PDA

View Full Version : Commander Cody's for sale:

WedgeWannaBe
05-26-2006, 04:49 PM
I recently acquired a few of these at a late night run to Wal-Mart and trade with other Scummers. If anyone is interested, they are up for grabs at $8.50 + shipping. Shipping should be around $5 for USPS Priority Mail in the Continental U.S.

misterbroke
05-26-2006, 05:10 PM
How is 1-2 dollars over over wal-mart's price cheap?

Ramon
05-26-2006, 05:41 PM
How is 1-2 dollars over over wal-mart's price cheap?

Ditto!

wooderson
05-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Stop fooling yourselves!!!!!!!!! He's charging us for that extra "p" in shipping. Nice try.

WedgeWannaBe
05-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Happier now? I thought $1 wasn't a big deal per what a lot of people were charging on here.

Darth_Matticus
05-26-2006, 08:42 PM
It wouldn't be a big deal, but you can't sell figures that are currently on the shelves for above retail.

Kozy
05-26-2006, 08:47 PM
jump all over a guy for trying to help some fellow scummers out with a HTF fig! why can't he ask $8.50 for it? because it's currently shipping? well, then why don't all of you just run out to your local store and pick up a Cody, and pick me up a few Scorch while you're at it.

bottom line is he's trying to help some people who haven't been able to find this fig yet and maybe getting a buck for his trouble.

don't get your panties in a bunch - if you're not interested in what he has - feel free to move along.

Darth_Matticus
05-26-2006, 08:51 PM
jump all over a guy for trying to help some fellow scummers out with a HTF fig! why can't he ask $8.50 for it? because it's currently shipping? well, then why don't all of you just run out to your local store and pick up a Cody, and pick me up a few Scorch while you're at it.

bottom line is he's trying to help some people who haven't been able to find this fig yet and maybe getting a buck for his trouble.

don't get your panties in a bunch - if you're not interested in what he has - feel free to move along.

I'm just interested in abiding by the rules and helping others do the same.

Kozy
05-26-2006, 10:16 PM

I'm just interested in abiding by the rules and helping others do the same.

understood, but you guys are treating Wedge like he's scalping here, and that's not the case.

shysty
05-26-2006, 10:21 PM
i think its ok to charge a "trip Fee" to help out with gas money, but $2 a fig more is going to look too similar to scalping. JMO

misterbroke
05-26-2006, 10:29 PM
understood, but you guys are treating Wedge like he's scalping here, and that's not the case.

It is. It's not a huge amount, but buying for retail and selling for only two dollars a figure over is still buying for retail and selling for over, which is the very definition of scalping. And then to call it cheap on top of that just says "Hey, by not ripping you off for as much as the next guy I'm doing you a favor!"

Kozy
05-26-2006, 10:50 PM
look, not to hijack this guys thread any further, but my whole point is that there are much worse things going on in the trading community right now. people stealing pops, figure swaping, etc... - it's not like he came on here and asked for $20 per Cody. I'm sure a few scummers have bought figs from Amazon or KB toys.com and they charge what, 7.99 - 8.99 plus shipping?

the main idea here is he's not trying to rip anyone off or make a profit - so what if he sells a couple Cody's at $8.50 - after tax and gas he's clearing a whopping 73 profit - i say we behead him! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

better yet - Wedge- if you want to sell these at $7.23 (price after tax) to any of these guys let me know - i'll send you $1.56 to settle the difference.

Shark018
05-26-2006, 11:13 PM
These cost me about $8 retail here after tax, I think $8.50 for a Cody is a good deal. Charging a $1 or $2 above retail for a figure is not scalping IMO, b/c it prolly cost him just that in gas to go back and forth. Now if he was charging $15, then you have a case, otherwise maybe some of the rest of you guys should go back to your local neighborhood watch

Ravenjack
05-27-2006, 12:50 AM
look, not to hijack this guys thread any further, but my whole point is that there are much worse things going on in the trading community right now. people stealing pops, figure swaping, etc... - it's not like he came on here and asked for $20 per Cody. I'm sure a few scummers have bought figs from Amazon or KB toys.com and they charge what, 7.99 - 8.99 plus shipping?

the main idea here is he's not trying to rip anyone off or make a profit - so what if he sells a couple Cody's at $8.50 - after tax and gas he's clearing a whopping 73 profit - i say we behead him! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

better yet - Wedge- if you want to sell these at $7.23 (price after tax) to any of these guys let me know - i'll send you $1.56 to settle the difference.

I agree $7.23 price after tax then you factor in gas and time and your looking at least $8-9. He went through the trouble of grabbing them and trying to help out some fellow collectors. Try to find them cheaper on ebay I wish you luck.

ScottyC
05-27-2006, 02:23 AM
Hey Guys, for Me the Cody is Costing $19.99NZD, Which equates to $12.68USD. We have a Trading Site here in NZ and People are wanting to sell Cody's and Scorch's for upwards of $40NZD which works out at $25.40USD a piece. I think what the orginal poster is doing is OK. Because he isnt selling his cody for an over inflated price! I wish i could pick up a Cody here for $8 Id be all over it!

WedgeWannaBe
05-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Thanks to everyone who's been in my corner. I've appreciated it. Darth Matt, sweet avatar!

All are still available.

Bump it on up.

Blackhole
05-27-2006, 09:32 PM
BTW, he'd be selling it on ebay if he wanted profit http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jschadt
05-28-2006, 07:42 AM
pm sent

Another_Galaxy
05-28-2006, 09:41 AM
It's not unreasonable to "inflate" the price slightly, like a buck, to cover paypal fees IMO. Why should HE lose money trying to hook some one up. If he raises his cost by a buck and accepts paypal, it's about the same as asking cost and insisting on money order. Use a 1/3 gallon of gas to get said MO, and your out another buck.

Eleyre
05-28-2006, 09:50 AM
It's not unreasonable to "inflate" the price slightly, like a buck, to cover paypal fees IMO. Why should HE lose money trying to hook some one up. If he raises his cost by a buck and accepts paypal, it's about the same as asking cost and insisting on money order.

PayPal fees on $8.50 would only come out to be around $0.25, so a buck is a little too much to charge for PayPal fees. That being said, $8.50 really isn't that much over retail. We're arguing over pennies, really.

StoneWallAdam
05-28-2006, 10:22 AM
It's not unreasonable to "inflate" the price slightly, like a buck, to cover paypal fees IMO. Why should HE lose money trying to hook some one up. If he raises his cost by a buck and accepts paypal, it's about the same as asking cost and insisting on money order.

PayPal fees on $8.50 would only come out to be around $0.25, so a buck is a little too much to charge for PayPal fees. That being said, $8.50 really isn't that much over retail. We're arguing over pennies, really.

I don't know what kind of paypal account you have but my paypal fees are $.30 plus 3% so the total paypal fee would be $.54 or so!

Here is the break down on cost for me and why $8.50 plus actually shipping is reasonable and not above retail:
Figure after tax $7.56
shipping $4.55 via priority with DC# at post office
Amount before paypal fees $12.11
Paypal fees on $12.11 is about (not exact) $.66
Grand total $12.77

If he charges $8.50 plus $4.55 for shipping then the total is $13.05 or $.28 over retail. With all the time and trouble he will go through, I say he should just take them back to the store and stop trying to help out scummers when so many of you are unthankful for what he is doing!
$.28, so much fuss over $.28!

I have seen several thread where UGH figures are being sold for well over retail on figures that are still available at stores (if only in theory).

Edit: His price is $8.50 plus $5 shipping or $13.50 which is $.73 over what my exact price would be. $.73 for tape and bubble wrap and a box and etc, etc, etc is not unreasonable to me! If I could not find a Cody at retail then I would be all over this deal in a heartbeat. Gas alone would cost a lot more than the $.73.

ShoNuff15
05-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Bottom line is, if you want a Cody really bad and your area hasn't been good for finding him: Do you want to bid on one on ebay and possibly get it cheap or possibly have to pay out the nose for it?? Or would you rather pay 2 (that's 2) dollars more than retail here for it and be guaranteed to get it with no problems (assuming the scummer you are buying from is on the level...and WedgeWannabe is most certainly on the level).

I'd gladly pay the 2 dollars if i were in desperate need of Cody. I blow two dollars every time i stop in for a Soda and a candy bar at the local gas station.

Luckily i have had no problems finding him.

dwerlin
05-28-2006, 01:45 PM
sent you a PM

Sentinel
05-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Any of these UGH?

Darth_Matticus
05-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks to everyone who's been in my corner. I've appreciated it. Darth Matt, sweet avatar!

Thanks! And... I just might be interested in one of your Codys. PM on the way!!!!

jedikatarn
05-28-2006, 06:02 PM
PM Sent http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

WedgeWannaBe
05-29-2006, 04:14 PM
OK, per all the PM's going back and forth, here's what I have so far:

jschadt
Darth Matticus
jedikatarn
dwerlin (I owe you a pic)

I will get all pics and shipping quotes out in the next hour.

WedgeWannaBe
05-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Any of these UGH?

Sorry, no.

WedgeWannaBe
06-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Darth Matticus and jschadt your packages' postage is paid for and will be picked up tomorrow by the USPS. Sorry about the delay. My boxes from USPS.com never arrived and I was forced to scrounge for acceptable packaging.

jedikatarn, you have a PM!

I have 5 more Cody's left.

Thank you to those you have purchased from me so far! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rouge66
06-04-2006, 05:25 PM
just pay the $2.00 and shut up about it man if you need it buy it or look for it yourself.