hate it when you go to a convention and a figure is suppose to be exclusive, then they turn around and offer it on a website somewhere. These exclusive figures are suppose to be perks if you go to the convention. I am not just saying this because I am going. There have been exclusives in the past from conventions in other countries that I wanted, and had to pay a premium price to get. If convention EXCLUSIVES are available to everybody, then they are not special to me.

I agree, becasue it cheapense the figure's purpose for being an exclusive.

NotMertz
04-10-2007, 12:03 PM
If it's just a packaging variation (exclusive coin, exclusive package, etc.) I'm all about letting the exclusive be a convention exclusive and not making them available. If the figures, regardless of packaging, are only ever offered as a convention exclusive, well, that sucks.

But I'm also willing to pay something of a premium for them if such is the case, since it will hopefully still be cheaper than getting tickets, hotels, food, etc. $30-$40 per figure for folks who didn't attend seems like a reasonable price.

Of course I might just get annoyed with Hasbro and abandon my plan to buy two complete sets of the McConcept line -- one to open, one to keep carded. This is the first time I've ever wanted to do that (collect two each of a complete subset), but if Hasbro decides to make three of the figures extremely hard and expensive to get, I'll stick to one of each or none. I'm assuming many others feel the same. I can't imagine Hasbro wants to lose money on this.

In a few weeks I'm certain the details will be cleared up and everyone will know what the 411 is on these.

CountFlame
04-10-2007, 01:13 PM
NOOOOOO!!!! two great exclusives I might never get the chance to get...anyone going want to pick me two of each? that would be great I'll pay you like...whatever you want for them...Im only a 17 year old person who works at a Culvers in Waukesha! WHY!!!!

DarthFlan
04-10-2007, 01:35 PM
I wondered when the other shoe would drop........we have the McVader coming out so it only made sense that a Luke would come out. I'm just surprised that it's a C4 exclusive instead of coming in the TAC line later down the road. Gotta have the Luke if your gettin the Vader?!

kenbenobi
04-11-2007, 03:23 PM

I have to agree. Convention exclusives should remain EXCLUSIVES! If the George figure from C2 were suddenly available in stores, I'd be upset. I've lost out on many exclusives for cons I couldnt go to. I had to pay a premium to get them on Ebay. The only thing that wouldnt bother me so much is to make a small quantity available to order if you live in another country. That way, we could get foreign exclusives, and vice versa. Otherwise, go to the con, or buy on Ebay... But I'm sure we'll see these available online after the con, if they dont sell out (and i doubt they will)... That's why they never announce a quanity! If they said limited to 3000, I'd be worried, but there will be a LOT of these figures, I guarantee it...

Zamps
04-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Off the front page:

As many fans guessed it last week when the McQuarrie R2-D2 & C-3PO were announced, Luke too will be available at Celebration IV & Celebration Europe. Fans should note this is a Hasbro exclusive, that will be available at the Hasbro booth. Each show will have an exclusive coin ( both C4 & CE ). Plus this figure is scheduled for release later in the year from what earlier reports have told us. More details here at Starwars.com.

Sounds like us non-attendees might have a chance at getting these figures.

Tom_Wesell
04-11-2007, 08:09 PM
I hope these figures are not available later on. I think the Luke will be, but I hope the droids are not. The droids should be the official exclusive for celebration and should not be available anywhere else. Since the Luke will be available at the Hasbro booth, I think this one will be available everywhere and is fine with me. I just hope they have it where you can pre-order it without having to stand in line, but I doubt it. At least it sounds like the coin will be exclusive, but we shall see how exclusive it is. I hate the word exclusive because it is used too loosely these days.

kenbenobi
04-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I hope these figures are not available later on. I think the Luke will be, but I hope the droids are not. The droids should be the official exclusive for celebration and should not be available anywhere else. Since the Luke will be available at the Hasbro booth, I think this one will be available everywhere and is fine with me. I just hope they have it where you can pre-order it without having to stand in line, but I doubt it. At least it sounds like the coin will be exclusive, but we shall see how exclusive it is. I hate the word exclusive because it is used too loosely these days.

Ya, the word exclusive doesn't hold much weight these days. It should mean "not available anywhere else." But then again, based on that criteria, my underwear is exclusive, since you can't get this underwear with these exact stains anywhere else...

Tom_Wesell
04-11-2007, 08:42 PM
How much are you selling your underwear for? Are you going to put them on eBay?

Ya, the word exclusive doesn't hold much weight these days. It should mean "not available anywhere else." But then again, based on that criteria, my underwear is exclusive, since you can't get this underwear with these exact stains anywhere else...

kenbenobi
04-11-2007, 08:47 PM
How much are you selling your underwear for? Are you going to put them on eBay?

I'm waiting til I become famous. Then all of my underwear and socks with holes in them with go on Ebay. But I'll sign them for free!

DarthFlan
04-12-2007, 09:25 AM
I can see it now "AFA 90 underwear with one of a kind Taco Bell Chalupa Stain" in Clamshell on eBay!

JTKenobi
04-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Hello All - I am debating whether or not to go to C4. I have my wife's blessing now and the airfare is reasonable so basically I am looking at where I might stay. If anyone is looking for additional roomates (even a couch would do) to bunk with to save some cash please let me know!!!!!

JT http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fodder
04-17-2007, 11:16 AM
I am so jealous!!
This thread hurts too much.
My husband would probably kill me if I redid our budget to allow for an emergency Star Wars trip.

kenbenobi
04-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Hello All - I am debating whether or not to go to C4. I have my wife's blessing now and the airfare is reasonable so basically I am looking at where I might stay. If anyone is looking for additional roomates (even a couch would do) to bunk with to save some cash please let me know!!!!!

In this thread, someone said they are looking for a roommate:
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=c4&Number=2515498&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

JTKenobi
04-18-2007, 11:10 PM

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=c4&Number=2515498&fpart=&PHPSESSID= (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat

=&Board=c4&Number=2515498&fpart=&PHPSESSID=)

Thanks for the tip, though he is saying it will be $100 a night just for me which seems a little steep. I appreciate you looking out for me! Anything else...please let me know. I may have to post a new thread.

kenbenobi
04-20-2007, 09:50 AM

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=c4&Number=2515498&fpart=&PHPSESSID= (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat

=&Board=c4&Number=2515498&fpart=&PHPSESSID=)

Thanks for the tip, though he is saying it will be $100 a night just for me which seems a little steep. I appreciate you looking out for me! Anything else...please let me know. I may have to post a new thread.

You also might want to post in this thread...

Tom_Wesell
04-21-2007, 03:29 AM
JTKenobi... Here is a someone looking for a room mate:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2524920&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#2524920

Tom_Wesell
04-21-2007, 01:08 PM
I took a picture of this display at the post office the other day:

http://home.wi.rr.com/hansolo/SSPX0204.JPG

Fodder
04-22-2007, 09:28 AM
I went to the website to try to win the trip a while ago, but it was so annoying. You have to take a quiz to test your SW knowledge, to which I thought Hooray! Then every other question is a post office question and it takes forever and is altogether pretty horrible. I dropped out. Maybe I should take it again. Surely 5 minutes of exasperation is worth it.

Tom_Wesell
04-22-2007, 12:49 PM
I would enter myself, but I am already going. I wonder what would happen if I won? Would they pay me for the money I already put into my trip? I highly doubt it.

I went to the website to try to win the trip a while ago, but it was so annoying. You have to take a quiz to test your SW knowledge, to which I thought Hooray! Then every other question is a post office question and it takes forever and is altogether pretty horrible. I dropped out. Maybe I should take it again. Surely 5 minutes of exasperation is worth it.

JTKenobi
04-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Booked my flight yesterday! Leaving on Thursday morning and coming back Sunday morning. Would be nice to be there Sunday as well but I am happy just to be going at all!! Hopefully my dream of Uncle George calling me in for a personal meeting to talk about the new live action series and present me with screen-used props doesn't come true on that Sunday.

