PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE DELETE

swspiffy
09-13-2006, 03:36 AM
Hey guys,

just thought this might interest some people. On craigslist there's a family out in Corona with a HUGE!!! amount of figures and other stuff. They're moving and are having a garage sale but are offering first dibs. Here's the link

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/clt/206066166.html

I see OTC, AOTC (Gold I think!), POTF... probably have WAY more. They say there's over 25000 pieces... dunno how true that is, but hey, its a lot...

But if anyone's headed that way, let me know if you'd buy some stuff possibly if they have it and I'll pay you back.

spitty
09-13-2006, 12:31 PM
anyone interested in going????

swspiffy
09-13-2006, 12:54 PM
I called and emailed them, but haven't gotten a reply back. I may go if they can give me some good prices

OOM9
09-13-2006, 09:58 PM
i'm thinking about checking this out!

swspiffy
09-14-2006, 03:16 AM
Hey guys, alright so I went. Good news and bad news.

Bad news is: Most of his stuff is already gone...
Good news is: there is a LOT of OTC left!

Here's my summary of what's left there
Unleashed: Luke ESB, Tusken, Bossk - I think he's asking 20 a piece
OTC 12" - Stormtrooper and Boba Fett - He's asking 30 (He's totally in love with stormtroopers, sandtroopers, and snowtroopers, and Boba - so he charges more for those)
He's got a lot of AOTC Saga, OTC, and POTF. And a lot of VOTC but he's charging 20 a piece... there are stormtroopers though!

Personally I picked up a lot of Saga Gold. If anyone wants some let me know what you want and I'll see if I picked any of that one up (no.. no coleman trebors..) List to come if you want some off me... lmk...

Oh, and if you go... tell em Brett sent you... I may go back and he might give me a price break on other stuff http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Post if you've got questions... I'll see if I can answer em

FalconClones
09-14-2006, 10:26 AM
I was the one there at the same time you were, nice meetin ya!! yeah I picked up a stack of OTC figures only, it was all I could afford. Got about 18 figures I think for $4.00 each, great deal!! And thanks for posting that yesterday. I was able to get the later series OTC like Jawa, Greedo and Tusken Raider. Also snagged a few Stormtroopers and Snowtrooers along with the Tie Pilots and Vaders. He had about 5 to 6 of each figure, just a ton of OTC. There was plenty left when I was done, and I mean plenty.

swspiffy
09-14-2006, 11:48 AM
nice meetin ya too! He was charging me about 5 per OTC... he's really attached to em, but whatever.

FalconClones
09-14-2006, 12:46 PM
yeah he is attached to them. He kept telling me not to show him the figures I got cause he couldn't handle it, HA! That's why I don't understand why people sell off their entire collections, at least keep the stuff you like, there is no reason to dump it all if you still like it that much. I shave stuff off my collection all the time and kinda weed out what I don't want anymore.

spitty
09-14-2006, 01:31 PM
wow--great report guys.

so the VOTC stormies are going for 20 dollars a piece? is it cheaper if its loose? I still dont understand why the VOTC stormies are 20 and the saga sandies are less than 7.00--they are essentially the same figure.

swspiffy
09-14-2006, 02:24 PM
yeah, he wanted those for 20. You could probably get loose votc stormies on ebay for cheaper... but if you bought em all (lukes, fetts, vaders, ben, leia, more I think) he might go cheaper.

FalconClones
09-14-2006, 02:37 PM
yeah that's what I did basically. I asked if I buy a few can you knock it down to $4.00 each, and he was cool with it. I still can't believe how many OTC figures he had, I never even saw that many in the stores during the entire run of that series!!

spitty
09-14-2006, 05:31 PM
maybe we can ban together--buy one large lot by combining all our orders together to get a discounted price. If the VOTC stormies are down to 4 dollars a piece--I'd buy 5-10.

get anyone willing to participate's order and combine go get a discount.

what say you?

swspiffy
09-15-2006, 02:55 AM
Well, he said he was looking for maybe 2400-2500 for everything left.

i took around 400 worth home... so... I'm up for it, but I'll be unable to go out there... I can probably be a financier if enough people chip in. How would we divy up the figs though?

spitty
09-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Well, he said he was looking for maybe 2400-2500 for everything left.

i took around 400 worth home... so... I'm up for it, but I'll be unable to go out there... I can probably be a financier if enough people chip in. How would we divy up the figs though?

