PDA

View Full Version : Shady Luke Stormtrooper on ebay...

Blight
06-27-2006, 11:10 PM
I was sincerely interested in this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Star-Wars-Last-17-LUKE-STORMTROOPER-Complete_W0QQitemZ170000939995QQihZ007QQcategoryZ3 7889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) vintage luke in stormtrooper disguise figure. It looked too good to be true. It was $13 including S and H. I refreshed the figure minutes later to see it was over $40 feeling disheartened. I clicked on it again and it was back to $10. I was afraid my computer was screwing up and then I looked on another computer. It was $10. 20 minutes later it was up to $16. I clicked on a bid history. There were several "retracted bids" and the comments on the "bid retractions" were that the item was not "all original as described" or something like that. Now when I click on it it's still $10. What's the story behind this? Is it fake? Is this a scam?

Dave_T
06-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Good idea to skip this; the helmet definately looks bogus, and without even looking at the details on the blaster, it should be solid black, not blue.

Edit: I think another reason that it's not getting many bids is that it's listed in the wrong category.

craignwo4life
06-28-2006, 01:24 PM
The helmet definately looks wrong. As far as I can remember there should be no black marks near the eyes.

The actual figure looks good though providing none of the black has been "touched up" so it was still a bargain IMO.

SABRESEDGE
06-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Someone definately touched up that helmet. I wouldn't be suprised if they did the figure itself too.

ThorOakenfelder
06-28-2006, 03:12 PM
The shape of the helmet is wrong. the nearest I can figure someone hacked the head off of a stormtrooper.

The fact that it closed for $28 still seems a little weird. I would guess that he was trying to sell it to a specific person, or cancelled bids on anyone who questioned him about the item.

Dave_T
06-28-2006, 04:23 PM
The fact that it closed for $28 still seems a little weird. I would guess that he was trying to sell it to a specific person, or cancelled bids on anyone who questioned him about the item.

One of the cancelled bidders also had three uncancelled bids, and he eventually won. And I think that the category:

Collectibles > Science Fiction > Star Wars

...had something to do with the price as well. I've had some great finds that went under the radar in "off" categories such as that. If the figure is solid (without the accesories, obviously), I'd just consider it a decent deal from the wrong category.

Rebojazz
06-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Yea, interesting. I thought maybe he used the helmet from the POTF2 Han Solo but it's not that either.

Jedi_matt_c
06-30-2006, 09:37 AM
maybe he had someone bidding on his behalf to get the price up, and cancelled them so it didnt go to the bidder on his behalf