PDA

View Full Version : 501st Stormtrooper Sigh

eschuhma
07-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Oh well it was available online for a few hours before it sold out.. So if anyone can get me one I'll gladly buy one.

echoplex
07-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Try 6 minutes. They really dropped the ball on this one. It took me 2 hrs. just to get the thing in my cart and when I was finally able to check out it was already sold out.

DarthDonkeyPunch
07-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Hey guys! I just got back from Comic-Con, and I have a few extra 501st Stormtroopers. If you're interested, PM me. I'll sell them for $25.00 a piece. This is pretty reasonable considering you don't have to pay shipping, or gas-money for a drive to San Diego!

DarthDonkeyPunch
07-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks for all the PMs, guys! All my extras are spoken for now!

eschuhma
07-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Welp if anyone else knows where I can get one and not get reamed by ebay message me.

kenvader
07-29-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm also going crazy trying to find a 501st stormtrooper. Just was on e-bay and they are going for about $20 + the shipping which is usually around $7 or $8. If anyone can also help me out I'd be very thankful!

ShadowTrooper
07-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Actually, the $20 doesn't sound that bad. They were $15 at SDCC.

spitty
07-30-2006, 02:54 PM

exactly, if you bought it online at starwarstoys.com--its about the same price or slightly higher than ebay. I dont know whats the fuss about. for 15-I could get 2-3 saga sandies. the insignia is not even original, the stand and banner sucks In my opinion http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

spitty
07-30-2006, 02:54 PM

exactly, if you bought it online at starwarstoys.com--its about the same price or slightly higher than ebay. I dont know whats the fuss about. for 15-I could get 2-3 saga sandies. the insignia is not even original, the stand and banner sucks In my opinion http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ShadowTrooper
07-30-2006, 03:05 PM

Actually, if you were fortunate enough to get the 501st from Hasbro online, you'd be paying for the shipping through them. So, $20 on Ebay or elsewhere is reasonable.

Sidiously_Darth
07-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Please, do not complain about paying $20 for a figure that cost $15. I waited in line for almost an hour to get mine on preview night at CC. Not to mention you had to lug the things around and then either ship them back home or pack them on a plane. (Unless you were one of the minority that drove.)

I could understand complaining if they were $30 or more (like the over inflated price Brian's Toys would sell them) but not $20. A lot of collectors sweated in line to get these things and paying them a few extra bucks for their time and energy should not be an issue.

spitty
07-30-2006, 10:59 PM

Actually, if you were fortunate enough to get the 501st from Hasbro online, you'd be paying for the shipping through them. So, $20 on Ebay or elsewhere is reasonable.

shadow trooper,

I am agreeing with you. $20 and maybe S/H for 5-6 is very reasonable. I think the price on ebay is about the same as starwarstoys.com if you include their high S/H cost.

ShadowTrooper
07-31-2006, 05:10 PM
An online toy store just listed the 501st for $24.95, so $20 is not bad at all.