400 DOLLARS hahahha--damn thats a lot. Oh, my idea wasnt buying the whole lot for 2500 and they splitting it up. I was hoping if I placed an order, you placed an order, someone else placed an order, etc of our wants--the seller may give us a discount. But by the sound of it--I dont think the seller will go for that idea http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

swspiffy
09-15-2006, 12:01 PM
if we amassed enough, he might

spitty
09-15-2006, 01:18 PM
well put me down for 5 votc stormies. I'd love to get other votc figures but I really dont know what figures are available, facial sculpts, or articulation. I just now saw a votc luke skywalker and obi wan kenobi--very cool and would love to buy them if the seller has them.

the only votc figure I have is a boba fett which I bought at TRU 2-3 weeks ago for $4 something. a truly lucky find at noon. it was dusty but wow--great figure--hopefully he has some votc boba fetts too.

well thats my list--add the other list from other RS and maybe we have enough to ask for a discount.

swspiffy
09-15-2006, 05:11 PM
well, he did have those... but at 20 a piece? I dunno.. even if we could work him down to 15 a piece...

spitty
09-15-2006, 10:28 PM
hhaahh-- i was hoping against all hope then http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

swspiffy
09-16-2006, 01:38 AM
all I know is... he said he had a HUGE BOX full of em and a guy bought like that whole box working him down to 13. But I know this is like... maybe 10% of what he had?

swspiffy
09-16-2006, 04:02 AM
Oh hey guys... so... I withdrew a lot of cash from my savings to pay for tuition... and there's some left over... yeah... you know what that means... "It's an investment!" I tell my mother. Well, whatever it means, post anything in particular you want me to look for when I go again tomorrow morning. PM me if you want. He's got VOTC, Saga Gold, Saga Blue, POTF (red, green, Freeze frame), OTC, storm and boba 12" otc, bossk, luke pilot, and tusken unleashed and a bit more I think. K, lemme know before I go... hopefully round 10.

swspiffy
09-16-2006, 11:43 AM
NEVERMIND! He sold everything to someone a few days ago... <sniff>

swspiffy
10-03-2006, 01:08 PM
K, so Adam, the guy with that HUGE lot informed me that what he sold was really on hold and that the guy dropped out (and left his 200 buck deposit... dunno must be really loaded). Anyways, he told me that its all still available and he wants 1200 for the lot. Here's what I can remember was there:
3 Unleashed
2 OTC 12
1 Cantina Scene (w/ wuher I think)
Geonosian War Room Set
Jedi Council OTC set
Lots of SAGA Blue
Many SAGA Gold
Many OTC
Many POTF
Millenium Falcon Crew OTC
X-Wing vs TIE Fighter OTC
Probably 15-20 VOTC

So anyways, I don't have 1200 lying around. I'm going to try to get an exact count of figures. I ran some random calculations and at 4 bucks a figure, he should have a total of 180 figures left. I dunno, based on the specifics, that I do remember, how much would you calculate it to be. If anyone wants to try to joint venture, let me know.

Thanks,
brett

spitty
10-03-2006, 02:40 PM
He has the saga gold--I would love to buy the saga '02 VOTC black tie fighter pilot.

swspiffy
10-03-2006, 02:52 PM
VOTC black tie pilot? wait... do you mean AOTC?

spitty
10-03-2006, 08:33 PM
VOTC black tie pilot? wait... do you mean AOTC?

sorry, I get confused of the names of figures pre ROTS.

its this one:

http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0414tiepilot.asp

swspiffy
10-03-2006, 08:53 PM
I can't remember if he has more of those, he might. But I'm still not sure if I could foot that entire bill myself. I suppose I could and try to ebay stuff off to get my money back (there are a lot of dupes), but I'd rather get some help from local scummers.

spitty
10-03-2006, 09:11 PM
I can't remember if he has more of those, he might. But I'm still not sure if I could foot that entire bill myself. I suppose I could and try to ebay stuff off to get my money back (there are a lot of dupes), but I'd rather get some help from local scummers.

yeah--I hear ya--that's a lot of money for one person to bear. I'd also love to buy a couple of dutch vander (gold leader-saga - battle over tantive).

Personally--you buying the lot and trying to sell on ebay seems a lot of work and trouble.

hopefully more local scummers can participate--a group buy.

swspiffy
10-04-2006, 01:52 AM
hmmm... I'm pretty sure I didn't see the gold leader... I think I got the last one the first time I went and I already traded it haha. I don't mind putting it up on ebay, but I'd rather get scummers to help out .

C'mon people!

ShadowTrooper
10-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Sorry, but I've got my hands full with 9 puppies, and another litter on the way next week.

swspiffy
10-05-2006, 03:45 PM
No problem, I understand. Anyone else interested in helping out? I can pick it all up myself, but just need backers

swspiffy
10-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Ok, so I guess I can just get some of it... or maybe all of it and try to make it back on ebay. Last Chance for anyone to join in a big lot purchase. Please let me know

swspiffy
10-10-2006, 03:29 AM
gone