PDA

View Full Version : Which Character do you want next in 1:1 Bust?

DARTHBORAT
01-02-2007, 03:14 AM
I was wondering which character do you hope SSC makes next in the 1:1 Bust series?

I desperately want Emperor Palpatine from ROTJ.

Top 5:

1) Palpatine (ROTJ)

2) 3PO (ANH)

3) Boba Fett (ESB)

4) Tusken Raider (ANH)

5) Jawa w/ light up eyes (ANH)

SgtPsych
01-02-2007, 03:25 AM
Boba Fett or add a Clone Trooper. Gotta have the Clones up there.

Mister_Gosh
01-02-2007, 04:02 AM
Boba Fett or add a Clone Trooper. Gotta have the Clones up there.

A helmeted character bust probably won't happen. Sideshow has indicated they aren't very interested in doing them. Even if Lucasfilm would allow the overlap with MR's helmets (there are claims that they won't, but I don't know if those have been substantiated), it isn't clear if the market can support two different 1:1 versions of the same helmet (even if one comes with a neck and shoulders)

deathstar1000
01-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Can't they do them like they are doing the Iron Man Legendary Scale. That one has a removable face plate. So, the clonetrooper or other helmeted character can have a face reveal. I think that would look great.

Mister_Gosh
01-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Can't they do them like they are doing the Iron Man Legendary Scale. That one has a removable face plate. So, the clonetrooper or other helmeted character can have a face reveal. I think that would look great.

Maybe, but everything from SS so far has indicated that helmeted characters are low on their priority for the line. At least, that's been the response every time it comes up (and it comes up every time someone does a "wish list" thread).

Personally, I'd love to see more cantina aliens (paritcularly Hammerhead), and while I know the Neimoidians aren't popular characters, I think their great hats would make them neat additions to the line.
Bossk or a Gammorian would be nifty too. I'd like to see the line pick up some characters that don't get much treatment elsehwere, rather than being obligated to do the same set of characters everyone else does.

I realize that certain characters are very popular, but the problem with that is that it sometimes seems that nobody other than Hasbro can hold onto a license long enough to do the more niche characters. Of course, it doesn't appear that Greedo sold well, so that probably dashes my hope for more of the same.

Combat2000
01-02-2007, 10:52 PM
If they slide into the EU stuff (which I doubt they would do for a bust) I would like to see GA Thrawn.

theropod
01-03-2007, 12:29 AM
I would enjoy General Grievous or a Tusken Raider.
-theropod

DARTHBORAT
01-03-2007, 03:11 AM
The Tusken Raider would make one heck of a 1:1 scale bust as the detail that SSC puts into those busts are truly amazing.

I am stil shocked that one hasn't been made by Gentle Giant as a mini-bust but it's a New Year so hopefully we will get a Raider in some form or another in 07.

Tusken_Raiders
01-05-2007, 06:12 PM
I would want Vader with Removable Helmet...

tomandshell
01-05-2007, 11:22 PM
I would love to see a Tusken Raider.

While I said I would never get a 1:1 bust, I changed my mind after seeing the Yoda bust at Comic Con. So while he will be my only one, I would still like to see how a Tusken Raider would turn out. Why the poor guy hasn't already been done by Sideshow or Gentle Giant in some form or another is a mystery to me. (I have my fingers crossed for a 30th anniversary Tusken bust from GG in their mini-bust line.)

MrPickles
01-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Dolly Parton.

DARTHBORAT
01-07-2007, 01:30 AM
I am shocked as well that the Tusken Raider hasn't been done in either a mini-bust form by Gentle Giant or in a 1:6 figure from SSC.

I am also holding out hope that this has to be the year we see him in some form or another by GG and/or SSC.

Dosei
01-07-2007, 01:36 AM
I'd like the male or female Tusken Raider. The females barely get any recognition, yet have a friggin' awesome design.

DARTHBORAT
01-07-2007, 03:15 AM
Not only would I like to see both the male and female versions of the Tusken Raiders done but their dog-like creature from AOTC as well would be sweet!

We have so many versions of the clones from both AOTC and ROTS that I would like to see some other characters get a chance to be made immortalized in mini-bust form by GG.

Dosei
01-07-2007, 03:24 AM
Yeah really. If I see more than 2 Clones get made this year over other characters, I'm going to scream. I wonder if GG does so many because they have leftover resin or something.

DARTHBORAT
01-07-2007, 03:40 AM
I totally agree with you as there has to be a reason why so many keep getting made.

I am not in anyway anti-clones but I would feel the same way if 8 different versions of Vader were made as when you have such a large catalogue of characters to chose from it gets frustrating to see the clones literally take there forefront of the mini-busts world.

I could have sworn by now we would of had a hammerhead bust or a cantina alien bust but yet nothing.

The one character that shocks me in how little has been done with is Palpatine as all we have is one bust? I mean this character has so many different sides to him that a bust of him as the Emperor from ROTJ or a PF figure or 1:6 figure from SSC would be amazing.

Hopefully with Toy Fair around the corner we will get some new updates.

Dosei
01-07-2007, 03:50 AM
I'm not anti-Clone/Trooper either, but at this rate, I think that might change. No offense to the collectors, but seeing people [censored] like 5+ of them to add to their collection is part of the reason they sell for so much money: not everyone's getting an equal chance.

Seeing two versions of Yoda- I'm ok with that. As long as the crappy puppet version from Episode I isn't made, it's all good. All the Lukes? That's obligatory in Star Wars (just look how many god damn Lukes there are in the Lego Star Wars games alone), but I can at least tolerate it.

You're exactly right: there are tons more characters who would make for much more interesting busts than Clones. It's like in the Max Rebo band thread: they'd make any collection look a lot more lively than more Clones or Troopers. Like we really NEED an AT-AT driver over say...a regular Lando or a Tusken Raider. Heck, give me a Jawa or Ugnaught and I'll be happy. I'm not trying to speak for everyone else, but seeing yet another Imperial Army member get made over someone with a lot more to their design lets me down. It's bad enough there's a new Boba Fett "ultimate figure" made every year.

A new Palpatine would be cool, especially with that menacing smile in Episode VI. But somehow, I feel we'll see friggin' Mon Mothma before that happens.

DARTHBORAT
01-08-2007, 01:06 AM
I agree with you 100% as I am not speaking for anyone but myself as I just don't want to see anymore clones as there are just too many great characters from the SW universe that we just don't have yet in a mini-bust.

The exclusive clone that AFX is selling I pray is the last one of '07 but I doubt it as if Gentle Giant wants to duplicate something over and over again than make another Blackhole Trooper with a scratch on it and call him battle damaged so the people who couldn't get one can get a 2nd chance.

Dosei
01-08-2007, 02:26 AM
Nah, I'm sure it'd have one arm raised by 3cm and that'd be the "exclusive limited edition" one. It'd be limited to 2500 pieces, and hit the $250 price mark on eBay by July.

That exclusive Clone though almost had me wanting it. It was at least something -different- amongst all the others. Just watch though, we'll get a Cody here soon. Which would really just be an orange variant from that exclusive.

DARTHBORAT
01-08-2007, 02:29 AM
I forgot about Cody so he has to be a given for 07.

MaulFan
01-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Did you guys miss the thread already dedicated to this topic:

SSC: 1:1 Scale Bust Wish List (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=13&Number=2221658&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#2221658)

DARTHBORAT
01-08-2007, 03:20 PM
I missed that thread.