PDA

View Full Version : FS NEW SAGA CLONES!! Holo Cody, 442nd,5th Fleet



tlake22
12-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Tile says it all. I went to my local Walmart and picked these up.I;m in the Pittsburgh area and these have been tough to come by. I have the following: 3- Clone Trooper 442nd Seige Bn, 2- Clone Trooper Sergeant, 3- Clone Trooper 5th Fleet Bn, and 2- Holo Codys.All are on nice cards. They are $13 each which includes priority shipping.I accept paypal at tlake22@comcast.net. First come first served.Items shipped within 24 hours.Thanks for looking.

Darth_Anton
12-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Dude, you obviously haven't read the rules.

tlake22
12-15-2006, 11:34 AM
update:
Have following left:
2 Clone trooper Sergeant
2 Holo Cody
1 5th Fleet

swspiffy
12-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Dude, you obviously haven't read the rules.



haha, and yet people still buy... <shrug> guess people really want these... (well, I do, but not for more than $7)

Meat
12-15-2006, 01:51 PM
I have extras of these at cost if you need them. Dont resort to paying effed up prices for these by jerk scalpers.

Update: SOLD OUT

Nadroj
12-15-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm sorry guys, but ya'll really need to read a little better. It's 13 WITH priority shipping. Priority shipping can be expensive, and at $7.00(With no taxes.) then $6.00 shipping is not bad. Especially when he combines shipping. I got 5 figures for $46.00 including shipping. That's $35.00 for the figures, and $11.00 shipping. A very good deal.

tlake22
12-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks for coming to my defense. First,I did not list these to make a profit. I came across these recently and know that they are not everywhere at this time.IF I wanted to make money on these I could list them on Ebay and get $10 plus $5 postage as this is the going rate.I put these on here as to share my find with those who do not have them.Please do not label me as a scalper as this is the furtherst thing from the truth.After you factor in price,postage and paypal fees,you will see that there is no profit to be made.If it makes you all feel better,I will happily send these at sticker price as long as you send me a prepaid postage label and paypal fees. I truely can't beleive that I have to defend myself here about this. If some of you are unhappy here,plaese let me know and I will take this post down.Then the people who want these can either wait for them to hit the stores, or pay $18 on Ebay or buy them at the show.I 'll take my toys and go home.Again..this post was NEVER about trying to do this for profit.Thanks

Darth_Anton
12-15-2006, 02:07 PM
If some bought one figure, he's making almost a $2 profit, which is prohibited. I'll conceed that combined shipping is reasonable, but there's no mention of combined shipping in the ad.

As stated, the ad is scalping.

Here's the break down:

$6.63 - per figure
$0.40 - PA Sales tax
$4.05 - priority shipping for one figure (box is free)
$13 - sales price
$1.92 - net profit (minus paypal fees of course)

swspiffy
12-15-2006, 02:08 PM
sorry, I didn't read the shipped part. My fault.

tlake22
12-15-2006, 02:13 PM
I am relitively new here, but even I know that before you publically roast someones reputation,you should have all the facts.How I do things is this..If I'm not interested..I move on.I do not have the time nor the small mind to sit and calculate( incorrectly I might add) if someone is makeing .25 on a transaction. Hell, with the price of gas as a factor,It would take someone at least a dollar worth of gas just to drive to Walmart.How about that.Again,please do not try to ruin my rep as a trader.Here.I only wanted to share my find.No hard feeling here on my part.

Meat
12-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Your ad doesnt mention combined shipping, if you add that in there, or just say sold at cost $7 plus priority shiipping fees and paypal fees it would have looked a lot better. Sorry to jump on you, but as you must know we hate scalpers working in our backyard and a lot people get defensive. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

swspiffy
12-15-2006, 02:17 PM
<eats own words>

tlake22
12-15-2006, 02:18 PM
thank you.All is forgiven.

wuclan
12-15-2006, 02:19 PM
I think $2 is worth paying for someone's time to find the figure and ship it to me. It'd cost just that much in gas to drive out and back to all the stores, only to end up empty handed anyways.

R1G4R3PO
12-15-2006, 02:35 PM
I think the problem is your wording. As I interpret it you have (or had) 10 figs to sell for $13 each thus if anyone were to buy all 10, the posting suggests the cost is $130. No paypal, shipping fees, tax, cost of gas, etc would be $60. Also not everybody uses paypal, so paypal fees shoudn't be included and cost of gas shouldn't either. By including cost of gas, that to me is implying that you went to the store soley to buy the figs to possibly resell. If you were at WM anyway getting other items and happened to come accrossthese figs, then y charge gas cost if you were going to the wm anyway?

Lesson to be learned--BE CAREFUL OF HOW YOU WORD YOUR ADS

Darth_Anton
12-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I think $2 is worth paying for someone's time to find the figure and ship it to me. It'd cost just that much in gas to drive out and back to all the stores, only to end up empty handed anyways.



Gas is null argument since you're not going out specifialy for others.

Tlake and I have been having been exchanging some nice and calm PM's. I mentioned the wording thing and my gut reaction is that he's going to make the necessary adjustments. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nadroj
12-15-2006, 02:49 PM
While ya'll argued about this I was the only one it seems to have read it for what it was, and seize the opportunity.

I love it!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tlake22
12-15-2006, 03:35 PM
I apologize to anyone who was offended,I appriciate those who have purchased.I am withdrawing these for sale. I apologize to those who will not reap the benefit of my find.The remaing figs will be returned to Walmart in Monaca,PA tomorrow morning and they can be bought there.No hard feelings to anyone.I was only trying to help.Thanks

swspiffy
12-15-2006, 03:53 PM
hey are you sure you want to withdraw em? I'm sure people, once clarified that its with shipping, would be interested...

LandoFrychickien
12-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey Anton, what about the price of GAS, His TIME!, and the fact that he's bringing sought after figs to a DEMANDING market for a totally fair price. Admit it, the only thing that torks you right now is the fact you didn't see the ad sooner. You know, someone making 2 dollars on a hot figure after Gas and time spent hunting, boxing them up, and shipping them out is NOT SCALPING. Drop It.

And to the seller, I'm glad your dropping them!, Keep them for yourself! Or smash them with a hammer and take a photo of them and repost. This is ridiculous.

big_bad_bantha
12-15-2006, 04:36 PM
I think $2 is worth paying for someone's time to find the figure and ship it to me. It'd cost just that much in gas to drive out and back to all the stores, only to end up empty handed anyways.



I agree. Gas isn't cheap. I know I pay out the [censored] for gas and an extra $2 isn't gonna kill me. Besides, I just did business with tlake22 and was very happy with everything.

Take a chill pill, guys.

boltaction
12-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Or smash them with a hammer and take a photo of them and repost. This is ridiculous.



LOL..That is too Good...I would pay 13.00 to see that...

Octane
12-15-2006, 05:40 PM
So what is left?



Tile says it all. I went to my local Walmart and picked these up.I;m in the Pittsburgh area and these have been tough to come by. I have the following: 3- Clone Trooper 442nd Seige Bn, 2- Clone Trooper Sergeant, 3- Clone Trooper 5th Fleet Bn, and 2- Holo Codys.All are on nice cards. They are $13 each which includes priority shipping.I accept paypal at tlake22@comcast.net. First come first served.Items shipped within 24 hours.Thanks for looking.

Darth_Anton
12-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey Anton, what about the price of GAS, His TIME!, and the fact that he's bringing sought after figs to a DEMANDING market for a totally fair price. Admit it, the only thing that torks you right now is the fact you didn't see the ad sooner. You know, someone making 2 dollars on a hot figure after Gas and time spent hunting, boxing them up, and shipping them out is NOT SCALPING. Drop It.





So, you want to people to pay for YOUR GAS and YOUR TIME that you spent hunting for YOUR FIGURES. The only reason why you're in the store in the first place is for your personal gain. The second you charge other people for something that you were doing in the first place is the very definition for scalping, not to mention rude.

BTW, I've got all my wave 7 figs, thank you very much. Only payed $3.50 each. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've also started this thread (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2301179&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#2301179) so we can get an official ruling on the matter. It's what I should have done long ago, but there you go. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TEAMRICO
12-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Blah Blah Blah, every A-hole chime in with a complaint.
Please, who here has never sold something for a minor profit? Please raise your hand?? Is everyone hear not guilty of "Scalping" as you put it.
If you dont want it then dont buy it.
What a bunch of self righteous hipocrates! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Mind your own business and go buy your toys at the store instead of trolling the forums to whine and complain about the cost of bread and jump to your conclusions. I will be watching your sale list with great eagerness. I want you to take a loss for your time and gas and lunch and latest issue of Insider etc, etc. etc.........Geesh.
Get lives!
Oh, those of you buying "Extra's". You are the true scum out there, thinking you are doing the "Community" justice to help fellow collectors! Buy one of each and move out. What good does it do if you sell for cost then have others pay those outragous Postal fees to get something that will show up in a few weeks at the local Walmart.
How do you explain that, who taking advantage of who??
Who needs "Extra's"...oh and Army Builders???? Good lord, do you need 150 sandtroopers or Biker Scouts???

