PDA

View Full Version : Premium Format Vader question

demorathis
05-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi Guys,

I was checking out my premium vader up close with a high powered LED flashlight, when I noticed that his eyes (lenses) are different colors his right lens is a metallic glossy red and his left lens is a glossy brown -- seems as if they forgot to paint something in...

Any observavtions?

It's such a tiny detail that I didn't even realize until I looked really close with a bright light- then it was pretty obvious...

ReturnOfVader
05-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi Guys,

I was checking out my premium vader up close with a high powered LED flashlight, when I noticed that his eyes (lenses) are different colors his right lens is a metallic glossy red and his left lens is a glossy brown -- seems as if they forgot to paint something in...

Any observavtions?

It's such a tiny detail that I didn't even realize until I looked really close with a bright light- then it was pretty obvious...

I can help you with this one...

Sideshow didn't design the PF Vader to be observed up close with a high powered LED by someone looking for slight imperfections in the paint.

Enjoy the piece for what it is, flawless would have cost you twice as much.

demorathis
05-08-2006, 02:33 PM
I wasn't looking for imperfections in the paint -- I was removing dust from his face--

His eye's are literally INCOMPLETE -- one was painted in one was not -- it's like having one of those dogs with two different eye colors -- that's why one eye is sparkly and one isn't -- if it wasn't meant to looks like that, why did they even bother to paint one eye red and sparkly in the first place -- I enjoy it, but for a 300 dollar item I at least expect what was advertised...or what was intended...I spoke to the reps at sideshow and they agreed that this shouldn't have happened. So I won't just settle. Plus I only collect vaders -- if it was fett or luke or grievous I probably wouldn't care, but seeing as how this is a centerpiece type of collectible, it should should at least be of the SAME quality as all others, otherwise I'm getting ripped off -- should pay an outlet/defect price if I were to settle. If everyone settled for scuffs on the MR vaderhelms, they would not be trying to improve QC at Master Replicas... For a grand, you expect what they advertise, not a scratched up helmet that's defective or inaccurate due to the carelessness of somebody in the factory.

You should get what you pay for -- within reason and expectation. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

VadersFist5
05-08-2006, 06:01 PM
I couldn't agree more. This stuff isn't cheap! When you're paying so much for a single item, it should be darn-near perfect!

Anonymous01
05-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Yep. Although I think the Sideshow Vader has gotten a bad rap by many collectors, I couldn't agree more that matching lenses should be pretty much expected for a $350 item.

Mini_Rock_Banned
05-08-2006, 08:56 PM
The lenses on mine are both the same...PERFECT! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif