PDA

View Full Version : attakus--falcon diorama--

DarthPotts1975
05-16-2006, 06:15 PM
i would appreciate any info anybody has on this. this is a must have for me. the problem is i dont know if ill have a opportunity to get this. i live in the u.s. witch can make getting items like this almost impossible. with only 400 made. this might be a challenge to get. ive even asked big name retailers about this and even they dont think they will even be able to get one. i will be getting the MR falcon when its released, but i still want this. i checked ebay and the only listing was non U.S. and was over $3000. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif im willing to pay, but not that much.

liquidgold
05-16-2006, 11:25 PM
i think that $3000 is about the right price if i remember correctly. i was very interested in this as well, but the price is going to kill that. i know that the diorama comes in 2 pieces, so that might help spread out the overall cost, but then you also have to buy the figures which are around $50-60 dollars a piece.
i think the other big problem is going to be overseas shipping. i'm sure there is someone out there who would do it, but i bet it adds a pretty penny to the overall price.
other than an ebay auction, has anyone else seen this for sale?

Gsr0jedi
05-17-2006, 01:37 AM
I think I remember seeing this for sale at an online retailer that was based in the UK, but I don't remember which one. This piece sold for something like $2000+ to begin with. Plus it weighs something like 260 lbs. and is over 5 ft. in length; so I'm sure the shipping overseas or even in the states is gonna be a killer. Unfortunately, I'd say you'll probably have to pay at least $3000. Considering the cost and edition size, not many will probably end up being sold later on, so that could help spark a bidding war. Good luck.

Woody
05-17-2006, 06:46 AM
I've got one and I bought it from www.toy-palace.com (http://www.toy-palace.com) in Germany. It's the only place I have seen it avilable from. The price is 2400 but shipping would be very expensive to the US. It comes in 3 massive boxes and it weighs a tonne. If you do get one make sure you have someone to help to carry it and put it together.
Star Wars Shop has some of the figures so they may get the diorama too.

AlaskanStar
05-17-2006, 10:31 AM
I really wanted this piece but am not going to pay the extreme price to get it and have to buy all the figures seperately on top of that. If anything I will wait for the MR falcon and get a complete falcon for probably a bit less.

yodasan
05-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Woody - how do you like the diorama? Possibly a stupid question, since
the pix I've seen make it look amazing. My other stupid question is -
where do you put such a huge display???

Woody
05-17-2006, 12:15 PM
It's the favourite item in my collection and it is superb. It's currently on the floor in my room. I have passed on the figures though and I'm in the process of acquiring Hasbro figures for it.

I just wish that Hasbro would pass on the playset license to another company and they made things on this scale and of the same quality but from plastic. Having part of the Falcon is nice but having the whole thing would be better.

BigDumbWookiee
05-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Is Attackus still going to make the Dagobah diorama they showed proto pics of?

I'd love to own this piece...

Jrosen
05-17-2006, 08:03 PM
It's the favourite item in my collection and it is superb. It's currently on the floor in my room. I have passed on the figures though and I'm in the process of acquiring Hasbro figures for it.

I hate to sound negative, but how can you justify putting in plastic hasbro toys in this display? IMO you may be cheaping the look of one of the more impressive and valued displays.

liquidgold
05-17-2006, 09:04 PM
I know that Attakus wanted to make a limited, exclusive piece, but to me, $3000 is just way too much. I also did not know about the sheer size of this thing which also limits the way it can be displayed. i really wish they had trimmed it down a little bit to make it more affordable and a little lighter. i guess if this thing sells out, then they got exactly what they wanted, but it sucks not being able to get something like this.

Woody
05-18-2006, 07:03 AM
I've got Hasbro figures on it because I don't particulary like the look of the Attakus metal figures and, this may sound crazy and illogical considering the amount I spent on the diorama itself, I don't think they are value for money. I prefer Hasbro's figures like the VOTC Han Solo, Early Bird Chewbacca and VOTC Stormtroper over the figures Attakus have made.

Weasel27
05-18-2006, 07:49 AM
Hey Woody, do you have any pictures of the Falcon dio that you can post here? I'd love to see how it looks with the Hasbro figures in it.

Thanks!

Woody
05-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Sorry Weasel I don't have a digital camera. Too many cool Star Wars items to buy instead http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Weasel27
05-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Sorry Weasel I don't have a digital camera. Too many cool Star Wars items to buy instead http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hear ya! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif