PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Attakus on the web

amdevil
08-20-2006, 03:55 PM
i am thinking of buying my first attakus statue but i want to find the best prices. besides ebay, are there any online sellers that have good prices on these great statues? and what is the best attukus to buy first? (sice they dont make a biker scout yet)

DarthPotts1975
08-20-2006, 04:39 PM
nsidecollectibles or razorsedge have all the upcoming and even some of the older statues for sale for simular prices. even though you said not ebay thats going to be where your best prices are. if you click on my collection pics below you will see all of my many attakus pieces. all were aquired from ebay. there are som great deals to be had on these like the obi, clonetroper, han, and chewie. i would just recommend buying from reliable sellers with high and positive feedback. its going to be your cheapest way to add to your collection.

DarthPotts1975
08-20-2006, 04:44 PM
as far as recommened pieces. my favorites are jango, emperor, chewie, and of course my #1 jabba W/leia,sal crumb,and pipe.

attakus takes alot of shots in these forums but i have always said they are the finest SW collectibles. let us know wich you choose for your 1st statue

ambasah
08-20-2006, 09:28 PM
I agree, ebay all the way. I've purchased most of mine that way. You can also sometimes get a good deal from fellow scummers.

Boba162
08-21-2006, 07:42 AM
attakus takes alot of shots in these forums but i have always said they are the finest SW collectibles.

Not to stir the hive here, but I'm just curious as to what you mean. I've seen pics of the Attakus pieces, and as with most statues and collectibles by any manufacturer, I haven't been blown away by the human likenesses. On the other hand, it seems you can't go wrong with Vader, Boba, and other "costumed" characters, whether it's Attakus/GG/SS, IMHO.

I was just curious about what some of these "shots" at Attakus might be because, being a big Hoth fan, I was thinking of pulling the trigger on my first Attakus, the Probe Droid statue. I'd appreciate any comments or heads-up from those of you already into the Attakus line.

amdevil
08-21-2006, 09:25 AM
thanks for the help. i think i am still torn between the clone trooper and wicket. i like them both for various reasons and i have found good deals on both. any thoughts?

DarthMatrix
08-21-2006, 09:31 AM
attakus takes alot of shots in these forums but i have always said they are the finest SW collectibles.

Not to stir the hive here, but I'm just curious as to what you mean. I've seen pics of the Attakus pieces, and as with most statues and collectibles by any manufacturer, I haven't been blown away by the human likenesses. On the other hand, it seems you can't go wrong with Vader, Boba, and other "costumed" characters, whether it's Attakus/GG/SS, IMHO.

I was just curious about what some of these "shots" at Attakus might be because, being a big Hoth fan, I was thinking of pulling the trigger on my first Attakus, the Probe Droid statue. I'd appreciate any comments or heads-up from those of you already into the Attakus line.

They dont do human faces too well JMO thou

madchimp
08-21-2006, 11:45 AM
I have the Wicket---through nside actually, and it is simply an amazing piece!! Untouchable from anything else I have seen produced to date.

I will agree---the human likenesses are not all that great, but the alien/costumed characters are amazing.

amdevil
08-21-2006, 12:19 PM
is wicket better then the clone?

ump
08-21-2006, 12:21 PM
i am thinking of buying my first attakus statue but i want to find the best prices. besides ebay, are there any online sellers that have good prices on these great statues? and what is the best attukus to buy first? (sice they dont make a biker scout yet)

ebay,you can get the attakus items at good price!wicket,grievous,jango,clone trooper,both vader's ,both yoda's,maul,emperor ....etc...all look great!
i will buy the gamorrean guard and bib fortuna,and luke jedi too!
more pictures:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=33982

ump
08-21-2006, 12:23 PM
is wicket better then the clone?

both look great!!

TA2215
08-21-2006, 01:06 PM
I am a big Attakus fan of ALL their lines (I even quit GG 1/6 statues for them), and as many people had mentioned here already eBay is the place where you going to find great deals, just be careful to pay insurance and try to make the seller to pack the statue really well.
For all the new statues I go to Mike at Razorsedge, I had bought a lot of Attakus from him and I have never have any issues, he even took extra care on packing the Grievous to make sure it arrived safely.
If you are into the Original trilogy, I will recommend you to go for Jabba, Vader 1 or Boba (Big $$$, I know), Bib Fortune is also great or wait for the Tie Pilot, Probe Droid or Sandtrooper that are coming very soon. If you want to go for the New Trilogy then you can get the Clone pretty easily now on eBay.

jalthe1andonly
08-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Entertainment Earth has a bunch of Attakus statues in their blow-out sale. You can get Han and Chewie for what the Chewie would normally cost. I was veryyy tempted. They also had Padme', and a few others. I already have Vader, Fett, and Maul. I wouldn't mind having a couple Stormtoopers and the Emperor though.

TA2215
08-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Great call! but I think EE is out of most of them already but the Clone. Very good price indeed!

MaxWedge
08-22-2006, 02:06 AM
nsidecollectibles or razorsedge have all the upcoming and even some of the older statues for sale for simular prices. even though you said not ebay thats going to be where your best prices are. if you click on my collection pics below you will see all of my many attakus pieces. all were aquired from ebay. there are som great deals to be had on these like the obi, clonetroper, han, and chewie. i would just recommend buying from reliable sellers with high and positive feedback. its going to be your cheapest way to add to your collection.

I looked at eBay today for Attakus, couldn't believe this auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230020200563&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1) that ended tonight. Almost $1300 retail for Slave Leia and Jabba, sold for $132.50, by a seller with zero feedback.

I sent a message to the seller asking for serial numbers of each piece, but got no reply, so I didn't bid. Hmmm.

ump
08-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi,MaxWedge ,This jabba is not made by Attakus,only the Leia is made by Attakus.this auction was closed at low price....about the Attakus jabba,please check the following pictures:http://www.rebelscum.com/AttakusJabba.asp

DarthPotts1975
08-22-2006, 07:37 PM

human faces are hard to do regarless. add in the fact attakus is hand sculpted rather than scanned like GG. i'll admitt the attakus luke and obi could be better. on the other hand i think the han and emperor look great.

even GG has not had the best facials on thier busts/statues. the luke on taun taun is so bad they made an alternative head w/scarf to cover it. thats why IMOP they've done all non human statues so far. i know the leia is coming. i also think it looks amazing. the pics we saw of her were prototypes. i hope the final product is just as good.

with all that being said. if you've seen my collection pics you'll now i love both GG and ATTAUKS. to me they are very different. the scale is different and one is hand scupted the other scanned.

ump
08-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Hi,DARTHPOTTS1975,your collection are Great!!!Yes,Attakus Emepror,han solo,and padme look Great!!Not all Attakus human face look bad.I love Attakus and Gentle Giant products,they made the Best star wars items!!

French_Sidious
08-24-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm a big fan of Attakus statue yet I'm quite impartial.

To my opinion, emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader I, Yoda I, Clone Trooper, Obi-Wan Kenobi, General Grievous, Royal Guard are the best.

Wicket and the Tusken Raider, especially the Tusken are amazing in their details but I don't like the characters so I will not spend top $ to get them.

Vader II is a highly detailed piece yet the pose sucks. However, the pose was a direct order from LF and it is the same pose Vader have on the DVD ESB jaquette.

Darth Maul have a flaw, ther is no holes at the ends of his lightsaber.

Luke-X-Wing looks more like Frodo, Leia slave should never been produced along with Han solo and sorry to say that Boba Fett ( because his pose sucks too ).
Jabba is great but his eyes make it not so great.

Salacious crumb is definitevely a must have for those who do not collect main characters exclusively.

I almost forgot Padmé... do yourself a favor, forget her too http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DarthMatrix
08-24-2006, 04:46 PM

human faces are hard to do regarless. add in the fact attakus is hand sculpted rather than scanned like GG. i'll admitt the attakus luke and obi could be better. on the other hand i think the han and emperor look great.

even GG has not had the best facials on thier busts/statues. the luke on taun taun is so bad they made an alternative head w/scarf to cover it. thats why IMOP they've done all non human statues so far. i know the leia is coming. i also think it looks amazing. the pics we saw of her were prototypes. i hope the final product is just as good.

with all that being said. if you've seen my collection pics you'll now i love both GG and ATTAUKS. to me they are very different. the scale is different and one is hand scupted the other scanned.

IMO SS does the faces rather well but thats JMO http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TA2215
08-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I mostly agree with French_Sidious but I love my Boba Fett. I know is not the best pose but the detail and the paint is unbelievable.
I haven't bought the clone trooper seriously because I don't really like it too much.
I haven't got any problems with the other figures because I just collect Sith, Fetts and Imperial so in conclusion I am in love with my Attakus collection.
I love they are hand made, low edition size, no variants and the best part I already have all the originals one (Vader 1, Boba, Jango, Stormtrooper, Royal Guard, Darth Maul, Emperor and Grievous)
I decided to get the Han on Carbonite to display it with my Boba and from now on I am getting the OTC only (Tie Pilot, Probe Droid and Sandtrooper).
I don't focus only on Attakus, I will be crazy to do that with the amazing offer and variety that is going on now, so I try to stay on my theme and buy dios from Gentle Giant and PF from Sideshow.
IT IS TRULY A GREAT TIME TO COLLECT HIGH END STAR WARS!!!!!

Oh Yeah, I almost forgot! get the ones you want from eBay dude and keep and eye on Razorsedge, MWC, ComicStatue.com, EE sales and TFAW!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

French_Sidious
08-24-2006, 05:38 PM
TA2215 you remind me that I forgot Jango.
So far, I think this is the best rendition of this character.
The scultp, detils and paint job are ther and he has the stance of a TRUE bounty hunter.

I'm agree with you too, there is too many high end collectibles right now to focus only on the Attakus statue or anyother company.

As for the best place, Ebay for the most part but check this forum or foreign forums but beware of the shipping cost.

Also, keep in mind that if you order from a foreign shop or online shop, ask them to remove VAT as you will have to pay the american VAT when you receive the product(s) [ well, unless you're lucky enough to not be charged ) http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DarthPotts1975
08-24-2006, 07:20 PM
the attakus jango is awsome. it can still be found for a reasonable price too.

ump
08-25-2006, 02:03 AM

Yes,Jango is awsome!

DarthMatrix
08-25-2006, 06:42 AM

Do you know anywhere specfically I'd love to get this statue