Darth_Anton
12-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Comment self deleted. I realized there was no point in responding. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

big_bad_bantha
12-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Hey Anton, what about the price of GAS, His TIME!, and the fact that he's bringing sought after figs to a DEMANDING market for a totally fair price. Admit it, the only thing that torks you right now is the fact you didn't see the ad sooner. You know, someone making 2 dollars on a hot figure after Gas and time spent hunting, boxing them up, and shipping them out is NOT SCALPING. Drop It.





So, you want to people to pay for YOUR GAS and YOUR TIME that you spent hunting for YOUR FIGURES. The only reason why you're in the store in the first place is for your personal gain. The second you charge other people for something that you were doing in the first place is the very definition for scalping, not to mention rude.

BTW, I've got all my wave 7 figs, thank you very much. Only payed $3.50 each. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've also started this thread (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2301179&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#2301179) so we can get an official ruling on the matter. It's what I should have done long ago, but there you go. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif



Soooo, it's ok to stick it to the rest of us by cheating (paying $3.50 a piece for figures)?

Love the logic.

Jedijace007
12-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Soooo, it's ok to stick it to the rest of us by cheating (paying $3.50 a piece for figures)?

Love the logic.



Yeah, you have me wondering... Just how did he get them for that price? Im willing to wager he (just like myself) found them at target and they wouldnt ring up. However I suspect unlike myself, when the cashier asked how much they were, He did not give the cashier the $5.89 price as I did but instead $3.50 perhaps? And for what its worth, anyone finding figs and helping others out is entitled to cover the paypal/gas/time fees. Maybe not a full share of gas and time, as yes he/she is doing the hunt for personal reasons as well, but the helpful person should not shoulder the entire burden of finding the figs. With that mentality, I wonder how many scummers have stopped helping others and are now selling on ebay to avoid breaking the "policy"...

TEAMRICO
12-15-2006, 11:16 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
but the helpful person should not shoulder the entire burden of finding the figs.

[/QUOTE]

THE BURDEN OF FINDING THESE FIGURES!!!!!!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
When has it been a burden to find figures, you guys have lost the joy of collecting and turned it into a task. HAHAHA
Soul less collectors who are only burdened with toys, man.
Remember these are toys, not your retirement.
Who here has checked the value of EP1 Figures??

big_bad_bantha
12-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Blah Blah Blah, every A-hole chime in with a complaint.
Please, who here has never sold something for a minor profit? Please raise your hand?? Is everyone hear not guilty of "Scalping" as you put it.
If you dont want it then dont buy it.
What a bunch of self righteous hipocrates! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Mind your own business and go buy your toys at the store instead of trolling the forums to whine and complain about the cost of bread and jump to your conclusions. I will be watching your sale list with great eagerness. I want you to take a loss for your time and gas and lunch and latest issue of Insider etc, etc. etc.........Geesh.
Get lives!
Oh, those of you buying "Extra's". You are the true scum out there, thinking you are doing the "Community" justice to help fellow collectors! Buy one of each and move out. What good does it do if you sell for cost then have others pay those outragous Postal fees to get something that will show up in a few weeks at the local Walmart.
How do you explain that, who taking advantage of who??
Who needs "Extra's"...oh and Army Builders???? Good lord, do you need 150 sandtroopers or Biker Scouts???



I really don't know where to begin here . What's wrong with buying extras? So if I buy 2 loaves of bread at the grocery store, that makes me a low life? Or am I fulfilling my right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness?

It's called supply and demand. Try looking it up some time.

TEAMRICO
12-16-2006, 12:05 AM
You can buy as much bread as you want, tell me one good reason you need to buy EXTRA figures, if you are not going to sell them then what?
What, just WHAT is a good reason to buy and EXTRA FIGURE?
Extra Batteries Yes, an Extra Darth Vader, come on.
People are out of control when it comes to action figures............what is one rock solid reason for an extra fig????
This falls nowhere near SUPPLY AND DEMAND!
This results in the price you pay, example, the price of gas.
Buying extra figures does NOT drive up the price, that my friend is hoarding and is causing a false sense of scarcity. Once you sell it then that is scalping if you make a profit from something that is stil at retail.

big_bad_bantha
12-16-2006, 12:14 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
but the helpful person should not shoulder the entire burden of finding the figs.



THE BURDEN OF FINDING THESE FIGURES!!!!!!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
When has it been a burden to find figures, you guys have lost the joy of collecting and turned it into a task. HAHAHA
Soul less collectors who are only burdened with toys, man.
Remember these are toys, not your retirement.
Who here has checked the value of EP1 Figures??

[/QUOTE]

You said it yourself, when has it been a burden to find figures, right? Have fun, bro!!!! I'm an army builder, not a hoarder. I don't plan on selling these later for my RETIREMENT. I love army building, period! Is that a sin? I love building dioramas, I love re-creating scenes from all the SW movies...I didn't know that was a bad thing?

tlake22
12-16-2006, 12:23 AM
This has taken on a life of it's own.The reason my family buy's extras is that we have 5 boys and myself to collect for.We buy extras when we see them to trade to others for things we don't have.I appriciate those who have purchased.Anyone interested can pm me.I'm still shaking my head as to why anyone had a problem with me.As for the post that I put in the saga section in regards to the SKU's for the Walmart exclusives.. if someone gets some extras,me and my kids would be very happy to pay what I am charging here.I'm going to bed now,but I'm sure I will find some interesting posts here in the am.Thanks and good night.

TEAMRICO
12-16-2006, 12:27 AM
Do you really have that much money to be dumping into a "Army" of Wookies from a scene that lasted 3 seconds on screen there General???
We all know the deal, you wait, YES is said WAIT, a few weeks and they will be all over the pegs at WalMArt.
This is a vicious cycle of "Supply and Demand" BS made up by so called collectors/ Nothing is RARE or Hard to Find. NOTHING! yet people take advantage of peoples belief they will not ever complete there collection in a timely manner.
These post have gotten out of hand with people slamming others for selling at a certain price, just leave the seller alone, I dont approve of some of the prices but like we have done, dont hijack the thread(Guilty).
I believe prices should not have to be posted. These deals can be made through PM's, deal or no deal.
Well I will let you get back to constructing the ultimate Nemodion Grand Army.............

big_bad_bantha
12-16-2006, 12:34 AM
Do you really have that much money to be dumping into a "Army" of Wookies from a scene that lasted 3 seconds on screen there General???
We all know the deal, you wait, YES is said WAIT, a few weeks and they will be all over the pegs at WalMArt.
This is a vicious cycle of "Supply and Demand" BS made up by so called collectors/ Nothing is RARE or Hard to Find. NOTHING! yet people take advantage of peoples belief they will not ever complete there collection in a timely manner.
These post have gotten out of hand with people slamming others for selling at a certain price, just leave the seller alone, I dont approve of some of the prices but like we have done, dont hijack the thread(Guilty).
I believe prices should not have to be posted. These deals can be made through PM's, deal or no deal.
Well I will let you get back to constructing the ultimate Nemodion Grand Army.............



What are you really mad about? Did your dad only buy you 1 Stormtrooper and all the rest of the kids' parents bought them 2-3? Still don't understand the hang up regarding army building?

Darth_Anton
12-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Soooo, it's ok to stick it to the rest of us by cheating (paying $3.50 a piece for figures)?

Love the logic.



You're right, poor statement on my part. They were on clearance at WM BTW, hardly cheating.

big_bad_bantha
12-16-2006, 01:53 AM
Soooo, it's ok to stick it to the rest of us by cheating (paying $3.50 a piece for figures)?

Love the logic.



You're right, poor statement on my part. They were on clearance at WM BTW, hardly cheating.



Got proof? Feel free to share.

Darth_Anton
12-16-2006, 01:55 AM
I can show a scanned receipt, but it still won't do any good. I could have just as easily had them input any price as suggested earlier. WM's recent clearance anomalies have been well documented, however. I just got lucky.

Like I said, poor choice of words, jerky thing to say in reaction to getting flamed.

And just a reminder for any who has an opion and getting late into the game, I started a thread here (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2301179&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#2301179) to get an official ruling. That way this issue can be put to rest, either way. If you feel gas and time are acceptable charges, let the staff know so the sales rules can be changed.

bikerscout
12-16-2006, 05:03 AM
dude after paypal fees and delivery confirmation and everything else -the guys not scalping. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

TEAMRICO
12-16-2006, 09:28 AM
First off nobody has to PROVE anything about how much they paid for something!!! If he got them for $.99 then thats his business. Why does it matter what he paid for them. Apperently we are dealing with kids here who are mad because thier allowance wont cover PAYPAL fees, or that mom wont front them the extra cash to front his Army.
Oh, picked up the entire Holo Cody wave this morning, left the "EXTRA'S" for the kids and other collectors on the hunt or should I say BURDEN of finding figures.
Sell your items at the price you want and let the buyer make the decision whether it is worth his money and time.
I guess Im old enough not to argue with kids about collecting habits and flameing (which is rampant in this "Community").
Im out......................

