PDA

View Full Version : How do you part with your collection?

Qrest_fourstar
08-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Ok, here's the deal. Bills are eating me up! my LOGICAL mind tells me I should sell off my spare(unopened) figures.

UNFORTUNATELY, my SW fan mind says: No! Not your Babies! You CAN'T Sell any of it!

How do I come to grips with the 2 sides of my persona?

Hashmanatma
08-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Figure out another way to pay your bills other than selling off your Star Wars stuff.

JediDave37
08-28-2006, 09:39 AM
That is a tough call, my friend. The only way I can justify selling my Star Wars items is if I am trying to buy some other HIGH END Star Wars piece for my collection. I can sacrifice some of my items knowing that I will replace with something bigger and better.

As for the bills, you have to do what you have to do. Try working a part time job to make ends meet or sell something else that is not as sentimental. Good luck, friend!

dave
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jalthe1andonly
08-28-2006, 11:54 AM
I feel your pain there! I have been collecting for over twenty years and my space is all but gone, to say nothing of finances. I will never stop collecting completely but due to all the high-dollar stuff thats come around in the last year or so, i am having to make some sobering choices as to what i will continue to buy. Gentle Giant and Sideshow are a must. Unfortunately, those two alone eat up a LOT of money. That only leaves Hasbro to get filed down. I still want to keep getting all of the single carded figures though. So far, i have just been choosy as to what Hasbro stuff i get. Something will have to give though soon as i am planning on getting a new house and i need to save money. Its very hard to decide what not to get since for the last twenty years i got everything without giving it a second thought. It really is a form of addiction just like smoking. I guess it comes down to willpower. They need to make a book called "How to Quit Your Star Wars Collecting Addiction." I don't have any of my stuff insured though and i've always said that if there was a fire or tornado, that would be the end of my collecting since there's no way i could replace it all. I hope you find a way to continue your collection or find some kind of peace of mind when cutting back. Just remember, you can't take it with you when you die. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif