PDA

View Full Version : John Guth Died...

Tom_B
04-18-2006, 10:44 PM
This was sent to me today, thought you may be interested (taken from SARLACC email). Quite a shock really:

For those of you who haven't heard the news, John Guth died last Thursday.
John founded the Seattle Star Wars Society in 1999 and organized their
line event for Episode I. He got national (and international) fame for
being the first in the world to line up for Attack of the Clones in early
2002. He also attended some of our SARLACC meetings and did events with
some of us in years past.

Here's the obituary listing that also has funeral service info:

http://www.legacy.com/nwclassifieds/DeathN otices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=17481100

They haven't posted the obit or schedule yet on the funeral home's site
but I assume they will eventually update it with the hours for anyone
interested in attending:
http://www.edlineyahncovingtonfuneralhome.com/

JoshEEE
04-18-2006, 11:23 PM
This was terrible news indeed.

I've heard from mutual friends in the last week who are really broken up. I know he left a lot of people behind that are going to miss him. Can't believe this happened to someone as young as he is, to one of our own.

Resurrection_Bob
04-19-2006, 12:16 AM
I was very sad to read this in my e-mail just now. John was always fun to hang out with and always greeted my mom and me with a big smile. He will definitely be missed.

thenderson
04-19-2006, 11:39 AM
What goes around comes around.

Lord_Bobster
04-19-2006, 05:41 PM
I really can't say anything. I never knew John. I'll only say words that Kurt Vonnegut said once and I was privledge to witness...

"May everyone who comes into this world be greeted with greatest joy. May they be given meaningful work to do for the rest of their lives. And when they pass on, may they be sorely missed."

We rejoice for those who become one with The Force.

Dr_Zoltar
04-20-2006, 12:59 PM
I never knew John either, but have heard his name many times in conversations. Very sad news indeed. Much to young to go. Hopefully he is one with the force now.

DarthDeanna27
04-29-2006, 12:58 AM
I went to John's Memorial Service. John certainly touched a lot of people's lives and probably never would have met each other if it weren't for the events he organized and some of those events I look on as some of my best experiences in life. John will be missed greatly.