PDA

View Full Version : Out of control???

devo73
12-08-2006, 10:52 AM
It seems the classifieds section is seriously in need of help moderator wise. I mean do the mods here even care at all or attempt to clean things up?

I see five to six sale posts from the same person. Is there a need to post that many different posts for items you are selling? Is one not sufficient enough?

Also I have seen people bump in the morning, afternoon, and at night. This part of the forums is seriously in need of help and I haven't seen that happen in quite some time.

Does anyone else agree?

CaptainAlex
12-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Not really. I see no problem people in bumping their posts for visability reasons. They are either trying to sell or are looking for a specific product. As long as it's not done every hour I think it's fine.

The same can be said about mulitple threads from the same poster. I know I hate looking through long lists for things. I like mulitple posting from users when they group like things (3 3/4 figures, ships, misc items, etc) It makes it quicker to use.

Strikefoil
12-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Depending on how you define out of control. I dont think it is out of control in my opinion.

devo73
12-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Somehow I didn't think you would

swspiffy
12-08-2006, 11:27 AM
haha

the mods are probably on other parts of the boards and may not have gotten here yet. maybe PM one of em and ask?

Strikefoil
12-08-2006, 11:31 AM
I am sure the mods are busy. Isnt there supposed to be so many mods per forums or categories like there is supposed to be so many adults to kids in a daycare.

Ian_C
12-08-2006, 11:34 AM
On the flip side, multiple posts by the same person is not fair to the person who sees their one consolidated thread bumped off the page by the four people who choose not to be this considerate.

The frequency of bumping is not even debatable, as there is a post stickied that explains it. Three times per day is excessive by any measure though.

Isnt there supposed to be so many mods per forums or categories like there is supposed to be so many adults to kids in a daycare.

Yeah, in this forum, too often it seems like there's not enough adults in this daycare called Rebelscum...

Ian

Strikefoil
12-08-2006, 11:36 AM
You have a point there.

Mapman
12-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I admit it, I'm a bumper, but I try to keep to it to once a day at the most unless there is an actual update.

TerdVader
12-08-2006, 12:37 PM
No, I don't think bumping is a problem at all. I think those who want to sell their items probably want to get rid of them, not start an online store. I think getting rid of a loved collection of toys and collectables isn't an easy thing for alot of people to do. I see many posts here from scummers who need money for bills and emergencies, where allowing their post to mover to the 3rd or 4th page is not acceptable. Moderators exist to keep the peace, and make this website a friendly and profane free place to spend our idle time, their job is not to make it so that your searching options for good deals is uninterupted by posts you've already viewed.

devo73
12-08-2006, 12:44 PM
Obviously the point is missed by many (SHOCKER).

A bump a day is acceptable and very tolerable. I do it myself. And of course if an update is made a bump for that is also acceptable. I'm talking about those that bump 2-3-4 times a day just to get on top further pushing anyone elses' posts down or off the page.

Then again it's no shocker some find it acceptable in this day and age when many people think the sun rises and sets for them only.

TerdVader
12-08-2006, 12:58 PM
I agree that maybe more than one bump a day could be excessive, but I don't see anything wrong with having different posts for different items, especially if your collection consists of many different types of stuff. But the whole point of my above post is just to state that since we really don't know the motivations behind why people sell their stuff, we shouldn't judge them or try to have someone regulate how they do it. If you notice people bumping thier posts multiple times a day, then you too are here multiple times a day, thus, probably giving you some of the first picks and best deals found here. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif
My suggestion is to set your preference to see more threads, that way it takes more time for any of them to get bumped off the page.

Strikefoil
12-08-2006, 01:25 PM
I am sure if there is a problem the mods will take care of it.

CaptainAlex
12-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Then again it's no shocker some find it acceptable in this day and age when many people think the sun rises and sets for them only.

It's the nature of the marketplace. If one wnts to buy or sell sothing, especially when it comes to something that's collectible like Star Wars is, you need to be an active individual.