Darth_Anton
12-16-2006, 09:41 AM
First off nobody has to PROVE anything about how much they paid for something!!! If he got them for $.99 then thats his business. Why does it matter what he paid for them. Apperently we are dealing with kids here who are mad because thier allowance wont cover PAYPAL fees, or that mom wont front them the extra cash to front his Army.
Oh, picked up the entire Holo Cody wave this morning, left the "EXTRA'S" for the kids and other collectors on the hunt or should I say BURDEN of finding figures.
Sell your items at the price you want and let the buyer make the decision whether it is worth his money and time.
I guess Im old enough not to argue with kids about collecting habits and flameing (which is rampant in this "Community").
Im out......................



Thats what I like about you, you're an equal opportunity flamer. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jedijace007
12-16-2006, 10:56 AM
THE BURDEN OF FINDING THESE FIGURES!!!!!!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
When has it been a burden to find figures, you guys have lost the joy of collecting and turned it into a task. HAHAHA
Soul less collectors who are only burdened with toys, man.
Remember these are toys, not your retirement.
Who here has checked the value of EP1 Figures??



Wow, you're either very rich and money has no meaning or you're an idiot and cant see what I refer to is the FINANCIAL burden of finding figures. It aint free buddy, and just because you disagree with what i say is no reason to spin my words around and try and make it look like i said action figure collecting is a burden because if it were, I wouldnt do it. Unless you drive a little hybrid prius that gets a billion miles to the gallon, it ISNT cheap going store to store. If I hit 4 targets 3 walmarts and 2 TRU's (as was my typical run when i was doing this all the time) In my F150, I just spent $15-20 in gas, and I dare say I can look on that as a financial burden. And before you even open your mouth and tell me not to whine about it, etc, blah blah blah... Im not. I wouldnt have brought it up if you were'nt spinning my words. So spin/flame all you like, what I say is true...from a certain point of view. And of course its not for my retirement, thats what the stock market and my 401K are for and besides aside from vaders I open any figures I buy now which is rare anyway. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jedijace007
12-16-2006, 11:09 AM
What are you really mad about? Did your dad only buy you 1 Stormtrooper and all the rest of the kids' parents bought them 2-3? Still don't understand the hang up regarding army building?


Sounds like somebody was a little deprived as a child LOL Seriously Im afraid to mention that as of last week my sandtrooper count is up to 40 (being converted to stormtroopers) He might go off on me now too, and im amazed he's sticking up for darth anton, with his appearant hatred of armybuilders he should utterly despise anton with his 100+ VOTC troopers (need new pics I say!) but I guess he'll just find any point he feels is valid for complaint and go with it until the next point comes up. Sad. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

big_bad_bantha
12-16-2006, 12:01 PM
First off nobody has to PROVE anything about how much they paid for something!!! If he got them for $.99 then thats his business. Why does it matter what he paid for them. Apperently we are dealing with kids here who are mad because thier allowance wont cover PAYPAL fees, or that mom wont front them the extra cash to front his Army.
Oh, picked up the entire Holo Cody wave this morning, left the "EXTRA'S" for the kids and other collectors on the hunt or should I say BURDEN of finding figures.
Sell your items at the price you want and let the buyer make the decision whether it is worth his money and time.
I guess Im old enough not to argue with kids about collecting habits and flameing (which is rampant in this "Community").
Im out......................



If Darth Anton is gonna call someone out over being an alleged "scalper" then you bet your [censored] I'm gonna call Anton out on his possible "getting over" the retail stores he shops at. When he does this, he's screwing us all. If you don't like tlake22s' prices, move along.

Darth_Anton
12-16-2006, 12:32 PM
When he does this, he's screwing us all.



How? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BTW, I helped fellow scummers (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2280289&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=12&vc=1) out with that particular score.

big_bad_bantha
12-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Stunts like the 1 you pulled, buying $6.99 figures for pretty much half of that, are considered when that retail chain raises their prices. That's how.

Darth_Anton
12-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Stunts like the 1 you pulled, buying $6.99 figures for pretty much half of that, are considered when that retail chain raises their prices. That's how.



Sooo... you're accusing me of lying.

You believe me when I say I got the figures for half price, but don't believe me when I tell you that it was a legitimate sale price (that the store itself set) and provide references to support that fact. Pretty selective.

I might be a lot of things around here. Pigheaded. Democrat leaning. Lousy dancer. But I'm not a lier (heck, I think even the people around here who don't like me know that.)

So by what you're saying, me and the 4 other guys who were buying the figures (two of them scummers that I called from the store) should have told the cashier that the price they rang up at and that the price on the pegs was wrong and made them double the price? Seriously, if you were in my shoes, what would you have done? What should I have done to not screw SW collectors everywhere?

Who here doesn't think I would have been a grade A moron to tell them that the price they set selmselves was too low?


BTW, we (Penn State) nearly beat you this year. I don't know why you guys even bothered to show up. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

big_bad_bantha
12-16-2006, 04:17 PM
LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING DARTH ANTON...all right, you got me with the PSU reference, that was pretty funny. You're all-right, I don't care what anybody says about ya.

Darth_Anton
12-16-2006, 04:28 PM
No hard feelings. I deserved every bit of harrasmment I got from ya. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But dude, that was a great game.

big_bad_bantha
12-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Yes, indeed it was a good win, err, game. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TEAMRICO
12-16-2006, 08:32 PM
And I quote.......................

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
TEAMRICO wrote:
Blah Blah Blah, every A-hole chime in with a complaint.
Please, who here has never sold something for a minor profit? Please raise your hand?? Is everyone hear not guilty of "Scalping" as you put it.
If you dont want it then dont buy it.
What a bunch of self righteous hipocrates!
Mind your own business and go buy your toys at the store instead of trolling the forums to whine and complain about the cost of bread and jump to your conclusions. I will be watching your sale list with great eagerness. I want you to take a loss for your time and gas and lunch and latest issue of Insider etc, etc. etc.........Geesh.
Get lives!
Oh, those of you buying "Extra's". You are the true scum out there, thinking you are doing the "Community" justice to help fellow collectors! Buy one of each and move out. What good does it do if you sell for cost then have others pay those outragous Postal fees to get something that will show up in a few weeks at the local Walmart.
How do you explain that, who taking advantage of who??
Who needs "Extra's"...oh and Army Builders???? Good lord, do you need 150 sandtroopers or Biker Scouts???




I really don't know where to begin here . What's wrong with buying extras? So if I buy 2 loaves of bread at the grocery store, that makes me a low life? Or am I fulfilling my right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness?

It's called supply and demand. Try looking it up some time.

--------------------
Need an Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack, boxed or loose, and a loose Heavy Gunner from the Hunt For Grievous Battle Pack.
Always looking for loose vintage POTF figures.

Edited by big_bad_bantha (12/15/06 10:49 PM)

[/QUOTE]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
TEAMRICO wrote:

Quote:
but the helpful person should not shoulder the entire burden of finding the figs.




THE BURDEN OF FINDING THESE FIGURES!!!!!!!!!
When has it been a burden to find figures, you guys have lost the joy of collecting and turned it into a task. HAHAHA
Soul less collectors who are only burdened with toys, man.
Remember these are toys, not your retirement.
Who here has checked the value of EP1 Figures??




You said it yourself, when has it been a burden to find figures, right? Have fun, bro!!!! I'm an army builder, not a hoarder. I don't plan on selling these later for my RETIREMENT. I love army building, period! Is that a sin? I love building dioramas, I love re-creating scenes from all the SW movies...I didn't know that was a bad thing?

--------------------
Need an Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack, boxed or loose, and a loose Heavy Gunner from the Hunt For Grievous Battle Pack.
Always looking for loose vintage POTF figures

[/QUOTE]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
TEAMRICO wrote:
Do you really have that much money to be dumping into a "Army" of Wookies from a scene that lasted 3 seconds on screen there General???
We all know the deal, you wait, YES is said WAIT, a few weeks and they will be all over the pegs at WalMArt.
This is a vicious cycle of "Supply and Demand" BS made up by so called collectors/ Nothing is RARE or Hard to Find. NOTHING! yet people take advantage of peoples belief they will not ever complete there collection in a timely manner.
These post have gotten out of hand with people slamming others for selling at a certain price, just leave the seller alone, I dont approve of some of the prices but like we have done, dont hijack the thread(Guilty).
I believe prices should not have to be posted. These deals can be made through PM's, deal or no deal.
Well I will let you get back to constructing the ultimate Nemodion Grand Army.............




What are you really mad about? Did your dad only buy you 1 Stormtrooper and all the rest of the kids' parents bought them 2-3? Still don't understand the hang up regarding army building?

--------------------
Need an Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack, boxed or loose, and a loose Heavy Gunner from the Hunt For Grievous Battle Pack.
Always looking for loose vintage POTF figures.

[/QUOTE]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Darth_Anton wrote:

big_bad_bantha wrote:


Soooo, it's ok to stick it to the rest of us by cheating (paying $3.50 a piece for figures)?

Love the logic.




You're right, poor statement on my part. They were on clearance at WM BTW, hardly cheating.




Got proof? Feel free to share.

