PDA

View Full Version : E-Gold? Gold-Ex?

LandoFrychickien
08-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Hello all, has anyone been getting strange emails from a site called e-gold resembling this... If so? can anyone enlighten me on who and what the heck this phishing scam is?

Hello!
As we agreed, i have changed bank wire transfer to your e-gold account and place you e-mail in memo field "My home email address" Please look and confirm transaction. I have transferred $2000 to your e-gold account through the exchanger "link removed for your safety"
The scanned screen is attached to the letter. Please, confirm reception of my payment by mail or fax which I have specified in the previous letter.
Best regards,
Karen Mclaughlin

faith4ever
08-21-2006, 08:20 PM
This is a new one - but then just changed email addresses so my spam count is at an all-time low right now.

Unless you actually know a Karen McLaughlin and have an account on this "e-gold", it could be some elaborate scam to get your bank account #.

kyussa
08-22-2006, 06:23 AM
sounds like the standard 'provide your bank account details so we can pay you a commission for helping us process xxxx amount of money' scam, just with a bit of a twist. Don't be sucked in by it!

Leif_G
08-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Hello all, has anyone been getting strange emails from a site called e-gold resembling this... If so? can anyone enlighten me on who and what the heck this phishing scam is?

I think you answered your own question. It's likely just a phishing email that was spammed out using your ISPs mail server (bounced off the server).

Btw... if you use Outlook or Outlook express you can filter out any further emails that contain the same subject or are from the same sender. You can have them deleted automatically. Google 'mail rules outlook' for info.

LandoFrychickien
08-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Good Advice, I'll add them to junk senders list. Thanks all.