PDA

View Full Version : PF Vader Exclusive on Waitlist

AlaskanStar
10-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Just thought I would share this as I can't beleive it. I had this piece on the waitlist for a couple of months now and had given up on getting one and then today I get an email telling me it has been turned into an order and my vader will be coming within the next few days. Nice!!!
I love the way Sideshow does this waitlist. Wish other companies would take note.

MaxWedge
10-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Good job!

I first saw the PF Vader as SDCC this year, they had it displayed crossing sabers with PF Obi-Wan in a glass case, recreating the scene from Episode IV. It looked great!

CaptainCargo
10-19-2006, 03:31 PM
I hate to rain on your parade, but Blizzard1 just had the same thing happen and it didn't turn out well for him. I'll PM him to see if he'll tell his tale...

ump
10-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Its seem sideshow still have some Vader in stock,i think not only you have received the waitlist email,i can't beleive that some people could not buy for a couple of months and then give up ,at least,sideshow will not hold the item for customer for a couple of months without payment.

Blizzard1
10-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Hey AlaskanStar. I would check your PF out very carefully when you receive it. I, like you, was very excited to see my wait list PF Vader get activated into a real order. The result has been very disappointing.

I was a bit concerned that it has been so long since the Vader sold out so I called Sideshow to make sure this PF was not a returned item. Plus I was kind of curious how they would have extras when this is a limited number item. I was told by the representative that my PF Vader would be a brand new factory fresh Vader. I also asked how mine became available now after nearly a year of being sold out. The response given was that if they get a return for whatever reason, they request their supplier in China make a brand new product. They destroy the returned item noting its edition number. When they receive their allotment of newly created items from the factory, they assign these the numbers of the destroyed product. That seemed fair to me and keeps the integrity of the edition size. The only other way they get extra stock is if a third party dealer returns their stock directly back to sideshow.

So, I was all excited about getting this PF Vader. The first thing that I noticed that was odd is that the packaging box did not have the name of the figure on it as is standard with sideshow. At the time I thought nothing of this. After getting the PF Vader box out of the shipping box, I noticed a second anomaly. As you may or may not know, the PF packaging includes the box the item is in with a removable sleeve. The sleeve has all the nice pictures of the PF Vader and movie scenes with text. Well in my case the sleeve was upside down. That is to say the bottom of the box where the edition number is was on top. Again, I thought this was odd but who knows maybe this was just a screw up. Next I take the sleeve off so that I could open up the box Vader is in. The first thing I notice is that the sticker seals have been sliced. This was a big warning sign. Obviously this had been opened before. Next I remove the Styrofoam packaging and noticed the tape holding each half of the Styrofoam shell together has been cut and retaped. It was pretty obvious with two different types and colors of tapes. So I open this up with some degree of concern only to find white sticker residue on Vaderís hand. In addition, there was a small square sticker residue spot on his leg. Both of these looked very similar to sticker residue on vintage carded figures if you know what I mean. I could probably get all the residue of his hand but the residue on his leg stained the leather. At this point I was very disgusted but I went on to check out the base to ensure that it was the correct number. It was the same number as written on the box but there was an obvious scratch across the bottom. In addition, you could see scuffing on the glossy top where Vader stands. The scuffing was oddly enough in the shape of his boots. It looks as if this Vader has stood on this stand before.

Moral of the story, my wait list PF Vader is an obvious return that sideshow put back out. I called sideshow to complain and return the item. The lady that answered could not help me and said that they are backed up right now and that someone from their returns department will contact me within 4 to 5 business days to give me a prepaid return label. What really concerns me is that I want a brand spanking new PF Vader. Iím not sure if they will be able to do that now. In addition, they canít return my money until they receive this Vader back. That makes sense but now I have roughly $365 on my card that I am paying interest on that may not be credited back until after my statement cycles. Overall, itís been a disappointing process. I for one donít trust their wait list policy now. Hopefully you will have a different story.

CaptainCargo
10-20-2006, 12:24 PM
I'm curious has this happened to anyone else? I wonder if I should be wary of SS's waitlist?

Ed_N
10-20-2006, 06:25 PM
I can say from my experience that two wait-list orders came through for me. General Grev Ex and Leia Ex.

Blizzard1
10-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Here is an update to my earlier post. I did receive my return confirmation and shipping label. I spoke with the lady in the returns department as well. She said that sideshow does inspect returned product and sends it back out if it passes inspection. In my case she said that sometimes their return stock gets mixed up. Anyway, they have another for me and will ship it out as soon as they receive the one I have back in their warehouse. She did not say the one I am getting as a replacement is brand new but that it would be inspected before its mailed to me. I'll keep you guys updated with whatever happens.

Blizzard1
11-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Just an update to my situation. Sideshow received my PF Vader return and is in the process of sending me a new one. I'm really anxious to get him and will let you know how it goes.

posterboykelly
11-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Sounds good dude! I scored a reg. version recently, hope to get it soon. I wouldv'e done the ol' wait list but didn't think a mouse droid was worth the extra cash, I really wish he had a better exclusive. Like dead Obi Wans cloak post-duel.

posterboykelly
11-14-2006, 10:03 PM
So I just got mine in and dropped it like a dope, and busted off a tusk from the mask, anytips on how to make a new one? Any custom lords wanna do it for me for cash?

Mr_Vader
11-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Thats sucks man, anyway to glue it back on? Maybe a toothpick and two-part epoxy?

posterboykelly
11-15-2006, 01:28 AM
No the tusk went flying and I don't know where it went. I need a new one made. I might try some clay, I don't know, if anyone knows anything that will dry good with out being brittle and can be painted easily, lmk!

D. Martin
11-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Well dude, you know it's in your house. Seriously, get a swiffer broom. You'll find it.

posterboykelly
11-15-2006, 07:38 PM
I know, but the house is under restorations so there's all sorts of debris. I honestly think I'm f'd on this and will need to make a new one.

Blizzard1
11-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Just an update to my situation. Sideshow received my PF Vader return and is in the process of sending me a new one. I'm really anxious to get him and will let you know how it goes.

I got my replacement PF Vader in the mail last week. Everything was ok with this one. Needless to say, I am pleased that everything worked out even if there was a delay.

AmanaMatt
12-31-2006, 01:35 AM
Of all the pieces in my collection, Sideshow's PF Excl. Vader is at the very top. He rocks! I got him via the waitlist, as I did want that exclusive mouse droid...would not trade for the world. The PF Obi-Wan makes one helluva companion piece too!

posterboykelly
12-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Of all the pieces in my collection, Sideshow's PF Excl. Vader is at the very top. He rocks! I got him via the waitlist, as I did want that exclusive mouse droid...would not trade for the world. The PF Obi-Wan makes one helluva companion piece too!

Did you get it off Waitlist recently or way back? Just curious if they're even pumping this guy out on the Waitlist anymore.