--------------------
Need an Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack, boxed or loose, and a loose Heavy Gunner from the Hunt For Grievous Battle Pack.
Always looking for loose vintage POTF figures.

[/QUOTE]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
TEAMRICO wrote:

THE BURDEN OF FINDING THESE FIGURES!!!!!!!!!
When has it been a burden to find figures, you guys have lost the joy of collecting and turned it into a task. HAHAHA
Soul less collectors who are only burdened with toys, man.
Remember these are toys, not your retirement.
Who here has checked the value of EP1 Figures??




Wow, you're either very rich and money has no meaning or you're an idiot and cant see what I refer to is the FINANCIAL burden of finding figures. It aint free buddy, and just because you disagree with what i say is no reason to spin my words around and try and make it look like i said action figure collecting is a burden because if it were, I wouldnt do it. Unless you drive a little hybrid prius that gets a billion miles to the gallon, it ISNT cheap going store to store. If I hit 4 targets 3 walmarts and 2 TRU's (as was my typical run when i was doing this all the time) In my F150, I just spent $15-20 in gas, and I dare say I can look on that as a financial burden. And before you even open your mouth and tell me not to whine about it, etc, blah blah blah... Im not. I wouldnt have brought it up if you were'nt spinning my words. So spin/flame all you like, what I say is true...from a certain point of view. And of course its not for my retirement, thats what the stock market and my 401K are for and besides aside from vaders I open any figures I buy now which is rare anyway.

[/QUOTE]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
big_bad_bantha wrote:

What are you really mad about? Did your dad only buy you 1 Stormtrooper and all the rest of the kids' parents bought them 2-3? Still don't understand the hang up regarding army building?



Sounds like somebody was a little deprived as a child LOL Seriously Im afraid to mention that as of last week my sandtrooper count is up to 40 (being converted to stormtroopers) He might go off on me now too, and im amazed he's sticking up for darth anton, with his appearant hatred of armybuilders he should utterly despise anton with his 100+ VOTC troopers (need new pics I say!) but I guess he'll just find any point he feels is valid for complaint and go with it until the next point comes up. Sad.

[/QUOTE]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
TEAMRICO wrote:
First off nobody has to PROVE anything about how much they paid for something!!! If he got them for $.99 then thats his business. Why does it matter what he paid for them. Apperently we are dealing with kids here who are mad because thier allowance wont cover PAYPAL fees, or that mom wont front them the extra cash to front his Army.
Oh, picked up the entire Holo Cody wave this morning, left the "EXTRA'S" for the kids and other collectors on the hunt or should I say BURDEN of finding figures.
Sell your items at the price you want and let the buyer make the decision whether it is worth his money and time.
I guess Im old enough not to argue with kids about collecting habits and flameing (which is rampant in this "Community").
Im out......................




If Darth Anton is gonna call someone out over being an alleged "scalper" then you bet your [censored] I'm gonna call Anton out on his possible "getting over" the retail stores he shops at. When he does this, he's screwing us all. If you don't like tlake22s' prices, move along.

--------------------
Need an Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack, boxed or loose, and a loose Heavy Gunner from the Hunt For Grievous Battle Pack.
Always looking for loose vintage POTF figures

[/QUOTE]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Stunts like the 1 you pulled, buying $6.99 figures for pretty much half of that, are considered when that retail chain raises their prices. That's how.

--------------------
Need an Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack, boxed or loose, and a loose Heavy Gunner from the Hunt For Grievous Battle Pack.
Always looking for loose vintage POTF figures

[/QUOTE]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING DARTH ANTON...all right, you got me with the PSU reference, that was pretty funny. You're all-right, I don't care what anybody says about ya.

--------------------
Need an Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack, boxed or loose, and a loose Heavy Gunner from the Hunt For Grievous Battle Pack.
Always looking for loose vintage POTF figures.

[/QUOTE]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Yes, indeed it was a good win, err, game.

--------------------
Need an Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack, boxed or loose, and a loose Heavy Gunner from the Hunt For Grievous Battle Pack.
Always looking for loose vintage POTF figures.

[/QUOTE]

My opinion, Army building is for kids and Dictators, Scalpers suck, Mini Wanna Be Mods are losers who wish they had authority to lock threads and IF YOU DONT LIKE IT SHUT UP AND DEAL WITH IT.
So if you are spending $1.99 a gallon of gas and devoting your life to finding action figures and you expect the world to pay for the maintainence of your F-150 that you choose to buy and the oil and gas and your lunch should I be pissed that you are paying $.30 less for gas then I am. You sir are ripping the american people and "The community" off with such low gas prices and expecting me to finance your Pick-em up truck.
I to am a poor dancer!

big_bad_bantha
12-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Naaa, dancers have brains. Your more like one of those guys that work at an adult video store that cleans up the video booths at the end of the night. Like I said before, daddy only bought you one Stormtrooper and the rest of the neighborhood kids parents' bought them 2, 3, 5 Stormtroopers and that's why you hate army builders, right?

Jedijace007
12-17-2006, 12:43 AM
My opinion, Army building is for kids and Dictators, Scalpers suck, Mini Wanna Be Mods are losers who wish they had authority to lock threads and IF YOU DONT LIKE IT SHUT UP AND DEAL WITH IT.
So if you are spending $1.99 a gallon of gas and devoting your life to finding action figures and you expect the world to pay for the maintainence of your F-150 that you choose to buy and the oil and gas and your lunch should I be pissed that you are paying $.30 less for gas then I am. You sir are ripping the american people and "The community" off with such low gas prices and expecting me to finance your Pick-em up truck.
I to am a poor dancer!



ROFL What the hell are you babbling about? Poor dancer? WTF? Ripping the american people off? WTF? Since you can quote a whole page of stuff, perhaps you should read it first. A) I no longer drive to 4TAR 3WM and 2TRU because I rarely collect anything anymore. B) last I checked I was referring to gas, not oil and maintence C)(you said)"you are spending $1.99 a gallon" when the hell did i say that?! Maybe back in 2004 i was paying that, but welcome to reality, and in this reality low grade gas is $2.35 and the only drop of gas to touch my tank is no less than $2.50 per gallon. D) Im not even selling figures here you idiot, just sticking up for someone helping others and getting a bloody nose for it. E) (you said) "Mini Wanna Be Mods are losers who wish they had authority to lock threads" Bantha is he talking about you or me, or is he talking about more imaginary stuff again: All a mod is, is another guy/gal just a smidgion (look it up) more nerdy than myself that has been given "powers" by a person a smidgion more nerdy than themselves. ITS A SCI/FI FAN SITE, its not like you can put it on a resume! You sir, are a ranting loser and I hold you in the lowest regard. Get a clue, learn to read, and get a life. And by the way I may not be selling stuff here, but I'll charge whatever I darn well want for a figure if I ever decide to sell any figures, and you can say whatever you want because I dont care about inane babble from a whiney little snot nosed stutard like yourself, Oh and by the way, all your references to "only kids armybuild" tell me you yourself are most likely a "kid" and cant afford to armybuild. However you can afford to whine. Get a life and ask mom and dad for a larger allowance ya loser http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

TEAMRICO
12-17-2006, 01:25 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Im an idiot and a whiney little snot nosed stutard"

[/QUOTE]
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
So if you are spending $1.99 a gallon of gas and devoting your life to finding action figures and you expect the world to pay for the maintainence of your F-150 that you choose to buy and the oil and gas and your lunch should I be pissed that you are paying $.30 less for gas then I am.

[/QUOTE]

This what is known as an EXAMPLE you "Stutard" .Look jack, BIG words dont make you seem any smarter then you think you are.

Jedijace007
12-17-2006, 02:34 PM
This what is known as an EXAMPLE you "Stutard" .Look jack, BIG words dont make you seem any smarter then you think you are.



The name's Jace not jack, and I dont need to seem smarter than i think I am, because I already think I seem to be smarter than you actually are. Funny how you consider "stutard" a word I essentially created by combining stupid/retarded, to be a "big word" Lets try this one on for size: I find your attitude towards armybuilders to be most lugubrious. Dont worry, after your first year of college you will find your entire vocabulary to be greatly expanded! Of course you may want to go back and get your High school diploma first, but one day words like "stutard" wont seem so big. Have a nice life! (after you get one)

Jedijace007
12-17-2006, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=TEAMRICO]

This what is known as an EXAMPLE you "Stutard" .Look jack, BIG words dont make you seem any smarter then you think you are.



Oh and one more thing buddy, the correct way to say the above would be:

BIG words dont make you seem any smarter thAn you think you are.

TEAMRICO
12-17-2006, 07:40 PM
SO what Jack is saying is that Retarded People are Stupid?
I dont think we need narrow minded people who stereotype mentally challenged people.
Now your true persona is revealed.
You take Online threads personally and let it ruin your weekend. Who needs a life more then you. I guess you think Im really attacking you! How sad.
Dont you know how to agree to disagree or would you like to make more conjuctions of other words???
YOu really need to lighten up buddy, dont let this get to you. They are toys for pete's sake.

Jedijace007
12-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Ruin my weekend? To the contrary, your ignorance and raving lunacy have provided for much entertainment this weekend! You should call me Bill O'reiley because this is the no spin zone, and I wont let you put words in my mouth or spin my words around without calling you on it. Narrow minded? As opposed to open minded, yeah I'll give you that one. As for you now twisting my comment "stutard" in calling "retarded people stupid" that is not what I did, as anyone at a 4th grade reading level would confirm, I simply combined the two words. Not once did I stereotype anyone, If anything I'd say most unfortunate people with down syndrome display more intelligence than yourself (now THERE's stereotyping.) As for "these are toys for petes sake" Perhaps I should adopt your reaction to my similar "burden of finding action figures" comment (which again was taken entirely out of context). Something like... WHAT!? How dare you belittle toys..." er not, because I dont care what you think, I only care to correct the lies you claim i said. Dont enter into a game of wits with me boy, you'll go home in tears every time.

Nadroj
12-17-2006, 09:38 PM
*sigh* Isn't this just great?! I love how internet can bring people together. People in Colorado, arguing with people in Florida......

If one of you were from Russia we'd have started the third World War by now. So why not just ignore each other (There's plenty of space between states) and go about your lives before you get us all in trouble.

TEAMRICO
12-17-2006, 11:30 PM
So jack are you a REAL Jedi as your name implies or are you a spy seeing as you are 007?
What is it?
Come on, are you dealing with some kid in CO.? Nope.
You just log on and now you are a forum/scapling/Supply and Demand/Economy Expert?????????
I have been dealing on this site for years and see the same old stuff by newbies always trying to claim a rep as an expert on all subjects including the price of what something should sell for.
Things, anything, are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay and that is it.
If someone says they have VOTC Stormtroopers for $20.00 a pop plus shipping and you dont want to pay that price why slam the guy, just pass it up and let him see nobody will pay that.
If I dont want to pay $2.10 for gas I dont go in and rant about the price to the owner and look like an idiot or "Studard" to the world.
You newbies need to just deal with the fact that people dont want to hear your 2cents about the the selling price of these toys.
People are to impatient when a new figure is reported and people who buy "Extra" figures to sell create a false shortage of something that has been on the shelves for 1 day.
Forum members here are to smart to pay scalper prices on newly released items. But it never seems to amaze that some fresh meat will try to be the sheriff of justice to police the site to try and gain respect. Leave it alone, it happens everyday and we all know who is trying to pull a fast one.
Why do people feel the need to try and protect everyone, are you saying that members here are to dumb to know the difference of a fair price. I think you feel better about yourself at night knowing that you saved someone here PAYPAL fees and out a diryt rotten scalper!! Good job Jack, you are a credit to this site.
I know you are gloating over there in the "Dirty South" and watching Miami Vice re-runs checking out your 5 oclock shadow and pushing up your sleeves on your colored sportcoat thinking you are the man! No, just another new jack trying to be a Internet tough guy.
Well, if you feel you need another round then just respond or we can let this die.

Jedijace007
12-18-2006, 02:35 PM
So jack are you a REAL Jedi as your name implies or are you a spy seeing as you are 007?
Uh... So by your own (infantile) reasoning you must be a team (of) Ricos?
What is it?
whatever I say it is
Come on, are you dealing with some kid in CO.
Yes, obviously
You just log on and now you are a forum/scapling (what is a "scapling"?)/Supply and Demand/Economy Expert?????????
Again spin doctor, those are your words not mine. I am not even making comments on supply and demand or scALping, just gas. Allthough with a degree in business administration, and extensive coursework on micro and macroeconomics I have a general concept of supply and demand. Not that its needed, it isnt rocket science
I have been dealing on this site for years and see the same old stuff by newbies(1) always trying to claim a rep as an expert on all subjects including the price of what something should sell for.
claim a rep? Im not here to make a rep(utation?) for myself, Im here to keep in contact with a good friend of mine who moved to another state.
Things, anything, are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay and that is it.
wow thats original, didya think that one up all by yourself?
If someone says they have VOTC Stormtroopers for $20.00 a pop plus shipping and you dont want to pay that price why slam the guy, just pass it up and let him see nobody will pay that.
Spin, spin, and more spin. Around and round he goes, when will he stop lying nobody knows. Now you are implying that I have a problem with scalping, when a cursory glance at any of my posts can prove im not part of that camp
If I dont want to pay $2.10 for gas I dont go in and rant about the price to the owner and look like an idiot or "Studard" to the world.
Stop babbling incessantly you'll look more intelligent
You newbies(2)
what is this angst against newbies? Ive been a lurker here for 5 years, and ive been a posting member of TFN for 5 years just because you post more than me means something special? Do you get a special decoder ring, or a iron-on patch or something?
need to just deal with the fact that people dont want to hear your 2cents about the the selling price of these toys.
GREAT! then dont listen (actually they dont "hear" anyway because this is an online forum, and we use our eyes to read, not our ears)
People are to impatient when a new figure is reported and people who buy "Extra" figures to sell create a false shortage of something that has been on the shelves for 1 day.
BTW its "people are TOO impatient" Praise be to you for pointing that out. You are the savior of the collectors. Pfew...
Forum members here are to smart to pay scalper prices on newly released items. But it never seems to amaze that some fresh meat(3)
Your 3rd noob reference, are you a noobaphobe?
will try to be the sheriff of justice to police the site to try and gain respect.
I only count respect from people I know in the real world, i am certainly not looking for it here lol
Leave it alone, it happens everyday and we all know who is trying to pull a fast one.
Paranoia, paranoia everybody's coming to get me...
Why do people feel the need to try and protect everyone, are you saying that members here are to dumb to know the difference of a fair price.
Again its "members here are TOO dumb" didnt you just cover that topic two sentences ago?
I think you feel better about yourself at night knowing that you saved someone here PAYPAL fees and out a diryt rotten scalper!! Good job Jack
its Jace you moron
, you are a credit to this site.
why thanks, I wasnt looking for praise but now that you mention it...
I know you are gloating over there in the "Dirty South"
LOL who's stereotyping now you hipocryte. BTW its " DOWN there in the dirty south", the term "Over" implies east or west not south. FYI FL is more like Las Vegas than it is like say Georgia or alabama
and watching Miami Vice re-runs
DUDE are you psychic!? I actually did watch the new miami vice movie yesterday! thats freaking incredible! (though the film was not)
checking out your 5 oclock shadow and pushing up your sleeves on your colored sportcoat
For the record he tried to put " pink colored sportcoat" but his knowledge of code is most lacking. BTW pink is the color to support breast cancer awareness, got something against that cause?
thinking you are the man!
I dont THINK that part buddy...
No, just another new jack
again, thats J-A-C-E
trying to be a Internet tough guy.
do i really need to TRY? I mean, cmon... Do i really?
Well, if you feel you need another round then just respond or we can let this die.
I dont back down from a challenge, but for the sake of the other people who may be offended by your stupidity, I invite you to continue this via PM if you feel this is worth further humiliation on your part. Have a great day!

LandoFrychickien
12-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Good Sweet Lord! This is classic rebel scum donny brook if I've ever read one! "Mother rapers!, Father stabbers!, Father Rapers! Sitting right here on the bench next to me!" In the spirit of Christmas just lay down the gloves! ROTFLMAO.

Jedijace007
12-18-2006, 06:52 PM
LOL you are right of course, but I wont just lie down and take the abuse. I am however done, and I hope if anything our little war has amused others besides myself.

wuclan
12-18-2006, 06:58 PM
So, how was the weather today?

bikerscout
12-18-2006, 07:53 PM
All in all, if this seller is making $1 and some change profit - I wouldn't call it scalping. If someone wants to buy figures in this forum rather than Ebay, it's their choice. It could be worse -look at ticketmaster - they charge ridiculous $10+ convenience fees and 'order processing' charges of $4.60+ just to print and mail tickets 1st class. It should cost $1 tops for all of that. I could also go off on a rant about SBC and phone companies price gouging but I won't. These aforementioned companies are evil.

big_bad_bantha
12-18-2006, 08:13 PM
No, Bikerscout, please do (sets up soapbox and hands Bikerscout the mic.) Now Bikerscout has the microphone and you don't so you will listen to every damn word he has to say!!!!

LandoFrychickien
12-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Lol, bikerscout. My neighbor Jay refers to the ticketmaster fees as the Mafia Tax. I've always gotten a kick out that, just the way he says it.

bikerscout
12-19-2006, 03:37 AM
I just hate companies that are monopolies and have strangleholds on everything. Ticketmaster, SBC, Microsoft, gas/oil companies - they can charge whatever they want and people will have to buy it. Terrible. These companies seriously need to be hit with antimonopoly legislation, more competition needs to develop. I'm sick of bending over backwards for these POS companies.

jediCOZMO24
12-19-2006, 11:57 AM
too much conflict on the playground...i am taking my ball and going home to play with my 5 stormies....freedom of speech is a great thing....it allows us to remove all doubt of stupidity as soon as ones reaffirms our inclination when they open their mouth and confirm their ingnorance. where is the $1.99 gas.....i will fill up, run around town to empty my tank just to fill up again at that price. MAFIA TAX....is that copyrighted..i would like to use that....

