PDA

View Full Version : Attakus collectors I have a question

devo73
07-17-2006, 04:45 PM
I have seen some of the Japanese editions of the first Attakus releases selling for substantial money. What I'm a little confused about is that these Japanese runs are selling above what the standard first runs are.

Is there a reason for this?

I do know the Japanese editions were small at just 200 for most (if not all). I guess I'm confused since both editions look no different from one another, aside from the fact of the smaller number run (and one being exclusive to Japan).

Is that solely the reason for the dramatic difference in pricing?

French_Sidious
07-17-2006, 06:49 PM
As you said, here is no difference between the Worldwide edition and Japanese edition of the Attakus statues.

To me there is no reason that the Japanese version sell higher than there original counterparts.

Did you see the auctions end with bid higher than the actual ebay prices for the True ( not recast ) statues or only someone trying to sell them at an inflated price ?

The Worldwide Edition is far more appreciated than the japanese edition.
On new statues, both Worldwide and Japanse edition are from the same prodution run. It was totally different from the oldest statues ( Vader I , Boba Fett, Maul...) .

If someones is paying more $ for a japanese edition it is surely same kind of jerks who buy an Anakin Reveales mini bust twice its retail price.

devo73
07-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Sidious, I have seen seller both eBay and non-Ebay listing the Japanese for higher amounts. I know I was baffled considering I never knew there to be a difference. Maybe the 200 edition run is used as a selling ploy?

I recently looked into a buying a Boba Fett and this was what caught my attention on price differences.

DarthPotts1975
07-17-2006, 08:55 PM
the jap. version has the same value or maybe just a little less.