If this system of buying an selling doesn't work for you then go to ebay where you can do searches by only what you are looking for.

The art of collecting is not fair. It's really every person for themselves when it comes to the marketplace.

RDM
12-08-2006, 01:58 PM
The only thing out of control are the Mini-Mods.

Ian_C
12-08-2006, 02:16 PM
II don't see anything wrong with having different posts for different items, especially if your collection consists of many different types of stuff.

That's what thread topics are for. Many threads in here have titles that specify things like Unleashed, Army Builders, Cheap Lots, Titanium, etc.

If you have 'demand' items, place them at the top of your post and in bold letters. Problem solved Alex.

I don't buy this logic of it's a selfish marketplace, so it's everyone for themself. No, that's bull [censored], and you all know it. Once a day is more than enough for bumping. If it's still on the first page, it will get viewed, whether it's first or 20th down the list of threads.

It's inconsiderate, and I am actually turned off by pushy people who practice this, no matter what they're selling. You don't need to be at the top of the page all day every day.

As far as why people are selling items, then it's easy. If it's for a financial crisis, sell them below market value, and they'll sell fast. If it's for your own profit, too bad. Try ebay for ripping others off.

The art of patience and consideration for other people is lost on today's society.

The only thing out of control are the Mini-Mods.

The only people that seem to have a problem with the so-called 'mini-mods' are people that have little respect for forum rules or etiquette, and throw a tantrum when someone calls someone on it.

Ian

devo73
12-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Ian,

Being anywhere near level headed is not very welcome here we/you know that. Lord forbid anyone considerate of the next guy here.

The selfish attitudes and such, to me, only reflect how one was raised. Many moms and dads to those here should be proud.

CaptainAlex
12-08-2006, 03:24 PM
It's not selfish it's realistic. The art of collecting almost anything tends to focus on one individuals taste. The marketplace by definition is there to be a money making enterprise. If people want to go in it for profit who can fault them if someone is willing to pay the price asked.

It's great people like to help other people out in the forums here. I'm oneof them. I have a very good feedback from the selling of my Hasbro collection. But I never fault people for wanting to make some money for in demand items.

I feel there this is link between some forum members wanting to make extra dollars and being a scalper. It's too simple and easy to do.

If you don't like to shop at Rebelscum's forum then look at some of the other colelcting websites for yoiur needs/wants. But RS has very high traffic and overall very decent buyers/sellers.

I had no problem with anything Ian. I was just expressing my p.o.v. on the original question asked.

I see forum members being ripped off by sellers taking the money and running as a much bigger problem than the bumping of listings. There's your true harm to the marketplace for everyone.

Strikefoil
12-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Ebay is too expensive. I dont know how people can make money off of ebay. I could barely break even on it if I tried it. I want to make money not lose it. Does that make sense?

Ian_C
12-09-2006, 07:33 AM
Alex, you're right in that those that essentially steal money and run are by far a worse problem than this.

My comment about those 'having a problem' was directed at someone else's post.

I'm also expressing my p.o.v.

Ebay is too expensive. I dont know how people can make money off of ebay. I could barely break even on it if I tried it. I want to make money not lose it. Does that make sense?

What's your reason behind selling anything? Like I said before, if you're selling due to some personal hardship, then I have no problem with getting back what you put into something. If you are purposely buying with the intention of flipping for a profit, though, you are no better than a scalper, and have no sympathy from me if you cannot make that money back, nor should you be taking advantage of other people in this forum.

Just because it's a widespread situation to buy with the intention of flipping for profit doesn't mean it's right. Look at how everyone is belittling the TMX Elmo's in Wuher's as an extreme example of the point I'm making.

Ian

Strikefoil
12-11-2006, 06:25 PM
I am not trying to scalp. I am trying to get what I put into my stuff from the get go. I am trying to get something for my stuff. I meant to say was I am trying to get my money back not put into fees.