PDA

View Full Version : auction to watch out for on ebay

mrc_collectibles
09-16-2006, 07:27 PM
hi, just wanted to warn a few collectors that may be watching this auction (170030157271) I bought this auction a while back and just waiting for my refund to go through as its pending with paypal. i sent every figure back as mostly all of them are grossly misrepresented in the grading and the flaws they have. there are about 5 or 6 figures with paper tears on them, 3 or 4 with cracked bubbles and some they say are small and they are not, you could almost pull figures out of some of them. lots of creases and bent corners, ink touch up's on a few as well and more. definently not worth the price i paid or the price they are asking for them. there are realistically about 6-8 figures out of the 37 that the grades they put are close to. i would say the whole lot is about on average C-7 condition, with all of them averaged together that is, some are worse than others of coarse. I also think that they are boosting the grades to make a quick sale and i felt like they were very dishonest with the descriptions and vague also. they did not list the most important flaws on most of them and the ones with price tag residue is mostly price tag removal damage. now that they relisted the auction they did come down on a few grades on some of the figures as i told them what i thought they graded as to the grades they put on the original auction and i think they lowered them due to that, but i think they are still graded too high for the conditions they are in. so with all that said please be careful bidding and ask them some questions to see if you get the answers that i never did. i took a chance and thank god i got my money back. take care

mrc_collectibles
09-17-2006, 09:37 AM
i also noticed on their new auction that they have made the bidders private so i cant say anything to them on the conditions or warn them. seems really sneaky and dishonest to me. i see they got bids already on it, well whoever wins the auction will be very disappointed with them.

mrc_collectibles
09-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Well i feel really bad for the person who wins this auction. the figures are not the condition they are stating and will be super dissappointed in these figures. i can't believe no one has responded to this warning and the bidding keeps going up and up on the auction. well i guess its their loss and not mine anymore. i finally got my refund back for the auction. they said they did an instant transfer for the refund and they lied once again as it took just about a week to get my refund and they did it by echeck not instant transfer. so again they prove to be dishonest. so again i wish the winner good luck as i think they will probably be returning them as i did once they look them over. bye

sotoam
09-21-2006, 11:40 AM
I was watching that auction. I'm glad you mentioned it. There's not much else you could have done since the seller made the bidding list private. You at least wanred us here though. Thanks.

JohnnyD
09-21-2006, 06:12 PM
i can't believe no one has responded to this warning and the bidding keeps going up and up on the auction.

I think a lot of people took note of the warning and like me took a look at the auction.But it's so far out of many people's price range anyway that we wouldn't have bid.The high price however does make your warning all the more important though so it's very much appreciated.

mrc_collectibles
09-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi, thanks for both replies guys. i just got home and saw that they ended the auction and that it is no longer available. i wonder if they made a deal and sold them or maybe they got alot of questions about the conditions and how accurate they are with them? i dont know?? anyways i hope if someone won it that they are not stuck with them. that is what i was worried about. i chose not to leave feedback for the auction because i know if i left a negative due to their deception in the conditions and cranking up the grades on them that i would get one in return, not worth it to me. anyways take care all.

Superdan
09-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Hey Matt,

Thanks for posting that info. A friend phoned me the other day to ask if I thought it was a good buy. I'm glad I recommended that he take a step back for a day or 2 (based on the fact that the auction had already been up for a good while, which always makes one wonder). Even though the auction is no longer running, I'll be sure to let my buddy know how this seller does business.

And while we're on the subject of deceptive descriptions, I just need to say that the number of people trying to pass of sticker tears as 'residue' is straight up ridiculous...
Do these people think that we're not even going to glance at the card when it gets here? Far out http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

OK, rant completed. Happy Dan is back again http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mrc_collectibles
09-22-2006, 09:19 AM
nice one dan, but you hit the nail on the head. there were about 5-6 carded figures in that lot that they said had sticker residue and they all paper tears in those spots, so that really got me upset if you know what i mean. so anyways i over it now and got all my refund back except fot eh $66.00 it cost me to return tham all, which i know i wont get back after the nasty email i got from them. this seller does not sell star wars collectibles anyways, they sell like dishes or plates or something. i was looking at their other auctions and none of them were star wars. so i think they were trying to make a quick buck and made the condition alot better than they are, and they are not. the rotj vader they said was a c-10 condition had sticker residue and a bend lowere left corner, spider crease ont he back. and they said C-10. i guess some people just dont know what they are talking about, take care