PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for "suebecher" on ebay

Shawn_Byrne
09-05-2006, 04:37 PM
All,

Just a note of reference for anyone who is bidding on auctions from "suebecher" on ebay. They are trying to charge very high prices for shipping. I won a landspeeder from them today, and they sent me an invoice for $18.00 in shipping charges for a LANDSPEEDER!! I mean come on! So, just expect to see over the top shipping charges from them if you win anything.

kyussa
09-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks Shawn,
I was looking at their b-wing, but may give it a miss due to exorbitant shipping. If it's costing you this much from within the states, imagine their shipping cost to Australia for me!

faith4ever
09-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Well, in looking at their items, they did have the shipping charges (or at least do now) listed as part of their listings noting rather exorbitant figures.
It's a pretty safe bet you're paying "handling" charges as well as every penny of every fee they're charged on both eBay and Paypal. Sellers aren't supposed to gouge you for fees, but it happens prolifically and eBay does absolutely nothing to stop it.

I generally take the shipping costs into consideration as well in determining whether an item is worth it to me or not to buy at that price.

Insofar as this seller, perhaps you could write them inquiring as to the way-out cost to see what kind of insight they give you.

ThorOakenfelder
09-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Wow, is that overnight shipping? or did they just fill the box with rocks when they weighed it?

Shawn_Byrne
09-07-2006, 04:19 PM
My guess is some rather exorbitant "handling" fees which is a bunch of crap. Suffice it to say, I would rather take the negative than give them the satisfaction of paying that ridiculous shipping fee. I have a feeling they will not be selling anything, or if they do, it will go very cheap.

red5tk421
09-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Hi

I dealt with this guy and he is totally on the up and up. Just email him and let him know the shipping is too high and I am sure he will work with you. He is an older gentleman that is new to ebay and the internet so he is going thorgh a trail and error process.

Charlie

faith4ever
09-10-2006, 11:58 PM
Did he work with you and reduce the shipping to a reasonable amount? If so, how much "convincing" did it take?

red5tk421
09-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Not much convincing at all. I just told him what shipping cost and if it was more I would then pay it after I received the item.

Charlie