PDA

View Full Version : SSC General Grievous Exclusive Defect

RJT
08-25-2006, 06:40 PM
I've recently contacted SSC regarding a possible defect in the arms design for the Exclusive General Grevious. It appears that when you position his cape over the shoulders of the rear arms (like in the pictures) it caused stress on the statue's rear arms causing it to break. I've learned first hand. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm still waiting for SSC to get back to me on a replacement arm.

Amir
08-25-2006, 06:46 PM

TA2215
08-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Wow, that is really news to me!, SS is a great company and they have the best CS so I know they will get back to you with a replacement.
Did the arms break or is the joint with the shoulders?

maul67
08-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Has anyone else had this problem? This is concerning.

Jack_Victory
08-26-2006, 10:09 AM
I have the exclusive, and have not encountered any problems at all... Sorry to hear of your troubles, I couldn't bear to see anything happen to mine as I LOVE this piece. Hopefully, you will get a resolution soon. Good luck!

Boba162
08-28-2006, 07:17 AM
No problems with mine, but I did notice that the cape did seem to weigh down the shoulder "pads." The "pads" don't seem that solid (they move pretty easily) and I can see how the extra weight of the cape might cause a break. Good luck.

Andy
08-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Yes, perhaps the best, safest method of display would be to pull the cape in toward the neck a bit, so they are off the shoulder pads.

colter
10-25-2006, 06:06 AM
I have the cape on the pads and have not encountered any problems. Sorry to hear it.

Lord_Chabelo
10-25-2006, 09:59 AM
In my case, the arms dind't break, but the stress has made an arm rotate slightly backwards. Sideshow tried to correct the issue for months, but they finaly got tired of sending me broken replacements (those arms are very fragile and out of the 3 replacements I recieved all three arrived broken) and said I could get a partial refund or return it for a full refund. I chose the partial refund and I now use a very tiny piece of paper wedged between the torso peg and the arm hole and that helps redude the stress.
On the plus side, all those broken arms I recieved allowed me to obtain extra lightsaber hilts that Grievous now carries inside his cape.

colter
10-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Thats cool at least...I wished he had some hilts inside the cape.

amdevil
10-25-2006, 01:48 PM
In my case, the arms dind't break, but the stress has made an arm rotate slightly backwards. Sideshow tried to correct the issue for months, but they finaly got tired of sending me broken replacements (those arms are very fragile and out of the 3 replacements I recieved all three arrived broken) and said I could get a partial refund or return it for a full refund. I chose the partial refund and I now use a very tiny piece of paper wedged between the torso peg and the arm hole and that helps redude the stress.
On the plus side, all those broken arms I recieved allowed me to obtain extra lightsaber hilts that Grievous now carries inside his cape.

any pics?

Revanmandowar
10-25-2006, 01:58 PM
I had the same issue. My arm actually fell off the torso and broke because of the weight of the cape. Sideshow kept sending broken arms as well. I have taken the partial refund as well and now I am going to try and super glue the arm back on. Great piece but serious desing flaws. The pin and arm hole for my left arm do not connect. The arm just falls off. Any suggestions on what kind of super glue I should use?

Lord_Chabelo
10-25-2006, 02:34 PM

any pics?

Of what? The rotating arm? The little piece of paper? The lightsaber hilts in the cape?

I don't have any pics right now but I can snap a few

D. Martin
10-26-2006, 02:09 AM
We're working on streamlining the multiple threads on the same topic. Please continue this discussion here (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=13&Number=1876802&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=12&vc=1).