LandoFrychickien
12-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Well, I guess I'd say my neighbor holds the defacto copyright on MAFIA TAX but I'm sure it's safe to use it. I once used it in an ebay listing as a way around stating that I'd like to charge for paypal fees. I can't tell you how many emails I recieved asking what the hell I meant by that. Lol. The earlier comments about gas/oil companies, etc. I couldn't agree more. More people should begin to stand up for their rights, even if it means sacrificing some comfort. They're ways to beat the system, unfortunatley, they are just as expensive initially, as putting up with the system. That't what the corporates like to see though, choiceless sheep being herded ever so slighlty to the ledge of the nearest cliff.

Ian_C
12-20-2006, 12:24 PM
If you don't like tlake22s' prices, move along.



tlake's prices include shipping, so I think they're okay - but on your note here BBB, if you don't like RS's Classified's rules, move along. Selling product currently available in stores for anything over retail (plus taxes) is forbidden by the rules. That includes gas, time, and anything else that is subjective.

In the other thread Anton started, I commented on the rules and how they apply to this section.

It should have been cut and dry, but others are interpreting them differently.

Unfortunately, the mods are sitting this one out.

I am notifying them specifically about this thread, and hopefully they will finally lay this issue to rest.

Ian

Nadroj
12-20-2006, 01:35 PM
*sigh* This matter had already been resolved. Obviously I was the only one to take advantage of his offer. Everyone else got upset and blew up in his face. Now you have come along and added insult to injury. Did you ever think that if the mods had seen something wrong with this they would have taken action?

Or perhaps they didn't see it, I'm sure they have better things to do with their time than to sit and checkout EVERYONES prices. If so there probably wouldn't even BE a classifieds section. Let a dead dog lie. Sheesh.

Ian_C
12-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Now you have come along and added insult to injury. Did you ever think that if the mods had seen something wrong with this they would have taken action?



You talking to me? Or the many others before me that argued this point?

The mods will all tell you themselves that they do not have the time to check every single thread, and often rely on being informed by those that do see things.

By the way, I already said that tlake's prices seemed okay. I was referring to the way others were raising the issue of charging for gas and time.

Ian

Ian_C
12-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Here, in fact, are some points taken right from the sticked thread at the top of the modern classifieds section.

From the thread titled PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING (rules) (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1304794&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1304794) (for those of you that STILL don't see it. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
General Rules

- No auctioning is permitted. That means you cannot make a post stating that you will take offers and sell the item to the highest bidder.

[/QUOTE]

Too many people are guilty of this, which is why I have included it here, since this has turned into a rule debate.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Modern Classifieds

- Prices must indicate no higher than fair market value. Moderators will use their judgement to decide whether or not the prices are fair. For items currently at retail stores, the prices must be no higher than their normal retail cost. NO SCALPING OF CURRENT ITEMS WILL BE PERMITTED. If you paid more than retail for the item, you must state in your post that you did so. For items more than one year old, some leeway in price will be permitted, subject again to the discretion of the moderators.

[/QUOTE]

Is this not clear enough to people?

Where does it say that 'normal retail cost' is to include gas and/or time?

Ian

Jedijace007
12-20-2006, 04:55 PM
It is really a reasonable policy to be sure, certainly one designed to encourage people helping each other out at their own expense. I suppose if someone is truly intent on helping his fellow forumites out, but not as willing to do so at a loss, he can always add to the shipping cost like most ebayers do. Or is there a policy on that i missed. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

LandoFrychickien
12-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Ian, giving the seller a little extra for gas and time, much like a tip, is just being courteous, once in awhile I do it if asked, but usually I don't. That's my choice as a buyer. In the recent past, I've had members offer me an extra couple dollars for gas upon mailing out some Naboo wave figs, and I dind't even ask them to! They just offered! I feel the practice is a common courtesy that's all. And it DOES save the buyer money by shopping from their PC and not starting up the gas hog and driving god knows how far in vain. On the flip side, I don't clean the pegs and divert the whole toy department to my living room in order to make a lousy dollar or two a pop on Basic Star Wars Figures. Who in God's name Does? When I find I buy a few more figs than I probably should have, and I know there will be takers here on RS, I'll list em at cost. But what in the heck is wrong with being reimbursed for a paltry 1.50 or so for gas, if the buyer is obliging? You can't force someone to do it. But nobody in this thread was trying to do that in the first place. Your sig line... Wanna be moderatin...
Well if you truly want to, do it. But there is nothing wrong with this thread, it has not gone awry in any way, and raises several valid arguments and topics of discussion that can benefit the classifieds and trading section. By the way, there is alot of room in the rules left for interpretation, and it doesn't necessarily have to be just how you choose to interpret them.

Nadroj
12-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Now you have come along and added insult to injury. Did you ever think that if the mods had seen something wrong with this they would have taken action?



You talking to me? Or the many others before me that argued this point?

The mods will all tell you themselves that they do not have the time to check every single thread, and often rely on being informed by those that do see things.

By the way, I already said that tlake's prices seemed okay. I was referring to the way others were raising the issue of charging for gas and time.

Ian



Yes, I was talking to you. The argument/debate had run it's course and you rubbed salt in it. LandoFryChicken beat me to it and made my point quite clear.

Ian_C
12-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Ran its course?

Less than a day had past since the last post.

I rubbed salt in it how? By presenting a valid argument to help settle this thing?

Give me a break.

Lando, I know what you're saying. Let me reiterate - I am not condemning the seller in this thread. I am arguing against the stance that some people in this thread have taken. Many feel that paying for gas, etc., is an obligation, and that it is okay to work that into a selling price. Yes, it may be a courtesy, but it is not something to be demanded. Does the nearby McDonald's demand a gratuity on top of their Big Macs? I don't think so.

As for my sig line, I did that as sarcasm to those that don't like it when someone can argue something intelligently and with facts - and it goes against their personal views.

Ian

big_bad_bantha
12-20-2006, 09:00 PM
If you don't like tlake22s' prices, move along.



tlake's prices include shipping, so I think they're okay - but on your note here BBB, if you don't like RS's Classified's rules, move along. Selling product currently available in stores for anything over retail (plus taxes) is forbidden by the rules. That includes gas, time, and anything else that is subjective.

In the other thread Anton started, I commented on the rules and how they apply to this section.

It should have been cut and dry, but others are interpreting them differently.

Unfortunately, the mods are sitting this one out.

I am notifying them specifically about this thread, and hopefully they will finally lay this issue to rest.

Ian



There are also rules regarding flaming, guess you chose not to read those rules, eh? This argument has been resolved.
If you say you have no problem with tlake22's prices why post anything? You can notify the mods all you want, and they'll read that you came in here to start trouble. Not too smart are ya?

Ian_C
12-21-2006, 06:02 AM
Hey BBB,

Try looking up the definition of flaming. I don't know why you're taking facts so personally, but too bad.

If this had been resolved, then why is there still any debate at all?

Also, try reading my posts. I have already explained that the whole reason I'm in this debate is to answer the off topic arguments about whether gas and time should be factored into a selling price. Those debates started in this thread - I didn't take it off topic.

Not too good at reading, are ya? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Why do you kids never learn? Damn newbies...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/******barada/0000newbie.jpg

Ian

Jedijace007
12-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Another self righteous Noobaphobe. LOL Good luck with that, big-shot... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LandoFrychickien
12-21-2006, 09:15 AM
You gotta learn, every time Ian gets himself involved in a thread like this, it is innevitable that he rips on newbies. That's just his thing. He isn't going to change for anyone, are you? Perhaps, perhaps not? All that aside, he is a great contributor to RS acrooss the boards. The issues raised in this thread are far from resolved, simply because they will remain ongoing issues on a subjective basis between buyers and sellers within individual transactions. There is no way the moderators can control what happens in that regard. All they can do is lay the framework for polite and ethical business transactions to occur. I feel they have done a great job of doing so.
This whole thread, as I recall is really about nothing more than a member attempting to sell some stuff, as far as I know, the stuff has been sold. The seller is happy, and the buyers are likely happy. So is this matter closed? I hope so.

Jedijace007
12-21-2006, 09:23 AM
No, thats fine, to each his own. If he wants to hate people because they are new at something thats perfectly rational... Hmmm right... There was a time that he himself was a newb, but nevermind that, hes made it! He's reached the top! He is one of the popular/powerful/anti-noobs, and I look up to him as a role model. Maybe in 3 or 4 years I'll be able to hate noobs also... Sigh... but until then I'll just have to put up with ignorant morons. Oh well, and yeah this thread is over as far as im concerned however as long as someone posts something worth responding to (however dubious) myself (and i'll assume you as well lando) will continue to post. Good day!

Ian_C
12-21-2006, 07:11 PM
You gotta learn, every time Ian gets himself involved in a thread like this, it is innevitable that he rips on newbies. That's just his thing. He isn't going to change for anyone, are you? Perhaps, perhaps not? All that aside, he is a great contributor to RS acrooss the boards. The issues raised in this thread are far from resolved, simply because they will remain ongoing issues on a subjective basis between buyers and sellers within individual transactions. There is no way the moderators can control what happens in that regard. All they can do is lay the framework for polite and ethical business transactions to occur. I feel they have done a great job of doing so.
This whole thread, as I recall is really about nothing more than a member attempting to sell some stuff, as far as I know, the stuff has been sold. The seller is happy, and the buyers are likely happy. So is this matter closed? I hope so.



