PDA

View Full Version : Does this sounds like a serious Internet shop

Jediman
09-20-2006, 05:49 AM
HI All

I just did experience e strange behaviour from a seller that have a big shop on the internet.
Well i told the seller that i wanted to buy 4 moc figures that he had and i asked him to give me a detailed description of the condition since the pictures on the site was to bad, well i got no reply from the seller so i sent another mail and another, well today i told myself i buy them anyway since the seller has not responded so i enterd the site and all the 4 figures i asked to but the seller change the price and put it up on over $50-100 for each figure.
I must say i find this very strange and it shows me that the seller can not really be trusted. This is the first time i seen a seller done like this. To me this kind of stuff is a red light and a warning!
What do you think of this? Take in minfd that the seller never replyed to my mails but last mail i got from him he told me that i should send the list of the figures i wanted and he give me a description... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

JohnnyD
09-20-2006, 06:11 AM
Could you tell us who it was? Otherwise the warning doesn't really help http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Jediman
09-20-2006, 06:44 AM
I was not sure to post it here or in the vintage toy section, I just wanted to know what others think about this actions, putting the name on the seller will maybe make some posters take side of the seller just beacuse they know him.

schmugglers
09-20-2006, 07:08 AM
The seller is member here?

Leif_G
09-20-2006, 09:56 AM
With so little info it's hard to say exactly what the seller was doing. For instance it may be possible that he knew his site was way out of date and when you inquired about those 4 pieces the seller may have gone and updated them with his current pricing.

For instance, as most people probably know, the Cloud City Collectibles website is way out of date. I bought the exact piece from them that I linked to below. But by the time I bought it the price had gone up by $75. The higher price I paid for it was more in line with similar pieces that have sold for here. The advertised price was simply outdated.

http://www.cloudcity.com/POTF_AT-ST_Driver_AFA_85.html

Now, I'm not saying this was the case with your situation... but again, it's hard to know with so little info.

The fact that they don't seem to be getting back to you with an email is not good. But then again how long has it been since that email should have come to you? Are we talking a matter of hours or a day or two? Do you know if the seller may have had a serious situation that has distracted them from getting back to you (sickness, death in family, etc)? Are you 100% positive that an email wasn't sent. I work in IT so I know for a fact that no one can 100% guarantee that. Email is lost, delayed, and blocked all the time.

So perhaps it was wise not to reveal the identity of the seller you are accusing until you are more certain of the exact circumstances.

kyussa
09-20-2006, 11:10 PM
If a seller doesn't respond to my first email, I usually give it a day or two, try him/her again and if I get no response I pass completely on the auction. Just a general rule of thumb for me and saves me the hassle of a deal gone bad, which is what it will more than likely turn into if you proceed. Obviously, this doesn't hold true all of the time, but it works for me.

If a seller can't anwser a question from a potential buyer, then in my opinion, they've got something to hide.

Leif_G
09-21-2006, 07:57 AM
If a seller doesn't respond to my first email, I usually give it a day or two, try him/her again and if I get no response I pass completely on the auction. Just a general rule of thumb for me and saves me the hassle of a deal gone bad, which is what it will more than likely turn into if you proceed. Obviously, this doesn't hold true all of the time, but it works for me.

If a seller can't anwser a question from a potential buyer, then in my opinion, they've got something to hide.

Yeah that's a good idea. I do the same thing since I usually email to ask about potential shipping expenses. If they aren't helpful before the sale, they won't likely become more cooperative after they've made the sale.