PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Maryland. Best places to frequent?

Darth_Wilun
01-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Hi, sorry this isn't a post about finds but a request for help to find stuff. After marrying my girlfriend in late November I'm currently in the process of emigrating to the U.S. to be with my wife & hopefully start a new life in Lusby, Calvert County, if all goes well with the visa.

I've been all around MD during late Nov & early Dec & whilst the main purpose of me being there was to get married & meeting my wife's side of the family, my wife didn't mind taking me on a few hunts. I've been to stores in Waldorf, Prince Frederick & Lexington Park but I didn't anything I was after, mostly old or very little offerings.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend places I ought to visit / go to for Star Wars items & arts & crafts supplies for customising (ie: resin, sculpting wax, airbrushes etc)?

Cheers, Will

Glassman6
01-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Calvert county is in southern MD, you should contact or read up from the guys in Waldorf as to where they hunt.
You are 45 minutes to an hour from where i am, so i cant offer much help as to which are the best down there.

Look for a Micheals arts and craft store for some suplies, but your best bet is to get your cutomizing suplies on line.
THat, i can help you with. When you get settled, feel free to PM me. I've done a fair bit of customizing in my day. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

stewbacca
01-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Actually Lexington Park isnt that bad of a place to search- my brother usually finds me stuff down that way whenever he heads down there.

Another thing you may want to do is join up with the DCSWCC- we are always looking for new blood to join the group and every meeting is like a star wars themed flea market.