PDA

View Full Version : GRAND THEFT / LILI LEDY / $6500.00 US

Andre_B
04-16-2006, 07:27 AM
I want to warn you all against a couple of Mexican GRAND THIEF.
INDALECIO FLORES and PATRICIA PORTALES stole for OVER $ 6500 US.

Another Rebelscum member (who can name himself if he wants to) and myself got ripped off by this Mexican duo of filthy thieves.

To make a long story short, we both sent important amounts of money to Indalecio and his wife on October 2005 in exchange of Lili Ledy carded figures. Indalecio made us wait over a month before letting us know that a lot of rain got into his storage room and that everything was destroyed.
The scumbag NEVER provided a proof of the damaged goods, even when a lot of Mexican scummers were willing to meet him up at his storage room to take pictures (Because Indalecio said that he did not have a camera).

Indalecio Flores and his wife Patricia Portales originally said that they would sell stuff on Ebay in order to refund us, WHICH THEY NEVER DID.

The other scummer who got shafted and myself decided to post on the YAHOO Mexican LILI LEDY NEWSGROUP . We posted there to warn the people about this pair of worthless human beings. Indalecio Flores being the founder of this newsgroup, it did not take long before our POSTS were deleted and our right to post revoked.

So I'm also warning you about the fact that the Star Wars Lili ledy newsgroup is far from being democratic and is run by a SCAMMER .
If you want to subsribe to Indalecio's newsgroup and post a link to this thread, you're more than welcome.

Indalecio Flores and Patricia Portales gave us all sort of [censored] reasons why they did not send us refunds, EVERYTHING they said they would do to fix the problem, they NEVER did.
It turned out that we sent money to Indalecio for a Collection of Carded Lili ledy figures that he owned a couple of years ago and that HE ALREADY SOLD two or three years ago.

Everyone who is interested in knowing those people Adress or personal and more than welcomed to email me.

Hometown : Monclova, Mexico
storage location : Monterrey, Mexico

Rebelscum username is: Amanamanaman
EBAY username (until he cnages for another one) is: WOODCRAFTS.MX

I am filling reports with the Mexican and Canadian embassies as well as with the Internet Fraud department of the FBI, and will soon start an investigation with Indalecio's city police.

Indalecio and Patricia also "sold" a Lili Ledy C3PO figure to another collector, if you are the sorry buyer of a LL carded 3PO, I'd appreciate if you could send me a PM, I would gladlly add your voice to the many reports I am filing.

Indalecio, I sure hope you're reading this. I have been more than patient with you. If the authorities cant do anything, you have my word that I'll have this problem fixed myself.

So, BEWARE of INDALECIO FLORES and PATRICIA PORTALES

Jediman
04-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Good thing you posted this Andre!
Iam the second man that INDALECIO FLORES scammed on ebay by selling me careded Lili Ledy figures.
I agree with all the emotion and words that Andre post about this dude and the Lili Ledy yahoo group, that group is just full of corruption. INDALECIO FLORES that is a founder of that group dont let us post any more there and our previous posts are deleted, its a shame really.

This have all been followed up by lies and lies from the scammers, there is no doupt that this scam was planned long time and worked out by some lowlife people. As later i have found out that he sold his figures many years ago. Even though paypal helped me to get back some of the money INDALECIO FLORES stole from me.

Is there any Mexican collectors that might be of any help at all to us to get this situation resolved.

Anyone know heīs new ebay acount beacuse his old one he use to scam us is no longer active.

Lee_Gray
04-16-2006, 01:13 PM
That sucks Andre, hope you get it sorted as thats not the sort of money ppl can just turn their backs on

jjislas
04-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Andre I saw long time ago the posts at the Lili Yahoo Group and how Indalecio try to evade you answering stupid excuses.
Hope you get your money back and that couple bandits go to jail.
I don't know who Indalecio is, Monclova is like 14hrs. from where I am, but if I can help with something PLMK.

I was ripped once $1,000 USD from a UK Guy and don't consider all UK are thieves, so not all Mexicans are thieves.

Lafos
04-17-2006, 06:30 AM
Isnīt there a possibility of legal action, like filing a lawsuit or charge these scammers ? I donīt think Mexico is "non law" country.

iHu
04-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Holy crap Andre, this is a really bad one. THAT is a lot of $$$. I hope they get jailed for robbing you, and good luck with the policia.

~Douglas

Jason_West
04-24-2006, 07:21 AM
Andre,

I am really sorry to hear this. The lot of LL figures were very nice. Once I heard the name and the excuses, I really hoped you would get the figures. I really and I mean REALLY hope that SOB gets what he deserves. Unfortunately, I am a victim of one of his scams as well. Hope you track him down and they put that sucker in jail. Good luck to you..

tk1565
04-24-2006, 08:04 AM
hey bro
i hope things work out for ya mate? that's a lot of doe to loose.i hope those punk bas%$&#$ get jail time for their BS and you get atleast some or all of the money back from the deal?
cheers mate and good luck with your case
brian

BWA
10-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Andre!

