PDA

View Full Version : New Batch of Repros!!!!

spoons
06-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Hi all, I bought a Luke Jedi gun off ebay this week, it arrived today and I'm pretty sure its a new repro.

There is the circle on the handle and a good attempt at a bump on the barrel. The giveaways are that the barrel bump is more defined on the left side and the detailing below the sights is a bit blurry.

The colour could be off, a bit too dark grey but otherwise it is a good fake and is not featured on Armory of the Jawas.

Just thought I'd let you know.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/medium/DSC_0008.jpg

The bump on the barrel is more obvious in the flesh

Andy

edit: new photo

Yzerman
06-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Could you do the watertest on it? To see if it floats or sinks. As stated in another thread, most repros will sink and most originals will float.

spoons
06-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Could you do the watertest on it? To see if it floats or sinks. As stated in another thread, most repros will sink and most originals will float.

it floats

spoons
06-08-2006, 09:39 AM
better photos now added to the initial thread

Andy

Matt_T
06-08-2006, 10:02 AM
I can't say for sure, but it looks suspicious to me. It looks like a re-cast of an original. The features are very similar, but unfined. Althought, it could be a legit foreign release weapon - some of those were slightly different from the domestic ones.

spoons
06-08-2006, 10:12 AM
I can't say for sure, but it looks suspicious to me. It looks like a re-cast of an original. The features are very similar, but unfined.

Exactly what I thought, there is also a very messy looking break on the base of the butt which is a bit suspicious. I'm returning it to its seller today rather than take the chance it is a rare oddity.

Andy