You know what?

Lando and I have had some differences, but this is overall one of the best posts in this entire thread.

I don't mind his criticisms of me one bit in this post, because he presented them in a mature way, and offered something based more on attempting to resolve the issue than fan the fire.

If you go back through this thread, what you'll see is that I stayed out for a while, and then when the debate started getting heated, I came in and politely explained the rules. I was jumped on, and the more argumentative people got with me, the more so I became argumentative with them.

You guys think I rip on newbies? Damn, some of the people I talk to often here are newbies themselves. I am NOT anti-newbie.

Let me explain. Yes, I have been here 5 years. That doesn't make me better - but it does give me a whole ton of experience with issues that come up in here. There is virtually nothing about the way this place runs that hasn't been criticized, debated, and argued over in my 5 years here. I've heard it all before, and more often than not, the mods end up saying something to the effect of 'these are the rules, if you don't like them, move on'.

I'm not naming names, but from time to time, there are people that join up, that go a little gung ho, with little regard to rules. Usually, this involves trolling and/or post-padding, but there are many instances of it involving Classifieds issues. Someone like myself, who has seen this before, tries to intervene, and then gets ganged up by a group of people that want to change the rules to their personal preference, and not to how they exist.

Nine times out of ten, it involves someone who has been here less than 18 months, and almost always involves people still in school - usually teenagers.

The biggest problem is that these people are convinced they are right, dismissing the people that have been here for years and generally know how things work around here better.

A large number of the longtime members here are mods/admins on other boards. This prevents us from being mods here, as the RS rule is one can only mod here and nowhere else. However, it means that many of us are experienced with forum debates.

Too many new members come in here demanding respect, and don't understand that it has to be earned. When you come in here as a member who has been here a whole three months, and try to throw your weight around, you're going to be brushed off by the older members.

Think I'm bad? Try to act like a bigshot in the vintage forums. Those guys will rip you apart if you go in with too much bravadao, telling everyone how things are here.

Part of my previous post was hoping to bait the mods into finally intervening in this thread. I have no clue why they haven't gotten involved, on behalf of either side. Usually, a thread like this would have been shut down days ago...

Ian

Jedijace007
12-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Maybe the mods havnt stepped in because they agree with the views of some people here but are afraid to upset the balance with the aftermath and confusion that would surely follow when all the suckups would be forced to agree with their decision (to support the guy trying just trying to make his money back) when in reality the hordes of suckups are against Joe Average making his gas $ back. Who knows. (and for what its worth I did go into the vintage threads and argued with some clown in there blaming others for his misfortunes and nobody made a peep, probably because what I said was common sense and any rational thinking adult would agree.) Moving onward.

Ian_C
12-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Actually, I just checked, and there are two mods in this section.

Tommy_T hasn't posted since mid-October, marking the second time this year that he has gone AWOL for considerable time.

The only other mod for this section is threedarths, who has barely posted in the last several weeks, and the last time he posted in this section was over two weeks ago.

Not a case of being afraid to upset some sort of delicate balance at all - there's apparently no moderators in here to keep order....

Ian

big_bad_bantha
12-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Well maybe you should do your duty as the original newbie-hatin, wannabe moderatin, sheriff of the RS thread police and turn those 2 no good for nothin mods in for not doin their jobs and lockin this here thread up!!!!!!!!

Jedijace007
12-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Well fortunatly we have you to do that. Thank you Ian...

**Edit** Not fair bantha, I was here first lol :-)

Ian_C
12-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Ok, hopefully you two wiseasses will get your wish.

I personally PM'd Philip Wise, and have asked him to step in and make a statement either for or against this issue.

As for my sig line, both of you need to do some reading. I've already addressed that. Some people don't understand sarcasm...

Ian

Jedijace007
12-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Im pretty sure the term "wise*****es" violates the language policy, I plan on notifying Mr wise as well. Oh wait, Im not a wanabee enforcer like yourself. Good luck with that, bigshot!

big_bad_bantha
12-21-2006, 08:41 PM
No, I believe you ARE a wannabe mod. Why else would you PM Phillip Wise and know that some mod hadn't posted since October? It's not sarcasim, you really think your a mod and that's funny as hell. I bet your were THAT kid that sat in the front row in your classroom, brought an apple to your teacher everyday, and was the official classroom monitor whenever the teacher left the room for 5 minutes. You were, weren't ya?

TEAMRICO
12-21-2006, 09:46 PM
IAN_C, dont bother with these two clowns, they have resorted to personal attacks using PM's to include Racial remarks against Puerto Ricans and then personal attacks directed towards family members. These two BIG BAD BANTHA and JEDIJACK007 guys are not worth dealing with anymore and I would never do personal trades or sales with these guys. One is an total clown and the other is an apparent racist with the remarks he decided to PM me!
These guys should be banned and Mr. Wise should be notified of these type of lurkers who wish the ruin this site.
They ruin the hobby with there distorted veiws of Scalping and buying "Extra's" etc. then they resort to private attacks. Way to go guys, you've been outed for what you are.
Dont give these guys an outlet IAN_C.
They will go away sooner or later and be forgotten.

big_bad_bantha
12-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Careful what you accuse me of. I asked you who TEAMRICO consisted of. I stated what I thought it consisted of and you responded with what you responded with. I tried to PM you back to apologize for your loss but you placed me on ignore. Do not lie about what took place.

Nadroj
12-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Rico, Ian, neither of ya'll had to post in here in the first place. So why not pack up and get out of the thread if you don't like it.

And as for telling the mods Ian. As per Bruce Willis' line -- 'Waaah! Waaah! Somebody call the Waaaambulance!!'

devo73
12-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Wow, I just caught up and read this thread.

Anyone that resorts to getting down and dirty personal and starts slings at family members is a total d**** bag.
Neither would say jack squat if faced up close and personal. Monitors and keyboards (and the vast broadness of the internet) add much needed secuirty and b**** for *** wads like that.

Just shows the cowards from the real. And the wittle boys from the men. Not the first set of net b**** someone has decided to use and surely not the last.

big_bad_bantha
12-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Rico, Ian, neither of ya'll had to post in here in the first place. So why not pack up and get out of the thread if you don't like it.

And as for telling the mods Ian. As per Bruce Willis' line -- 'Waaah! Waaah! Somebody call the Waaaambulance!!'



Exactly!!! TEAMRICO was totally cracking on jedijace007's name but yet when someone cracks on his username, it's not ok. Nice double standard there, dude. As for Ian, well, he's a low down dirty rat. And that's about it.

Jedijace007
12-21-2006, 10:34 PM
IAN_C, dont bother with these two clowns
He has a point, you'll lose.
they have resorted to personal attacks using PM's
Yeah, and Im posting my "attack" at the bottom of this page. How bout you tell everybody what youve been doing?
to include Racial remarks against Puerto Ricans
Lies and more spin as you all will see shortly
and then personal attacks directed towards family members.
this is more than likely bantha he's lying about now
These two BIG BAD BANTHA and JEDIJACK007 guys
its J---A---C---E you freaking idiot child
are not worth dealing with anymore and I would never do personal trades or sales with these guys
good, i dont do trades with minors like yourself
One is an total clown
yeah then you must be the clown shoes because he's walking all over you
and the other is an apparent racist
strong accusations, again your lies will be dealt with shortly
with the remarks he decided to PM me!
And now, post here for everyone to see! This message brought to you by Subway: Eat fresh!!
These guys should be banned and Mr. Wise should be notified
on that we agree, he needs to be notified you bypassed the age filter
of these type of lurkers
BTW, the definition of 'lurker' is one who lurks and does not post, you idiot
who wish the ruin this site
"who wish the ruin this site"? What are you, six? To quote spellcheck: "Sentence fragmented, consider revising." love the site by the way, just hate ignorant morons who can't properly use the english language.
They ruin the hobby with there distorted veiws of Scalping and buying "Extra's" etc
What, armybuilding? I am a sick, twisted, armybuilder. ARGH!!!!! Lock your doors and hide your women!! its an ARMYBUILDER! NOOOOOOO!
then they resort to private attacks.
only after being informed by other forumites you were badmouthing me to people besides... well; me
Way to go guys, you've been outed for what you are.
What, a college graduate? a contributing member of society? A taxpayer? A republican? A photographer? A webdesigner? A responsible adult? wait... I know: An ARMYBUILDER... RUN!!!http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Dont give these guys an outlet IAN_C
definatly dont give him a power outlet Ian, he'll probably stick his finger in it. .
They will go away sooner or later and be forgotten.
I wouldnt count on that...



And now to post the INFAMOUS EVIL, RACIALLY BIASED "attack" here you all are (and for what its worth the guy i sit next to at work is puerto rican and he read it before i sent it and laughed, so suck on that) And for those of you who dont get the "team of" jokes, He made fun of my handle by saying I "thought i was a jedi or a spy because my handle is jedijace007"

"Hey there team of ricos. Are you a sports team or a team of horses or perhaps a team of puerto rico(ans)? Im glad to see you stopped posting, as you obviously didnt have the intellectual fortitude to continue, and even I was cringing at the virtual beating you were inflicting upon yourself. I normally wouldnt waste the time of day PMing you but it has been brought to my attention that you have been whineing to other scummers about my offering the new wave in the classified forums. You need to grow a pair of [censored] and PM me about it or even better post your thoughts in the open instead of being a gutless little terd and hiding in the shadows. Good luck with your pathetic little life, you team of ricos. -Onward "

So make your own conclusions and dont let this little snot form your opinions for you :-)

devo73
12-21-2006, 11:15 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Way to go guys, you've been outed for what you are.
What, an college graduate?

[/QUOTE]

Oh, the irony.... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif I believe it would be "What, "a" college graduate?"- I think that's actually middle school level stuff there.

Also just a word of advice- posting of private messages is highly frowned upon and if I remember correctly an offense worthy of suspension or banning.

big_bad_bantha
12-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Wow, I just caught up and read this thread.

Anyone that resorts to getting down and dirty personal and starts slings at family members is a total d**** bag.
Neither would say jack squat if faced up close and personal. Monitors and keyboards (and the vast broadness of the internet) add much needed secuirty and b**** for *** wads like that.

Just shows the cowards from the real. And the wittle boys from the men. Not the first set of net b**** someone has decided to use and surely not the last.



Up close and personal? I'd just straight up kick your [censored] up close and personal ya little punk.

Jedijace007
12-21-2006, 11:20 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Way to go guys, you've been outed for what you are.
What, an college graduate?



Oh, the irony.... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif I believe it would be "What, "a" college graduate?"- I think that's actually middle school level stuff there.

Also just a word of advice- posting of private messages is highly frowned upon and if I remember correctly an offense worthy of suspension or banning.

[/QUOTE]

Nice try buddy, but that would be the posting of PM's sent to me. I am posting a PM I sent to him, thus it's ok. And why the hostility? I havnt attacked you, are you his babysitter or something? I honestly dont care if you believe Im a college grad or not because the only people I care to have realize that fact are the ones reading my resume and myself, and you arent either one of them. Everyone else can simply assume I am intelligent because I portray that both on and offline. Peace out.

*edit* BTW for what its worth, I originally had put something else where "college grad" was that required an "an" and changed it to something more appropriate, and didnt catch the error, but thanks for catching that for me. Quite unlike the swarms of grammatical errors your little friend makes though, but since its all you had to work with i'll give you credit.

devo73
12-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Up close and personal? I'd just straight up kick your [censored] up close and personal ya little punk.



God, this made me near fall off my chair in hysterical laughter. I have to give it to you- that one has to be sig worthy if I ever saw so (matter of fact after this post I think it will be mine).

For me to even touch that comment would be just as laughable. Considering the year's end is very near at this point.... I think you just snuck a last minute win in for "Tool of the Year". Good job big boy!

EDIT Oh just one question big boy....
What's U S AND A? Is that United States and America? You really come up with some good ones.

Jedijace007
12-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Edit: Thank some of you for your PM support, you are right, its not worth getting banned for. devo73, and Team rico are morons.

devo73
12-21-2006, 11:53 PM
LOL i would pay good money to see the look on your face if you could see bantha right now. The guy could bend you in half without breaking a sweat. By your own words, people hide behind the internet and its what you're doing now. If you suddenly turned around and were standing next to bantha or myself, and had said that, you would stutter something appologetic and then run away looking for a paper towell LOL



EDIT Oh just one question big boy....



By the way you sound like a flaming [censored].



Good use of your college education. Not that I'm always the best user of grammar or spelling every word right- I'm also not touting my "college education" around. What school did you attend? Was it the school of hard knocks possibly?

I swear you have struck fear into me more frightening than that of God. I truly thank the maker I'm no where near you and bantha for fear I might be beat into a pulp. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Oh in case you missed that lesson in class that my friend was sarcasm.

You're really looking to have your pathetic *** thrown into the street though. Posting of PM's, [censored] bashing.... Is there anything else you'd like to add to the list big boy. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jedijace007
12-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Edit: Thank some of you for your PM support, you are right, its not worth getting banned for. devo73, and Team rico are morons.

Ian_C
12-21-2006, 11:56 PM
As for Ian, well, he's a low down dirty rat. And that's about it.



Oh my goodness,

The kids are stuck for something relevent or original to say, so they both resort to name calling. "Low down dirty rat"? For what? Having an opinion different than yours? Yup, you guys are showing a TON of maturity.

You guys are both bordering on trolling. Did I actually call either of you anything other than damn newbies?

Very interesting that one of you (you're both blending together to me right now) is using a school metaphor to describe what you think of me.

Apparently, the school-age intellect is the best you guys have.

Oh, and Nadroj, eat your own words, and stay out of this yourself.

WAIT!!!!!

The recess bell just rang. You guys better get back to class.

Ian

devo73
12-21-2006, 11:59 PM
You seem to edit out things quite often. Are you suddenly feeling scared what you say might get you in some trouble?

See now some might say you have no backbone. I might agree 100% with them.

Also who are "those" people? You mean (as you put it) "queers"? I guess they are a different form so as to be labeled in reference as "those people".

Yeah I know, I know you'll kick my ***.... blah, blah, blah....

Jedijace007
12-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Edit: Thank some of you for your PM support, you are right, its not worth getting banned for. devo73, and Team rico are morons.

Ian_C
12-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Lemme guess, You're here, you're queer, and you arent going any where?



Judging from past incidents, this is grounds enough alone for suspension.

Way to go, as you have just added being a bigot to your increasing list of wonderful personality traits you've exhibited in your last few posts.

Oh, and in case you think your college education is something unique, I got my BA 10 years ago. Don't be flinging around your education level like it makes you something special.

Ian

*EDIT*

Yes, "queers" are different from straights, blacks are different from whites, english is different than spanish, Up is different from down, We celebrate humanity by our diferences, we arent all clones. There is nothing wrong with pointing that out. I didnt insult them, only you. And only a Politically correct little sod like yourself would find fault in pointing that out.



...And only an ignorant bigot would think this is appropriate language to be flinging around on a forum where there are several homosexuals that would take offence to your candid use of terms like this.

Jedijace007
12-22-2006, 12:06 AM
Edit: Thank some of you for your PM support, you are right, its not worth getting banned for. devo73, and Team rico are morons.

devo73
12-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Yes, "queers" are different from straights, blacks are different from whites, english is different than spanish, Up is different from down, We celebrate humanity by our diferences, we arent all clones. There is nothing wrong with pointing that out. I didnt insult them, only you. And only a Politically correct little sod like yourself would find fault in pointing that out.



I have to start quoting you in order to keep your words up because Lord knows you'll edit them fast in the same cowardly fashion you have done over and over.

So people aren't just people huh? Wow, not only are you as pathetic as is allowed to roam this great planet, but you are also a huge bigot. Wait, that goes hand in hand so scratch that.

By your words (and frightening description) I picture some big bigot oaf looking middle school punk sitting behind his keyboard hoping mommy and daddy don't bust in and catch him online past his bedtime.

EDIT </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Im a right wing republican

[/QUOTE] I see things much more clearly now.

Ian_C
12-22-2006, 12:11 AM
I havnt insulted your inteligence because you havnt said anything idiotic yet,



And you likely won't see me type anything idiotic.

Yes, we're in disagreement here (what an understatement), but one really needs to question what makes you think you're going to win arguments by picking on a person's grammatical flaws.

There are ways to win arguments. Sound reasoning, presentation of facts, etc. Belittling one's mastery of English is far from one of them, and makes you look like a pretentious snob.

Seriously, even aside from our own argument, think about what you're writing, and how it comes across to the average person reading this mess.

Ian

Ian_C
12-22-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm out of this one for the night. Some people work, and need sleep.

Ian

Jedijace007
12-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Edit: Thank some of you for your PM support, you are right, its not worth getting banned for. devo73, and Team rico are morons.

Jedijace007
12-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Edit: Thank some of you for your PM support, you are right, its not worth getting banned for. devo73, and Team rico are morons.

devo73
12-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Yes, I constantly edit my posts for accuracy and content.



AGAIN the irony.... Toodles my dear big boy friend. I'm guessing bedtime is nil tonight because XMas vacation has started. Im sure my ears will be buzzing once you call all your buds and tell them how you told someone online what a bad *** you are. Yeah, I remember those pre-*****cent days as well.

Nighy night from a proud left wing zombie.

Jedijace007
12-22-2006, 12:29 AM
My appologies for allowing this nonsensical BS to continue, If I offended anyone here (excluding devo73, Ian, and team rico) my appologies. any clear minded individual would not be offended by anything i've said but being new to this site, several of you have kindly PM'd me warning of things i could be banned for, so I've wiped everything. For what its worth, I wasnt insulting gays, just pointing out Devo73 displayed h0mo$exual tendancies. If I end up banned its been nice conversing with some of you! Onward!