Same wave, I was involved too! He played it ugly that Flores. He posted on eBay then removed all figures except for that C-3PO because he had gotten offers off eBay. I was desperate! I had missed my figure just one year earlier so I begged him. I offered $700 and Flores said he was going to talk to the guy who had bought almost the entire lot. The "guy" had apparently said he could live without the TIE Pilot so I paid him $700 for it shipped... took a few weeks, after all, he would go to his summer place in the US (the way I understood it)... A few months later I got the same e-mail about the rain pouring into his warehouse and everything was destroyed... can you believe the decency of that man??? He said almost immediately that he wanted to make it clear that he was to refund me... I felt bad about it so I gave him time... almost seven or eight months before I gave up.. I had offered him partial payments and everything and he always answered with "Money is on its way". Eventually I contacted my credit card holder and Paypal and was able to sort the mess out thanks to proof of lots of e-mails from him where he promised me reimbursement... So I got my money back, almost 8 months after initial buy.... But I was without Lili Ledy TIE Pilot... so ... to relate to where we are now, a Lili Ledy TIE Pilot surfaced about a month ago, got it for $680.. I was so convinced that it would not reach me since I've had so much trouble with that figure... I though it was meant that I wasn't supposed to have it :-) I was wrong and I got SOOO happy when I had it in my hands.. caressing it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif Nonetheless, I completely understand how you feel!!! Have you contacted your credit card service and Paypal? Might be too late now but maybe you did it initially?

JustOneMore
10-13-2006, 01:52 PM
When dealing with transactions that large it would seem like a good idea to buy a plane ticket from Canada to Mexico and make the deal in person, so you can inspect the nerchandise before any money changes hands, and make to make sure you take possession of the items. I would feel uncomfortable sending that amount of money to a stranger in another country to buy something sight unseen.

Caveat emptor

JosephY
10-13-2006, 02:04 PM
When dealing with transactions that large it would seem like a good idea to buy a plane ticket from Canada to Mexico and make the deal in person, so you can inspect the nerchandise before any money changes hands, and make to make sure you take possession of the items. I would feel uncomfortable sending that amount of money to a stranger in another country to buy something sight unseen.

Caveat emptor

IF it were an unknown seller or recently joined seller,I'd be inclined to agree with you . BUT, Indalecio Flores was a known and trusted member of the collecting community.
The risk factor when dealing with known collectors is (should be) much lower.

As for flying in to do the deal, Mexico can be a dangerous country if you're not with the right people or in the right place. (Now) Knowing that Indalecio was pulling a scam, imagine what could have happened to Andre if he had flown in?

Hopefully once the investigation begins, it'll bring Indalecio and his wife to justice, and get Andre his money back.

Cheers
Joseph

Spidey_Seth
10-13-2006, 02:08 PM
When dealing with transactions that large it would seem like a good idea to buy a plane ticket from Canada to Mexico and make the deal in person, so you can inspect the nerchandise

That is good advise but I am sure that Andre knew what he was doing when he sent the money. Its not like he sent it to some newbie who did not have any type of reputation. The fact is that a well known respectable collector flaked and stole from Andre. There are some people who i would not hesitate to send a large sum of money to. if they stole from me there would have been no way i could have forseen it. Some how I do not think this is the end of the story. Cowboy hat and bat will help to persuade the thief to refund the stolen money.

Edit, Joe beat me to the punch.

Leif_G
10-13-2006, 03:13 PM
As for flying in to do the deal, Mexico can be a dangerous country if you're not with the right people or in the right place. (Now) Knowing that Indalecio was pulling a scam, imagine what could have happened to Andre if he had flown in?

I was thinking exactly the same thing. People have been known to kill for an iPod or their next fix north of the border. I can't imagine how little a life might be valued at in some parts of Mexico.

Spidey_Seth
10-13-2006, 03:24 PM
People have been known to kill for an iPod or their next fix north of the border. I can't imagine how little a life might be valued at in some parts of Mexico.

I did not know life was that tough up there in Canada. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

iHu
10-13-2006, 05:33 PM

I was thinking exactly the same thing. People have been known to kill for an iPod or their next fix north of the border. I can't imagine how little a life might be valued at in some parts of Mexico.

Maybe it is us who's worse... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Leif_G
10-13-2006, 06:50 PM
People have been known to kill for an iPod or their next fix north of the border. I can't imagine how little a life might be valued at in some parts of Mexico.

I did not know life was that tough up there in Canada. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I meant North of the Mexican/US border Seth. We Canadians are too busy drinking beer and relaxing in our igloos http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

philraymond
10-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Maybe it is us who's worse... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Um, I'm gonna say... no.

JustOneMore
10-14-2006, 11:57 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Although Monterrey is the third largest city in Mexico, it has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.

[/QUOTE]

http://www.agimmobilier.com/resource-center/Monterrey.htm

IF it were an unknown seller or recently joined seller,I'd be inclined to agree with you . BUT, Indalecio Flores was a known and trusted member of the collecting community.

The fact is that a well known respectable collector flaked and stole from Andre.

Another Rebelscum member (who can name himself if he wants to) and myself got ripped off by this Mexican duo of filthy thieves.

The scumbag...

...this pair of worthless human beings.

...a SCAMMER .

It turned out that we sent money to Indalecio for a Collection of Carded Lili ledy figures that he owned a couple of years ago and that HE ALREADY SOLD two or three years ago.

Air Canada flies from Montreal to Monterrey for as little as $729 roundtrip.

My point is this: sending large amounts of money to someone in a foreign country is risky, no matter how "well-known" or "trusted" or "respectable" you might think that person is. See how easy it is for "filthy thieves" "scumbags" and "worthless human beings" to be considered "well-known" "trusted" and "respectable" on the Internet.

If you spend $729 and the deal falls through, at least you still get a nice trip out of it. At least you would avoid losing $6500 to a well-known, trusted, respectable yet dirty, theiving, worthless scumbag stranger in a foreign country. But hey, it's your money, if you think sending $6500 to a stranger in a foreign country is better than spending $729 on a plane ticket, that's your decision.

sotoam
10-14-2006, 12:37 PM
If you spend $729 and the deal falls through, at least you still get a nice trip out of it. At least you would avoid losing $6500 to a well-known, trusted, respectable yet dirty, theiving, worthless scumbag stranger in a foreign country. But hey, it's your money, if you think sending $6500 to a stranger in a foreign country is better than spending $729 on a plane ticket, that's your decision.

I don't know the original poster's situation, but there are a LOT more factors to travelling than just spending the money. If he has kids, who watches them? Does he take them along? Are they in school? Is he in school? Does he have the vacation time? Can he get away from his personal business for however long he needs to go to Mexico? Can he travel to a foreign country? Does he have a passport?

Sheesh! The guy got taken for a bunch of money. Nice of you to blame him for the fact that a trusted person went bad.

JosephY
10-14-2006, 01:45 PM

Although Monterrey is the third largest city in Mexico, it has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.

The fact is that a well known respectable collector flaked and stole from Andre.

The scumbag...

...this pair of worthless human beings.

...a SCAMMER .

My point is this: sending large amounts of money to someone in a foreign country is risky, no matter how "well-known" or "trusted" or "respectable" you might think that person is. See how easy it is for "filthy thieves" "scumbags" and "worthless human beings" to be considered "well-known" "trusted" and "respectable" on the Internet.

[/QUOTE]

I think that you're missing the point. Indaleico wasn't considered a stranger to us. he was considered a positive member of our community. I personally had dealings with him where I'd sent good chunks of money to him and always got my items, packed well and in the condition described. Many others here had in the past also had positive deals with him. There was no forewarning that he was or was even capable of pulling something like this. His track record for coming thru on big money deals before this situation made him seem as safe as buying an item from a US seller such as Cloud City.

And as I said previously, flying in may have seemed to be a good idea, if Andre could get the time away from work, when we all believed that Indaleico was on the up and up. But now knowing his true nature and intentions, it could have been far riskier for Andre had he flown in. Even in the "safest" cities,in any counrty, bad people do bad things. A missing Canadian "tourist" probably wouldn't have gotten much attention from the local police.

Andre (and others) are the victims in this situation.So I'm not sure why you feel the need to antagonize the situation with your stance.They trusted someone who, in the past, had proven he could be trusted. Now they need to make sure that this thief is brought to justice.

Cheers
Joseph

Shane Turgeon
10-14-2006, 02:15 PM

It's pretty easy for you to sit behind your computer and throw out ideas on how you think you might have handled a similar deal but you can't apply that to every given online transaction and if you think you can, you're totally deluding yourself.

You don't know any of the players in the deal nor do you know what their situations are so there's no point engaging in a smug game of speculation that does no one any good at this point. I'm confident that most people here know how to handle themselves when it comes to big money, online transactions and i can assure you that Andre is no slouch when it comes to this. If he had thought there was cause for alarm, he never would have proceeded.

Leif_G
10-15-2006, 12:10 AM

That's not saying much considering how crime infested the entire country is. I also wouldn't put much trust in such stats. There's a hell of a lot of crime in Mexico that goes unreported. Often crimes are committed by the people in positions of authority. That's not to say we don't have people like that up here, but it's no where near the problem it is in Mexico.

Secondly, crime stats mean diddly squat when you turn out to be that one victim.

A more realistic option would be to use a trusted third party, perhaps an escrow service or a knowledgable middleman.

BWA
10-15-2006, 03:02 AM
But hey, it's your money, if you think sending $6500 to a stranger in a foreign country is better than spending $729 on a plane ticket, that's your decision.

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't make it more ok to steal just because someone is naive (which I'm NOT saying that Andre was), he can never blame himself for the only one to blame is the criminal, in this case someone who frauded him and took his money.

JustOneMore
10-15-2006, 04:58 AM
It doesn't make it more ok to steal just because someone is naive (which I'm NOT saying that Andre was), he can never blame himself for the only one to blame is the criminal, in this case someone who frauded him and took his money.

*sigh* I wasn't going to say any more, but I have to respond to that.

No one is saying it's OK to steal, alright?

If I leave my car keys in the ignition in what everyone believes was a very "safe" and "trusted" neighborhood and my car gets stolen, does my leaving my car keys in the ignition mean it's OK for someone to steal my car? No.

Am I the victim of a crime? Of course.

Is it possible that if I had behaved differently and been more careful (even though others had left their keys in the ignition in the same neighborhood and had never had their car stolen) I would have reduced the chance of becoming the victim of a crime? What do you think?

Would it be beneficial for others (and me) to learn from that unfortunate experience, and perhaps think of some ways to reduce the risk of being ripped off in the future? What's wrong with that?

Look, I didn't come here to "blame" someone for the reprehensible actions of another person (as I was accused of), I was merely trying to suggest a way to reduce the risk of others being ripped off in the future. Some people seem to think flying to Monterrey, Mexico is as dangerous as going to Baghdad, Iraq. I'm suprised someone didn't say "hey, the plane could crash". Afraid of going to Mexico? Fine, then use an escrow service for large transactions as Dakk suggested, whatever. But what's wrong with re-examining your options to try and avoid becoming another victim? Sheesh.

Indalecio Flores is not the first guy to do an Anakin-to-Darth Vader http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1400215&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1400215 and he won't be the last. I hate to see people get taken advantage of and ripped off. Since we can't predict, guarantee, or control the behavior of other people, all we can do is modify our own behavior to reduce risk if possible.

If I came off as "smug", I didn't mean to, and I apologize to anyone that I offended. I have no talent for sugar-coating things and I tend to be plain-spoken. I was just making a suggestion in the hope that others might avoid what happened to Andre_B. But I've been around Internet boards long enough to recognize when a ganging-up-on and piling-on is taking place, and I have no desire to be at the bottom of one, so I'll try to refrain from responding to any more piling-on comments.

BWA
10-15-2006, 05:05 AM
:-) I agree, I must've misinterpreted the very intention of your first post... sorry!

Andre_B
11-21-2007, 11:45 AM
I just want to refresh everybody's mind.

I'm stuck in the hospital for the past month and possibly until Xmas, with a bill getting bigger everyday that passes by, and I can't help but to think of this son a b.

Anyone knowns if the Yahoo Lili Ledy newsgroup still exist?
I know that he founded it and that he was the administrator of it. When I last tried to warn the people over there about Indalecio's scam, he deleted my posts and banned me from the forum, as well as all the people who agreed with me.

If this newsgroup still exist, I invite you to join it and let them know about Indalecio's numerous thefts.

Thank you for reading.
Andre

lumat
11-21-2007, 12:42 PM
i hate to hear these things. i really hope tihs will work itself out

trenee
11-22-2007, 02:18 AM
Gosh that sucks man. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jediman
11-23-2007, 05:23 AM
Andre sorry to hear about your condition!
The LL Yahoo newsgroup is totally corrupt as we both learned back then. When i learned that this scammer removed all out posts about his scamm all the time i just left the interesst in that group.

Sadly its very few people to even care about scammers and other scumms these days, I was scammed to in the same deal as Andrew and never got my cash back!
There are so many scammers in this hobby now and alot on this forum to, I almost stopped buying at all myself, its not funny when %70 of the stuff you get is not as described by the seller.
Even worse in your case Andre loosing out on that amount and not getting anything.

I really hope people can give you a hand on this case, There seem to be some upright Mexican collectors here.

Take Care Andre / Mats

TheKid
11-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Any news from any of the FBI or PayPal or whoever you contacted? That's a terrible thing to happen to someone. What are some of the reasons he won't refund you (as he claims?)

Po_DeadJawa
11-26-2007, 09:44 PM
I'd just tell him you are willing to pay another $6,500 to make sure that he never walks again. I'll bet somebody in MX would knee-cap him for that much. You might be out $6,500 plus whatever the thug costs, but you'd probably forget about it long before he forgot about not ever being able to walk again. Oh, but I'd only try this after you get nowhere with the police, courts, FBI, etc.

Hell, if plane tickets are only $700 I might consider it (just kidding, Mom).

P'DJ