PDA

View Full Version : "Real" Rocket firing L Slot Boba

Lafos
06-20-2006, 06:30 AM
eBay (http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6067065753&fromMakeTrack=true)

Why does these guys not make clear (in the decription), that this is a custom figure ?

sotoam
06-20-2006, 07:40 AM
Looks like he put it in an AFA loose type case too. I think he's trying to get some poor sucker into believing it's the real thing.

dinorider
06-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Why does these guys not make clear (in the decription), that this is a custom figure ?

Because he has no intention to.

Look at the words used:
Near Mint
Real L slot
Excellent Version
Discontinued item

He wants you to believe that its the real deal, and that you're getting a bargain.

Doc5
06-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Looks like he put it in an AFA loose type case too. I think he's trying to get some poor sucker into believing it's the real thing.

Yeah, looks like it was sent to AFA, cased, but not authenticated as real.

Todd

Lafos
06-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah, looks like it was sent to AFA, cased, but not authenticated as real.

Does AFA case custom figures ? I canīt believe it ...

Jedi_Bri
06-21-2006, 02:07 AM
If a figure is rejected due to tampering or fake, AFA will still case the figure since they are keeping your submission fee regardless.

JohnnyD
06-22-2006, 10:52 PM
If a figure is rejected due to tampering or fake, AFA will still case the figure since they are keeping your submission fee regardless.

That means all you need is to make a fake sticker and it would look like a real AFA job in a pic?

Lafos
06-23-2006, 01:14 AM
That means all you need is to make a fake sticker and it would look like a real AFA job in a pic?

It seems so. And if you keep in mind that Asia is able to copy a german train, they sure will be able to copy an AFA sticker and holo. The only way to find out, if the item is a real AFA one, is to compare the AFA number code.

castlediamond
06-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Looks a certain $25 custom Fett. The guy must have paid a packet to have it authenticated at AFA, only to be returned ungraded. Do they charge 2.5 % of the value on these items.

jerseys_big_al
06-24-2006, 10:41 PM
You would have to place the fake sticker inside the case though. Not impossible. Just would take a little patience and a steady hand. As far as double checking the AFA number - someone could just get another AFA number from an identical item and use that. It would then check out when verified.

Alex

SABRESEDGE
06-25-2006, 01:14 AM
You would have to place the fake sticker inside the case though. Not impossible. Just would take a little patience and a steady hand. As far as double checking the AFA number - someone could just get another AFA number from an identical item and use that. It would then check out when verified.

Alex

I got a bad feeling somebody got an idea after reading your post. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jerseys_big_al
06-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I thought about that too after I posted. The idea just popped in my head after reading this thread so I am sure it occurred to others as well. Just imagine if someone took a Mark Poon Fett and tried that little experiment. Someone could really turn out big bucks. That could really have an effect on the integrity of AFA. It is only a matter of time before fraudulent AFA stuff really hits. What makes people sleep well at night today might not in the future. It just goes to show that nothing is fool proof.

Alex

Bryan_X
06-25-2006, 07:58 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I got a bad feeling somebody got an idea after reading your post.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about that. I'm sure that wasn't the first time that idea was thought of. It's not rocket science.... well, maybe in this case it is 'rocket fett' science... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If there's enough money in it, someone will do it.

Lafos
06-26-2006, 01:27 AM
I contacted some of the bidders and one replied as follows:

"First off I know this and your unwanted email is a security violation and I have reported this I do not need someone else to tell me my business and you will certainly being hearing from ebay for sending me a message when I know more about Stars Wars than you could ever learn so if ebay even continues to let you stay after this infration choose careful who you decide to play security with when you are nothing"

And after all someone bid 465 $ for a custom Boba ... I still canīt believe it.

dinorider
06-26-2006, 02:05 AM
I contacted some of the bidders and one replied as follows:

"First off I know this and your unwanted email is a security violation and I have reported this I do not need someone else to tell me my business and you will certainly being hearing from ebay for sending me a message when I know more about Stars Wars than you could ever learn so if ebay even continues to let you stay after this infration choose careful who you decide to play security with when you are nothing"

And after all someone bid 465 $ for a custom Boba ... I still canīt believe it.

The world is full of jerks. try to be nice, and the thanks you get? Zilch. How could he even call you a 'nothing'?

You did what you could Lafos. Let that ignorant 'I know more than you so now shuddup and P*ssoff' bidder do what he wants. This is a free world. He can go burn himself on the fake. For those of us who know that it is fake, it's irrelevant.

For these bidders it's no so much about stupidity. It's about arrogance. They live in a little vacuum where they think that they are the lords of the SW collecting universe, and refuse to hear about what the common mortal collector has to say. And arrogance, after all, leads to the darkside. Or in this case, an absolute waste of good $$$.

Bryan_X
06-26-2006, 06:00 AM
Maybe the one that replied like that was somehow 'related' to the seller....

sotoam
06-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Maybe the one that replied like that was somehow 'related' to the seller....

That was exactly what I was thinking. Might have sent a warning to a shill bidder, and he replied the way he did because you were messing up his shilling.