PDA

View Full Version : Special Hotel Rates?!!

dvdbloke
12-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Hiya, Just wondered if anyone had bought there ticket yet and tried any of the hotels to check out the 'special rates' they are offering to ticket buyers??

I dont know, im a little dubious about spending 59 quid on a 3 day ticket and then finding the special rates are 100+ quid a night!! Would have liked to have known the special rates before committing to 3 days...As much as I would like to just jump in for it!!

SirTristram
12-15-2006, 01:56 PM
I did...But I booked at one of the more expensive hotels. THe Star Wars Celebration Visitor rate (There is a difference from the visitor and dealer rates) was 120 pounds/night....It was a lot, but it is a nice hotel and I figure I am splurging on flying over to London anyway...

....I'm at the Crowne Plaza.

dvdbloke
12-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Hmmm, feeling very expensive this is!
Did you have to pay up front or have they just taken a deposit etc?

dvdbloke
12-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Oh well, bought my ticket!!

Anyway, spoke to the Crown, said I knew you SirTristram and they said I could stay with you. Hope thats ok? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SirTristram
12-15-2006, 06:26 PM
lol.
It might be crowded in my room then...

Um, they only took my info...no deposit required! Gives me time to save up for that as well!

BenJ
12-17-2006, 04:53 PM
What I want to know about this code is do you have to actually make the reservation at the hotel then call them up quoting your code from which they tell you the cost at convention rate?

edgejedi
12-17-2006, 05:19 PM
does anyone know how much the rate for the Ibis Excel is with the discount code taken into account please? I already have rooms booked at the £105 event rate per night - but not sure if the discount code is much cheaper....?

Thanks in advance...! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SirTristram
12-17-2006, 05:19 PM
What I want to know about this code is do you have to actually make the reservation at the hotel then call them up quoting your code from which they tell you the cost at convention rate?

No, you cannot use the code online. You must call to reserve a room with the special Star Wars Visitor Rate.

IncomT65
12-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Wow, that are some great hotels offered by the CE organization. Not.

edgejedi
01-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Theyre not so bad?

Hotel info and rates now up at the CE site, quoted below for info. Click for CE Site - Hotel packages link (http://www.celebrationeurope.com/hotel_eventpackages.htm)

We have partnered with several Hotels on the ExCeL London campus to secure special accommodation rates for Celebration Europe attendees.

To take advantage of these special rates you will need to provide the Hotel with the password ‘Celebration Europe Visitor’ and your Unique Booking Reference Number. You will be provided with this number at the when you book your tickets. Please keep it safe and make a note of it.

You will need to contact the Hotels by telephone on the numbers below to obtain the special rates as the Hotels normal online booking systems will not reflect these prices. Rates will vary from location to location, but you should find that the passwords will give you access to a variety of the best value rooms at a selection of prices.

Please note that a limited number of rooms are available in each location, on a first-come-first-served-basis. This offer is only valid as long as rooms are available.

We currently have rooms on hold in the following venues for Celebration Europe Attendees

Ibis London ExCeL – £80.00 single, £90.00 double
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7055 2300

Novotel - £109.00 single, £129.00 double
Tel: +44 (0) 870 850 4560

Sunborne Yacht Hotel - £120.00 single, £130.00 double
Tel: +44 (0) 207 059 9442

Ramada Docklands - £109.00 single, £119.00 double
Tel: + 44 (0) 870 111 8779

Crowne Plaza London Docklands - £120.00 for a single and £130.00 for a double
Tel: +44 (0) 870 990 9692

All of the above prices are inclusive of VAT and breakfast.

We have also secured some budget ‘hostel-type’ accommodation at the nearby University of East London which is a 5 minute journey from the venue on the Docklands Light Railway.

University of East London - £43 for a single room
+44 (0) 208 223 2897

This price is inclusive of VAT but exclusive of breakfast

Terms & Conditions

• You may only reserve one room (up to 4 people) at the special rates for each unique reference number. For additional rooms, you must have additional unique reference numbers.

• Rates will vary from location to location.

• A limited number of rooms are available in each location, on a first-come-first-served-basis.

• The passwords are only valid as long as rooms are available.

• Celebration Europe does not guarantee availability, rates or standards of the hotel rooms.