The guy I will be bunking with, AlaskanStar, seems very cool. He said he got 4 or 5 pms about me. A sincere thanks to anyone who went out of their way to let him know about my situation. Above and beyond!

Thanks,
JT

Fodder
04-24-2007, 03:48 PM
yay! bring back lots o pics for us.

Tom_Wesell
04-24-2007, 04:48 PM
I am glad you were able to find a roommate JT. At least you are able to go some of the days. Better than nothing. We definitely have to get together during Celebration.

JTKenobi
04-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Definately! Are you guys going to see Carrie on Sat night? I am debating whether or not to buy a ticket.

Tom_Wesell
04-29-2007, 08:00 AM
No. We are not planning on seeing Carrie Fisher. We all think it is a rip-off. We are not used to paying extra to see things. I hope this isn't the way all panels are handled. I am not sure if they are doing this to cut down on the lines, or to get more money from us. If you really want to see her, get the tickets. It possibly could be a cool thing to see.

Definately! Are you guys going to see Carrie on Sat night? I am debating whether or not to buy a ticket.

kenbenobi
04-29-2007, 12:34 PM

They shouldn't be charging extra to see a panel. A party or a concert, then maybe, but a panel? This should be included! I'm boycotting... It would have to be Harrison Ford for me to even consider paying extra...

DarthFlan
05-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Man. I'm jealous I'd love to be going but it's just not in the budget. The only exclusive I really want are the Mcfigures anyway and my guess is they will be available on SW shop after the con.

Take lotsa pics and post 'em here!

s_marlinfan
05-02-2007, 12:58 PM
21 days until we leave for the big show. I'm getting all giddy about it now. It's the offical count down!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tom_Wesell
05-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I am all ready for Celebration. I just need my badge.

Bosski
05-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Anyone in Wisconsin get their C4 badge and lanyard yet? I'm always the last to get mine.

Tom_Wesell
05-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Aye! I got mine! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Anyone in Wisconsin get their C4 badge and lanyard yet? I'm always the last to get mine.

s_marlinfan
05-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Yep my C4 badge, lanyard, C4 Store quick pass ticket, and the rest came today!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It's starting to feel real now. The fanboy giddeness is setting in. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TIEpilot
05-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Got mine in the mail today as well...
I agree it now feels real...
I like many of us I am sure was starting to get worried.
All is well now though...
Hope all that are going have a safe fun trip..
This will be the 4th one for me....
Greg

Bosski
05-08-2007, 09:14 PM
I got my badge and quick pass, but I'm missing the lanyard. They told me I need to pick it up at WillCall and all will be cool after that http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Val_Da_Carr
05-08-2007, 09:18 PM
I will keep an eye out at the stores for you boys at C4.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And if ANYONE can pick up a C4 Exclusive for me I would sincely appreciate it and make it worth your while...

Tom_Wesell
05-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Oh Kenbenobi.... Did you get your fanclub lanyard? Swiski didn't get his, so we are going to have to come up with a plan to get his on Wednesday. We also need to go food shopping, and possibly pick up an air mattress from Target.
I was thinking about taking a folding chair for the line in the morning before we get in, but I don't know where I would put it after we get in. If our Hotel isn't that far away, somebody could take them back before we get in like we did for CIII. Do you think it is worth it to bring a chair along?

Tom_Wesell
05-11-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm sure everything will be cool after that. It better be!!
Because Gen Con forgot to send you your lanyard, we might not have enough time to do what we wanted on Wednesday. Kenbenboi told me that the traffic in downtown LA is horrible, and we might not have enough time to do much. I at least want to get food for the week, and an air mattress for the Hotel.

I got my badge and quick pass, but I'm missing the lanyard. They told me I need to pick it up at WillCall and all will be cool after that http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_Wesell
05-14-2007, 02:25 PM
I got my Rebelscum badge today. I am ready to rock!!!

Tom_Wesell
05-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Sounds like me and s_marlinfan have the same flight to C4. I assume Hydrospanner is on the same flight? Me and Swiski66 will be on that flight, but not kenbenobi. He is taking a different flight out, but will get there right about the same time our flight does.

s_marlinfan
05-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Sounds like me and s_marlinfan have the same flight to C4. I assume Hydrospanner is on the same flight? Me and Swiski66 will be on that flight, but not kenbenobi. He is taking a different flight out, but will get there right about the same time our flight does.

That is too funny. Lord Aegeus is on there as well.

Well when we all pile on the plane. When we leave we can say "The first transport is away." http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That would help geek up the moment even more. It will truly be a great way to kick off the trip with a plane full of WI Scummers!!!

C4 keeps getting bigger every minuet. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tom_Wesell
05-16-2007, 05:32 PM
I hope Midwest doesn't accept AirTrans's buyout offer today. It might screw up our direct flight. I need to sleep during the flight because I have to work the night before and won't have much sleep. I am bringing my Yoda Qillow on the plane so I can lay my head down. It is part pillow, part blanket. I didn't know that the airlines have stopped giving pillows out because people have cooties.

s_marlinfan
05-20-2007, 08:38 PM
All right WI Scummers 3 days until we leave. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Val_Da_Carr
05-20-2007, 09:25 PM
I hope Midwest doesn't accept AirTrans's buyout offer today. It might screw up our direct flight. I need to sleep during the flight because I have to work the night before and won't have much sleep. I am bringing my Yoda Qillow on the plane so I can lay my head down. It is part pillow, part blanket. I didn't know that the airlines have stopped giving pillows out because people have cooties.

That will take days to weeks to be approved so it should not impact your immediate travel plans.

Approval from the governmental body will take 3 to 4 months anyway.

PS - If anyone can get me 1 or 2 of the C4 McQuarrie droids I would sincerely appreciate it.
Thanks
VDC

Tom_Wesell
05-22-2007, 01:22 AM
I still have to pack yet. I thought I was going to get it done today, but I went to the doctor because I am sick. I have upper respiratory infection. I got some pills to kill it. I am sure I will see a lot of local people in the waiting area of the terminal before we board the plane. I hope I am feeling better! I will be wearing a Star Wars shirt so people will know who we are. Swiski... Make sure you wear a Star Wars shirt. Oh, I will also have my Yoda qwillow.

All right WI Scummers 3 days until we leave. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

s_marlinfan
05-22-2007, 10:00 PM
All right WI Scummers now signing off until we get back from C4!!! I'm looking forward to all of it. Also I'm looking forward to meeting up with some more fellow WI Scummers out there. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Until next week May the Force be with you. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DarthFlan
05-23-2007, 06:46 AM
have fun at the Con everyone!!! I'll be sure to clear the pegs while your gone http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Would'nt that be funny if Wave 3 came out while everyone was ar C4? LOL

JP_1C
05-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Here's wishing everyone a great four days immersed in the world of Star Wars. Wish I was going but glad that you are. ENJOY!!!

Val_Da_Carr
05-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Enjoy the C4 Experience and have 96 hours with SW history.

Did someone take a Jorge Sacul figure to have GL sign it??

Enjoy and be safe WI Scummers at the Event!!!

Zamps
05-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Any other non-C4 attendees looking at the pics and thinking "Damn I wish I was there!" There looks to be some pretty cool stuff.

Val_Da_Carr
05-24-2007, 10:23 PM
(hands Up)...ME

but I am on call for work and could not travel this weekend

facehammer
05-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Me too! The upcoming figures are pretty sweet. Pretty sick of exclusives though. (if anyone at C4 reads this and feels the need to pick up the Mcexclusives for me, I would be sooooo very happy...)

I love the fact that the Y-wing has an R4 head on it...
Jeff

Val_Da_Carr
05-28-2007, 09:27 AM
It sounds like the droids had their limits removed, hopefully some of the Scummers might have a chance to pickup some extras...PLEASE..

facehammer
05-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Add in a please for me too!

JediRacer8
05-28-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm keeping an eye on Hasbro's site just in case. If nothing else, I'm hoping the second-hand market price will drop if I'm patient and wait a few months.

NotMertz
05-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Me three, or two, or whatever. I'm down with cash or trades. Not that I have tons for trade, but here's some of it:

NotMertz's Trades for C4 McDroids . . . and his soul. (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB13&Number=2587654&fpart=&PHPSESSID=)

Thanks!

xTEC4
05-28-2007, 05:22 PM
If someone can pickem up, add me to the list of wanting the C4 droids. Will definetely pay you for your troubles.

HydroSpanner
05-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Hey all you Wisconsin peeps, I got some extras for you.:)
I have 3 extra Mc 3p0 and r2 2-packs.
They are coming back in the mail as we speak.
I am looking to trade only (for now).

I need a MOC clone wars Kit Fisto (first release).
I am looking for Jedi generals( mace, sasee Tinn, etc) from that era.
Loose vintage SW and TF's will be considered as well.
I will get a better want list later. I have a old modern trade post as well.

PM me with any and all haves.

I have the RAH exclusive sandtrooper for trade as well.

Darth_Fett
05-29-2007, 11:32 AM
PM sent to you Hydro http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_Wesell
05-30-2007, 02:25 PM
I hope everybody had fun at Celebration. I wish we could have got together, but we were always busy and had very little time. At least we got to see each other in line, and from time to time in the hall. I got a call from JTKenobi, and he said he was having a great time. I just wish we would have bumped into each other or got together to do something. We had a fun time on the plane. There was a lot of Star Wars fans to talk to and it made the flight go quickly. "The first transport is away" made everyone chear.
I volunteered for Official Pix and was able to sit next to Howie Weed who played the Wampa in the SE of Empire, Margot Apostolos who played an Ewok, and Simon Williamson who played a Gamorrean guard, Max Rebo and a Mon Calamari. Howie Weed told me that the 3D movies will probably not happen because they only processed a New Hope up to the point where Darth Vader entered the Tantive IV. Sounds like they are not putting a lot of effort to get this done.
I have a couple of droids and one luke that I have extras of and will sell for cost if anybody wants one. They are all in decent shape. I don't want to have to ship these, so I will only sell to people in the Milwaukee area.

http://home.wi.rr.com/hansolo/999_0875.JPG

Tom_Wesell
06-03-2007, 10:55 PM
I made my first attempt at uploading video on to YouTube. I didn't find much footage, so I hope you like what I posted.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/TomWesell

Tom_Wesell
06-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Here are some photos that I shot at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood:

http://home.wi.rr.com/hansolo/999_0926.JPG

http://home.wi.rr.com/hansolo/999_0927.JPG

http://home.wi.rr.com/hansolo/999_0933.JPG

This photo is of George Lucas' and Steven Spielberg's signatures:

http://home.wi.rr.com/hansolo/999_0935.JPG

s_marlinfan
06-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Tom great pics and video!!! It makes me feel like I'm still there. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great times and great memories. Not to get too cheesy but Star Wars is forever. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

kenbenobi
06-04-2007, 01:38 PM
I have a few sets of McQuarrie Droids/Luke for sale to local forum members. I bought them for a few people that "changed their minds." GRRRRRRRR... Anyway, I'm not looking to make any profit on them. But I did have to mail them back, so divided out the cost for $2 extra each figure. It would be $42 for a set of both figures. PM me if you are interested. I'm rather not have to Ebay them. I just want my money back...

Rogue_2
06-04-2007, 07:56 PM
I have a few sets of McQuarrie Droids/Luke for sale to local forum members. I bought them for a few people that "changed their minds." GRRRRRRRR... Anyway, I'm not looking to make any profit on them. But I did have to mail them back, so divided out the cost for $2 extra each figure. It would be $42 for a set of both figures. PM me if you are interested. I'm rather not have to Ebay them. I just want my money back...

PM Sent for the Luke figures.

JediRacer8
06-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Starwarsshop.com put the McDroids up for sale today.