PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca Attakus statue questions

WarsFan5
04-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey there everyone--I just had a couple of questions concerning the Attakus Chewbacca for those of you that own it: (I was considering purchasing Attakus or the new GG)

About how much does it weigh?
About how large is it (not in terms of height, but overall, the feeling of how large it is)?
What exactly does cold cast mean? It is made of porcelain, correct?
Overall, how pleased were you with your purchase?

Any help from any members would be greatly appreciated...thanks for your time.

LINQ0311
04-21-2006, 11:05 AM
It's awesome, I would pick it up if I were you. I don't own it, but I've seen it. I do own a lot of the other Attakus statues out there, and they are really nice. Cold Cast is very solid and holds its paint very well. The paint apps are very smooth and life like. I really don't think any of the other statues can compare.

The Chewbacca is pretty big though, as are most Attakus statues. With that said, the GG Chewie is really nice, and I am sure you would be equally as happy. I guess what it all boils down to is how much you want to spend, and what pose do you like more. Plus, the GG version has 3PO on his back.

If I were you, start another thread with WTB: Attakus Chewbacca in the title in the classifieds. People here do have them and are willing to sell from what I have seen.

Hope this helps! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ambasah
04-21-2006, 11:15 AM
I have it and would definately recommend it. It's really big and heavy and the detail is awsome. You can also find it for a lot less $$ compared to other Attakus statues.

Good luck!

ump
04-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi,Buy it and it's worth for every $$ : )

WarsFan5
04-21-2006, 03:41 PM
You all have been a help--that's why this board is great, always people willing to help...
Thanks

DarthPotts1975
04-21-2006, 07:48 PM
i have both. i love both. the attakus kicks GG butt on this one. the size and detail blow GG away. i would get on asap, escpecially since you can snag one for almost half retail.